ADVERTISEMENT

Breyer

No, if they didn't nominate people that groped women against their will then there wouldn't be an issue. Of course, putting limits on the investigation really showed the Gop's true colors.
So you mean Biden wouldn't be president right now? hey I am all for ya on that one hickory! especially when they are underage That would be a double whammy

No, Gorsuch was treated fairly. The outrage was aimed at what transpired to get him the nomination in the first place.

Gorsuch shouldn't count regardless. If the gop didn't steal garland's spot then there wouldn't be a spot to begin with

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
What do think would have happened if Trump had campaigned on appointing a white woman or man to the court if he got another chance? Biden should have just kept his mouth shut and not telegraphed what he was gonna do and went ahead and done it. Color is NOT a qualification to be a Supreme Court justice. You and I know he was just campaigning for the black votes which he already had.
That wouldn't have been remotely analogous. A much better analogy is the one I already offered: Reagan promising to nominate a woman as a woman had never yet been on the Court. That's exactly what Biden did for exactly the same reasons, and it's the exact same virtue signaling Ranger referenced above.

The only thing silly about all this is that it suddenly became terrible when Biden did it.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
That wouldn't have been remotely analogous. A much better analogy is the one I already offered: Reagan promising to nominate a woman as a woman had never yet been on the Court. That's exactly what Biden did for exactly the same reasons, and it's the exact same virtue signaling Ranger referenced above.

The only thing silly about all this is that it suddenly became terrible when Biden did it.
No, it was a reasonable analogy in context. This is a bad look for Biden.

Reactions: Crayfish57

Virtue signaling should be called out and lambasted every time it appears. That’s true for Reagan and it’s surely true for Biden.

Reactions: NPT and DANC
No, but Kavanaugh is a shitbird and Barrett got the nod so a woman would be the one to overturn Roe.
fetchimage

Reactions: UncleMark

Obviously math challenges you doesnt it? Comparing roughly 50% of the population divided by gender vs maybe 6-7% divided by gender and race are not remotely similar. The silliest thing is you and your overbearing idea that you are smarter than any other person that exists.

• Love
Reactions: Lucy01
So give it to a well-deserved black lady. Don’t announce you’re giving it to a black lady ahead of time. It’s racial pandering and it stinks.
There is a great Mr. Show with Bob and David sketch about this. Only they are parodying giving to charity. "Charity is doing something for people while other people are watching."

Politics is... well politics.

Reactions: anon_mlxxvlbug9dpa
Gorsuch shouldn't count regardless. If the gop didn't steal garland's spot then there wouldn't be a spot to begin with

Of the three Trump picks, Gorsuch is the odd man out if Garland had been confirmed. Kennedy would still have struck his deal with Trump to pick Kavanaugh, and Barrett would have been chosen to be the woman to overturn Roe. Interesting, in that Gorsuch is the best of the three.

Wall St will pick Breyer's replacement.

and Wall St could care less what sex or race the pick is, or what their social policies are.

total corporate power to do whatever Wall St wants, and total govt power to do whatever govt wants, is the only prerequisite.

and Wall St will absolutely get that, and let the little people fight over social issues while Wall St runs the country and the govt, and makes every decision on everything economic.

it's not personal. social policy is personal.

it's just business.

Wall St will pick Breyer's replacement.

and Wall St could care less what sex or race the pick is, or what their social policies are.

total corporate power to do whatever Wall St wants, and total govt power to do whatever govt wants, is the only prerequisite.

and Wall St will absolutely get that, and let the little people fight over social issues while Wall St runs the country and the govt, and makes every decision on everything economic.

it's not personal. social policy is personal.

it's just business.
What?

Reactions: NPT
LOL. I bet you actually buy that.
The Indian guy from Parks and Rec, can't think of his name, has a new half hour standup on Netflix that's pretty funny. He talks about how it's important to understand the other side and that we ought to spend a little time outside of our bubble reading what the other side reads "but don't go too deep. THAT FAUCI'S A PEDOPHILE!!!!! He has a funny bit on Aaron Rodgers too. Shocking the football jock flunked the science test

I think it was more likely due to her putting politics over the law as it actually written but keep missing the point.
Hearing a liberal complain about a conservative justice putting politics over law is literally the funniest thing ever. Every lib justice ever on SCOTUS puts politics over the law and the Constitution.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and IU_Hickory
Hearing a liberal complain about a conservative justice putting politics over law is literally the funniest thing ever. Every lib justice ever on SCOTUS puts politics over the law and the Constitution.

haha. abortion is a right. you may want to tell that to GOP justices and politicians. GOP cares about the law. LMAO hahahahahahahahahahahahaha that is f'n funny.

voting is also a right btw. GOP seems to forget that one too.

That's fine, but for Bailey to come out and to immediately come out and play the race card before Biden can even nominate a appointee is truly what is wrong with people.

See the hypocrisy there.
But he's right. I have no problem with a qualified person being on the bench. But if you're a black woman wouldn't you rather be on the bench because you're qualified rather than your skin color? To me, Biden is shedding is normal negative light by publicly zeroing in on a black woman. All he had to do was keep his big political mouth shut for once and pick his person (black woman) and say it was on merit. Better for all.

haha. abortion is a right. you may want to tell that to GOP justices and politicians. GOP cares about the law. LMAO hahahahahahahahahahahahaha that is f'n funny.

voting is also a right btw. GOP seems to forget that one too.
Cheating is not a right and Democrats seem to have forgotten that too.

No, if they didn't nominate people that groped women against their will then there wouldn't be an issue. Of course, putting limits on the investigation really showed the Gop's true colors.
Well those requirements would have eliminated Clinton and Biden right off the bat.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and IU_Hickory
But he's right. I have no problem with a qualified person being on the bench. But if you're a black woman wouldn't you rather be on the bench because you're qualified rather than your skin color? To me, Biden is shedding is normal negative light by publicly zeroing in on a black woman. All he had to do was keep his big political mouth shut for once and pick his person (black woman) and say it was on merit. Better for all.
I do agree with this take. Just do it. No need to talk about it in advance. Just do it and let the actual appointment do the talking.

I do agree with this take. Just do it. No need to talk about it in advance. Just do it and let the actual appointment do the talking.

People do a lot of talking before an election about what they plan to do. If he follows through with it, at least he is following through. I think we should be more upset when people say they're going to do something and then don't try to follow through.

I see the reasoning that now they might question that she was only selected because she was a black woman but some people would question it regardless based solely on needing something to complain about due to politics.

Reactions: BCCHoosier
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT