ADVERTISEMENT

Latest Trump/Biden poll from NH

cosmickid

Hall of Famer
Oct 23, 2009
This is juat a nod to all our friends who have been touting various polls which show Biden/Trump tied or even Trump ahead by a couple of points, which according to Trump is a massive lead. I really don't think polls are that accurate this far out in the first place, and at this point last year "polls" were showing all indications of a "red wave". We know how that turned out, and how many people on the board made themselves look pretty silly.

And since some of the usual suspects have apparently not learned from their mistakes and are still over estimating polls from Twitter pundits (who were embarrisingly wrong before), I wanted to briefly post this newest poll. Not only is Biden ahead by 12 points in a state in the midst of a GOP Primary, but he is at 52% above that magical 50% threshold...

Again that poll isn't particularly newsworthy and may even be an outlier, although I suspect not. But there was already significant news earlier this week which further extended a much more consequential set of developments that explains why polls were so wrong regarding the midterms. On Tues Special State Legislative district elections were held in both PA and (coincidentally enough) NH. While the Dem candidate won both elections, both continued the ongoing trend of Dems overperforming, which has been a regular occurrance basically since the Dobbs decision came down.

PA was an expected Dem win, it was to fill the seat of a Dem who retired in July from a seat in a distirct that has a +17 Dem lean. However the Dem candidate won by 31 pts, which means she overperformed by 13%. Since on average Dems are overperforming in special elections by 8 points more than they did in runups to 2020 when they swept the House,Senate and Presidency this PA election is significant.

And what happened in NH is what makes this newest CNN/UNH poll (released a couple of days after the Special election on Tues) very interesting. Unlike the PA race, the NH race was to fill a Pub seat in a district Trump won in both 2016 and 2020, which has an overall lean of +6. The Dem won by 12 points (the same lead Biden has in the poll) which means the Ds overperformed in a twice Trump distirict by 18 points on a Tues night in Sept in an off year.

Both GOP candidates were MAGA crazies. The woman in PA had actually been in DC for Jan 6, and the nutjob in NH is a "pastor" who among other conspiracy theories claimed Dems favored abortion to provide sacrifices to Molech. I suspect most of the GOP candidates in the races analyzed in the table below of all the Special Elections this year are also MAGA types, though I don't honestly know for sure.

But these races illustrate the difference between polls where you are asked who you WILL vote for a year or so in the future, compared to who you actually VOTED FOR at that point in time. This same pattern was on display in Special elections from last summer dating from the Dobbs decision, where pro-choice voters turned out in historical numbers and turned a Kansas attempt to block abortion on it's rear, and an Aug 2022 Special election in New York resulted in a pretty huge upset in a House race in a 2020 Trump district. All at a time when the "polls" were predicting a Red Tsunami...

Even the slim GOP majority in the current House is due to moderate Republicans who won seats in 2020 Biden districts primarily in CA and NY by visibly rejecting connections to Trump/MAGA. Which of course is the reason that not only will the disastrous GOP Impeachment of Biden be dead on arrival in the Senate, but why they might not even be able to actually have enough votes to formally pass articles of Impeachment, or to possibly even authroize an "official Inquiry" if Kevin actually brings it to a full House vote.

Incidentally, Trump's own DOJ issued an OLC directive which requires that a full House vote is necessary to launch a Legitimate Impeachment Inquiry. Which is still in place after Garland succeeded Barr, and will basically limit Comer/Jordan's powers to subpeona witnesses and documents until Kevin can rustle up enough votes to legitimize his "Inquiry"...

All of this is relevant because the presumption is that we are looking at a Biden/Trump rematch, and Chris Sununu is on record saying that Trump heading the GOP ticket will be a disaster for the party all down the ballot.Since all of these elections basically occurred while Trump was leading among GOP primary voters, it would be hard to dispute Sununu's assertion...And how about CS nailing the fact that Trump would be selling his mug shot on t-shirts within hours of it being taken... :cool:

Democrats are overperforming in special elections​

How the final vote-share margins in congressional and state legislative special elections in 2023 compare with the seats’ base partisanship, as of Sept. 20, 2023

DATESEATPARTISANSHIPVOTE MARGINMARGIN SWING
Jan. 10Virginia SD-07D+3D+2R+2
Jan. 10Virginia HD-24R+39R+25D+14
Jan. 10Virginia HD-35D+39D+35R+4
Jan. 31Georgia SD-11R+33R+53R+20
Jan. 31Georgia HD-119*R+50R+77R+26
Jan. 31Pennsylvania SD-27R+41R+37D+3
Feb. 7Pennsylvania HD-32D+21D+50D+29
Feb. 7Pennsylvania HD-34D+57D+76D+19
Feb. 7Pennsylvania HD-35D+13D+49D+37
Feb. 18Louisiana HD-93*D+73D+86D+13
Feb. 21Kentucky SD-19D+25D+54D+29
Feb. 21N.H. Strafford HD-08R+2D+11D+13
Feb. 21Virginia CD-04D+31D+49D+18
Feb. 28Connecticut HD-100D+27D+38D+11
Feb. 28Connecticut HD-148D+36D+22R+14
March 21Georgia HD-75*D+68D+77D+9
March 28Virginia SD-09D+48D+80D+32
April 4Wisconsin SD-08R+11R+2D+9
May 16N.H. Hillsborough HD-03D+23D+43D+20
May 16Pennsylvania HD-108R+37R+20D+17
May 16Pennsylvania HD-163D+19D+22D+3
June 13Maine HD-45R+12R+4D+7
July 18Wisconsin AD-24R+22R+7D+15
Aug. 3Tennessee HD-03R+67R+49D+18
Aug. 3Tennessee HD-52D+36D+56D+19
Aug. 22N.H. Grafton HD-16D+24D+44D+20
Sept. 12New York AD-27D+13D+11R+2
Sept. 14Tennessee HD-51D+39D+54D+15
Sept. 19Pennsylvania HD-21D+17D+31D+13
Sept. 19N.H. Rockingham HD-01R+6D+12D+18
AverageD+10D+21D+11
Here's a video from Ben Meiselas which goes into more depth...I personally think that at times Ben goes a little overboard on the "anti-Fascist" rhetoric. But in this video he specifically mentions Simon Rosenberg as basically the only analyst who was arguing against polls showing a "red wave" in 2022. Some may recall that I started a thread specifically about Rosenberg's analysis 2 or 3 days before the midterms...

Last edited:
Reactions: Ohio Guy
This is juat a nod to all our friends who have been touting various polls which show Biden/Trump tied or even Trump ahead by a couple of points, which according to Trump is a massive lead. I really don't think polls are that accurate this far out in the first place, and at this point last year "polls" were showing all indications of a "red wave". We know how that turned out, and how many people on the board made themselves look pretty silly.

And since some of the usual suspects have apparently not learned from their mistakes and are still over estimating polls from Twitter pundits (who were embarrisingly wrong before), I wanted to briefly post this newest poll. Not only is Biden ahead by 12 points in a state in the midst of a GOP Primary, but he is at 52% above that magical 50% threshold...

Again that poll isn't particularly newsworthy and may even be an outlier, although I suspect not. But there was already significant news earlier this week which further extended a much more consequential set of developments that explains why polls were so wrong regarding the midterms. On Tues Special State Legislative district elections were held in both PA and (coincidentally enough) NH. While the Dem candidate won both elections, both continued the ongoing trend of Dems overperforming, which has been a regular occurrance basically since the Dobbs decision came down.

PA was an expected Dem win, it was to fill the seat of a Dem who retired in July from a seat in a distirct that has a +17 Dem lean. However the Dem candidate won by 31 pts, which means she overperformed by 13%. Since on average Dems are overperforming in special elections by 8 points more than they did in runups to 2020 when they swept the House,Senate and Presidency this PA election is significant.

And what happened in NH is what makes this newest CNN/UNH poll (released a couple of days after the Special election on Tues) very interesting. Unlike the PA race, the NH race was to fill a Pub seat in a district Trump won in both 2016 and 2020, which has an overall lean of +6. The Dem won by 12 points (the same lead Biden has in the poll) which means the Ds overperformed in a twice Trump distirict by 18 points on a Tues night in Sept in an off year.

Both GOP candidates were MAGA crazies. The woman in PA had actually been in DC for Jan 6, and the nutjob in NH is a "pastor" who among other conspiracy theories claimed Dems favored abortion to provide sacrifices to Molech. I suspect most of the GOP candidates in the races analyzed in the table below of all the Special Elections this year are also MAGA types, though I don't honestly know for sure.

But these races illustrate the difference between polls where you are asked who you WILL vote for a year or so in the future, compared to who you actually VOTED FOR at that point in time. This same pattern was on display in Special elections from last summer dating from the Dobbs decision, where pro-choice voters turned out in historical numbers and turned a Kansas attempt to block abortion on it's rear, and an Aug 2022 Special election in New York resulted in a pretty huge upset in a House race in a 2020 Trump district. All at a time when the "polls" were predicting a Red Tsunami...

Even the slim GOP majority in the current House is due to moderate Republicans who won seats in 2020 Biden districts primarily in CA and NY by visibly rejecting connections to Trump/MAGA. Which of course is the reason that not only will the disastrous GOP Impeachment of Biden be dead on arrival in the Senate, but why they might not even be able to actually have enough votes to formally pass articles of Impeachment, or to possibly even authroize an "official Inquiry" if Kevin actually brings it to a full House vote.

Incidentally, Trump's own DOJ issued an OLC directive which requires that a full House vote is necessary to launch a Legitimate Impeachment Inquiry. Which is still in place after Garland succeeded Barr, and will basically limit Comer/Jordan's powers to subpeona witnesses and documents until Kevin can rustle up enough votes to legitimize his "Inquiry"...

All of this is relevant because the presumption is that we are looking at a Biden/Trump rematch, and Chris Sununu is on record saying that Trump heading the GOP ticket will be a disaster for the party all down the ballot.Since all of these elections basically occurred while Trump was leading among GOP primary voters, it would be hard to dispute Sununu's assertion...

Democrats are overperforming in special elections​

How the final vote-share margins in congressional and state legislative special elections in 2023 compare with the seats’ base partisanship, as of Sept. 20, 2023

DATESEATPARTISANSHIPVOTE MARGINMARGIN SWING
Jan. 10Virginia SD-07D+3D+2R+2
Jan. 10Virginia HD-24R+39R+25D+14
Jan. 10Virginia HD-35D+39D+35R+4
Jan. 31Georgia SD-11R+33R+53R+20
Jan. 31Georgia HD-119*R+50R+77R+26
Jan. 31Pennsylvania SD-27R+41R+37D+3
Feb. 7Pennsylvania HD-32D+21D+50D+29
Feb. 7Pennsylvania HD-34D+57D+76D+19
Feb. 7Pennsylvania HD-35D+13D+49D+37
Feb. 18Louisiana HD-93*D+73D+86D+13
Feb. 21Kentucky SD-19D+25D+54D+29
Feb. 21N.H. Strafford HD-08R+2D+11D+13
Feb. 21Virginia CD-04D+31D+49D+18
Feb. 28Connecticut HD-100D+27D+38D+11
Feb. 28Connecticut HD-148D+36D+22R+14
March 21Georgia HD-75*D+68D+77D+9
March 28Virginia SD-09D+48D+80D+32
April 4Wisconsin SD-08R+11R+2D+9
May 16N.H. Hillsborough HD-03D+23D+43D+20
May 16Pennsylvania HD-108R+37R+20D+17
May 16Pennsylvania HD-163D+19D+22D+3
June 13Maine HD-45R+12R+4D+7
July 18Wisconsin AD-24R+22R+7D+15
Aug. 3Tennessee HD-03R+67R+49D+18
Aug. 3Tennessee HD-52D+36D+56D+19
Aug. 22N.H. Grafton HD-16D+24D+44D+20
Sept. 12New York AD-27D+13D+11R+2
Sept. 14Tennessee HD-51D+39D+54D+15
Sept. 19Pennsylvania HD-21D+17D+31D+13
Sept. 19N.H. Rockingham HD-01R+6D+12D+18
AverageD+10D+21D+11
Here's a video from Ben Meiselas which goes into more depth...I personally think that at times Ben goes a little overboard on the "anti-Fascist" rhetoric. But in this video he specifically mentions Simon Rosenberg as basically the only analyst who was arguing against polls showing a "red wave" in 2022. Some may recall that I started a thread specifically about Rosenberg's analysis 2 or 3 days before the midterms...

Yawn. Just two crooked old men who are god awful politicians. We would be better off saying the next winner of Powerball as a condition precedent to receiving same has to serve four years as president

At the end of the day sensible folks on both sides of the aisle wish to avoid living in a totalitarian state- only one candidate is dumb enough to show it’s his wet dream.

Recent trip to Atlanta, gas was cheaper the farther south I went. Blame Indiana for more expensive gas prices. People can't blame the President for state taxes on gas.
It's not taxes. Actually, I think it's because southern states are closer to the source - refineries. Indiana gets most of their's from the Whiting and CountryMark refineries.

A few years ago when there was a gas shortage because of refinery fire and problems, there was a station in Charlotte close to us that had all the gas they needed because they got theirs from some smaller pipeline that came from a smaller refinery. Really odd to see that station have cars lined up when the major stations didn't have gas.

Most certainly Biden carries most of the overall rise in gas prices due to his war on fossil fuels.

Okay...WTAF?

“Now the family tree goes like this,” the man on the tape extolled confidently. “John John and…Trump are cousins. And Trump’s uncle is JFK Sr., and Joe Kennedy, who is also not dead…. And Trump’s father is General George Patton, and his brother is Mussolini…”

It's not taxes. Actually, I think it's because southern states are closer to the source - refineries. Indiana gets most of their's from the Whiting and CountryMark refineries.

A few years ago when there was a gas shortage because of refinery fire and problems, there was a station in Charlotte close to us that had all the gas they needed because they got theirs from some smaller pipeline that came from a smaller refinery. Really odd to see that station have cars lined up when the major stations didn't have gas.

Most certainly Biden carries most of the overall rise in gas prices due to his war on fossil fuels.
Taxes certainly play a role, and it reflects the differences I saw as I traveled south.

Yeah, I'm not fan of the DNC reluctance to produce more of our own oil, but it's not a wedge issue for me.

Utter nonsense. Prices are based on costs and supply and demand. They are not based on rhetoric or feels. Any war on fossil fuels, real or imagined, doesn't matter.
I read his attacks early on impacted investors and impacted a price increase. As certain as floor was that they would go up with the Dems in charge mark my words they will start to fall before the election

Utter nonsense. Prices are based on costs and supply and demand. They are not based on rhetoric or feels. Any war on fossil fuels, real or imagined, doesn't matter.
You really have no idea what you're talking about. I get my information from my cousin who works in the oil industry - he sells oil to convenience stores.

By the way, supply and demand my ass. I drove through Kentucky today and gas was anywhere from $3.59 to $3.08, where I stopped and filled up.

Taxes certainly play a role, and it reflects the differences I saw as I traveled south.

Yeah, I'm not fan of the DNC reluctance to produce more of our own oil, but it's not a wedge issue for me.
Please explain the $.80 difference in a gallon of gas between Indiana and Kentucky, because Indiana does not have an 80 cent higher tax on a gallon of gas.

Please explain the $.80 difference in a gallon of gas between Indiana and Kentucky, because Indiana does not have an 80 cent higher tax on a gallon of gas.
You said taxes don't play a roll. They do.
According to AAA, there is a $.40 difference right now, not $.80.

Transportation costs play a role, but you're telling me Indiana gets their gas from Whiting. I'll take your word for it, as it does make sense.

Here you go, ChatGPT to start your morning:

1. Taxes: Each state has its own set of taxes on gasoline, which can significantly impact the price at the pump. Some states have higher gas taxes, while others have lower or no gas taxes at all. These taxes can be both state-specific and include federal taxes, which are the same across the country.
  2. Transportation Costs: The cost of transporting gasoline to different regions can vary. States that are farther away from major refineries or distribution centers may incur higher transportation costs, which can lead to higher gas prices.
  3. Supply and Demand: Local supply and demand for gasoline can affect prices. Areas with higher demand or limited supply can experience higher prices. For example, tourist destinations or regions with heavy commuter traffic may have higher prices.
  4. Regional Regulations: Some states have stricter environmental regulations that require special gasoline formulations, which can be more expensive to produce. This can affect the price of gasoline in those states.
  5. Competition: The level of competition among gas stations in a particular area can influence prices. Areas with more gas stations may have lower prices due to increased competition, while areas with fewer stations may have higher prices.
  6. Economic Conditions: Economic factors such as income levels, employment rates, and overall economic health can also influence gas prices. Wealthier areas may be able to sustain higher prices, while lower-income areas may see more price sensitivity.
  7. Geopolitical Factors: Global events and geopolitical tensions can impact the price of oil, which in turn affects gas prices. Oil is a globally traded commodity, and disruptions in supply can lead to price fluctuations.
  8. Weather and Seasonal Factors: Seasonal changes in weather can impact gas prices. For example, during the summer months, gas prices often rise due to increased demand for travel.
  9. State Regulations and Fees: Some states have additional fees or regulations related to gasoline, which can increase costs for suppliers and, consequently, prices for consumers.
  10. Local Market Conditions: Local market conditions and competitive forces can also influence prices. In some cases, gas prices may be set by local agreements or influenced by the decisions of major gasoline retailers.

US oil production is booming right now and we are currently the most energy independent we've ever been. Cost more to make shit here but US oil workers are working at a record clip. So you take the good with the bad.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and Bloom.
I read his attacks early on impacted investors and impacted a price increase. As certain as floor was that they would go up with the Dems in charge mark my words they will start to fall before the election
Investors like price increases.

Biden said some shit to get votes from the left. What he has actually done is very different. Oil execs knew this and are fine with the Biden administration. More than fine actually.

Reactions: UncleMark
Investors like price increases.

Biden said some shit to get votes from the left. What he has actually done is very different. Oil execs knew this and are fine with the Biden administration. More than fine actually.
Lol that’s great to hear. I do want the families of oil execs to be more than fine. Somehow I suspect they always are. The rest of us aren’t. We’re paying double since trump was in office, which is to say nothing about the price of cars.

Some of you still supporting Biden are dumber than the trump crew. Cutting your noses off to spite your faces

• Love
Reactions: DANC
You said taxes don't play a roll. They do.
According to AAA, there is a $.40 difference right now, not $.80.

Transportation costs play a role, but you're telling me Indiana gets their gas from Whiting. I'll take your word for it, as it does make sense.

Here you go, ChatGPT to start your morning:
Well, I can believe the AAA or I can believe my own eyes. But you never leave Carmel, so how would you know?

I don't believe I said taxes play no role (not 'roll'). I think I said they aren't the main reason for the difference, and I'm right, just based on actual tax rates, as I pointed out.

US oil production is booming right now and we are currently the most energy independent we've ever been. Cost more to make shit here but US oil workers are working at a record clip. So you take the good with the bad.
That's bullshit. We aren't producing near what we could and we're selling more on the world market because of the Ukraine war.

Well, I can believe the AAA or I can believe my own eyes. But you never leave Carmel, so how would you know?
AAA has more data than you do, but good for you if you found gas in Kentucky at $3.08 per gallon.

As for me leaving Carmel...almost daily, and in that I go on a fall trip of college basketball practices, I feel like that travel a decent amount between work, basketball and vacation.

I don't believe I said taxes play no role (not 'roll'). I think I said they aren't the main reason for the difference, and I'm right, just based on actual tax rates, as I pointed out.
OK...

It's not taxes.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
AAA has more data than you do, but good for you if you found gas in Kentucky at $3.08 per gallon.

As for me leaving Carmel...almost daily, and in that I go on a fall trip of college basketball practices, I feel like that travel a decent amount between work, basketball and vacation.

OK...
Should have said 'not ALL taxes', but if you want to take the W for that, have at it.

And by the way, it wasn't the only gas station selling gas at that price. But you go by what AAA says, because they know each individual station, which is what the actual prices is.

You don't believe averages are good measure, remember?

Should have said 'not ALL taxes', but if you want to take the W for that, have at it.

And by the way, it wasn't the only gas station selling gas at that price. But you go by what AAA says, because they know each individual station, which is what the actual prices is.
AAA gets reports from individuals at gas stations, just as Gas Buddy does.

According to Gas Buddy there is only a $.30 difference in gas prices.

A quick view of their map does show cheaper gas prices.

I guess we have nothing else to blame other than our GOP super majority for state government, not willing to fight big oil to help consumers.
You don't believe averages are good measure, remember?
I said median is the better measure.

A quick view of their map does show cheaper gas prices.

I said median is the better measure.
So why are you sticking to your AAA argument?

Just take the W I gave you and go away.

Lol that’s great to hear. I do want the families of oil execs to be more than fine. Somehow I suspect they always are. The rest of us aren’t. We’re paying double since trump was in office, which is to say nothing about the price of cars.

Some of you still supporting Biden are dumber than the trump crew. Cutting your noses off to spite your faces
I'm only contradicting your incorrect theory on gas prices. Has nothing to do with sound bites Biden made early in his presidency.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and UncleMark
I'm only contradicting your incorrect theory on gas prices. Has nothing to do with sound bites Biden made early in his presidency.
and once again you would be wrong. it had everything to do with sound bites from biden as it impacted investors at the time. that may have stabilized but at the time his words, like everything he does, had a deleterious impact on gas prices. today wars, and greed from big oil, and all the rest. but why would investors want to put money in would biden was declaring war on their industry. despite 50 years in gov biden still doesn't understand words matter

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: mrhighlife and DANC
Well you've mentioned Indiana's prices vs 2 states (NC and KY) that have Democrat Governors. Makes about as much sense as blaming Biden for the difference...

Btw, I now live in Bloomfield and the Gas price at the Linton Walmart is consistently 20 cents or more less expensive than Walmart in Bloomington. And there are 3 gas stations in Bloomfield and all 3 of them are usually a few cents more than Bloomington...

So how does that compute?

This is completely wrong. It’s 100% state taxes and other fees levied onto fuel to raise revenue.

Bloomington must assess twenty or thirty cents more fees than Bedford.
I was being hyperbolic when I said 100%. Most of the variability is from taxes. There are other variances caused by distribution / logistics costs and then there is just market pricing factors.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT