ADVERTISEMENT

Hindsight being 20/20 and all...

You guys feeling better?

I'm good. Wife still is in bed like she got hit by a mack truck.

She's been down since Friday, so she's on day four. I was at least functioning... this is hitting her a lot harder then myself.

How about you and the fam?

Given we don't know what would be different had Trump been elected in 2020, it is impossible to judge whether our future would look brighter if he had been elected.

If Trump had been elected would the following have occurred ? Prices went down and wages increased as the GDP grew at 5%. The Hamas and Israel conflict never occurred. Refugees coming to our Southern border came to a halt as Mexico, Central America, and South America became safe and prosperous places to live.

Polls taken in 2024 showed Trump with a 90% approval rating with 85% of Democrats and Independents agreeing with 95% of the Republicans. Even Putin is impressed.

There is a movement to amend the Constitution so Trump can run again. Charles Schumer and Liz Cheney are leading the campaign.

It's Trumpers like you that make the world horrible for progressives like me...
th_coffee.gif

• Haha
Reactions: BradStevens
I'm good. Wife still is in bed like she got hit by a mack truck.

She's been down since Friday, so she's on day four. I was at least functioning... this is hitting her a lot harder then myself.

How about you and the fam?
day four in bed!! damn that is indeed miserable. you must be high energy to keep it all going. i'm sick but functioning. kids are off to school and monday - wednesday are my current days off from them so i am relieved.

Last edited:
Reactions: Baller23Boogie
You're focusing on the wrong part of the post.
Maybe I am but Aloha gets a lot of sh$t on here because he doesn't support Trump. Of course, I don't need to defend him.... he's a big boy and can take care of himself. However, claiming he's not a Republican is just plain dumb in my opinion. He and I disagree on some things but that doesn't mean that I think he's not a Republican.

In your heart of hearts, knowing what we know now while dismissing all of the partisan hackery that goes on here and being brutally honest with ourselves, would a 2020 Trump victory not have been better for the country?

Instead of sitting here and contemplating another 4 years of either Trump or Biden, we could've been done with both and looking towards a more promising future.

Just food for thought... /shrug
Hard to tell. Republicans should have gotten some testicular fortitude and gotten rid of him when they had the chance.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
day four in bed!! damn that is indeed miserable. you must be high energy to keep it all going. i'm sick but functioning. kids are off to school and monday - wednesday are my current days off so i am relieved.

Fake it until you make it.

Sugarfree red bulls have been a life saver this week.

Maybe I am but Aloha gets a lot of sh$t on here because he doesn't support Trump. Of course, I don't need to defend him.... he's a big boy and can take care of himself. However, claiming he's not a Republican is just plain dumb in my opinion. He and I disagree on some things but that doesn't mean that I think he's not a Republican.

There was a time when I kept a list of Dems and Pubs in Congress who sometimes voted with the other party. Someone such as Susan Collins or Joe Manchin comes to mind. Those on the list deserved special attention in my way of thinking

Saying Collins and Manchin (or our own Aloha) are Dems or Pubs in name only misses an important point. This being they keep an open mind and do listen to the arguments on the other side.

Same goes for the labels "conservative" and "liberal". Once you proudly claim a label do you close your mind to what actually could be a good idea ? Always amazed when Dick Lugar could accurately describe both sides of an argument. Lugar was accused of not being conservative enough when losing in the primary.

Left identitarians would have still come into existence. Hillary would have bent to it, just like Biden.

Unlikely. The extremes of the party have the most influence when the party is out of power and then during an open primary. Biden bent because he needed to consolidate support after a tough primary fight against Sanders. If Hillary was running for reelection in 2020 she would have been no such intraparty pressure.

Reactions: larsIU
The board would be better if hickory’s posts appeared as redacted for all. He’s a moron. we will pay for Biden’s incompetence for many years to come. The failings of his presidency have done grave harm to tens of millions

I believe Trump would have done better with the border. But I don’t know about how much free cheese he’d have given out. He liked his name on checks. And his handling of Covid was awful

In truth we could go back farther and say what if Hillary had won. I think that actually would have been best for all and we wouldn’t have had trump or Biden and the woke cult

Hillary would have been normal
How about going back even farther and where would the country be today if Gore would have won his home state so the hanging chad would have meant nothing. Bill Clinton whether you like him or not had the country in a pretty decent position. He worked with the Republican House and Democratic Senate. Bush gave us Obama which gave us Trump which gave us Biden and now we are stuck with the last two again.

Hard to tell. Republicans should have gotten some testicular fortitude and gotten rid of him when they had the chance.

Couldn't the same have been said about Democrats holding Joe Biden to his word about being a bridge president on the 2020 campaign trail? I suppose I could just chalk it up to ovarian certitude...

How about going back even farther and where would the country be today if Gore would have won his home state so the hanging chad would have meant nothing. Bill Clinton whether you like him or not had the country in a pretty decent position. He worked with the Republican House and Democratic Senate. Bush gave us Obama which gave us Trump which gave us Biden and now we are stuck with the last two again.
Love Bill

In your heart of hearts, knowing what we know now while dismissing all of the partisan hackery that goes on here and being brutally honest with ourselves, would a 2020 Trump victory not have been better for the country?

Instead of sitting here and contemplating another 4 years of either Trump or Biden, we could've been done with both and looking towards a more promising future.

Just food for thought... /shrug
Yeah, let’s talk about politics, but leave politics out of it. Because that makes sense.

Unlikely. The extremes of the party have the most influence when the party is out of power and then during an open primary. Biden bent because he needed to consolidate support after a tough primary fight against Sanders. If Hillary was running for reelection in 2020 she would have been no such intraparty pressure.
I don’t think one person winning or losing has that much of an effect on the attitudes, desires, etc of hundreds of millions or the decades long trends that were building.

Trump didn’t create the populist movement; he capitalized on it. Nor did he create the social justice movement; it was there in our schools and universities for decades before (read Haidt’s book Coddling of the American Mind).

If Floyd still happens, the SJW still become ascendant. I think Hilary would bow to them.

Not poorly understood by anyone paying attention
The problem with trying to extrapolate anything from polls which is the basis for graphs like that is there is no way to tell if the participants which happen to be non-white are actually representative of any kind of general trend or just reflect what that limited sampling happens to feel. Organizations such as Black PAC which poll and operate focus groups made up exclusively of Black citizens 100%. only poll Black people, not some small sample size like the polls being cited do.

Much larger sample size and much less chance of outliers. When these polls and focus groups dealing exclusively with Black people consistently rate the number 1 threat to Black people as "the election of Donald Trump", I'd say this supposed racial realignment is about as relaible a theory as the "red tsunami"...

And what's with the rash of white Trumpers creating fake AI images purporting to show Trump hanging out with POC? Wouldn't the easiest (and most honest) thing for Trump to do be to actually go where Black people are and pose for actual real photos?

Probably having trouble getting Thomas off the yacht in order to have a photo op :)

Oh Jesus dude. Which below do you think aloha would think im being sarcastic/ insulting , vrs just pokin crap;

Hey aloha, you are an AWESOME Republican

The Romney righteous rhino riders …

ER’body knows he a pub. It’s just a play on his twitter tweet twats tits , thing.

Aloha is also fond of labeling Trump supporters “not Republicans”.

Couldn't the same have been said about Democrats holding Joe Biden to his word about being a bridge president on the 2020 campaign trail? I suppose I could just chalk it up to ovarian certitude...

I do wish he had done that, I think most of us do.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
Aloha is also fond of labeling Trump supporters “not Republicans”.
Well, there are some that are not... there's been some that said they would only vote for Trump. Of course the other side is that some on the other side of the aisle label you as a Trumpster if you agree with anything he says or any of his policies. Aloha is on record as saying just because a person voted for Trump doesn't mean that person is a Trumpster.

Oh Jesus dude. Which below do you think aloha would think im being sarcastic/ insulting , vrs just pokin crap;

Hey aloha, you are an AWESOME Republican

The Romney righteous rhino riders …

ER’body knows he a pub. It’s just a play on his twitter tweet twats tits , thing.
I'm not sure everyone knows that. But if you're just giving him a hard time have at it... I'll even help you. 🤣 🤣 🤣

The board would be better if hickory’s posts appeared as redacted for all. He’s a moron. we will pay for Biden’s incompetence for many years to come. The failings of his presidency have done grave harm to tens of millions

I believe Trump would have done better with the border. But I don’t know about how much free cheese he’d have given out. He liked his name on checks. And his handling of Covid was awful

In truth we could go back farther and say what if Hillary had won. I think that actually would have been best for all and we wouldn’t have had trump or Biden and the woke cult

Hillary would have been normal

I've ignored that idiot for years now. Why others haven't is beyond me. Declutter your lives. He is nothing but a tiresome, ultra-partisan lunatic.

I'd name the med school after him at this point. Before he even stepped on campus.

Dammit. You made me dream and be optimistic again about IU hoops. I really need to stop and accept things as they are. Kinda like my long lost athletic ability. Sigh.
Don’t lose hope.

The PDGA is still out there, waiting for you.

Re IU bball, I’d offer a $10 million bounty for coaching a national championship team.

The problem with trying to extrapolate anything from polls which is the basis for graphs like that is there is no way to tell if the participants which happen to be non-white are actually representative of any kind of general trend or just reflect what that limited sampling happens to feel. Organizations such as Black PAC which poll and operate focus groups made up exclusively of Black citizens 100%. only poll Black people, not some small sample size like the polls being cited do.

Much larger sample size and much less chance of outliers. When these polls and focus groups dealing exclusively with Black people consistently rate the number 1 threat to Black people as "the election of Donald Trump", I'd say this supposed racial realignment is about as relaible a theory as the "red tsunami"...

And what's with the rash of white Trumpers creating fake AI images purporting to show Trump hanging out with POC? Wouldn't the easiest (and most honest) thing for Trump to do be to actually go where Black people are and pose for actual real photos?

If you played a word association game with Trump and you said "black," he wouldn't say "white." He'd say "criminal." There's no other explanation for his suggestion that it's easier for Blacks to relate to him (and like him) now that he's been indicted and has a mug shot.

AI and fake images won't save him with Black voters. He'll end up doing as poorly with Black voters in '24 as he did in '20.

If you played a word association game with Trump and you said "black," he wouldn't say "white." He'd say "criminal." There's no other explanation for his suggestion that it's easier for Blacks to relate to him (and like him) now that he's been indicted and has a mug shot.

AI and fake images won't save him with Black voters. He'll end up doing as poorly with Black voters in '24 as he did in '20.
I'd assume that he's referencing a lot of black people's feeling that the criminal justice system is rigged against them.

Or you think Trump thinks of himself as a criminal?

Don’t lose hope.

The PDGA is still out there, waiting for you.

Re IU bball, I’d offer a $10 million bounty for coaching a national championship team.
I’m looking at MA50 and licking my chops.

Like David Duvall.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT