ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting voting dynamic in my house

...But as your pointed out she is a very flawed candidate, and when those flaws and her record become the focus of the race, the realization will set in that there is little difference in an old empty suit and a middle aged empty pant suit...

Opinion: Kamala’s moment: The pantsuit is truly empty

From the article:

When Joe Biden picked Kamala Harris as his running mate four years ago, he said he did so because she could assume the office “on day one.” More than 30 days after becoming the presumptive nominee, Harris still does not seem ready to be the Democratic Party’s nominee, let alone president. She is an empty pantsuit, basking in the glow of positive media coverage and unburdened by accountability.

The bolded part of the quote from the article is something I always underestimate. She will not be held to account by the legacy media. They will continue to spin any narrative that the power brokers on the left wish, soft shoe around her obvious flaws, and a large part of the masses will just buy it. Controlling the narrative is literally baked into the system for the left. The Democrats keep cookingthe same bullshit soufflé and the media happily serves it up with a smile. The Republicans are no better when it comes to peddling bullshit, the biggest difference being that their bullshit distribution system pales in comparison to the Democrats in both size and scope.

From the article:

The bolded part of the quote from the article is something I always underestimate. She will not be held to account by the legacy media. They will continue to spin any narrative that the power brokers on the left wish, soft shoe around her obvious flaws, and a large part of the masses will just buy it. Controlling the narrative is literally baked into the system for the left. The Democrats keep cookingthe same bullshit soufflé and the media happily serves it up with a smile. The Republicans are no better when it comes to peddling bullshit, the biggest difference being that their bullshit distribution system pales in comparison to the Democrats in both size and scope.
It's hilarious how you guys seem to forget she's running,not against a normal candidate, but against freaking Donald Trump. Every single criticism you make against Harris is 3 or 4x more relative to Trump.

Plus she isn't awaiting a court date in to resume the DC trial, or facing sentencing in the 34 count felony case. And I'm not sure Trump grasps how daunting of a prospect he faces to try and convince the 11th Circuit that Cannon's ruling dismissing the MAL case has any validity...

Reactions: IU_Hickory

From the article:

If Trump wins it’s because of X and Musk. Elections are just who can pump the most information out now.

Reactions: All4You
If Trump wins it’s because of X and Musk. Elections are just who can pump the most information out now.

I agree that perception is reality and fortunes can turn quickly, but at present the GOP ground game is flailing and the party is fractured to the point of being broken. Just over a month ago, Trump boat races Biden in their only debate and survives a fecking assassination attempt, leaving the left resigned to the fact that Biden won't beat Trump again. Fast forward to today, they've kicked the cadaver to the curb, anointed Kamala in his place and the media is torn whether she should be POTUS, Sainted or Knighted....and instead just decided to make her all three. I don't see that level of favorable coverage going away.

I know that excites Never Trumpers as they've spent the last 8 years +/- 1 doing their best Don Quixote impression in an attempt to "sAvE dA pArTy". I still believe if he loses the party is done for the foreseeable future, at least as far as a Republican POTUS is concerned. Sure the Never Trumpers come back, but IMHO it won't be enough to cover the MAGA voters that they lose to attrition/apathy. The old guard type candidates have no shot, their message has run it's course and doesn't appeal to Gens Y/Z. Will the RNC see the light? I don't think they will, at least not before several losing election cycles.

Anyways...even under ideal circumstances for the GOP, the fight to control the narrative is always an uphill battle for them as the majority of the legacy media skews so far left. Typically they wouldn't say shit about a Democrat, even if they had a mouthful of it.

Conversely, Trump could fart on an elevator and we would have days of coverage. Senate hearings replete with a a conga line of nose-witnesses giving their testimony. The NYT and WaPo publishing editorials about the carelessness of farting on elevators and the possibility of a spark ignition. Panel shows on MSNBC, CNN, CBS and ABC with medical experts discussing his poor digestive health. T he CDC mandating social distancing and that masks be worn in all enclosed spaces at Trump Property Holdings. And of course the climate activists will be up in arms, calling a press conference trotting out some Scandinavian teen on the spectrum to chastise him with a stern "how dare you!"

And for the lefty peanut gallery, we all know that Trump being Trump compounds it. The fact that Trump fatigue is real among independent voters isn't some revelation to me, nor is his laundry list of flaws. No need to rehash it for the eleventy dozenth time, you score no extra points.

Reactions: snarlcakes
I agree that perception is reality and fortunes can turn quickly, but at present the GOP ground game is flailing and the party is fractured to the point of being broken. Just over a month ago, Trump boat races Biden in their only debate and survives a fecking assassination attempt, leaving the left resigned to the fact that Biden won't beat Trump again. Fast forward to today, they've kicked the cadaver to the curb, anointed Kamala in his place and the media is torn whether she should be POTUS, Sainted or Knighted....and instead just decided to make her all three. I don't see that level of favorable coverage going away.

I know that excites Never Trumpers as they've spent the last 8 years +/- 1 doing their best Don Quixote impression in an attempt to "sAvE dA pArTy". I still believe if he loses the party is done for the foreseeable future, at least as far as a Republican POTUS is concerned. Sure the Never Trumpers come back, but IMHO it won't be enough to cover the MAGA voters that they lose to attrition/apathy. The old guard type candidates have no shot, their message has run it's course and doesn't appeal to Gens Y/Z. Will the RNC see the light? I don't think they will, at least not before several losing election cycles.

Anyways...even under ideal circumstances for the GOP, the fight to control the narrative is always an uphill battle for them as the majority of the legacy media skews so far left. Typically they wouldn't say shit about a Democrat, even if they had a mouthful of it.

Conversely, Trump could fart on an elevator and we would have days of coverage. Senate hearings replete with a a conga line of nose-witnesses giving their testimony. The NYT and WaPo publishing editorials about the carelessness of farting on elevators and the possibility of a spark ignition. Panel shows on MSNBC, CNN, CBS and ABC with medical experts discussing his poor digestive health. T he CDC mandating social distancing and that masks be worn in all enclosed spaces at Trump Property Holdings. And of course the climate activists will be up in arms, calling a press conference trotting out some Scandinavian teen on the spectrum to chastise him with a stern "how dare you!"

And for the lefty peanut gallery, we all know that Trump being Trump compounds it. The fact that Trump fatigue is real among independent voters isn't some revelation to me, nor is his laundry list of flaws. No need to rehash it for the eleventy dozenth time, you score no extra points.

AFY, wonder just how important the media is in determining who is elected as president.

Granted if the election was decided by total votes instead of the electoral college the media might be a big factor.

However given the electoral college about six to nine states will decide the election. I would wager voters in Nevada aren't influenced by quite the same media as those in Michigan. Also social media and plain old word of mouth has to be part of the equation.

Finally there are the gut feelings or as some would say the emotional aspect of picking a candidate. This plus party affiliation may be the biggest factors of all.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT