ADVERTISEMENT

Latest Trump/Biden poll from NH

Not me. We can point to the policies of Dem politicians that interfered. From lockdowns to inflation. Some of us are just able to look at things objectively. Biden is a disaster. But presidents do make a difference. Obama imo pulled us out of a deep hole and did a great job. Trump kept it going more or less. Biden wanted to be transformative. Local Dems were overreaching shutting down businesses. And yes sometimes administrations get lucky when the private sector comes up with new stuff. iPos. .coms. But sometimes gov just needs to get out of the way
Regardless of the validity of any particular complaints, the whole thing just rings kind of hollow after years of listening to you guys (I mean very generally and broadly, which may include you personally to a lesser or greater extent as you see fit) talk about the central importance of individualism. According to the right, racism can't be systemic, sexism can't be systemic, anti-migrant discrimination can't be systemic, all of these things are just failures of individuals to be the best version of themselves they can be, but the minute you feel something might be hurting your pocketbook as a red-blooded American patriot, that's the damn gubmint! It's like the only people who are actually capable of suffering under the oppressive thumb of an uncaring society in your minds are members of the Chamber of Commerce.

Like I said, I'm not really saying anything about the merits here. I'm just pointing out that there's a reason that this whole "Biden is so godawful" refrain you guys got going on naturally elicits some eyerolls.

Like I said, I'm not really saying anything about the merits here. I'm just pointing out that there's a reason that this whole "Biden is so godawful" refrain you guys got going on naturally elicits some eyerolls.
It’s a basic difference. A Dem gets in and vows to be transformative. Most of us conservatives just want the gov to stay away. Reagan’s scariest words quote. We see it constantly. Stuffshot for example. “Well what legislation do you want.” Minimal. To be left alone to the extent practical.

Reactions: DANC and dr.jb
Regardless of the validity of any particular complaints, the whole thing just rings kind of hollow after years of listening to you guys (I mean very generally and broadly, which may include you personally to a lesser or greater extent as you see fit) talk about the central importance of individualism. According to the right, racism can't be systemic, sexism can't be systemic, anti-migrant discrimination can't be systemic, all of these things are just failures of individuals to be the best version of themselves they can be, but the minute you feel something might be hurting your pocketbook as a red-blooded American patriot, that's the damn gubmint! It's like the only people who are actually capable of suffering under the oppressive thumb of an uncaring society in your minds are members of the Chamber of Commerce.

Dude, we don’t get to tell the Fed to stand down. Are you serious right now?

Reactions: DANC
It’s a basic difference. A Dem gets in and vows to be transformative. Most of us conservatives just want the gov to stay away. Reagan’s scariest words quote. We see it constantly. Stuffshot for example. “Well what legislation do you want.” Minimal. To be left alone to the extent practical.
But that's not what you get.

What you're really saying is you don't want government extracting more money from you. The rest you don't care about.

What you're really saying is you don't want government extracting more money from you. The rest you don't care about.
I do not want gov extracting more money from me, shutting down my business, or closing my kid’s school. What other stuff? Race baiting? No I don’t support that.

Murt my complaints to your complaints is there's absolutely no chance that the right will actually do anything to 'fix' things. Zero. Nada.

Today's pubs don't offer anything, they just bitch about everything (regardless of legitimacy).

It's all hot air, bellyaching and fear mongering over the past decade. Just talk, talk, talk, talk and more talk.

When hit with real issues....they collapse under their own incompetence and spend most of their energy trying to blame others instead of actually fixing things.

I mean the pubs are currently on the verge of completely shutting the government down because, well they are utterly incompetent and incapable of actually governing. Yet another example of the pubs being incapable of actually getting anything accomplished when it's required.

That's just talking about basic governing competency.

No one has even mentioned the batshit crazy ramblings of Trump calling for the death penalty of Milley and for vowing to destroy all opposition media over the past two days.

That's your widely leading candidate just spewing the most batshit loony violent rhetoric.

Today's pubs led by Trump and his Clowns (the so called 'freedom' caucus) aren't serious people and not to be taken seriously right now, much less given more power and responsibility.

A great example of Maga clownism is infrastructure. They can't pass it, they vote against it but yet they campaign on and take credit for it.

Infrastructure....nada. Healthcare reform...nope. Inflation reduction act....nope. Prescription caps.....nope. Debt limit...nope, let the economy crash. Child poverty act.....fvck the kids.

Hell Tuberville has frozen all military promotions over a year now because (checking notes) ahhh the military is woke (Jesus f Christ).

Look, we all know what's going on. They have the confidence that they can either cause as much damage as possible and blame Dems as much as they can easily take credit for anything that works.

Governing isn't the competency, it's managing the narrative.

That shift (okay it was always there but now it's beyond clownish) is probably going to be Trump's core legacy.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and BCCHoosier
Murt my complaints to your complaints is there's absolutely no chance that the right will actually do anything to 'fix' things. Zero. Nada.

Today's pubs don't offer anything, they just bitch about everything (regardless of legitimacy).

It's all hot air, bellyaching and fear mongering over the past decade. Just talk, talk, talk, talk and more talk.

When hit with real issues....they collapse under their own incompetence and spend most of their energy trying to blame others instead of actually fixing things.

I mean the pubs are currently on the verge of completely shutting the government down because, well they are utterly incompetent and incapable of actually governing. Yet another example of the pubs being incapable of actually getting anything accomplished when it's required.

No one has even mentioned the batshit crazy ramblings of Trump calling for the death penalty of Milley and for vowing to destroy all opposition media over the past two days.

That's your widely leading candidate just spewing the most batshit loony violent rhetoric.

Today's pubs led by Trump and his Clowns (the so called 'freedom' caucus) aren't serious people and not to be taken seriously right now, much less given more power and responsibility.

A great example of Maga clownism is infrastructure. They can't pass it, they vote against it but yet they campaign on and take credit for it.

Infrastructure....nada. Healthcare reform...nope. Inflation reduction act....nope. Prescription caps.....nope. Debt limit...nope, let the economy crash. Child poverty act.....fvck the kids.

Hell Tuberville has frozen all military promotions over a year now because (checking notes) ahhh the military is woke (Jesus f Christ).

Look, we all know what's going on. They have the confidence that they can either cause as much damage as possible and blame Dems as much as they can easily take credit for anything that works.

That shift (okay it was always there but now it's beyond clownish) is probably going to be Trump's core legacy.
What has improved under Biden? Cost of living? Immigration? Crime? Cities? Our divided country? Nothing. There is no reason to support Biden at this point. Zip. He’s only made the lives of Americans worse. And you think 85 year old Biden and Fetterman and that crew have answers. Please. If you don’t like trump don’t vote for him. I get it. But Biden doesn’t deserve anyone’s support at this point.

And gov isn’t here to “fix” our lives. It’s to get out of the way and fix the potholes and be prepared for pandemics and shit. Our gov is really really bad

Reactions: DANC and dr.jb
You just proved what I said - you don't count the average as being representative of 'real life' - you think the median is better.

Thanks!
I've never seen you struggle this bad. Even a frosh in college can understand the differences in using mean and median when applying them to gas versus net worth.

Are you off your meds or having some type of electrolyte issue?

This is fair. The GOP is just as likely to spend taxpayer money at this point as is any Democrat. I prefer GOP spending - if I have to have it - because it’s generally for expenditures that I perceive to be more useful (eg military, not shit-canning fossil fuels without a real alternative, etc) though I very much would prefer all spending to slow down.

Last edited:
LOL - when it comes to individual wealth...no. When it comes to businesses that operate on a station by station basis...yes.

Stupid it is.
Oh, so your argument changes when it doesn't fit your narrative.

Got it.

"According to the right, racism can't be systemic, sexism can't be systemic, anti-migrant discrimination can't be systemic, all of these things are just failures of individuals to be the best version of themselves"

According to the Left, EVERYTHING is systemic and no individual is responsible.

Show me some examples of the systemic issues you're talking about. Please be specific.

This is fair. The GOP is just ask likely to spend taxpayer money at this point as is any Democrat. I prefer GOP spending - if I have to have it - because it’s generally for expenditures that I perceive to be more useful (eg military, not shit-canning fossil fuels without a real alternative, etc) though I very much would prefer all spending to slow down.
It was noted on somewhere on here that oil production in the US is at an all-time high. That bares itself out. 13.1M barrels per day.

...compared to OPEC producing 34M barrels per day.

"According to the right, racism can't be systemic, sexism can't be systemic, anti-migrant discrimination can't be systemic, all of these things are just failures of individuals to be the best version of themselves"

According to the Left, EVERYTHING is systemic and no individual is responsible.

Show me some examples of the systemic issues you're talking about. Please be specific.
Thanks for proving my point, I guess.

• Haha

They don't fix things and Democrats break things. Both are bad options but I would prefer we stop breaking things first.

It was noted on somewhere on here that oil production in the US is at an all-time high. That bares itself out. 13.1M barrels per day.

Joe's big mouth helped him get into that situation. We used to have a (distasteful) partner that would step in and help us when things like Russian oil becoming less available after the attack on Ukraine would happen. Instead we shit talked that distasteful strategic partner and have spent time kissing the ass of the hostile regional competitor to them and us. Both of those things sent our relatively strong partner to other pastures that are less beneficial to the US.

Biden's foreign policy has been a mess. This is one area where he does have an influence on some of the economic activity and he was an absolute failure at working that lever.

He hasn't done anything well which is why no time is spent defending his record. The only thing he has had is that he isn't that other guy...and I don't know how well that holds up on the current trajectory. We all may be feeling a little more of a pinch but those increased expenses are much more oppressive on the majority of the country (who aren't college educated and bringing in great salaries.) Yeah $15/hour jobs sound great but with inflation they are equivalent to a $12.78/hour job in January of 2021. (For @UncleMark check my work here.) Is that all Biden's fault? No. However, he has been making decisions that exacerbated that problem. I would not be surprised if Trump gets elected again if we do a 2020 rematch.

• Love

And compared to how democrats talk about fossil fuels…

And compared to how democrats talk about fossil fuels…
Actions are more important. I see nothing wrong with steering the country toward renewable energy sources, especially in areas where they would used everyday, like cars.

If it takes as much fossil fuel energy to produce the electricity as it does to produce gasoline requisite to power cars, we gain by EV's not producing nearly as much toxic waste.

Actions are more important. I see nothing wrong with steering the country toward renewable energy sources, especially in areas where they would used everyday, like cars.

If it takes as much fossil fuel energy to produce the electricity as it does to produce gasoline requisite to power cars, we gain by EV's not producing nearly as much toxic waste.
Completely agree. But climate religion in the progressive wing means we don’t get to nuclear fast enough nor do we get real plans and solutions. We get people gluing themselves to roads and we get talked at by AOC.

Does anyone on this board read The Week? It’s a pretty comprehensive review of World and US events and politics- I think many could be benefited by its content. And it can be read in 60 minutes per week.

Does anyone on this board read The Week? It’s a pretty comprehensive review of World and US events and politics- I think many could be benefited by its content. And it can be read in 60 minutes per week.
60 minutes per week of reading? For you, that's a lot.

Are you sure it's not taking you away from your Weekly Reader too much?

They're two entirely different subjects. Gas prices don't tend to vary much in terms costs to consumers across the board. Individual wealth does.
I've given you examples where, on a percentage basis, gas prices vary widely region to region.

If you want to ignore it, that's on you.

I'm only contradicting your incorrect theory on gas prices. Has nothing to do with sound bites Biden made early in his presidency.
Some people are stubborn about pre conceived notions...
I couldn't believe how high gas was in Indiana in general - Bloomington in particular.

Filled up in Kentucky for $3.08 (3 cent lower due to my Kroger card), got back to Charlotte and it's $3.29 down the street.

That ain't just taxes.
Again, this has nothing to do with Biden (or any POTUS). I have family in Franklin KY and Portland, TN so I've travelled thru KY for over 60 yrs. Gas has always been cheaper in KY than IN, and I can even recall my family in TN crossing the state line to buy gas (and other things) in KY because it was generally cheaper.

I don't know why it is, I just know it's always been that way in my lifetime...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT