ADVERTISEMENT

So we have Justice Alito flying upside down flags. We have Trump dry humping our Flag.

I think most people are ok with history being taught. They aren't ok with the nonsense developed by Nikole Hannah Jones being passed off as real scholarship as opposed to the race baiting propaganda it is.

35% of all history teacher job requisitions are in African American history.

Exactly whose history is being papered over here when African American history is taught more than 20th century, 19th century and Early American history and all U.S. History combined?

The answer? American History. American History is being papered over and replaced with racially resentful crap.

Note: Sex Ed has been in the classrooms for decades. People who think history should not be taught are crazy. People who try to ban books are crazy. People who hyperbolize events that rarely happen are intentionally trying to stir the pot or are dishonest or misinformed.
Smh

• Angry
Reactions: Willdog7
Of course. But that’s not who set the 2020 agenda. It was Biden and his team of far left progressives. Let’s think about what the far left advocates. Crackdown on corporate greed. We hear that weekly from biden. End mass incarceration. Bail projects Harris promoted. Climate green. Biden took immediate action after taking office on same. Redistribution. Immigration change. Biden took 94 actions immediately. Throw in some identity politics and race-baiting at every turn if it shuffles like a duck….

Over a 100 members in the progressive caucus. They set the 2020 agenda and from Biden’s race-baiting on campuses and free loans I don’t see much changing.

That’s your party. Own it
Talking about race-baiting and far right-wing idealogy. I guess you have not read Project 2025 rolling back the clock. Getting rid of the depts of defense, and education and filling all govt jobs with trump allies, again I know who you are and what you are.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
Note: Sex Ed has been in the classrooms for decades. People who think history should not be taught are crazy. People who try to ban books are crazy. People who hyperbolize events that rarely happen are intentionally trying to stir the pot or are dishonest or misinformed.
Typical leftist garbage

I said “don’t teach sex, gay sex or transsexualism in ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS.” You deflect and move the goalpost to wholly a different field in a wholly different city by talking of “sex education” generally.

I said the history of slavery and Jim Crow ARE taght in high school and college, and you deflect and claim people don’t want history taught generally.

You raise book banning out of the thin air, then complain about people who are “hyperbolizing” about rare events, which I guess you mean is you talking about book banning?

Reactions: Spartans9312
MTIOTF,

Neither you, nor me, nor (likely) any member of this forum was ever informed of events like the Tulsa race riots when we were in school. To the educators of the day, it just didn't exist. I was in elementary school in the late 60s and early 70s. Do you think we were ever informed about Jim Crow laws or MLK? I remember being sympathetic to George Wallace after he was shot in '72 and being told by my parents that he was a segregationist and no way should he win. We had never discussed that in school. Just like in HS my biology teacher skipped over evolution.

My Indiana public school education was pretty F*CKED UP.

An effort to tell a more complete picture of our history is a good thing.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
MTIOTF,

Neither you, nor me, nor (likely) any member of this forum was ever informed of events like the Tulsa race riots when we were in school. To the educators of the day, it just didn't exist. I was in elementary school in the late 60s and early 70s. Do you think we were ever informed about Jim Crow laws or MLK? I remember being sympathetic to George Wallace after he was shot in '72 and being told by my parents that he was a segregationist and no way should he win. We had never discussed that in school. Just like in HS my biology teacher skipped over evolution.

Somehow I learned about all of that except the Tulsa race riot in my southern Indiana public schools. That includes all the race stuff and evolution.

MTIOTF,

They didn’t teach MLK in the late 60’s for the same reason the Russia-Ukraine war isn’t a part of history curriculum today.

MTIOTF,

I went to school in Rockport - we had 1 stoplight. Lincoln grew about up 10 miles north, just south of Dale. It was integrated when we moved there in 1965. Went to 2nd, 3rd and 4th grade. Moved. Came back for 8th through 12. Graduated HS in 1976. Not sure I learned about Tulsa there, but I damn sure learned about Reconstruction, Jim Crow, Birmingham, Freedom Riders, Selma, MLK, and that George Wallace was a damn racist.

What sort of no-plumbing-allowed burg did you come from?

I went to school in Rockport - we had 1 stoplight. Lincoln grew about up 10 miles north, just south of Dale. It was integrated when we moved there in 1965. Went to 2nd, 3rd and 4th grade. Moved. Came back for 8th through 12. Graduated HS in 1976. Not sure I learned about Tulsa there, but I damn sure learned about Reconstruction, Jim Crow, Birmingham, Freedom Riders, Selma, MLK, and that George Wallace was a damn racist.

What sort of no-plumbing-allowed burg did you come from?
And I had sex ed in 7th Grade PE class. All boys in the class. VD and condoms were emphasized, … and we still wanted to touch boobies.

How about 1977-1980, my high school years?

Not a peep.
You're doing what all leftists do which is Monday morning quarterbacking history.

We study MLK for his legacy as a civil rights leader. Said legacy is not fully understood in the moment or the immediate aftermath. It’s developed over decades.

Grow up.

You're doing what all leftists do which is Monday morning quarterbacking history.

We study MLK for his legacy as a civil rights leader. Said legacy is not fully understood in the moment or the immediate aftermath. It’s developed over decades.

Grow up.
Tulsa Race riots had 50 years of seasoning by then and still weren't ripe enough to discuss. Rosa Parks sitting on the bus was 22 years past us, and never got a mention. You grow up.

MTIOTF,

The late 60's and early 70's were a long time ago. I was writing one page essays on MLK in 5th grade in my Indiana Elementary School. MLK was killed in 1968, thinking he was going to be a big topic in an elementary school civics assignment when he was still alive or had just been killed is a little off. For reference, how much time did you spend on the Kennedy assassination in elementary school?

All the things you are saying were covered in pretty good detail from the mid 80's to late 90's as I was completing my K-12 education in Indiana.

ETA: Other than Tulsa, but so what? That event has been turned on its head a bit as well and entered mythology status based on narrative (like it being highly likely that the first shots were fired by black residents and instead of the race riot it was it is now a "massacre"). When you have a certain time to cover topics, you aren't going to get everything. And frankly the Tulsa Race Riot isn't an event that warrants that much coverage when you are running a look at American History from Pre-explorers to Cold War and beyond.

Last edited:
Including the Tula race riots/ black wall street?
I added to my comment. No on that, but I think good reason why it was no because it really isn't something that ranks important enough to cover as opposed to things like Jim Crow, the Civil Rights movement, Dred Scott, Brown v Board of Education, Reconstruction, etc. (All of which were covered).

Reactions: Spartans9312
Seems highly unlikely. I know I learned this stuff in high school. Maybe you slept through history, but it was my favorite subject.

I'm pretty sure I know where Shooter is from. Based on my experience with that community, it doesn't surprise me at all.

I loved history, but the only pre-college class I ever had dedicated solely to US History was as a junior in high school. We had “social studies” (“Java has rubber trees, Switzerland has chocolate”), Civics/Government. History was 50 minutes a day, for 30 weeks (after deducting summer break, Spring Break, Christmas Break and the odd snowstorm now and then). My “year” of history was taught by one of the few folks in our whole county who publicly admitted being a Democrat. From Plymouth Rock to Vietnam was 365 years. How long did we discuss ANYTHING? Thomas Edison fans could bitch - but slavery and the Civil War and Jim Crow and the Civil Rights Movement got a huge chunk. And our history book had that picture Harvard stole too:

scourged_back_slave_promo.jpg

Bob Gibson, Bill Russell, and Jim Brown had a lot of pull among my people too.

And even our elementary school library had a copy of Uncle Tom’s Cabin, and the real farm where it took place was straight across the Ohio, between Hawesville and Owensboro.

But … we were the “Rebels” because we the high school for the southern half of our county, and our mascot was a fat Confederate soldier with a gun and Confederate flag.

“Dear Justice Sotomayor:

It has recently become public knowledge that you have expressed a political opinion during interviews for articles published in national magazines and newspapers, by expressing the fact that you “cried” when opinions of the Court were published taking positions with which you disagree. It is also known that you have spoken in favor of, and donated to, institutions which provide abortions and advice regarding same.

This is to demand that you recuse yourself in all future cases before the Court which will evaluate the Constitutional validity of state laws which either permit or restrict abortion in any of the United States.”

Good?

35% of all history teacher job requisitions are in African American history.

Exactly whose history is being papered over here when African American history is taught more than 20th century, 19th century and Early American history and all U.S. History combined?

The answer? American History. American History is being papered over and replaced with racially resentful crap.
I guess you agree with Project 2025.. here only one race history is being taught.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT