ADVERTISEMENT

The Interview

There was mention several days ago that two hundred or so former Bush, McCain and Romney staffers and advisers were going to VOTE for Kamalalala. Not just not vote for Trump but actually vote for the abomination that is Harris/Walz.

When all of this Trump world crap is behind us these people need not reapply for conservative re-credentializing. When they were needed they fled and crossed enemy lines. When they want to be welcomed back they should be barred from ever having anything to do with post-Trump-era conservatism and the Republican Party. May they try to exist, sightless and powerless and hungry in the desert.
Agreed. They have no place in our movement. I listened to Glenn Youngkin on Megyn Kelly yesterday. That is a real 2024 contender. Popular in a Blue state without sacrificing Conservative principles. The gains he's made on rectifying Covid learning loss and revitalizing the VA economy are impressive. An election integrity warrior as well. He fight's the culture war with action and not bluster, similar to DeSantis. And can do it all with a really gentle bedside manner and not constantly having to talk about how Trump is the worst thing that ever happened.

If you weren't with us with Trump, don't come back for the Youngkin or DeSantis.

Last edited:
There was mention several days ago that two hundred or so former Bush, McCain and Romney staffers and advisers were going to VOTE for Kamalalala. Not just not vote for Trump but actually vote for the abomination that is Harris/Walz.

When all of this Trump world crap is behind us these people need not reapply for conservative re-credentializing. When they were needed they fled and crossed enemy lines. When they want to be welcomed back they should be barred from ever having anything to do with post-Trump-era conservatism and the Republican Party. May they try to exist, sightless and powerless and hungry in the desert.
Exactly. Don’t like the coach you don’t get to play. Don’t try out next year. You’re not invited

Reactions: jet812
Agreed. They have no place in our movement. I listened to Glenn Youngkin on Megyn Kelly yesterday. That is a real 2024 contender. Popular in a Blue state without sacrificing Conservative principles. The gains he's made on rectifying Covid learning loss and revitalizing the VA economy are impressive. An election integrity warrior as well. He fight's the culture war with action and not bluster, similar to DeSantis. And can do it all with a really gentle bedside manner and not constantly having to talk about how Trump is the worst thing that ever happened.

If you weren't with us with Trump, don't come back for the Youngkin or DeSantis.
Youngkin is not MAGA. He’s a conservative Republican with the character and integrity to serve as Governor and as President. You MAGA types in the “bowel movement” faction of the party can join the sane faction and vote for sane responsible Republicans too.

• Haha
Reactions: ulrey
Youngkin is not MAGA. He’s a conservative Republican with the character and integrity to serve as Governor and as President. You MAGA types in the “bowel movement” faction of the party can join the sane faction and vote for sane responsible Republicans too.
Yet Youngkin and Trump talk frequently and are on great terms.

Ask yourself, “How can I be more like a Youngkin?”

Trump is a turd that won't flush. Until he's gone for good there will be no reset and healing.
Here is the issue though, I'm conservative. I think the best way to move the ball in a conservative direction is to vote for the most conservative candidates available to me. There are a whole bunch of GOP members of consequence (and neither you or I are that) who have gone whole hog on supporting Democrats, and not just Democrats but people who are in front of a party that has slammed pretty hard to the left (what does a tax on unrealized gains do for your job?) are going to expect to be able to come back and lead all these people they have been shifting on and actively working against for a few election cycles. People like Bill Kristol, the Lincoln Project, these former Bush and Romney staffers, etc. are more than welcome to come back and vote but I don't want anybody like them at the leadership table.

They went and played footsie with the enemy. If Kamala gets elected, even though I think it is a horrible idea, I kind of hope she smashes through some of the stuff they are talking about because there will be a whole bunch of Republicans that deserve it.

They are welcome to shut up and vote but I have no interest in hearing what they have to say.

So far Plouffe is running a slick and shallow campaign. He is doing an excellent job of shielding her from the rigors of public scrutiny. He is concealing her shortcomings. You are right, he and she can run the campaign as they want. He is doing a good job. But we are not informed about anything. This joint interview should not be surprising. But based upon her promise of a few days ago, I thought she would appear one-on-one.
Dude, the ball is loose and all she needs to do to win is fall on it... Why try to scoop it up and score, risking a fumble or worse. You just want a "gotcha" moment and are frustrated because she won't give it to you. Grow up and stop throwing this needless tantrum.

Dude, the ball is loose and all she needs to do to win is fall on it... Why try to scoop it up and score, risking a fumble or worse. You just want a "gotcha" moment and are frustrated because she won't give it to you. Grow up and stop throwing this needless tantrum.
Dude, passive aggression doesn’t do anything.

Reactions: DANC and stollcpa
Shorter you: My candidate is such a moron that we can't put her in front of a camera.

That's who you want to put in charge of the country. Spare me all the Trump bullshit.

I assume you're a white dude...

Maybe reach out and ask some black people, or hispanics, why they continue to vote for Democrats then? Their answers might surprise you? I'm a white dude, I certainly don't fully know the reasons. Just throwing out some possibilities.

You guys are completely missing my point. You're belittling enormous groups of people as if they're being "tricked".

And then in your next breath you're going to try to explain to non MAGA people why Trump is still supported.
They are being tricked. And that's also the reason for the Trump support. I was never interested in politics...until I got so sick of being told to hate Republicans,and the obvious stupidity that has been forced on the entire society by "woke" idiots. In fact,before I knew anything about politics at all...I used to make fun of people for bitching about how bad Obama was....telling them they elected him twice. So yeah...the lefty stupidity,and the obvious media bias,is what got me interested,and also what made me hate dems. Yes I said hate. For the people who don't understand that....just wait. At some point,the truth always shows up.

This is absolute fact.

And he'll probably live to 102 and complain about EVERY election being stolen between now and then. And then when he passes peacefully in his sleep, the MAGA crowd will STILL claim his death was some grand conspiracy plotted by 'the left.'
No, by definition it is speculation, but don’t let that stop your misrepresentation of things, your Dem brethren applaud your efforts…

Reactions: DANC
Do you think Trump voters are voting for those Republicans that are winning?

Most definitely. But you've got to run good quality candidates. Not the buffoons that Trump props up. Kari Lake is getting destroyed in the AZ Senate race, for example.

Most definitely. But you've got to run good quality candidates. Not the buffoons that Trump props up. Kari Lake is getting destroyed in the AZ Senate race, for example.
Only asked because when never Trumper republicans call Trump voters disparaging names, it’s not helping to keep them voting republican after Trump is gone. Without Trump voters, republicans are winning anything in the future.

Reactions: DANC
Only asked because when never Trumper republicans call Trump voters disparaging names, it’s not helping to keep them voting republican after Trump is gone. Without Trump voters, republicans are winning anything in the future.

I don't really buy into the mythical 'Trump voter'. Vast majority are just regular Republican voters that vote Republican all the time going back well before Trump. In a decade they will talk as bad about Trump as they do now about Bush, Romney, etc..

I don't really buy into the mythical 'Trump voter'. Vast majority are just regular Republican voters that vote Republican all the time going back well before Trump. In a decade they will talk as bad about Trump as they do now about Bush, Romney, etc..
Romney got 61 million votes. Trump got 74 million in 2020.

Stuart Stevens, campaign manager for Romney and a leading Lincoln Project operator, said that he thinks this election will be like the Carter-Reagan election. The polls were statistically tied throughout the campaign until the last weekend. Reagan won in a blowout, and he thinks Harris will do the same. I don’t share his confidence, but it would make Trump’s inevitable claim of fraud ring hollow-at least with most people.
Tell Stuart Little to kiss my hairy ass. Trump is going to whip your old ladies arse. Not in a good way, like you did. It’s going to be a great November.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and Morrison

Not to mention, how f#cking stupid they are. If you hate Trump, don’t vote for him, but you don’t vote for Harris.

It would be like your wife cheating on you and you get her back by banging a dude. Uhhhhhh……maybe you were just always gay (liberal).

Slightly OT: My wife just cheated on me. Do any of you dudes want to meet up for a beer?

My wife didn’t cheat on me, it’s part of the joke

Last edited:
Trump being gone will change nothing. The MSM will continue vilifying Republicans and they will do their best to help elect all democrats.

They’ve always done that, to a degree. But so long as Trump is the face of the party then all Republicans will be equated to Trump. He needs to be gone. He’s a Cancer on the party.

He does, but he does have a bit of a point. They were lining DeSantis up as the next "Great Satan" when it was looking like he had a legitimate chance of being the nominee. It was the same argument and it was coming from many of the same places, both from the left and right.

ETA: And some of that from the MAGA people themselves. I find myself frustrated with voters on both sides of this Trump thing. Neither of them appear to be as interested in advancing the ball as they are in being in control of the party, to the point of marginalizing the party just to say, "I told you so" and retain power. When Aloha says, "We had a better choice" I agree, we didn't get it this time. When a DanC or you says, "Suck it up and vote for the least worst option from a policy perspective," I also agree. Both sides are digging in so much they are losing the plot.
And you guys vilified Biden as soon as he won primaries in 2020 and then did the same to Harris this year. At best this is pot calling the kettle black

And you guys vilified Biden as soon as he won primaries in 2020 and then did the same to Harris this year. At best this is pot calling the kettle black
I was calling both of them idiots when they were each in the Senate. That being said, you are once again unintentionally making my point for me while thinking you are landing one of your own.

Not to mention, how f#cking stupid they are. If you hate Trump, don’t vote for him, but you don’t vote for Harris.

It would be like your wife cheating on you and you get her back by banging a dude. Uhhhhhh……maybe you were just always gay (liberal).

Slightly OT: My wife just cheated on me. Do any of you dudes want to meet up for a beer?

My wife didn’t cheat on me, it’s part of the joke
Joking right?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT