ADVERTISEMENT

For those who asked about what Trump did.

In the history books Trump will be remembered as the guy who tried to steal an election. Also the guy who encouraged the masses to kill his vice president.
Lies.

He'll be remembered for the attempted FBI coup against him, 4 years without getting involved in another war, low interest rates, high growth, low unemployment, low energy prices, and for being blamed by simpletons for a virus unleashed on the world by China.

Lies.

He'll be remembered for the attempted FBI coup against him, 4 years without getting involved in another war, low interest rates, high growth, low unemployment, low energy prices, and for being blamed by simpletons for a virus unleashed on the world by China.
I'm pretty sure we are WAY past calling it an attempted Coup.

Lies.

DANC, agree with you when you point out the Trump years experienced the following, "4 years without getting involved in another war, low interest rates, high growth, low unemployment, low energy prices".

However, all the above occurred previously under other presidents.

To be remembered in say the history books shouldn't we look for events which are both unique to Trump and happened because of Trump ? In line with the above, I offer up the following,

Reshaping the judiciary with many appointments recommended mainly by the Federalist Society.

Putting democracy to the test by insisting his reelection attempt was stolen.

Establishing a relationship with the alt-right as an influential arm in addition to the Republican party establishment,'

Preferring a more inward America first policy of his own making while somewhat ignoring traditional global leadership allies.

DANC, agree with you when you point out the Trump years experienced the following, "4 years without getting involved in another war, low interest rates, high growth, low unemployment, low energy prices".

To be remembered in say the history books shouldn't we look for events which are both unique to Trump and happened because of Trump ? In line with the above, I offer up the following,

Reshaping the judiciary with many appointments recommended mainly by the Federalist Society.

Establishing a relationship with the alt-right as an influential arm in addition to the Republican party establishment,'

Preferring a more inward America first policy of his own making while somewhat ignoring traditional global leadership allies.
I have a question and I know you can only give me your opinion. Would Trump had made the Griner trade the way Biden did?

I have a question and I know you can only give me your opinion. Would Trump had made the Griner trade the way Biden did?

Is every future president going to have ask themselves what the worst president in US history would do in their situation? I understand the whole "What would Jesus do?" but not the "What would Trump do?"

I think what Trump now says he would do may not actually line up to what he actually would have done. He's not exactly an unbiased observer and would think it is safe to say that he would like nothing more than to make Biden look bad.

We have no clue what Russia was actually willing to do in a prisoner swap. From outside appearances, it would appear Griner received preferential treatment given other American prisoners being in jail longer with similar level offenses. We can all argue the reasoning for going with Griner (which we may never know the actual reasoning).

I would guess it helped Griner's case by being put in the spotlight by the media and by being a high profile athlete. The other prisoners being held in Russia were not widely discussed prior to Griner's release. Of course, it would be nice if that didn't matter but publicity has sway.

That's quite a sanitized version of what actually occurred. Here's a more accurate description.

Taking a sledgehammer to democracy by arguing, before a single vote was cast, that the only way he could lose was if the election was stolen from him, by repeatedly lying after he lost that the election was stolen from him, by pressuring state election officials to overturn the election results, by pressuring his Vice President to ignore his constitutional responsibilities and stop the electoral vote certification on Jan 6, by whipping a mob into a frenzy ("you have to fight like hell or you're not going to have a country anymore") that resulted in the first breach of the United States Capitol since the War of 1812 and by still insisting, over two years after his election loss, that he's entitled to either: 1) a do-over election; or) reinstatement as president.

Embracing far-right radicals with comments like "very fine people - - on both sides" and "stand back and stand by," by giving oxygen to baseless conspiracy theories promulgated by Q-Anon and other extremists, and by hosting antisemites like Kanye and Fuentes.
Sucking up to despots and dictators, while ridiculing and alienating longstanding American allies.

I'm pretty sure we are WAY past calling it an attempted Coup.
Rarely do I agree with you... But with the release of the Meadows texts, it has become obvious how the Trump Admin basically engaged in a coup to try and retain power and thwart a democratic election. True it's basically the "gang that couldn't shoot straight" but the intent to subvert the Democratic process of elections was undeniably there...

Trump has declared recently he wouldn't have traded Bout for Whelan, so a person might assume he wouldn't have traded Griner for Bout.

People who have worked closely with Trump such as John Bolton have written Trump is hard to predict and often changes his mind. Given this, who am I to offer an opinion on what Trump would have done in respect to a Griner/Bout trade.

Who knows and who cares, but he should shut the hell up about it and any mention of Paul Whelan.

"My brother pleaded from his prison for President Trump to tweet about him during President Trump's term in office, and President Trump didn't," David Whelan said on Cavuto Live Saturday. "And now to talk about Paul at all, it's really offensive."

Trump calls the military suckers and chumps. No way he'd try to free Whelan. No way he'd try to free Griner, unless a poll of his base wanted it done.

Reactions: 82hoosier
That's quite a sanitized version of what actually occurred. Here's a more accurate description.

Taking a sledgehammer to democracy by arguing, before a single vote was cast, that the only way he could lose was if the election was stolen from him, by repeatedly lying after he lost that the election was stolen from him, by pressuring state election officials to overturn the election results, by pressuring his Vice President to ignore his constitutional responsibilities and stop the electoral vote certification on Jan 6, by whipping a mob into a frenzy ("you have to fight like hell or you're not going to have a country anymore") that resulted in the first breach of the United States Capitol since the War of 1812 and by still insisting, over two years after his election loss, that he's entitled to either: 1) a do-over election; or) reinstatement as president.

Embracing far-right radicals with comments like "very fine people - - on both sides" and "stand back and stand by," by giving oxygen to baseless conspiracy theories promulgated by Q-Anon and other extremists, and by hosting antisemites like Kanye and Fuentes.

Sucking up to despots and dictators, while ridiculing and alienating longstanding American allies.
Bowlmania, you would give a Hell of a football halftime speech to the team.

In comparison I would be more like my high school football coach who deplored us at halftime to "Knock the puddin out of them".

Trump is consistently ranked 43rd or 44th worst ranked Prez with Andrew Johnson being ranked the worst. With recent news how he and fellow Republicans tried to overturn the 2020 election by alternate electors, Marshall Law, etc.... I would think he would drop to last on the list. As well, his supporters are starting to dwindle, and I would think by 2024 he will become irrelevant. Trump was an embarrassment.

Which Presidents can claim all those things?

But so what if they did. I'm replying to someone who thinks Trump was a disaster. If he's a disaster, then every other President we've had has been a disaster, if you want to play that game.

Reshaping the judiciary? Yeah, elections have consequences. I believe Obama said that.

Putting democracy to the test? By questioning an election and encouraging the legislature to vote a certain way? Doesn't the Constitution allow that? Did he declare martial law to stay in power? No, he didn't. Democracy was not 'put to the test' - that is a big lie that was repeated enough to become a fact in some minds.

Establishing a relationship with the alt-right? Please explain. Do you mean alt-right people voted for him? Do leftists vote for Democrats? Does Biden have a relationship with Antifa?

"Preferring a more inward America first policy of his own making while somewhat ignoring traditional global leadership allies." Again, please explain. How is putting America first an 'inward.... policy"? What 'traditional global leadership allies' did he ignore? That's just gobble-dee-gook. Asking NATO to contribute more to its own defense is not 'ignoring' anything.

Maybe you didn't like the fact he brought an end to the Afghan war?

Trump is consistently ranked 43rd or 44th worst ranked Prez with Andrew Johnson being ranked the worst. With recent news how he and fellow Republicans tried to overturn the 2020 election by alternate electors, Marshall Law, etc.... I would think he would drop to last on the list. As well, his supporters are starting to dwindle, and I would think by 2024 he will become irrelevant. Trump was an embarrassment.
Maybe you shouldn't get your opinion exclusively from MSNBC. And don't say you don't watch it, like the other dupes here to when caught repeating their narrative.

Marshall law

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
Marshall law
images

Maybe you shouldn't get your opinion exclusively from MSNBC. And don't say you don't watch it, like the other dupes here to when caught repeating their narrative.
I would gladly list 5 sources. No, make that 10 sources. I challenge you to find a ranking that has your Cult Leader below 41st worst all time Prez. No Fox or Brietbart rankings....

Which Presidents can claim all those things?

But so what if they did. I'm replying to someone who thinks Trump was a disaster. If he's a disaster, then every other President we've had has been a disaster, if you want to play that game.

Reshaping the judiciary? Yeah, elections have consequences. I believe Obama said that.

Putting democracy to the test? By questioning an election and encouraging the legislature to vote a certain way? Doesn't the Constitution allow that? Did he declare martial law to stay in power? No, he didn't. Democracy was not 'put to the test' - that is a big lie that was repeated enough to become a fact in some minds.

Establishing a relationship with the alt-right? Please explain. Do you mean alt-right people voted for him? Do leftists vote for Democrats? Does Biden have a relationship with Antifa?

"Preferring a more inward America first policy of his own making while somewhat ignoring traditional global leadership allies." Again, please explain. How is putting America first an 'inward.... policy"? What 'traditional global leadership allies' did he ignore? That's just gobble-dee-gook. Asking NATO to contribute more to its own defense is not 'ignoring' anything.

Maybe you didn't like the fact he brought an end to the Afghan war?
You responded to a post about what Trump would be remembered for. Presidents aren't remembered for economic indicators, unless they are outrageously abnormal (e.g., Hoover). They are remembered for what was unique about their administration. Trump will be remembered for subverting democracy and for Jan. 6. And Covid.

Better than the All Time top 3 Presidents? 20 rankings by credible sources? Blaaaahahahaaaahahahaaaaaaaaa. You are a true MAGA Trumpster. I am confident you attended more than a few MAGA Rally's .
Actually not a one, but I’ll tell you. I was within a 20 minute decision of being at the capital on 06jan. I’d have never went in, that was all FBI, CIA inspired. It was well discussed before hand.
Now how many pussy hats did you knit? Any one of them you preferr over the others? And why is that one special to you?

Actually not a one, but I’ll tell you. I was within a 20 minute decision of being at the capital on 06jan. I’d have never went in, that was all FBI, CIA inspired. It was well discussed before hand.
Now how many pussy hats did you knit? Any one of them you preferr over the others? And why is that one special to you?
This is too funny. "20 minutes from being at the Capital on Jan 6th"? I take it you thought the Election was stolen as well. Hugo Sanchez infiltrated the voting machines. Dead people voting. Italian Satellites changing votes......too funny!

Better than the All Time top 3 Presidents? 20 rankings by credible sources? Blaaaahahahaaaahahahaaaaaaaaa. You are a true MAGA Trumpster. I am confident you attended more than a few MAGA Rally's .
It's hard to believe that there are still people not only defending that corrupt, destructive, anti-democratic POS, but actually arguing that he was a great president. The cult is alive and well.

Couldn’t have said it better but there’s lots more to go along with your list. My favorite is when he asked the Sec Def if we couldn’t just shoot the peaceful protesters in the legs when they had gathered in the park near the White House. Doesn’t get anymore presidential than that.

Reactions: Bowlmania
Peaceful protestors. Ok
Guarantee u don’t even know when and where it happened. Police cleared the area with tear gas so orange Jesus could do a photo op at St John’s church where he held his sacred bible upside down.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
You responded to a post about what Trump would be remembered for. Presidents aren't remembered for economic indicators, unless they are outrageously abnormal (e.g., Hoover). They are remembered for what was unique about their administration. Trump will be remembered for subverting democracy and for Jan. 6. And Covid.
Throw in the unprecedented corruption, rampant dishonesty, and general douchebaggery and you'll have it covered.

Throw in the unprecedented corruption, rampant dishonesty, and general douchebaggery and you'll have it covered.
I think those will get buried by the unrelenting power of time and distance. But the Capitol being breached - that will be in history books forever. "I just want to find 11,780 votes" will never go away.

Rarely do I agree with you... But with the release of the Meadows texts, it has become obvious how the Trump Admin basically engaged in a coup to try and retain power and thwart a democratic election. True it's basically the "gang that couldn't shoot straight" but the intent to subvert the Democratic process of elections was undeniably there...

As much as it pains me to say this, I've yet to see any reporting that shows that Meadows responded favorably (if at all) to any of the texts he received from all these kooks. I'd love to be corrected, but so far all I can see he may be guilty of is belonging to a party that is full of raving lunatics who wanted his attention.

Couldn’t have said it better but there’s lots more to go along with your list. My favorite is when he asked the Sec Def if we couldn’t just shoot the peaceful protesters in the legs when they had gathered in the park near the White House. Doesn’t get anymore presidential than that.
How about his visit to Arlington National Cemetery on Memorial Day 2017 with Gen. John Kelly, his then Chief of Staff. Standing near the grave of Kelly's son, who died in combat, the Commander-in-Chief commented, "I don't get it. What was in it for them?"

Guarantee u don’t even know when and where it happened. Police cleared the area with tear gas so orange Jesus could do a photo op at St John’s church where he held his sacred bible upside down.
If it makes you feel better, you’re right.
All Hale orange jesus! All !

Reactions: NOT joe_hoopsier
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT