ADVERTISEMENT

Biden

Yeah, he's pretty much announced that a second term would be mostly about retribution. I think it's likely he'd also push for repeal of the 22nd Amendment and/or set up Junior as his successor.

I agree that Beshear would be a good option, but first he needs to win tomorrow. It's never good to be entering a presidential race coming off a loss, but it's definitely been done.

With respect to Shapiro, I think he's still kind of light on experience. Also, while religion shouldn't make a difference, it would - - particularly in today's environment. There's anti-Semitism in both parties.

One person I like who nobody talks about is Seth Moulton. Guy is a centrist, reasonable, well-spoken, likable, only 45, and a decorated war vet (Marine). He announced his candidacy for the presidency in 2019 but it was a short-lived campaign. He couldn't generate any traction - - -or money. Things, though, could go much differently for him now if Biden was out of the race.
Re: Moulton, I don't know too much about him, but if the DNC got behind him and Biden stepping down was handled well, I think he could win.

I think the x factor is what would happen with Kamala Harris. I think she'd have to be publicly on board for whatever happens. To that point, I'm kind of shocked how her reputation nose-dived after she became VP.

Re: Moulton, I don't know too much about him, but if the DNC got behind him and Biden stepping down was handled well, I think he could win.

I think the x factor is what would happen with Kamala Harris. I think she'd have to be publicly on board for whatever happens. To that point, I'm kind of shocked how her reputation nose-dived after she became VP.
Completely agree re Harris. She's got to see the writing on the wall. Hopefully, in the event Biden were to bow out, she'd graciously step aside. Maybe something could be brokered behind the scenes where she gets appointed to the federal bench or some other high-level job.

Completely agree re Harris. She's got to see the writing on the wall. Hopefully, in the event Biden were to bow out, she'd graciously step aside. Maybe something could be brokered behind the scenes where she gets appointed to the federal bench or some other high-level job.
I don't know about Harris...but there are very, very few career politicians like her, that would "bow out" when they're as close as she would be to being the POTUS. And while I agree, she wouldn't be the ideal candidate to take on Trump, I'm sure she'd love to take him on, and probably thinks shes the right person for that challenge.

If I'm handicapping the field, I'd say Harris and Newsom are probably right behind Biden right now, in terms of likelihood of being the DEM candidate next fall.

This won't be brief. Sorry.

I was looking back at a thread ("Trump 2024!") that TDS-sufferer mcmurtry (relax, murt - - just joking) started over a year and a half ago. I predicted then that Trump would be the 2024 GOP nominee, but I couldn't have been more wrong about Biden. I didn't think he'd run for reelection and I anticipated a crowded and competitive Democrat field.

Part of me thinks that someone of influence in the Democrat party needs to have a "Come to Jesus" talk with Jill who, in turn, needs to have a "Come to Jill" talk with Joe and convince him not to seek reelection. The question becomes, though, is it too late? The deadline has already passed in some states for primary filings, and I believe that the deadline will have passed in 14 states by Dec 31. And the launch of any campaign takes time and money. Election Day 2024 is just 12 month away.

A second option is that Biden waits until the Democratic convention in August, drops the bomb that he's changed his mind, and throws his support to someone else. I read last night that, under Dem Party rules, pledged delegates aren't required to vote for the candidate they represent, but rather must "reflect the sentiments of those who elected them." If Biden said in so many words, "You're my delegates but I'm dropping out and endorsing [fill in the blank]," that endorsement would be hugely influential.

But who would he endorse? How does he NOT endorse Harris, and she's less popular than he is? Then again, there's some precedent for a president turning his back on his VP (and I'm not talking about Trump, who did more than turn his back on Pence in Jan 2021). While Biden says he didn't run in 2016 because of his son Beau's death and, indeed, that could have been a factor, there was reliable reporting that Obama saw Clinton as the heir apparent and encouraged Biden to step aside. Finally, there's another consideration with respect to Harris. if Biden failed to support her as his successor, it could be perceived as a slap in the face to the black voters who were instrumental in his win in 2020. The issue becomes moot, though, if Harris were to announce she's not seeking the nomination.

If Biden were to announce at the Convention that he has decided not to move forward, fails to endorse a successor, and no candidate wins the first ballot, then a brokered convention would be the result and chaos could very well follow. A fractured party is the last thing the Dems would want with little time remaining before the general election.

The Dems are in a really tough spot. I never thought I'd be saying this, and it's kind of surreal to think this is a possibilty for a guy with a lengthy rap sheet, but Trump could win.
You are right Traitor trump could win. He will end Democracy as we know it. Totalitarian state as we know it will be the cause of the day.. The end of our constitution.

All you hear is she is wrong for GOVT BUT you never hear from the VP. How do you know what she could do?

fetterman said newsom is running for president right now but doesn't have the balls to announce it. fetterman is probably jealous. newsom wears impeccably fitting bespoke suits. imagine the appearance he'd cut on stage next to trump's mess
Its not tired. How many nonwhite male or female have been potus?

disagree vehemently. we've gotten kicked in the teeth in ways that impact voters the most: freezer burned crab legs, gas, cars, homes, we can debate his culpability in all of this but 1) he remains the coach and 2) do you have any faith in him to have the ability to get us out?
I never had any faith. The reason we’re in this mess is because of Democrat polices. However, my opinion doesn’t matter, it’s the people who voted for Biden that matter. And Uncle mark will vote for him. Hickory will vote for him. Zeke will vote for him and etc.

• Haha
Reactions: IU_Hickory
I never had any faith. The reason we’re in this mess is because of Democrat polices. However, mu opinion doesn’t matter, it’s the people who voted for him that matter. And Uncle mark will vote for him. Hickory will vote for him. Zeke will vote for him and etc.
let them vote D and let them wallow in the squalor they deserve while you and me vote B and ride that sweet sweet crypto right into retirement

let them vote D and let them wallow in the squalor they deserve while you and me vote B and ride that sweet sweet crypto right into retirement
Washington and his band of freedom and liberty loving dream team had to brave an entire ocean, kill a bunch of savages, and then bitch slap the British for good measure to gain their independence. Legend has it their boats didn’t have anchors. He just flopped his wanker into the water and touched bottom.

Thankfully, it’s a lot easier today. I just work for two weeks, drink pumpkin lattes, eat sliders, and buy Bitcoin to gain my independence. I couldn’t anchor a canoe in a mud puddle.

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
I never had any faith. The reason we’re in this mess is because of Democrat polices. However, my opinion doesn’t matter, it’s the people who voted for Biden that matter. And Uncle mark will vote for him. Hickory will vote for him. Zeke will vote for him and etc.
I don't care who they put up if Trump is the nominee, anyone would get my vote.

I guess trump as a democrat because ,he did nothing.

You are right Traitor trump could win. He will end Democracy as we know it. Totalitarian state as we know it will be the cause of the day.. The end of our constitution.
Hyperbole much?

One person is not going to end democracy or the constitution. If it ever happens its because the public sucks.

Hyperbole much?

One person is not going to end democracy or the constitution. If it ever happens its because the public sucks.
What would you think of this for an administration. Jamie Allman, Glen Beck, Sean Hannity, Clay Travis, and Buck Sexton?!!!!!!!!!!!!! 🔥

However, my opinion doesn’t matter, it’s the people who voted for Biden that matter. And Uncle mark will vote for him. Hickory will vote for him. Zeke will vote for him and etc.
And even their votes don't really matter. Their state will be the first to announce as a Trump win the second polls close next November.

What mess is that? Yes I absolutely would vote for anyone against Trump. You’d be hard put to find a candidate as stupid or as corrupt as him. Not to mention the sexual abuse ( rape) thing is a bit off putting.

What would you think of this for an administration. Jamie Allman, Glen Beck, Sean Hannity, Clay Travis, and Buck Sexton?!!!!!!!!!!!!! 🔥
Who are these people? I’ve only heard of Hannity and Beck.

I
Not to mention the sexual abuse ( rape) thing is a bit off putting.
I agree, which is part of the reason I didn't vote for Biden or Trump. Biden also sexually abused someone, allegedly:oops:

Last edited:
What mess is that? Yes I absolutely would vote for anyone against Trump. You’d be hard put to find a candidate as stupid or as corrupt as him. Not to mention the sexual abuse ( rape) thing is a bit off putting.
I guess trump did not do anything while he was in office. All I'm hearing is blame the DEMS.

I guess trump did not do anything while he was in office. All I'm hearing is blame the DEMS.
Do you not pay attention? I'm blaming everyone in the executive and legislative branches on both sides when I say there's been a tit for tat policy reversal from the previous administration starting at least in 2008. New president comes in and signs EOs reversing as much as possible.

Obama didn't do too much of that but it's progressively gotten worse since. I'm not blaming him just saying that's around the time it seems to have started picking up steam.

I would vote for pretty much anyone if Trump was the other option. If Biden was in a coma and allowed to be on the ticket as the only option outside of Trump, then count me in for biden. Trump should never be in the white house again.

And it isn't a crime to prefer dem policies over whatever you want to call the crud coming out of the party of Trump lately, which is hardly even recognizable to what the gop used to be.

I would vote for pretty much anyone if Trump was the other option. If Biden was in a coma and allowed to be on the ticket as the only option outside of Trump, then count me in for biden. Trump should never be in the white house again.

And it isn't a crime to prefer dem policies over whatever you want to call the crud coming out of the party of Trump lately, which is hardly even recognizable to what the gop used to be.
There are 100 senators and 535 congress critters. How many do you know? The ones you do know are the ones the media pushes because they get their ratings up.

Do you know every peice of legislation being debated and voted on? I seriously doubt. I bet there is more compromise than we get to see.

I'd argue if any institution is responsible for degrading our country and the faith in our system its our disgusting press. CNN started us down this road in 1980 with the 24/7 news cycle. Some network would have done it eventually anyway. Throw in social media after that and here we are.

There are 100 senators and 535 congress critters. How many do you know? The ones you do know are the ones the media pushes because they get their ratings up.

Do you know every peice of legislation being debated and voted on? I seriously doubt. I bet there is more compromise than we get to see.

I'd argue if any institution is responsible for degrading our country and the faith in our system its our disgusting press. CNN started us down this road in 1980 with the 24/7 news cycle. Some network would have done it eventually anyway. Throw in social media after that and here we are.

Yea, our news is a major player in the current dysfunction and faux news is a major player in the lies and finger pointing.

People like rush Limbaugh talking political bs to millions of listeners and calling it entertainment when people confront him with his lies.

I was in agreement with you up until faux news. It's all shit and has been for 30 years.

Out of curiosity how old are you if you're willing to share. I'll start. I'm 38.

I was in agreement with you up until faux news. It's all shit and has been for 30 years.

Out of curiosity how old are you if you're willing to share. I'll start. I'm 38.
It is all shit but faux news is at the very least just as shitty as CNN.

That is why the extent of my news is generally from here and sometimes online articles that originate from a variety of news sources

It is all shit but faux news is at the very least just as shitty as CNN.

That is why the extent of my news is generally from here and sometimes online articles that originate from a variety of news sources

I don't read or watch any of it. If I hear a topic people are talking about at work or wherever, and it piques my interest I'll look in to it.

Honestly, good for you if you don't. Although internet forums aren't the best source for news it has to be a step above mainstream garbage.

I don't read or watch any of it. If I hear a topic people are talking about at work or wherever, and it piques my interest I'll look in to it.

Honestly, good for you if you don't. Although internet forums aren't the best source for news it has to be a step above mainstream garbage.
I take everything on here with a huge grain of salt. More of a notice of what is being said. Most are just regurgitating the news media

I consider myself an independend, probably leaning a bit more to the right fiscally and left socially. And i just want a president that is 1) young enough to do the job and 2) not insane with a campaign almost completely based on fear, aggrievement and revenge. Is that too much to ask? Apparently.

For Biden, i think he’s done some good and some bad, like virtually every president we’ve had, republican or democrat. He’s not nearly as horrible as virtually every republican thinks, nor is he as great (or even as good) as most democrats think. I also think the guy is one slip away from a coma or cold away from, well, death.

As far as Trump goes, outside of his whole fear/revenge driven campaign philosophy i find repugnant, i just don’t understand how anyone can vote for that guy at this point given all the horrific things that his own people in his administration have said about him after they leave. The latest I’ve seen being this from his longest running chief of staff:

How is this not automatically disqualifying? It used to be. Now, Trump supporters either aren’t even aware of this stuff because they only watch Fox (ie my parents), or any negative news on the guy they just shrug off as a lie. That dynamic of completely dismissing or not being aware of anything negative about “my guy” is one of the things that scares the crap out of me about this country lately. And i only see it getting worse, not better.

Reactions: outside shooter
fetterman said newsom is running for president right now but doesn't have the balls to announce it. fetterman is probably jealous. newsom wears impeccably fitting bespoke suits. imagine the appearance he'd cut on stage next to trump's mess
Trump would beat him with his eyes closed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT