ADVERTISEMENT

Haley

I don't like Haley's positions, either. Maybe it's your judgment that's cloudy?

im-76043616
I was thinking of the bussing of mirgrants to Martha’s Vineyard. It’s the angriest I seen you on here. Bitcoin is the litmus test.

Best candidate meaning who would be the best President. Which maybe you disagree with. I agree those two concepts aren’t the same thing.

By that calculus, HRC would have been the "best candidate."

Christie will be out after New Hampshire, if he doesn't fold up before. I think he knows he has zero chance but was running to be the loud anti trump voice. I bet he drops out and endorses Haley shortly before the NH primary. He basically has no money and his entire campaign has been in NH. It's why Haley has a really good lane in NH.... She's only 14 pts down along with Christie pulling 10-12%. The Christie vote ain't going to break towards Trump. 75% of Christie voters are considering Haley. Only 9% are considering Trump.

If there is still a primary that matters in May that only means its a tight delegate race between Trump and Haley. More than likely Trump has it locked down way early.

But weird shit happens in Presidential primaries and the numbers can move very quickly once the field winnows. Howard Dean was once on the fast track to a nomination. And people here 4 years ago made posts that Biden was finished and should drop out.

Trump has a consistent -15 favorable (42/57). Basically unchanged for years. The majority of the country doesn't like the guy and are set in their opinions. That's a legit vulnerability both in primaries and general.

I'm of the opinion that the general will be really rough for him. There will be endless ads that show nothing but J6 footage and throughout history the country has never gone back (with one exception) of electing someone who previously lost.
The best thing Christie could do is pull out and tell his voters to support Haley. Then he should go on the campaign trail blasting Trump so Haley doesn’t have to do it.

Win and pick Christie as VP or wait till after victory and appoint him AG.

Last edited:
The best thing Christie could do is pull out and tell his voters to support Haley. Then he should on the campaign trail blasting Trump so Haley doesn’t have to do it.

That’s a pretty good plan. Are you on board with Haley? I think JD Vance is a strong possibility for VP for any candidate other than Trump.

The best thing Christie could do is pull out and tell his voters to support Haley. Then he should on the campaign trail blasting Trump so Haley doesn’t have to do it.

He makes sense as AG. Bad pick for VP, though. I think she would want someone who is at least MAGA-adjacent.

Christie as AG would be a disaster. We need someone in there who will identify the FBI and deep state actors who have tried to thwart Trump and then find a crime to stick on them. Someone who will twist and contort abstract legal theories to go after any Democrat in a position of power, anywhere. Litigate the case against Trump’s attackers to the ends of the earth.

It needs to be a Justice department of vengeance, because mutually assured destruction is the only way that this current Justice department can be responded to. Anything less, is tacit acceptance and they will go back to the playbook again next time they have the opportunity.

Christie as AG would be a disaster. We need someone in there who will identify the FBI and deep state actors who have tried to thwart Trump and then find a crime to stick on them. Someone who will twist and contort abstract legal theories to go after any Democrat in a position of power, anywhere. Litigate the case against Trump’s attackers to the ends of the earth.

It needs to be a Justice department of vengeance, because mutually assured destruction is the only way that this current Justice department can be responded to. Anything less, is tacit acceptance and they will go back to the playbook again next time they have the opportunity.
Ah, I get it now. The reason it's so important for you to believe that the Dems have abandoned the rule of law is simply that you desperately want the Republicans to abandon the rule of law, and you're trying to find a way to justify it.

Stop playing games. Just admit you don't care much for the law, justice or democracy, and instead only care about winning.

Reactions: UncleMark
WTF? Conservatives a fine with intelligence. We don’t like the condescension and patronizing attitude that accompanies liberalism. I don’t give a rip how many Rhodes Scholar points Buttegeig has, he is basically a dumbass.
There can only be one smartest man in the world and you are damn convinced it is you, so I get why Buttegeig doesn't seem smart to you.

Did you not extensively praise Trump's communication style in '16? Doesn't that style featuring single syllable partial sentences? Hell, I am horrible at grammar and speak 50 times better than him. So what makes 3rd grade English so effective? He is speaking to people who view Jethro Bodine's 6th grade education as pure communism.

That isn't to say these people aren't smart, they just believe reading a philosophy or science book as useless and off-putting.

Ah, I get it now. The reason it's so important for you to believe that the Dems have abandoned the rule of law is simply that you desperately want the Republicans to abandon the rule of law, and you're trying to find a way to justify it.

Stop playing games. Just admit you don't care much for the law, justice or democracy, and instead only care about winning.
Not at all. I take no enjoyment in the idea of Democrats being targeted by the Justice Department without evidence of a crime. But that is the response that is warranted now.

The alternative would be a slow moving coup by Judicial Democratic operatives with no resistance. Unacceptable. There doesn’t seem to be much consensus on either side for both sides going weapons down with the lawfare. If there was, that would of course be preferable.

We have a mod on this forum that routinely says Trump needs to be taken down “by any means necessary”. Routinely calls out MConnell for holding up Garland while defending Reid blowing up the filibuster as “necessary”.

What is that if not a craven desire for politically “winning”?

Surging in New Hampshire polling this past month. Within 14 points of Trump.

Haley also looking much stronger then Trump in a General election matchup. In PA for example, Haley running about 5 points better than Trump ( vs Biden). Similar trends in WI, MI, and GA show Haley running stronger than Trump (vs Biden).

Her path looks like a strong 2nd place finish in Iowa which would knock DeSantis out of the race. Then see what happens in NH. Some Iowa momentum could potentially boost her enough in NH to come close to a draw. Then it's on to her home state.

Will it happen? likely not. But it's not an impossibility. Really the only one that can legitimately say that at this point.

The MAGA crowd is clearly setting all targets on her.

Haley clocks Biden in the general probably sending long coattails down the ticket. Here's hoping she gets the nomination. Trump loses the general. GOPers like me who will never vote for Trump probably end up electing Biden again - although that match up does invite a credible 3rd party person to run which at least would be wildly interesting. I'm just not sure who could do it. I think a GOP gov from a Blue state (like Hogan) or a Dem gov from a Red state (like the KY guy?) would be a good answer, but just don't see it. Not sure Manchin could pull it off, but maybe (would moderate Republicans vote for him? I sure would over Trump).

Reactions: twenty02
There can only be one smartest man in the world and you are damn convinced it is you, so I get why Buttegeig doesn't seem smart to you.

Did you not extensively praise Trump's communication style in '16? Doesn't that style featuring single syllable partial sentences? Hell, I am horrible at grammar and speak 50 times better than him. So what makes 3rd grade English so effective? He is speaking to people who view Jethro Bodine's 6th grade education as pure communism.

That isn't to say these people aren't smart, they just believe reading a philosophy or science book as useless and off-putting.
Yes. I did praise Trumps communication style. Good memory. There is no way to measure this, but I’d bet that if you gave Trump and Buttegeig to explain something to 100 people randomly selected, more would remember and understand Trumps explanation. Trump speaks in images. Buttegeig is almost all abstractions.

But being able to communicate to common people is not necessarily a sign of intelligence. I have no doubt Buttegeig has a lot of native intelligence. But it stays between his ears. He can’t get it out there and apply it. That takes more intelligence. In my years of practice I’ve run into lawyers who might be able to explain a nuanced legal principle in a law review article, but they couldn’t examine or cross examine a witness or argue to a jury. I’ve heard some very good lawyers who could make convincing arguments and they are very smart..

I’ve never thought Obama was that intelligent. He’s probably the best President since the turn of the century, which is like being the tallest midget. Bush gets the honor of the worst and then Biden.
You're all over the map.

If she’s so smart, why do people call her birdbrain?
There you go! Don't say you're a Trumpster, without saying you're a Trumpster. That's what Trump calls her because he's a frickin' a$$hole. You repeat it because you're a Trumpster. Just STFU, or say, "Hey, I'm all in on Trump, he's my man, I'd like to lick his shoes!" LOL!

@twenty02 Don’t sleep on Dan Quayle. He’s quietly been preparing for an out of nowhere late entry 2024 Republican primary sneak attack for the better part of the last 30 years. Nowadays, dude can spell potato in his f*ckin sleep.

Timmy! returns..... Where you been brother?

Such a boneheaded take. Come on man. If you're actually a Republican, stop the nonsense.
I’m not a Republican. I consider myself a fiscal conservative. She’s not a bright bulb, compared to DeSantis.

You're all over the map.
I know you like Bush, but the Iraq war was the worst foreign policy decision Vietnam. Besides the loss of life and trillions of dollars it ultimately led to the Democratic majority which passed Obamacare. Not to mention his bailing out of the banks with TARP. He’s a nice person, but awful President. Also, I don’t consider any of them good Presidents.

We have a mod on this forum that routinely says Trump needs to be taken down “by any means necessary”. Routinely calls out MConnell for holding up Garland while defending Reid blowing up the filibuster as “necessary”.

What does my mod status have to do with my position on these questions?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT