ADVERTISEMENT

WaPo Top 10 Dem Presidential Nominees

Look, I don't mean to be gauche, but she's a strong, independent, dark woman who cucked her innocent white husband. If she ends up a front-runner, it will be an ugly primary for her, and she won't survive. We live in the world we live in, not the one we wish we did.
But you would be all for pete right?

250-300 extensions and 500 property tax returns due by May 15th keep things stressful. Plus the IRS has never been more messed up in the 38 years I’ve practiced. Must be more of the Putin effect.

Hopefully this was my last tax season if things work out.

Not sure what bonus you’re talking about but happy for you.
isnt it May 10 on property? mine stayed about the same fought them like hell last yr and got a big reduction. Got my extension in on time for income I never get it done on time.

isnt it May 10 on property? mine stayed about the same fought them like hell last yr and got a big reduction. Got my extension in on time for income I never get it done on time.
That’s date payment is due. Business and farmers file personal property tax returns for equipment on their depreciation schedules and those forms due May 15. The assessment on those assets are billed a year behind.

Agreed. Why would a quality person want in politics? No one’s perfect and media will attempt to destroy the reputation of anyone they disagree with.

Idiots voting won’t for for a serious candidate. Give them a free cell phone and you have their vote.
And the media will actively provide cover for Democrats. The last two Democrat presidents are cases in point.

True. Trump, DeSantis, Hawley? Is being an asshole required for the Pub nomination?
Of the top Republicans mentioned as possible candidates for President, I think Pence is the only non-asshole. He also comes across as more of a healer than just another Republican "all-Democrats-suck" flamethrower.

He'd probably get a lot of Democrat votes because of his actions re: Jan. 6.

Reactions: UncleMark
Not sure what bonus you’re talking about but happy for you.

I got me an Earned Income Tax Credit. I guess if you have a shitty job you get a bonus. My TaxAct software just automatically gave it to me. Never ever came up before. I wouldn't have had any idea I was qualified.

There's no way Pete would win the GOP primary, either.
img.jpg

Wellllll

Of the top Republicans mentioned as possible candidates for President, I think Pence is the only non-asshole. He also comes across as more of a healer than just another Republican "all-Democrats-suck" flamethrower.

He'd probably get a lot of Democrat votes because of his actions re: Jan. 6.
More significant, he’d take back all those right-leaning suburban moms.

I got me an Earned Income Tax Credit. I guess if you have a shitty job you get a bonus. My TaxAct software just automatically gave it to me. Never ever came up before. I wouldn't have had any idea I was qualified.
Rules changed in 2021 and easier to get. Congrats!

And the media will actively provide cover for Democrats. The last two Democrat presidents are cases in point.
Yes they do. They hid the Biden Crime Family very well the last election.

I am guessing they won’t do much research on this either. Might be all bull but they’d turn over heaven and hell searching if it was a Republican.

Last edited:
Yes they do. They hid the Biden Crime Family very well the last election.

I am guessing they won’t do much research on this either. Might be all bull but they’d turn over heaven and hell searching if it was a Republican.

Why are we not seeing anything on this except from this single source? That's always a reason to question something. If this had legs you'd think Fox or the WSJ would be on it.

Reactions: Stuffshot
200.gif

Below are our latest rankings.
Others worth mentioning: Commerce Secretary Gina Raimondo, New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy, Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker, Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear, Stacey Abrams, Mitch Landrieu, Rep. Ro Khanna (Calif.)

10. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: The more obvious path for the 32-year-old congresswoman would be to bide her time for the right opportunity to run for Senate. She passed on a primary against Senate Majority Leader Charles E. Schumer (D-N.Y.) this year, but she would have a good shot against Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.) in 2024. Or she could go for an even higher office, for which she polled at 6 percent in that YouGov poll. She doesn’t seem to be taking the kind of steps that others on this list are, but she would have a built-in base, and the progressive lane will be significantly more open this time, since Sanders has said he’s very likely out. (Previous ranking: 10)
9. Gavin Newsom: Some California political watchers have noticed the governor seeming to weigh in more often in recent national political debates. “It’s painfully obvious Newsom wants to run for president one day,” SFGate’s Eric Ting wrote this week. Exactly how that would go down is less obvious. Newsom notched a big victory in a much-watched recall vote last year, but how he’d wear on voters outside the Golden State is a big question. Newsom practically exudes “West Coast liberal,” even as he’s probably a bit more moderate than some people realize. (Previous ranking: 7)
8. Cory Booker: The senator from New Jersey was one of the most prominent faces of the Democrats’ effort to confirm Ketanji Brown Jackson to the Supreme Court, delivering some heartfelt lines about the momentousness of the occasion. His 2020 campaign came nowhere close to capitalizing on the promise of his early political career, but Booker is just 52 and could still have another act on the national stage. (Previous ranking: 6)
7. Sherrod Brown: The biggest shock of the early 2020 Democratic primary cycle might have been when the senator from Ohio unexpectedly passed on running. That was in part because he decided he wasn’t as invested in running as other Democrats were, and it’s possible that won’t have changed in 2024. But with Sanders out, there could be more of a space for his populist style of politics. And you can bet that plenty of establishment Democrats would put Brown very high on their list. One big wrinkle: He’s up for reelection in 2024, and he might not be able to fall back on seeking reelection in red-trending Ohio. (Previous ranking: n/a)
6. Roy Cooper: He might be the one leading contender you hear the least about. That’s partially due to his being a governor, but partially just Cooper’s style. If it’s a just-win-baby type of election, and Democrats want a Biden-style candidate (though not Biden himself), the North Carolinian checks lots of boxes. He’s also, like Brown, a repeat winner in a tough state that Democrats would love to put on the map. (Previous ranking: 5)
5. Amy Klobuchar: The senator from Minnesota would seem to benefit from a Biden-free race, just like some of these others would benefit from a Sanders-free race. But how much? Her high-water mark in 2020 was 20 percent in New Hampshire, and she underperformed in Iowa long before Biden really kicked things into gear. (Previous ranking: 4)
4. Elizabeth Warren: Sanders’s camp has suggested Biden will face a progressive challenger in 2024. But exactly who would that wing of the party line up behind? Politico reported recently that top Sanders aides have gotten involved in setting up the field for 2024 — but by pushing for Khanna to run rather than by building up Warren. Sanders and Warren have often been allies in the Senate, but their 2020 presidential campaigns got pretty ugly with one another. The senator from Massachusetts also has a reelection bid in 2024, which she has said she’ll pursue. (Previous ranking: 3)
3. Harris: We’re dropping Harris down a slot this time. Being vice president is certainly a good launchpad, but it’s not at all clear Harris has put it to good use. Her numbers are similar to Biden’s, and she’s done little to change the perceptions that harmed her 2020 campaign, including on her ability to drive a message. There’s also no way she would run against Biden if he does run (while others might have seen wiggle room on that). On the plus side, Biden has committed to her being his running mate again. (Previous ranking: 1)
2. Pete Buttigieg: The transportation secretary moves ahead of Harris, but not with any great conviction on our part. He ran a good campaign in 2020 — we’ll repeat that he was very close to winning the first two contests — and would enter 2024 with more heft as a Cabinet secretary. Mostly, we’d expect a Biden-less race to be one of the most wide-open contests in recent memory. To the extent people don’t want Biden or Harris, he’s next in line just in terms of sheer plausibility. (Previous ranking: 2)
1. Biden: Having said all of the above, things are often darkest for a president in a midterm election year. And Biden has both a pandemic and inflation to contend with. If those factors wane in the coming months, and after the 2022 midterms? The picture might be significantly different. If Republicans win some control of Congress, as appears likely, it could even help Biden politically, because he’ll have something to run against (even apart from Donald Trump). But mostly, we just wonder whether we’ll see him try to become the first-ever octogenarian presidential nominee.
Question....Is Gabbard not running again OR has the left spun so far left that they have left her in the dust?

So if the D party has moved away from Gabbard, does that mean the right love's Putin's favorite?

The left has moved culturally and in policy. The top ten list strongly evidences this move. The right has moved culturally, not sure that that's the right word, but less in policy than the left .

Reactions: Crayfish57
The left has moved culturally and in policy. The top ten list strongly evidences this move. The right has moved culturally, not sure that that's the right word, but less in policy than the left .
They’ve both moved down on all metrics.

So if the D party has moved away from Gabbard, does that mean the right love's Putin's favorite?

I thought she was the most impressive candidate during the debates last election. She also made the VP look like a fool during the debates. While I do NOT agree with some of her views she's smart, served our country, and is well spoken when in conversation or questioned. AND she does not seem swayed by sticking to a party when issues come up. She is not a divider IMO and would rather unite. Girls got game.

Why are we not seeing anything on this except from this single source? That's always a reason to question something. If this had legs you'd think Fox or the WSJ would be on it.
Isn't the London Daily Mail subject to the U.K. Official Secrets Act if it publishes similar unsupported accusations against U.K. government officials?

Usually, U.K. newspapers are full of soccer, cricket, bikinis and salacious celebrity/royal family scandal, but not a lot of investigative reporting about U.K. government matters. Maybe the Mail is trying to persuade its home readers that (absent the Official Secrets Act) it could be a kickass news source for legitimate U.K. government matters by showing what it can do to Yankee government officials without being exposed to the same U.K. consequences.

As for why few/zero American outlets are running with this story speculating about the content of a laptop supposedly left at the shop of a blind computer repairman (and now in the sole possession of the FBI and its really good computer technicians), we all know why. If they speculate, it's a story about, well, about something.

f74829d4e7c448d0188811b7223ac77a.jpg

Of the top Republicans mentioned as possible candidates for President, I think Pence is the only non-asshole.
I think we all need to take a moment to reflect on and unpack what a massive and multi-layered statement this is.

I thought she was the most impressive candidate during the debates last election. She also made the VP look like a fool during the debates. While I do NOT agree with some of her views she's smart, served our country, and is well spoken when in conversation or questioned. AND she does not seem swayed by sticking to a party when issues come up. She is not a divider IMO and would rather unite. Girls got game.
We know she's cute.

But, has she ever, ever opposed, criticized or disagreed with Trump?

She can't become an electable nominee of the Republican party until she makes clear she isn't just another "girl" Trump would put on his cabinet. In fact, this harsh comment applies to Pence, too.

Until Trump announces a firm decision whether he's running or not, the other Republicans are just little boys and girls scurrying around the feet of their master, offering college-level-poly-sci comments and book reports on what they think a perfect America would be like if Trump would let them implement it.

• Haha
Reactions: Crayfish57
We know she's cute.

But, has she ever, ever opposed, criticized or disagreed with Trump?

She can't become an electable nominee of the Republican party until she makes clear she isn't just another "girl" Trump would put on his cabinet. In fact, this harsh comment applies to Pence, too.

Until Trump announces a firm decision whether he's running or not, the other Republicans are just little boys and girls scurrying around the feet of their master, offering college-level-poly-sci comments and book reports on what they think a perfect America would be like if Trump would let them implement it.
That's becoming untrue re DeSantis. In many ways DeSantis as gov has a better springboard then trump. I'll go on record now that DeSantis passes Trump

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
I think we all need to take a moment to reflect on and unpack what a massive and multi-layered statement this is.
Good luck.

As long as they are salivating over the dimpled thigh photo Uncle Mark posted, you are not going to get a meaningful response (at least not one in response to what you asked).

That's becoming untrue re DeSantis. In many ways DeSantis as gov has a better springboard then trump. I'll go on record now that DeSantis passes Trump
In some ways, I really hope you are right.

But we still don't really know how professionally Desantis will react if Trump (whose "professionalism" and fairness we already do know about) decides to blast him and blast him and blast him.

We've already seen Desantis' childish fake-NBA shoulder shimmy, There's still time for Desantis to show his stuff and hurt his chances.

That may be all true but right now I do not think her position on Russia is electable by either party.

She's was an accused right wing troll and she did nothing in her campaign or the debates to shake that stink.

Her only sizzle was to pwn the libs and then go on Fox news complaining how horrible the they were.

She might as well be Ronna McDaniel or say Howard Stern getting into the republican primary as a goof.

I can't stand DeSantis. But if he can take Trump down I'll be forever grateful.

It's miserable. I actually like trump better personally. I think he's funny and entertaining as hell. Just not a president. DeSantis just seems like a dickhead

He's having soooooooo much fun right now
AOC can turn this BS on him.

Maybe she should just say publicly "XYZ New York restaurant at 8pm on Saturday, be there or be square -- I've got a special room way in the back -- we'll be alone."

Then, we'd see if Musk really wants to act like he wants people to think she's hitting on him, when the NY Princess Di death paparazzi starts hanging out at the restaurant, playing by their own Twitter rules.

AOC can flirt better on camera than Musk choking like he's never smoked dope before:

AOC can turn this BS on him.

Maybe she should just say publicly "XYZ New York restaurant at 8pm on Saturday, be there or be square -- I've got a special room way in the back -- we'll be alone."

Then, we'd see if Musk really wants to act like he wants people to think she's hitting on him, when the NY Princess Di death paparazzi starts hanging out at the restaurant, playing by their own Twitter rules.

AOC can flirt better on camera than Musk choking like he's never smoked dope before:

You live in a cave. AOC is dating a woke cuck nerd with bad feet and freckles. Musk is in triangles with Capt Jack. Difft league....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT