ADVERTISEMENT

The Interview

Okay DREAM TEAM I watched the Harris interview. WE’RE COOKED!!!!!!!! Nice. Normal. Calm. Gracious. She maintains that demeanor and approach she’ll win handily. She did a great job and the contrast with trump is night and day.
Pull Yourself Together Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
Okay DREAM TEAM I watched the Harris interview. WE’RE COOKED!!!!!!!! Nice. Normal. Calm. Gracious. She maintains that demeanor and approach she’ll win handily. She did a great job and the contrast with trump is night and day.
Her campaign has been on it, but they screwed up doing an interview. She’s terrible. The media was doing a great job running cover for her and “glowing her up”. The shine comes off when she speaks more than 7 words. Also, Walz sitting there was weird.

Last edited:
Reactions: dbmhoosier
Her campaign has been on it, but they screwed up doing an interview. She’s terrible. The media was doing a great job running cover for her and “glowing her up”. The shine comes off when she speaks more than 7 words. Also, Walz sitting there was weird.
She was very calm, no crazy cackle, and seemed reasonable, likable and yes kept things at the surface which is all she needs to win. Walz is a horrible pick. Goofy as fck. Like a nanny. Talked in circles about his lies about stupid shit. Dumb.

Do we know, for sure, the interview a) was not edited, and b) that questions were not shared prior to the interview? Candy Crowley school of interviewing?

I didn't watch so just asking.

Reactions: DANC and ulrey
What is dumb is that its been over 30 days since she was announced and hasn't given a press conference, hasn't let anyone ask her tough questions. What is she afraid of?
Why is a "press comference" so important to you? She has given speeches in that time.

Could it be that you're talking about it because FoxNews is talking about it?

Last edited:
Why is a "press comference" so important to you? She has given speeches in that time.

Could it be that you’re running cover because you’re a far left hack of limited intelligence?

She’s running for president and no one voted for or knows what the hell she is proposing. Go talk to people. Interact. Answer questions. Mercy. This isn’t something radical to suggest.

Do we know, for sure, the interview a) was not edited, and b) that questions were not shared prior to the interview? Candy Crowley school of interviewing?

I didn't watch so just asking.
I don’t know. It’s light on substance. But she still was calm and normal and if she adopts that same demeanor in the debate will make quite a contrast from trump. And not in a good way for us dream teamers. Trump will look like an old lunatic next to her. Now walz is incredibly goofy and awful. I’d keep him in a basement.

Assuming CowardMala cuts her Bullshit and finally agrees to the debate on the 10th it is imperative that Trump do one thing.

He's not much for prepared talking points and I'm not suggesting he memorizes a litany, but there is one that it is imperative he does and it's not a policy point. That is to cut Kamala's "I'm Speaking" bullshit off at the head. Something like:

"I'm happy to be here tonight and look forward to a constructive discussion, but I would ask Vice President Harris not to revert to her low brow, "Im speaking" tactic where she pretends she is being interrupted or talked over. It is a cheap, cowardly tactic, that she uses when she doesn't have a thoughtful thing to say and wants to portray herself as a strong woman and her opponent as rude. If she can avoid this cowardly and transparent tactic we will have a great discussion, if she can't contain herself the discussion will devolve and it will be her doing, I would ask the audience to keep an eye out for this or something similar tonight as it is a sign the Vice President is flailing"

But in Trump terms. She used it constantly on the most polite man in the world, Mike Pence, she will attempt to use it or some variation of it against Trump.
Pence interrupted Harris repeatedly when he debated her. He may have smiled but his interruptions were rude.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
I think we are attacking her for hiding. Also this CNN interview with Dana Bash should be a milk toast interview. There will be a lot of fawning on Bash's part and Harris will soak it in. I'd like to see Bash ask three really tough questions concerning the Biden/Harris record.
Milquetoast. Next time impress us.

A dishonest, purposeful distortion of the criticism of Harris. No one has suggested, ever, that joint interviews are wrong as a matter of practice.

Rather, that after over a month with Harris as the nominee, with no press conferences, no interviews or policy positions articulated, she finally decides to give her first interview…….. with her VP by her side.

When the drumbeat has been growing to a roar that she’s thoughtless, inarticulate and afraid of media. Doing a joint interview, to a friendly anchor, pre-taped and edited cements said criticisms in a way that leaves little doubt.

She’s useless
You should reread this thread. Several people have criticized her for having a joint interview.

Because having national leaders actually take questions and engage with the press is a pretty important part of a healthy democratic society. Giving a stump speech is apples and bowling balls.

Hell we aren't asking them to have to do what the PMs in Britain do, stand in the House of Commons and engage the opposition party in an open debate. Just stand up and be able to show you have some basic competence and ability to think on your feet a bit. She's clearly been pretty bad at this at times in the past.

Reactions: ribbont and ulrey
Ok, perhaps I misspelled the word. I'll take your word for it. But you are wrong in that I do care about what Kamala Harris says. She could be the next President. So when she says she wants to do a mandatory gun buy back program I think about what the country will look like when she sends people with guns to get American's guns. It would be a very hard time for us as a people. When she talks about price controls I think about how in the past when countries did that and it lead to economic ruin and shortages of food and products. There are a tons of things I listen to concerning her and I don't like it one bit.
You just admitted in this post that you have heard Harris talk a lot about her intentions, but in Post 3 above you complained that she hadn't given a press conference so she could be asked tough questions. Obviously you have already heard her speak. Stop whining.

Could it be that you’re running cover because you’re a far left hack of limited intelligence?

She’s running for president and no one voted for or knows what the hell she is proposing. Go talk to people. Interact. Answer questions. Mercy. This isn’t something radical to suggest.
McMurtry, no one believes you and VPM are waiting for Harris to have interviews so you can decide whether you will vote for her. You two already decided. Quit posturing.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
Hell we aren't asking them to have to do what the PMs in Britain do, stand in the House of Commons and engage the opposition party in an open debate.
We should. That's one of the best things the limeys do. And they don't just do it on holidays. Every f*cking Wednesday, they know they are going to get blasted. 52 weeks a year.

Moron is probably too strong, forgive me as I get hyperbolic sometimes. I think she is probably wholly average. She is someone that can pass a test (sometimes after multiple attempts, cough, Bar Exam, cough) but she isn't a great on her feet thinker. She is meh.

She is probably on the lower end of the intellectual scale when compared to past Presidents.
She reminds me of George W Bush. Looks the part, but when he opens his mouth, it's painful. She's the same.

Bush had Cheney directing his every move. Walz may fill that position with Harris.

• Haha
Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
She reminds me of George W Bush. Looks the part, but when he opens his mouth, it's painful. She's the same.

Bush had Cheney directing his every move. Walz may fill that position with Harris.
We already knew you’re a Trrumpster and not a Republican. You just confirmed it.

Last edited:
Because having national leaders actually take questions and engage with the press is a pretty important part of a healthy democratic society. Giving a stump speech is apples and bowling balls.

Hell we aren't asking them to have to do what the PMs in Britain do, stand in the House of Commons and engage the opposition party in an open debate. Just stand up and be able to show you have some basic competence and ability to think on your feet a bit. She's clearly been pretty bad at this at times in the past.

Don't disagree with your point and explanation in your first paragraph.

My issue is the failure to call out obvious campaign tactics and strategies that are running rampant with the influence of the social universe. It has allowed for insane growth of the most extreme voices which... I'll admit I'm a little torn on the social value it creates for us.

Point being this 'she needs to do an interview with my preferred nutjob leading voices like Hannitty or Tucker' is just an obvious campaign tactic of....

Creat an accusation that allows opponents to act angry about and demand that the opposition candidate must do. If they don't they can say it proves the accusation to be true.

Earlier just today there was an accusation created from the right wing blogosphere that Kamala never worked at McDonald's. So she needs to now show W2's in response to a group that she's highly likely not going to win over which means they are insignificant to her campaign goals.

Maybe tomorrow the right will say she has a satanic tattoo on her scalp so she needs to prove that and shave her head. If she doesn't then it's true!

Meanwhile I could say Trump is attracted and likes to f#$k goats so until he spends a weekend isolated on a goat farm with cameras recording his every move to prove he's not, that confirms he a goat fu$ker.

Anyway, the 'she isn't doing interviews because she's scared' to me is just that basic campaign tactic of creating a grievance that can only be rectified when they do what the accuser really wants. In this case they really want Kamala to be attacked by right wing media.

This is absolute fact.

And he'll probably live to 102 and complain about EVERY election being stolen between now and then. And then when he passes peacefully in his sleep, the MAGA crowd will STILL claim his death was some grand conspiracy plotted by 'the left.'
Oh yeah, MAGA believes crazy conspiracty theories.

Not to mention, how f#cking stupid they are. If you hate Trump, don’t vote for him, but you don’t vote for Harris.

It would be like your wife cheating on you and you get her back by banging a dude. Uhhhhhh……maybe you were just always gay (liberal).

Slightly OT: My wife just cheated on me. Do any of you dudes want to meet up for a beer?

My wife didn’t cheat on me, it’s part of the joke
She's too invested in Bitcoin to cheat on you now.

• Haha
Reactions: snarlcakes
I wonder how many takes they had to do?

Dana Gash - now there's a hard hitting interview.

Was she asked any policy questions?

We should. That's one of the best things the limeys do. And they don't just do it on holidays. Every f*cking Wednesday, they know they are going to get blasted. 52 weeks a year.
Every time is see one, I always think it’s a Monty Python sketch. Incredible stuff.

When you've lost Frank Luntz and Mr. Meghan McCain it was an absolute train wreck.

Last edited:
Don't disagree with your point and explanation in your first paragraph.

My issue is the failure to call out obvious campaign tactics and strategies that are running rampant with the influence of the social universe. It has allowed for insane growth of the most extreme voices which... I'll admit I'm a little torn on the social value it creates for us.

Point being this 'she needs to do an interview with my preferred nutjob leading voices like Hannitty or Tucker' is just an obvious campaign tactic of....

Creat an accusation that allows opponents to act angry about and demand that the opposition candidate must do. If they don't they can say it proves the accusation to be true.

Earlier just today there was an accusation created from the right wing blogosphere that Kamala never worked at McDonald's. So she needs to now show W2's in response to a group that she's highly likely not going to win over which means they are insignificant to her campaign goals.

Maybe tomorrow the right will say she has a satanic tattoo on her scalp so she needs to prove that and shave her head. If she doesn't then it's true!

Meanwhile I could say Trump is attracted and likes to f#$k goats so until he spends a weekend isolated on a goat farm with cameras recording his every move to prove he's not, that confirms he a goat fu$ker.

Anyway, the 'she isn't doing interviews because she's scared' to me is just that basic campaign tactic of creating a grievance that can only be rectified when they do what the accuser really wants. In this case they really want Kamala to be attacked by right wing media.
I wish that for just one campaign cycle we could trade places. Fox News and talk radio become complete shills for the Democrats and the Republicans get basically everyone else with the Wall Street Journal kind of staying where it is at. Hollywood and the entertainment industry generally doing subtle and not so subtle things to get out that GOP message. Having a candidate that for 4 years people were hiding and saying, "Nah, this person ain't it" and then suddenly flipping the script and accepting that, "Hey, even though we are journalists who make our living off of delivering the news, we really don't need that candidate to talk to us...."

I don't believe you understand because you live in a world that coddles your POV. You have to come to places like this or Fox News to hear much of the opposition. I get tastes of your viewpoints when I want to just be entertained.

I don't expect you to understand or to even acknowledge this exists. I am just a "woe is me" complainer. However, I believe things like Haidt's research into who can chameleon better into the other's position indicates that people on the left have some real blind spots to those on the right and I think it is because of the reality I described above. We understand you because your opinion are ubiquitous. Ours are not. You all would be flipping your shit if a Republican refused to do non stump speech related appearances and the media went along with it. You know it and I know it.

Is Rosie O’Donnell talking about a conspiracy theory really your big zinger?

This is the first - and probably the last - I’m hearing of this. No one cares what Rosie O’Donnell thinks. Are you going to share Carrot Top’s stance on fracking later today?

Reactions: Harry Hondo

Who said that, Kenndy Jr was a left conspiracy theorist. Many Truthers were on the left. Liberals are moonbats, conservatives are wingnuts. There just aren't as many actually elected on the left. .

She seemed calm and aspirational and like an adult. Trump seems like an 80 year old rambling lunatic. She’ll win. Let’s hope for divided gov to block her bs. The question is how much will the stink of trump cost us elsewhere. Dumbshits like lake who no one wants
You're losing it. Trump was literally ahead in Silver's polls yesterday. He's up a point in the betting Polymarket. Harris putting together a few sentences in one interview isn't going to sway voters. Also, the odds of Republicans taking the Senate are around 75%.

Last edited:
You're losing it. Trump was literally ahead in Silver's polls yesterday. He's up a point in the Polymarket bets. Harris putting together a few sentences in one interview isn't going to sway voters. Also, the odds of Republicans taking the Senate are around 75%.
Senate is what I’m counting on

Reactions: snarlcakes
You're losing it. Trump was literally ahead in Silver's polls yesterday. He's up a point in the Polymarket bets. Harris putting together a few sentences in one interview isn't going to sway voters. Also, the odds of Republicans taking the Senate are around 75%.
We'll see. Trump keeps putting his foot in his mouth. He stepped in a pile on the abortion issue with some comments about the amendment in Florida that has created a kerfuffle. His online supporters aren't doing him any favors either....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT