ADVERTISEMENT

Haley

twenty02

Hall of Famer
Jan 28, 2011
Surging in New Hampshire polling this past month. Within 14 points of Trump.

Haley also looking much stronger then Trump in a General election matchup. In PA for example, Haley running about 5 points better than Trump ( vs Biden). Similar trends in WI, MI, and GA show Haley running stronger than Trump (vs Biden).

Her path looks like a strong 2nd place finish in Iowa which would knock DeSantis out of the race. Then see what happens in NH. Some Iowa momentum could potentially boost her enough in NH to come close to a draw. Then it's on to her home state.

Will it happen? likely not. But it's not an impossibility. Really the only one that can legitimately say that at this point.

The MAGA crowd is clearly setting all targets on her.

Last edited:
It's going to take a lot for me not to vote for Christie in the primary, but Haley is my second choice by a wide margin. If it's still a race by May, it might sway me to vote for Haley.

Christie will be out after New Hampshire, if he doesn't fold up before. I think he knows he has zero chance but was running to be the loud anti trump voice. I bet he drops out and endorses Haley shortly before the NH primary. He basically has no money and his entire campaign has been in NH. It's why Haley has a really good lane in NH.... She's only 14 pts down along with Christie pulling 10-12%. The Christie vote ain't going to break towards Trump. 75% of Christie voters are considering Haley. Only 9% are considering Trump.

If there is still a primary that matters in May that only means its a tight delegate race between Trump and Haley. More than likely Trump has it locked down way early.

But weird shit happens in Presidential primaries and the numbers can move very quickly once the field winnows. Howard Dean was once on the fast track to a nomination. And people here 4 years ago made posts that Biden was finished and should drop out.

Trump has a consistent -15 favorable (42/57). Basically unchanged for years. The majority of the country doesn't like the guy and are set in their opinions. That's a legit vulnerability both in primaries and general.

I'm of the opinion that the general will be really rough for him. There will be endless ads that show nothing but J6 footage and throughout history the country has never gone back (with one exception) of electing someone who previously lost.

Last edited:
I'm of the opinion that the general will be really rough for him. There will be endless ads that show nothing but J6 footage and throughout history the country has never gone back (with one exception) of electing someone who previously lost.
Yeah. Wait 'til the DNC and the aligned Super-PACs start spending money. And when one or more of these trials start, with daily updates of the prosecution's case and images of a miserable Trump sitting at counsel table.

And the guy has been an absolute mess on the campaign trail, and I'm not talking about the Nazi-inspired "poisoning the blood" comment that he keeps repeating. He was in Iowa and thought he was in South Dakota. He commented (incorrectly) that Hungary borders Russia. He confused Erdogan with Orban. A couple of months ago he claimed to have defeated both George W. Bush and Obama. He's always sweating profusely and looks god-awful. He's unfit - - - in every sense.

Reactions: reluctantnit
Yeah. Wait 'til the DNC and the aligned Super-PACs start spending money. And when one or more of these trials start, with daily updates of the prosecution's case and images of a miserable Trump sitting at counsel table.

And the guy has been an absolute mess on the campaign trail, and I'm not talking about the Nazi-inspired "poisoning the blood" comment that he keeps repeating. He was in Iowa and thought he was in South Dakota. He commented (incorrectly) that Hungary borders Russia. He confused Erdogan with Orban. A couple of months ago he claimed to have defeated both George W. Bush and Obama. He's always sweating profusely and looks god-awful. He's unfit - - - in every sense.

I wouldn't know. I can't stand to physically listen to the buffoon and his incoherent ramblings. Like nails on a chalkboard.

Christie will be out after New Hampshire, if he doesn't fold up before. I think he knows he has zero chance but was running to be the loud anti trump voice. I bet he drops out and endorses Haley shortly before the NH primary. He basically has no money and his entire campaign has been in NH. It's why Haley has a really good lane in NH.... She's only 14 pts down along with Christie pulling 10-12%. The Christie vote ain't going to break towards Trump. 75% of Christie voters are considering Haley. Only 9% are considering Trump.

If there is still a primary that matters in May that only means its a tight delegate race between Trump and Haley. More than likely Trump has it locked down way early.

But weird shit happens in Presidential primaries and the numbers can move very quickly once the field winnows. Howard Dean was once on the fast track to a nomination. And people here 4 years ago made posts that Biden was finished and should drop out.

Trump has a consistent -15 favorable (42/57). Basically unchanged for years. The majority of the country doesn't like the guy and are set in their opinions. That's a legit vulnerability both in primaries and general.

Christie needs to get the hell out of the way. He’s boosting Trump by standing in Haley’s way.

It’s ironic that he’s the one non-Trump candidate that ran in 2016 is playing the spoiler

Christie needs to get the hell out of the way. He’s boosting Trump by standing in Haley’s way.

It’s ironic that he’s the one non-Trump candidate that ran in 2016 is playing the spoiler
Agreed. And as much as it pains me to say, Ron needs to step aside as well. Short of winning Iowa, him and Haley are just going to cannibalize each other.

A shame. Ron is far and away the best candidate in this race on either side.

Agreed. And as much as it pains me to say, Ron needs to step aside as well. Short of winning Iowa, him and Haley are just going to cannibalize each other.

He’s cutting ad buys in Iowa and NH. I wonder when he announces?

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier

Haley only down 4.

You know Trump getting worried when he goes to name calling well.

Birdbrain? Seriously?

Calling Sununu one of the least popular governors in the country... When he's actually one of the most popular.

Who could possibly vote for such a dementia riddled clown? :cool:

What does that even mean? Best candidate? You really just mean the candidate you'd like to see as president, right? Because if you think Ron is actually the strongest candidate, I have some bridges to sell you.

What does that even mean? Best candidate? You really just mean the candidate you'd like to see as president, right? Because if you think Ron is actually the strongest candidate, I have some bridges to sell you.
Haley is the best candidate. I said that before the midterms…you said they would never let her be the nominee. Something about her husband. I believe she would beat Biden

i think an argument can be made that desantis is far and away the best candidate. i know usnews is worthy of looking at askew but fla ranks as the #10 best state in the country. #1 in education. his handling of disasters has been outstanding. i'd argue his handling of covid was outstanding. he actually took the time to read up etc. i don't mind haley but i have no idea what anyone sees in her to consider a good candidate. if it's her over trump i'm fine with it but she's not in desantis' league with regard to either competence or intelligence. sc was a mess when she left. ranked near the bottom of all states

Reactions: snarlcakes

Haley only down 4.

You know Trump getting worried when he goes to name calling well.

Birdbrain? Seriously?

Calling Sununu one of the least popular governors in the country... When he's actually one of the most popular.

Who could possibly vote for such a dementia riddled clown? :cool:
The usual suspects will believe and repeat those lies and use that nickname.

i think an argument can be made that desantis is far and away the best candidate. i know usnews is worthy of looking at askew but fla ranks as the #10 best state in the country. #1 in education. his handling of disasters has been outstanding. i'd argue his handling of covid was outstanding. he actually took the time to read up etc. i don't mind haley but i have no idea what anyone sees in her to consider a good candidate. if it's her over trump i'm fine with it but she's not in desantis' league with regard to either competence or intelligence. sc was a mess when she left. ranked near the bottom of all states
She's smarter than Ron and far less awkward. She will demolish Biden in a debate. Ron might win one, but it will be a beating a mid-major by 3 because of a lazy performance kind of win.

She's smarter than Ron and far less awkward. She will demolish Biden in a debate. Ron might win one, but it will be a beating a mid-major by 3 because of a lazy performance kind of win.
i don't think she's in the same league as ron intellectually. she has a far better personality. biden is too old to debate anyone. but i see nothing in haley's record to get excited about. she's probably on par w/ a gwb jr and a far cry from clinton/obama smarts

i don't think she's in the same league as ron intellectually. she has a far better personality. biden is too old to debate anyone. but i see nothing in haley's record to get excited about. she's probably on par w/ a gwb jr and a far cry from clinton/obama smarts
I'm completely flabbergasted by you thinking Ron is some kind of intellectual heavyweight. Strikes me as an average mind at best.

Reactions: UncleMark
I'm completely flabbergasted by you thinking Ron is some kind of intellectual heavyweight. Strikes me as an average mind at best.
yale. harvard law. and his governance has been excellent. having fla rank as high as it does isn't an easy task. haley went to clemson and only has a bach and left the state ranked at the bottom. and believe me desantis has many missteps, particularly in his obsession with culture wars and all that attends, somewhat bungling of insurance matters, etc. but he's an exceptionally smart, impressive guy with a horrific personality.

Last edited:
yale. harvard law. and his governance has been excellent. having fla rank high as it does isn't an easy task. haley went to clemson and and only has a bach and left the state ranked at the bottom. and believe me desantis has many missteps, particularly in his obsession with culture wars, somewhat bungling of insurance matters, etc. but he's an exceptionally smart, impressive guy with a horrific personality.
DeSantis is the best candidate. He’s intelligent and has been an excellent governor in one of the largest states. His policies on Covid were some of the best in the nation and showed great leadership during a difficult time. However, he should step aside if he doesn’t do well in Iowa.

Best candidate meaning who would be the best President. Which maybe you disagree with. I agree those two concepts aren’t the same thing.

But he’s lead a much more accomplished life than Haley up until now and undoubtedly has a higher IQ. I’m not even sure she would score higher than DeSantis on the CPA exam that she never sat for.

As I’ve said before, having a high IQ president is nice but is not the only metric we should judge them on.

Obama is likely the highest IQ president since the turn of the century, but imo was the worst.

DeSantis is the best candidate. He’s intelligent and has been an excellent governor in one of the largest states. His policies on Covid were some of the best in the nation and showed great leadership during a difficult time. However, he should step aside if he doesn’t do well in Iowa.
he's toast. he should just drop out now.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
And I think the fact conservatives hate the appearance of intelligence makes him want to act dumb.
maybe but fla factors into that as well. ten miles inland from any coast is redneck hell. you have to relate to those people as much as anyone else. and it's still the south. not harvard/yale. so it's not just conservatives he's appealing to imo

Best candidate meaning who would be the best President. Which maybe you disagree with. I agree those two concepts aren’t the same thing.

But he’s lead a much more accomplished life than Haley up until now and undoubtedly has a higher IQ. I’m not even sure she would score higher than DeSantis on the CPA exam that she never sat for.

As I’ve said before, having a high IQ president is nice but is not the only metric we should judge them on.

Obama is likely the highest IQ president since the turn of the century, but imo was the worst.
I’ve never thought Obama was that intelligent. He’s probably the best President since the turn of the century, which is like being the tallest midget. Bush gets the honor of the worst and then Biden.

Reactions: jet812
yale. harvard law. and his governance has been excellent. having fla rank as high as it does isn't an easy task. haley went to clemson and only has a bach and left the state ranked at the bottom. and believe me desantis has many missteps, particularly in his obsession with culture wars and all that attends, somewhat bungling of insurance matters, etc. but he's an exceptionally smart, impressive guy with a horrific personality.
Alright I'll grant you results. I'm only going by how he comes off in public appearances, which is not a genius to say the least. But that's probably not the best way to judge him.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Harry Truman took bookkeeping and shorthand at KC Business College for a year and then dropped out. Later in life he won WWII. :)

Alright I'll grant you results. I'm only going by how he comes off in public appearances, which is not a genius to say the least. But that's probably not the best way to judge him.
he's got an awful personality. but what he did to charlie crist (former gov) and flipped hispanics etc is a testament to his governance ability and what fla residents thought of his tenure

Reactions: reluctantnit
I don't understand why you think being a liberal makes one a bad judge of intelligence.
I think you don’t like DeSantis for some of his political leanings and actions. It clouds your judgment in my opinion. Desantis resume and accomplishments point towards a very intelligent person. I wish I had enough money to force DeSantis and Haley to get IQ tests and show the results. He’d kick her a#%. I’d even give you 2 to 1 odds.

I think you don’t like DeSantis for some of his political leanings and actions. It clouds your judgment in my opinion. Desantis resume and accomplishments point towards a very intelligent person. I wish I had enough money to force DeSantis and Haley to get IQ tests and show the results. He’d kick her a#%. I’d even give you 2 to 1 odds.
I don't like Haley's positions, either. Maybe it's your judgment that's cloudy?

im-76043616

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT