ADVERTISEMENT

Latest Trump/Biden poll from NH

I was being hyperbolic when I said 100%. Most of the variability is from taxes. There are other variances caused by distribution / logistics costs and then there is just market pricing factors.

Bloomington is always higher than most everybody around. I carry a Marathon fleet card, so that's where I look for gas. In Bton, today they're all at $3.89. In Bedford, it's $3.59 (and there are several stations substantially cheaper down there). That's a little wider spread than usual, but it's not uncommon at all.

Well you've mentioned Indiana's prices vs 2 states (NC and KY) that have Democrat Governors. Makes about as much sense as blaming Biden for the difference...

Btw, I now live in Bloomfield and the Gas price at the Linton Walmart is consistently 20 cents or more less expensive than Walmart in Bloomington. And there are 3 gas stations in Bloomfield and all 3 of them are usually a few cents more than Bloomington...

So how does that compute?
As I explained, different stations get their gas from different refineries.

As was explained to me by someone that knows, there are price leaders in every area. In Kokomo, for example, there is a Speedway that, more or less, sets the price for other stations in town. They physically go this store to see what they're charging and adjust their prices accordingly. But they all get their gas from one refinery, which blends according to specs from the oil companies (Marathon, Shell, etc). Your local mini-mart could be getting gas from Marathon.

So, there are differences in Indiana, due to whatever the price leader determines, but not 80 cent differences. That is more from what refinery it's coming from. Kentucky and Indiana don't get their gas from the same refineries.

Bloomington is always higher than most everybody around. I carry a Marathon fleet card, so that's where I look for gas. In Bton, today they're all at $3.89. In Bedford, it's $3.59 (and there are several stations substantially cheaper down there). That's a little wider spread than usual, but it's not uncommon at all.
I couldn't believe how high gas was in Indiana in general - Bloomington in particular.

Filled up in Kentucky for $3.08 (3 cent lower due to my Kroger card), got back to Charlotte and it's $3.29 down the street.

That ain't just taxes.

Jesus christ. The article shared that showed the differences in tax say it all. But you do you.

The country is larger than KY and IN.
Those are examples - things I know for a fact. I don't go believe media or company propaganda like you do.

I couldn't believe how high gas was in Indiana in general - Bloomington in particular.

Filled up in Kentucky for $3.08 (3 cent lower due to my Kroger card), got back to Charlotte and it's $3.29 down the street.

That ain't just taxes.
Of the 21c difference from KY to NC, the majority of that is taxes as has been clearly demonstrated. This is another of your nonsense ramblings.

Of the 21c difference from KY to NC, the majority of that is taxes as has been clearly demonstrated. This is another of your nonsense ramblings.

I was talking about between Kentucky and Indiana, but you're the expert on how the oil and gas industry works, and associated pricing.

I also said southern states are less expensive due to their pipelines being more direct to the gulf.

But you're the expert on every subject.

Did you read your own link? The first column is gas tax.

Explain how an 8 cent difference in tax accounts for 80 cent difference in price at the pump.

Indiana$0.32 / gallon$0.53 / gallonVaries by ClassVaries by Class
IowaBetween $0.24 - 0.305 / gallonBetween $0.304 -0.325/ gallon$0.08 / gallon$0.05 / gallon
Kansas$0.240 / gallon$0.260 / gallonNo Fuel TaxNo Fuel Tax
Kentucky$0.246 / gallon$0.216 / gallonNo Fuel TaxNo Fuel Tax

Did you read your own link? The first column is gas tax.

Explain how an 8 cent difference in tax accounts for 80 cent difference in price at the pump.

Indiana$0.32 / gallon$0.53 / gallonVaries by ClassVaries by Class
IowaBetween $0.24 - 0.305 / gallonBetween $0.304 -0.325/ gallon$0.08 / gallon$0.05 / gallon
Kansas$0.240 / gallon$0.260 / gallonNo Fuel TaxNo Fuel Tax
Kentucky$0.246 / gallon$0.216 / gallonNo Fuel TaxNo Fuel Tax
What? I’m talking about the 21c difference in your example between NC and KY. The tax difference is 14c. Then a variety of factors come in - including market pricing.

Just telling you what I read and linked it, then linked Gas Buddy's show of averages. I'm not sticking to it, just reporting what I read.

Maybe you missed this part...
But you said averages were a bad measure. Why would you use it if you think it's bad?

I didn't miss anything.

What? I’m talking about the 21c difference in your example between NC and KY. The tax difference is 14c. Then a variety of factors come in - including market pricing.
I was talking earlier about the difference of prices in Indiana vs Kentucky.

I threw in Charlotte to show how much cheaper they are here in Indiana. And it's not taxes that make the difference.

Well you've mentioned Indiana's prices vs 2 states (NC and KY) that have Democrat Governors. Makes about as much sense as blaming Biden for the difference...

Btw, I now live in Bloomfield and the Gas price at the Linton Walmart is consistently 20 cents or more less expensive than Walmart in Bloomington. And there are 3 gas stations in Bloomfield and all 3 of them are usually a few cents more than Bloomington...

So how does that compute?
Indiana has a Republicrat Governor who spoke at the WEF..

Compute that...

• Haha
Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge
I was talking earlier about the difference of prices in Indiana vs Kentucky.

I threw in Charlotte to show how much cheaper they are here in Indiana. And it's not taxes that make the difference.
Correct. Taxes are the baseline difference in prices and then other factors like costs and market pricing kick in.

I live in PA and we’re consistently amongst the highest - and it’s DUE TO TAXES.

Correct. Taxes are the baseline difference in prices and then other factors like costs and market pricing kick in.

I live in PA and we’re consistently amongst the highest - and it’s DUE TO TAXES.
No, it's not, but continue on with yourself.

But you said averages were a bad measure. Why would you use it if you think it's bad?

I didn't miss anything.
Here's what I said...

Median is definitely the much better comparison, as it reflects real life, as well as the disparity of wealth.

...and it's not the same discussion when talking about gas prices. You're either being difficult or stupid.

Reactions: BCCHoosier
Here's what I said...

...and it's not the same discussion when talking about gas prices. You're either being difficult or stupid.
You just proved what I said - you don't count the average as being representative of 'real life' - you think the median is better.

Thanks!

Where did he say he was voting for Trump?

Ask Rogan his thoughts on women's rights to choose, gay marriage, drug legalization, healthcare, education.... he is voting for Bernie and RFK Jr and has said so multiple times.
End of video. Trump over Biden. But if you watch the video he liked trumps policies and economy before covid hit and knows nobody forgets that. Unless you follow the msm bs and hate him just to hate him. Attitude aside, he got shit done.

Reactions: DANC
End of video. Trump over Biden. But if you watch the video he liked trumps policies and economy before covid hit and knows nobody forgets that. Unless you follow the msm bs and hate him just to hate him. Attitude aside, he got shit done.
I listen to almost every one of his podcast and have since he started. Actually even before, when he was on Opie and Anthony and Politically Incorrect. He is a liberal that doesn't like Biden. That's it.

Lol that’s great to hear. I do want the families of oil execs to be more than fine. Somehow I suspect they always are. The rest of us aren’t. We’re paying double since trump was in office, which is to say nothing about the price of cars.

Some of you still supporting Biden are dumber than the trump crew. Cutting your noses off to spite your faces
I’ll pay an extra $200/month in gas to maintain a democracy (at least a representative republic)- I feel for those who can’t make the same choice. I also feel for younger folks such as yourself who don’t realize social security is not guaranteed

• Haha
I’ll pay an extra $200/month in gas to maintain a democracy (at least a representative republic)- I feel for those who can’t make the same choice. I also feel for younger folks such as yourself who don’t realize social security is not guaranteed
maintain a democracy? the systems in place held up perfectly. 61-0 with four games left to play. "who don't realize social security is not guaranteed." i know everything there is to know about social security. i believe in it. but my heart also goes out to those who are relying on it. i feel sorry for those who vote for joe biden. he's making life a hell of a lot harder for those who rely on social security. colas are not keeping up with inflation as spending power is down the shitter. and god help anyone waiting on social security disability

don't vote for joe biden. our lives will get better

maintain a democracy? the systems in place held up perfectly. 61-0 with four games left to play. "who don't realize social security is not guaranteed." i know everything there is to know about social security. i believe in it. but my heart also goes out to those who are relying on it. i feel sorry for those who vote for joe biden. he's making life a hell of a lot harder for those who rely on social security. colas are not keeping up with inflation as spending power is down the shitter. and god help anyone waiting on social security disability

don't vote for joe biden. our lives will get better
Will they? I honestly am not sure I can think of one definite change to my life caused by either the 2016 or 2020 presidential election. Everything has just kept chugging along for me as it already was, moving in the same direction it was already going.

I listen to almost every one of his podcast and have since he started. Actually even before, when he was on Opie and Anthony and Politically Incorrect. He is a liberal that doesn't like Biden. That's it.
But liked trumps policies and economy. All good. I'm not not gonna start ww3 again I just miss where we were before covid.

Then again all these brown shirts (antifa) started showing up. Weird shit. We're in for a fight coming up. Some of these border crossing peeps??? Next time around it's gonna be worse. Jus sayin..

Will they? I honestly am not sure I can think of one definite change to my life caused by either the 2016 or 2020 presidential election. Everything has just kept chugging along for me as it already was, moving in the same direction it was already going.
And where was that?

• Haha
I do a lot of panel level volunteer work and I’ve never seen it like this in my life. Just a massive gap. People are really really desperate and struggling. And others are just flush. Loaded

I do a lot of panel level volunteer work and I’ve never seen it like this in my life. Just a massive gap. People are really really desperate and struggling. And others are just flush. Loaded

Oh, knock it off. Now you're just being stupid. Do you not remember 2009? Today, anyone who wants a job can get one, with an effective minimum wage of $15/hr. Fvck you and your Starbucks and new cars and McMansions and crab legs.

Oh, knock it off. Now you're just being stupid. Do you not remember 2009? Today, anyone who wants a job can get one, with an effective minimum wage of $15/hr. Fvck you and your Starbucks and new cars and McMansions and crab legs.
me. trust me you're the dumb ass. holding on to your moronic anyone can get a job bullshit. backing biden. the guy is a dogshit president. times have gotten way harder the last four years. who gives a **** about that job you keep noting that doesn't have an ounce of buying power. if you are stuck in the hood there's no safe trailer park outside of bloomington to go to. get out of your tiny bubble. did you not read where i wrote VOLUNTEER. or that there is a GAP. your stupid ass is so beholden to D that you can't see the forest for the trees. college tuition. the price of a starter home. gas. everything is more expensive under that fing idiot. a car! to get to work. YOU are responsible for htis shit. now turn on your idiots rachel and psaki and stick your head farther up your ass.

me. trust me you're the dumb ass. holding on to your moronic anyone can get a job bullshit. backing biden. the guy is a dogshit president. times have gotten way harder the last four years. who gives a **** about that job you keep noting that doesn't have an ounce of buying power. if you are stuck in the hood there's no safe trailer park outside of bloomington to go to. get out of your tiny bubble. did you not read where i wrote VOLUNTEER. or that there is a GAP. your stupid ass is so beholden to D that you can't see the forest for the trees. college tuition. the price of a starter home. gas. everything is more expensive under that fing idiot. a car! to get to work. YOU are responsible for htis shit. now turn on your idiots rachel and psaki and stick your head farther up your ass.

LOL. You sound upset. Maybe switch to decaf Starbucks?

• Haha
LOL. You sound upset. Maybe switch to decaf Starbucks?
nah i'm good. i am going to get you to realize biden is awful tho and to drop that everyone who wants a job can get one panacea notion you have. the drive to get rid of trump needs to now happen for biden

And that's government's job to fix, just to be clear?
it's gov's job to get out of the way. much of this was created by gov. inflation. gov reliance. how the pandemic was handled. our response to same. and i don't just mean the fed gov. local as well. less gov imo would have left us in a much better position today. the difference between today and 2019 is marked. as a totem it's in that used car article. biden was chief in charge. he shares in the blame. and he's sure as shit incapable of doing anything to ameliorate our condition as an 80 plus year old president who wasn't impressive to begin wth.

i don't understand the allegiance some have to party. some politicians are just shit. on both sides. you can be a dem and recognize biden is horrible. we need a different dem. i won't vote for this guy blah blah blah

it's gov's job to get out of the way. much of this was created by gov. inflation. gov reliance. how the pandemic was handled. our response to same. and i don't just mean the fed gov. local as well. less gov imo would have left us in a much better position today. the difference between today and 2019 is marked. as a totem it's in that used car article. biden was chief in charge. he shares in the blame. and he's sure as shit incapable of doing anything to ameliorate our condition as an 80 plus year old president who wasn't impressive to begin wth.

i don't understand the allegiance some have to party. some politicians are just shit. on both sides. you can be a dem and recognize biden is horrible. we need a different dem. i won't vote for this guy blah blah blah
I'm just remembering one of the things Rock used to always accuse Republicans of on this forum: when your guy is in the White House, presidents don't matter, but when our guy is, they are the only thing that does.

When Trump was in office, someone's economic hardship was their own damn fault, but with Biden in there, the government is to blame. That's what you guys sound like.

I'm just remembering one of the things Rock used to always accuse Republicans of on this forum: when your guy is in the White House, presidents don't matter, but when our guy is, they are the only thing that does.

When Trump was in office, someone's economic hardship was their own damn fault, but with Biden in there, the government is to blame. That's what you guys sound like.
Not me. We can point to the policies of Dem politicians that interfered. From lockdowns to inflation. Some of us are just able to look at things objectively. Biden is a disaster. But presidents do make a difference. Obama imo pulled us out of a deep hole and did a great job. Trump kept it going more or less. Biden wanted to be transformative. Local Dems were overreaching shutting down businesses. And yes sometimes administrations get lucky when the private sector comes up with new stuff. iPos. .coms. But sometimes gov just needs to get out of the way

Not me. We can point to the policies of Dem politicians that interfered. From lockdowns to inflation. Some of us are just able to look at things objectively. Biden is a disaster. But presidents do make a difference. Obama imo pulled us out of a deep hole and did a great job. Trump kept it going more or less. Biden wanted to be transformative. Local Dems were overreaching shutting down businesses. And yes sometimes administrations get lucky when the private sector comes up with new stuff. iPos. .coms. But sometimes gov just needs to get out of the way

Most everything you are complaining about in this thread (inflation, COL) is more or less driven by misjudgements by J Powell and the Fed Reserve during Covid. They brought out the bazooka like it was 2008 all over again, when there was no reason to.

Made the housing market go insane. Car market too, for that matter. Two of the biggest expenses for most people.

Last edited:
You just proved what I said - you don't count the average as being representative of 'real life' - you think the median is better.

Thanks!
LOL - when it comes to individual wealth...no. When it comes to businesses that operate on a station by station basis...yes.

Stupid it is.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT