ADVERTISEMENT

"I view myself as a bridge"

I'm talking about his viability as a presidential candidate given the current, post-October 7 climate. It's a hot mess.
That's what's wrong. Too concerned about a sliver of the public rather than appealing to the largely silent majority. Talk jobs and health care and common sense on the border and in foreign affairs. That's what wins, not identity politics and grievances. 2016 proved that.

That's what's wrong. Too concerned about a sliver of the public rather than appealing to the largely silent majority. Talk jobs and health care and common sense on the border and in foreign affairs. That's what wins, not identity politics and grievances. 2016 proved that.
I just want a winner, Mark, someone who can kick Trump's sorry ass to the curb. If it's Shapiro, bring him on. I just have my doubts. The Dems are divided on Israel, and there is anti-semitism in both parties.

Reactions: UncleMark
There are a number of threads addressing that. Some of Trump's top advisers have already publicly laid out plans for another Trump presidency. It's no mystery, and it's not pretty.
giphy.gif

Reactions: jet812
Then offer me a better choice. Just because you insist that Harris is smart, virtuous, and capable doesn't mean I think that. Just putting someone out there with a "Not Trump" hat isn't going to get me off the couch.

Besides, I live in Indiana. My vote isn't tipping any elections.
Hank so do I, IN is a gop state. but isnt it about time we elect someone honest with good character who could do the job.

There are a number of threads addressing that. Some of Trump's top advisers have already publicly laid out plans for another Trump presidency. It's no mystery, and it's not pretty.
He would send the SF after his enemies. He would become a dictator. It would be the end of democracy. Fascism rules.

Hank so do I, IN is a gop state. but isnt it about time we elect someone honest with good character who could do the job.

Your mistake is assuming that just because you see the Biden/Harris choice as fitting that criteria that it somehow means that I see it the same way. I do not.

If I stay home, or vote for a Libertarian whack job as I've done in the past, you'll insist that it's a vote for Trump. At the same time my Trump-loving brother-in-law will insist that the same action (or inaction) is a vote for Biden. But neither one of you have my vote so my lack of voting isn't an implied vote for either candidate.

It absolutely can happen. He can even drop out at the convention. The convention delegates will determine a nominee. That’s their purpose and it will happen even if they select someone who wasn’t in any primaries.
Yeah - I recently heard someone say that LBJ stepped down in March of an election year. The Dems didn’t win that election, but very likely would have if RFK hadn’t been assassinated.

Yeah - I recently heard someone say that LBJ stepped down in March of an election year. The Dems didn’t win that election, but very likely would have if RFK hadn’t been assassinated.
It's possible that RFK would have won, but we'll never know. Nixon won in a landslide. Twice.

Reactions: Ohio Guy
Your mistake is assuming that just because you see the Biden/Harris choice as fitting that criteria that it somehow means that I see it the same way. I do not.

If I stay home, or vote for a Libertarian whack job as I've done in the past, you'll insist that it's a vote for Trump. At the same time my Trump-loving brother-in-law will insist that the same action (or inaction) is a vote for Biden. But neither one of you have my vote so my lack of voting isn't an implied vote for either candidate.
your vote is your own, if you stay at home and do not vote. its like voting for trump. Biden needs every vote , i will say this the trump vote is very energize because they believe we stole the last vote.

Absolutely nothing. It’ll be like 2017. He’ll golf and do the bare minimum
Rubbish. 4 more years of appointing judges and possibly more Supreme Court judges. 4 more years of lying to the people, waking up every day to see what stupid shit he has done, absolutely no safeguards since he won’t be trying to win another election, but Lord knows he might just appoint himself dictator for life, being surrounded by absolute idiots because no one wants to work for him who is decent, moral , or intelligent. 4 years of a revenge tour of everyone who he feels has slighted him in the last four years and more. So much more.

Rubbish. 4 more years of appointing judges and possibly more Supreme Court judges. 4 more years of lying to the people, waking up every day to see what stupid shit he has done, absolutely no safeguards since he won’t be trying to win another election, but Lord knows he might just appoint himself dictator for life, being surrounded by absolute idiots because no one wants to work for him who is decent, moral , or intelligent. 4 years of a revenge tour of everyone who he feels has slighted him in the last four years and more. So much more.
No judges could be as bad as Biden’s. Can’t define a woman. Biden’s world leads to the Ivy League presidents reduced to gibberish for fear of not being perfectly pc. Nothing is worse than biden world. Nothing

Sounds horrible.

Will gas, and literally everything, be somewhat affordable?

Will we have to worry about some third world shitholes starting WW3 because our CIC was mentally incapacitated?

2019 was glorious compared to the current shitlib created depression.

Reactions: 76-1
No judges could be as bad as Biden’s. Can’t define a woman. Biden’s world leads to the Ivy League presidents reduced to gibberish for fear of not being perfectly pc. Nothing is worse than biden world. Nothing
You do not speak the truth

Reactions: mcmurtry66
In early March 2020, at a campaign stop in Michigan, Biden commented, "I view myself as a bridge, not as anything else," and then referenced a new generation of leaders that was waiting in the wings. That's not an explicit declaration of a one-term presidency, but it's pretty darned close. I think most people assumed he'd be one (term) and done.

I just checked out a thread from two years ago where I predicted that Biden wouldn't run for reelection, that there would be a crowded and competitive field of Dem candidates, and that Harris would not emerge as the nominee. That wasn't a particularly bold prediction, and there was plenty of agreement.

In accordance with his March 2020 vision, Biden needs to end his campaign for reelection and let a new generation take over. It's pretty late in the game, I think they have to nominate someone other than Harris (because I don't think she can beat Trump) and that may not pretty, I'm not sure how they get to a consensus candidate, but they've got to figure out a way. As someone said last night, this is politics and they can make up or change the rules as they go along.

I believe Whitmer, governor of a key state, would beat Trump. I think Kelly, Senator from a key state, would beat Trump. There are other candidates as well who would destroy him on a debate stage and beat him in November. Gotta get moving, Dems.

I keep holding out hope that Haley can be the nominee. But I am also an IU football season ticket holder.

Is comfort how you pick a president? I use qualification and character. You are though most people do not like her hence the bad polling. She suffer from missteps in the beginning, but has done well since.

She's a moron. Not they it's a stumbling block to being President based upon our last couple

She's a moron. Not they it's a stumbling block to being President based upon our last couple
Why is she Harris a moron, she is not a rapist, insurrectionist, racist, and trying to be a wanna-be dictator now trump is a moron.

It's possible that RFK would have won, but we'll never know. Nixon won in a landslide. Twice.
. . . and resigned in his second term because he couldn't help himself in the second election.

Kinda eerie about how history repeats itself, huh? Of course Trump didn't resign . . . he doesn't have the decency for that. I'm talking about the presumption of GOP election wins . . . If they'd only learn to be patient, instead of wanting power right now . . . .

This is the real issue. People would feel better voting for Biden if there was a capable VP in place that voters felt comfortable with as President. This insistence on a symbolic VP pick backs them into a corner.
I dunno . . . seems to me we all do a lot of bitching about the other party . . . I guess because negative campaigning works . . . what I'd like is for someone to put a "I'm for" message out there, instead of relying on solely an "I'm not X" message.

God forbid that I ever become a Reagan fan, but his campaign at least had an "I'm for tax cuts" and "it's morning in America" messages. People could vote whether they wanted that. As it currently is we've got nothing to vote for.

I dunno . . . seems to me we all do a lot of bitching about the other party . . . I guess because negative campaigning works . . . what I'd like is for someone to put a "I'm for" message out there, instead of relying on solely an "I'm not X" message.

God forbid that I ever become a Reagan fan, but his campaign at least had an "I'm for tax cuts" and "it's morning in America" messages. People could vote whether they wanted that. As it currently is we've got nothing to vote for.
What is wrong with VP Harris?

The market likes a independent judiciary. I think things change once Trump gets the nomination.

I didn't think we would elect a black President in 2008 either, and freaking Indiana went for Obama. I get a lot of Obama vibes from Shapiro, and don't think him being Jewish would matter to any extent.
Indiana, and other states, went for Obama because the notion of first black president in US history was viewed as a novelty. The next black candidate will have a rougher go at it, novelty having worn off. Similarly, Kennedy got a lot of extra votes just for eating fish on Fridays.

Reactions: Willdog7
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT