ADVERTISEMENT

A Tale of Two (four) Presidents....

We right wingers have a hard time not falling for this. We're so desperate to bring a celebrity to our side that it blinds us.

Rappaport was a blowhard before saying shit like this and he's a blowhard now.

Kanye was off his rocker before he put on the MAGA hat and he's off his rocker now.

So if our position is going to be "who cares what stupid celebrities have to say?". And I believe that position to be the correct position when referencing celebrities re: politics.

Let's not broadcast celebrities when they start saying things we view as in our favor.
Bill Maher being a prime example.

Bill Maher being a prime example.
He's still a blind leftist on so many (most) issues. He had that POS Kara Swisher on the other night and was agreeing with her the whole time.

Maher is not quite what I'm talking about though as political commentary is kind of his job. I'm talking about people who are famous through other means commenting on politics.

President Joe Biden and two other former presidents descended on Manhattan today for what was the party of the year! At Radio City Music Hall, Biden threw a campaign fundraiser featuring special guests such as Lizzo and Stephen Colbert. The event shattered fundraising records bringing in over 25 million dollars! For the the low, low price of $100K you could even have your picture taken with all three presidents (Obama, Clinton, Biden). What a steal! I'm sure this was a cant miss event.

Meanwhile, former President Trump also made a trip to the NYC area today. Not Manhattan; Long Island. He was attending the Wake of slain NYPD officer Jonathan Diller. The first NYPD officer killed in the line of duty since 2022. Diller was killed by a 21 time arrested, career criminal who had a shank in his rectum when he was ultimately picked up by police, planning for his next stay in prison.

Our other three Presidents, past and present, will not be attending the Wake or funeral. President Biden plans to visit Baltimore, but has not yet. He can be forgiven, it is a full 1 hour by car from the White House.
"Meanwhile, former President Trump also made a trip to the NYC area today. Not Manhattan; Long Island. He was attending the Wake of slain NYPD officer Jonathan Diller. The first NYPD officer killed in the line of duty since 2022. Diller was killed by a 21 time arrested, career criminal who had a shank in his rectum when he was ultimately picked up by police, planning for his next stay in prison.

Our other three Presidents, past and present, will not be attending the Wake or funeral. President Biden plans to visit Baltimore, but has not yet. He can be forgiven, it is a full 1 hour by car from the White House."

So was your objective to make the most stupid and meaningless post ever, because if so you came pretty close...

So that brings to ONE, I repeat ONE funeral Trump has attended for a cop killed in the line of duty since 2018...

Why do you imagine that is? So from at least 2018 thru 2020 190 officers died from gunshots. Guess how many of THOSE funerals Rump attended? The answer as anyone with a brain knows is ZERO...

So from 2018 thru 2020 (Under Trump) 197 officers were killed by gunfire. And from 2021-2023 under Biden 187 officers were killed by gunfire. I took 3 years for both, didn't count 2017 against Trump and we don't know about 2024.

But we do know that Trump attended ZERO officers funerals while he was POTUS, but of course made sure to try and score political points with the cult by attending THIS particular funeral. In all honesty Trump attending zero funerals while he was POTUS isn't unusual. It's not something that a POTUS usually does. Which is why Biden not attending any officer funerals during his Presidency (just like Trump) is not nearly as big a deal as Fox would have the ignorant believe...

But here's my question... In the final two years of Trump's presidency 96 of those shooting deaths for officers were in Texas, with NY having 68. And in the years 2021-2022 (under Biden) Texas again led with 139 and FL had 60...In fact in the single year of 2021 FL had 60 deaths, and that was just 8 less than the NY total of 68 from 2018-2020.

"2018
The Officer Down Memorial Page reports 150 deaths in the line of duty.[22] The National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund counted 144 federal, state, local, tribal and territorial officers killed. The FBI, however, reported 106 deaths in the line of duty.[23] Firearms-related fatalities were the leading cause of officer deaths for the year.[24]

2019[edit]​

The Officer Down Memorial Page reports 150 deaths in the line of duty.[25] The leading cause of death for 2019 was gunfire at 49 deaths followed by 9/11-related cancers at 24 deaths. The state with the highest number of line-of-duty deaths was New York with 25 followed by Texas with 18.

2020[edit]​

The Officer Down Memorial Page reports 436 deaths in the line of duty.[26] The leading cause of death for 2020 was COVID-19 at 281 deaths followed by gunfire at 46 deaths and 9/11-related cancers with 35 deaths. The state with the largest number of line-of-duty deaths was Texas with 78 followed by New York with 43.

2021[edit]​

The Officer Down Memorial Page reports 633 deaths in the line of duty.[27] The leading cause of death for 2021 was COVID-19 at 454 deaths followed by gunfire at 64 deaths. Fifty-eight officers died in vehicle-related deaths (vehicular homicide, struck by vehicle while on-duty, automobile crash during pursuit). The state with the highest number of line-of-duty deaths was Texas with 107 followed by Florida with 60.

2022[edit]​

The Officer Down Memorial Page reports 230 deaths in the line of duty.[28] The leading cause of death for 2022 was COVID-19 at 74 deaths followed by gunfire at 60 deaths. The state with the highest number of line-of-duty deaths was Texas with 32."

So why do states like TX and FL lead the nation nearly every year in officer shootings? No mention of anti-gun bastions like CA or DC, but in the Biden years it's TX and FL leading the way. Why would you say that is?

"Meanwhile, former President Trump also made a trip to the NYC area today. Not Manhattan; Long Island. He was attending the Wake of slain NYPD officer Jonathan Diller. The first NYPD officer killed in the line of duty since 2022. Diller was killed by a 21 time arrested, career criminal who had a shank in his rectum when he was ultimately picked up by police, planning for his next stay in prison.

Our other three Presidents, past and present, will not be attending the Wake or funeral. President Biden plans to visit Baltimore, but has not yet. He can be forgiven, it is a full 1 hour by car from the White House."

So was your objective to make the most stupid and meaningless post ever, because if so you came pretty close...

So that brings to ONE, I repeat ONE funeral Trump has attended for a cop killed in the line of duty since 2018...

Why do you imagine that is? So from at least 2018 thru 2020 190 officers died from gunshots. Guess how many of THOSE funerals Rump attended? The answer as anyone with a brain knows is ZERO...

So from 2018 thru 2020 (Under Trump) 197 officers were killed by gunfire. And from 2021-2023 under Biden 187 officers were killed by gunfire. I took 3 years for both, didn't count 2017 against Trump and we don't know about 2024.

But we do know that Trump attended ZERO officers funerals while he was POTUS, but of course made sure to try and score political points with the cult by attending THIS particular funeral. In all honesty Trump attending zero funerals while he was POTUS isn't unusual. It's not something that a POTUS usually does. Which is why Biden not attending any officer funerals during his Presidency (just like Trump) is not nearly as big a deal as Fox would have the ignorant believe...

But here's my question... In the final two years of Trump's presidency 96 of those shooting deaths for officers were in Texas, with NY having 68. And in the years 2021-2022 (under Biden) Texas again led with 139 and FL had 60...In fact in the single year of 2021 FL had 60 deaths, and that was just 8 less than the NY total of 68 from 2018-2020.

"2018
The Officer Down Memorial Page reports 150 deaths in the line of duty.[22] The National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund counted 144 federal, state, local, tribal and territorial officers killed. The FBI, however, reported 106 deaths in the line of duty.[23] Firearms-related fatalities were the leading cause of officer deaths for the year.[24]

2019[edit]​

The Officer Down Memorial Page reports 150 deaths in the line of duty.[25] The leading cause of death for 2019 was gunfire at 49 deaths followed by 9/11-related cancers at 24 deaths. The state with the highest number of line-of-duty deaths was New York with 25 followed by Texas with 18.

2020[edit]​

The Officer Down Memorial Page reports 436 deaths in the line of duty.[26] The leading cause of death for 2020 was COVID-19 at 281 deaths followed by gunfire at 46 deaths and 9/11-related cancers with 35 deaths. The state with the largest number of line-of-duty deaths was Texas with 78 followed by New York with 43.

2021[edit]​

The Officer Down Memorial Page reports 633 deaths in the line of duty.[27] The leading cause of death for 2021 was COVID-19 at 454 deaths followed by gunfire at 64 deaths. Fifty-eight officers died in vehicle-related deaths (vehicular homicide, struck by vehicle while on-duty, automobile crash during pursuit). The state with the highest number of line-of-duty deaths was Texas with 107 followed by Florida with 60.

2022[edit]​

The Officer Down Memorial Page reports 230 deaths in the line of duty.[28] The leading cause of death for 2022 was COVID-19 at 74 deaths followed by gunfire at 60 deaths. The state with the highest number of line-of-duty deaths was Texas with 32."

So why do states like TX and FL lead the nation nearly every year in officer shootings? No mention of anti-gun bastions like CA or DC, but in the Biden years it's TX and FL leading the way. Why would you say that is?
I don't know the answer to your last question, but I could hazard a theory:

officer gun deaths might be proportional to police interactions with the public. More active police, or more lax rules that allow police to interact with the public in more dangerous areas, would drive up the number of interactions and therefore officer gun deaths.

Another theory might be that Texas and Florida have hotter climates than CA and NY.

Do you have better data or theories that control for these two variables?

Reactions: mcmurtry66

officer gun deaths might be proportional to police interactions with the public. More active police, or more lax rules that allow police to interact with the public in more dangerous areas, would drive up the number of interactions and therefore officer gun deaths.

Another theory might be that Texas and Florida have hotter climates than CA and NY.

I know the answer many will give (you can get a gun anywhere), but lax gunlaws have been a thing in those states (I only looked up Texas)

California also has some of the most strict gun control laws in the nation

I'd say it's the respective gun laws and the states that advocate for open carry vs states that have more restrictions. But that's just me and I haven't examined the "climate theory" in depth...

Apologies to Baller 23, as I didn't mean to steal his thunder. I just hit reply on Brad's post without reading any subsequent posts prior to responding. But I thought my point was fairly obvious in my initial response to farva...

I kinda thought I was asking farva a rhetorical question. I was just curious if he'd respond...

Last edited:

Warm weather more criminal activity

Reactions: DANC
I'd say it's the respective gun laws and the states that advocate for open carry vs states that have more restrictions. But that's just me and I haven't examined the "climate theory" in depth...

Apologies to Baller 23, as I didn't mean to steal his thunder. I just hit reply on Brad's post without reading any subsequent posts prior to responding. But I thought my point was fairly obvious in my initial response to farva...

I kinda thought I was asking farva a rhetorical question. I was just curious if he'd respond...
But are the people getting open carry licenses the ones doing the killing of police officers?

Aren't most open carry laws just that? Open carry, no license required? Some constitutional carry kind of shit?
I don't know. I thought you needed a license. In Illinois, you need one for conceal carry, need to take some safety classes. etc. In Texas, it looks like they have a license that allows you to do more than the normal open carry. There are restrictions on people who cannot open carry, but I'm not sure they have an actual license or card for it like in Illinois.

I'm fairly ignorant of guns and gun laws.

I don't know. I thought you needed a license. In Illinois, you need one for conceal carry, need to take some safety classes. etc. In Texas, it looks like they have a license that allows you to do more than the normal open carry. There are restrictions on people who cannot open carry, but I'm not sure they have an actual license or card for it like in Illinois.

No licenses are issued... only background checks, but those aren't always foolproof with the way the laws are written.

Reactions: BradStevens
No licenses are issued... only background checks, but those aren't always foolproof with the way the laws are written.

Background check at retail purchase, right? But nothing in a private sale, right? So any clown can buy a gun and open carry, and law enforcement can't use the gun possession as probable cause to stop or question, right?

Background check at retail purchase, right? But nothing in a private sale, right? So any clown can buy a gun and open carry, and law enforcement can't use the gun possession as probable cause to stop or question, right?

As far as I know, that is correct.

The fact that Illinois has requirements that places like TX and FL don't is kind of the point. TX has more gun owners than anywhere else because they have the laxest (basically non-existant) gun restrictions. So in a general sense LEOs in TX are going to encounter more armed people...

But it can't be a coincidence that Texas regularly leads the nation in officers killed by shootings. If the argument is that only "bad" people shoot cops in Texas, then that has to be true everywhere else as well.

So the problem has to be either that Texas has more "bad people" or that some of the fatalities among LEOs in Texas shootings have to involve "good people" who should not have access to a firearm.Imho, that is the causal relationship between lax laws and LEO shootings...

CA has 9 Million mnore people than TX, so by population CA should have more LEO shootings. But that is not the case, because CA has more stringent gun laws, and doesn't allow open carry. So cops in CA do not run as high of a risk of encountering someone who is armed as they do in Texas.

I'm not a statistician, but there has to be some correlation between Texas's gun laws and the fact that Texas leads the country in LEO shooting fatalities annually... Is it a worthwhile trade off? The NRA and other 2nd Amendment enthusiasts say yes. Others would disagree...

The fact that Illinois has requirements that places like TX and FL don't is kind of the point. TX has more gun owners than anywhere else because they have the laxest (basically non-existant) gun restrictions. So in a general sense LEOs in TX are going to encounter more armed people...

But it can't be a coincidence that Texas regularly leads the nation in officers killed by shootings. If the argument is that only "bad" people shoot cops in Texas, then that has to be true everywhere else as well.

So the problem has to be either that Texas has more "bad people" or that some of the fatalities among LEOs in Texas shootings have to involve "good people" who should not have access to a firearm.Imho, that is the causal relationship between lax laws and LEO shootings...

CA has 9 Million mnore people than TX, so by population CA should have more LEO shootings. But that is not the case, because CA has more stringent gun laws, and doesn't allow open carry. So cops in CA do not run as high of a risk of encountering someone who is armed as they do in Texas.

I'm not a statistician, but there has to be some correlation between Texas's gun laws and the fact that Texas leads the country in LEO shooting fatalities annually... Is it a worthwhile trade off? The NRA and other 2nd Amendment enthusiasts say yes. Others would disagree...
No, it doesn't. I gave you reasons why it doesn't have to be those things. It might be, but it is not logically required and we don't have the evidence to support it.

Let me give you another example: if in the state of Illinois, Chicago has more restrictive gun laws than the rest of the state, then your theory would mean there must be fewer police shootings there. I'm not sure that's true empirically, but know that it is not logically required.

This issue is much more complex than you believe.

No, it doesn't. I gave you reasons why it doesn't have to be those things. It might be, but it is not logically required and we don't have the evidence to support it.

Let me give you another example: if in the state of Illinois, Chicago has more restrictive gun laws than the rest of the state, then your theory would mean there must be fewer police shootings there. I'm not sure that's true empirically, but know that it is not logically required.

This issue is much more complex than you believe.
My personal opinion is that gun laws don't do squat. Criminals gonna criminal and strict gun laws restrict honest citizens from owning them.

But the socio-economic makeup of the population absolutely does affect the number of police shootings.

I'm simply worried that when Trump declares a police state, guys like me that own registered guns, and voted for someone else, are the first ones that'll be rounded up...like in Germany and stuff.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC

It's the migrants, stupid.

I'm simply worried that when Trump declares a police state, guys like me that own registered guns, and voted for someone else, are the first ones that'll be rounded up...like in Germany and stuff.
Voted for someone other than Trump?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT