ADVERTISEMENT

Hindsight being 20/20 and all...

All4You

Junior
Mar 12, 2007
In your heart of hearts, knowing what we know now while dismissing all of the partisan hackery that goes on here and being brutally honest with ourselves, would a 2020 Trump victory not have been better for the country?

Instead of sitting here and contemplating another 4 years of either Trump or Biden, we could've been done with both and looking towards a more promising future.

Just food for thought... /shrug

In your heart of hearts, knowing what we know now while dismissing all of the partisan hackery that goes on here and being brutally honest with ourselves, would a 2020 Trump victory not have been better for the country?

Instead of sitting here and contemplating another 4 years of either Trump or Biden, we could've been done with both and looking towards a more promising future.

nope. Trump would have further divided the country and we would all be much worse off.

He should never step foot in the white house again and it's pretty pathetic that republicans don't have a better candidate.

If it was anyone other than Trump running, then they either would win or dems would have been forced to replace Biden.

nope. Trump would have further divided the country...

I asked that we dismiss partisan hackery and these are your first words in response.

If nothing else, you are consistent...
th_coffee.gif

Even if you believe this, Trump didn't go away. His influence on the Republican Party didn't either. By nearly any metric we are more divided now than we were 4 years ago. Conversely, large portions of virtually every voting demographic has buyer's remorse in regards to Biden. Both of these men have/had historically low approval ratings at this point in their terms. And here we are, faced with another nearly 5 years of their guaranteed presidency.

I asked that we dismiss partisan hackery and these are your first words in response.

If nothing else, you are consistent...
th_coffee.gif

Even if you believe this, Trump didn't go away. His influence on the Republican Party didn't either. By nearly any metric we are more divided now than we were 4 years ago. Conversely, large portions of virtually every voting demographic has buyer's remorse in regards to Biden. Both of these men have/had historically low approval ratings at this point in their terms. And here we are, faced with another nearly 5 years of their guaranteed presidency.
Calling a spade a spade isn't partisan hackery.

Apparently anything that disagrees with your opinion qualifies. And funny enough you responded with your own partisan hackery

BTW, your comment on people having buyers remorse with Biden is partisan bull crap. When Trump was the other option, no one regrets their choice for biden

Apparently anything that disagrees with your opinion qualifies. And funny enough you responded with your own partisan hackery

BTW, your comment on people having buyers remorse with Biden is partisan bull crap. When Trump was the other option, no one regrets their choice for biden.

This is why we can't have nice things...

The board would be better if hickory’s posts appeared as redacted for all. He’s a moron. we will pay for Biden’s incompetence for many years to come. The failings of his presidency have done grave harm to tens of millions

I believe Trump would have done better with the border. But I don’t know about how much free cheese he’d have given out. He liked his name on checks. And his handling of Covid was awful

In truth we could go back farther and say what if Hillary had won. I think that actually would have been best for all and we wouldn’t have had trump or Biden and the woke cult

Hillary would have been normal

The board would be better if hickory’s posts appeared as redacted for all. He’s a moron. we will pay for Biden’s incompetence for many years to come. The failings of his presidency have done grave harm to tens of millions

I believe Trump would have done better with the border. But I don’t know about how much free cheese he’d have given out. He liked his name on checks. And his handling of Covid was awful

In truth we could go back farther and say what if Hillary had won. I think that actually would have been best for all and we wouldn’t have had trump or Biden and the woke cult

That thought also crossed my mind, and in some ways I agree that 8 years of Hillary being better (/gag reflex engaged) than 8 years of Trump/Biden, but the status quo of "normal" was bound to be kicked over at some point, and my inner hack couldn't think of a better candidate for it to happen to.

That thought also crossed my mind, and in some ways I agree that 8 years of Hillary being better (/gag reflex engaged) than 8 years of Trump/Biden, but the status quo of "normal" was bound to be kicked over at some point, and my inner hack couldn't think of a better candidate for it to happen to.
Yes the Romney Righteous Rhino Riders would have loved for hill to have won.

Hillary? Normal?

You should go back to bed. Sober up before you do anything again.

BTW, your comment on people having buyers remorse with Biden is partisan bull crap. When Trump was the other option, no one regrets their choice for biden

And you might want to be careful using idioms like this lest you end up the target of your own woke mob...

You might be right, but we are talking about the presidency, not pulling a tooth. It isn't something we should just suffer quickly and get it over with.

Reactions: All4You

After what we saw and knowing what he did between November 3, 2020 and January 20, 2021, I don't know how any clear-thinking person (Democrat, Republican or otherwise) could possibly think that four more years of Trump - - then or now - - would be good for the United States.

If you can't handle opinions different than yours without tossing insults then you might as well move to truth social.

If you can't handle opinions different than yours without tossing insults then you might as well move to truth social.
you know better. dems have never had anything to do with blm. then i post blm and the convention. you slither off. you don't EVER post support for a position. the border numbers were the same under trump. no here are the numbers. then you slither off. then post the same thing yet again. as i've told you beforea difference of informed opinions are fine. your opinions are at once never informed and incorrect and exacerbated by the inability to revise same.

I've thought the same thing. Trump wins in 2020 and we don't have to deal with the election denial and conspiracy theories, no J6, etc.

Of course, we'd be living in an Orwellian dystopia with a complete dictator controlling all our actions and women turned into literal birthing slaves and POC stripped of the right to vote and probably enslaved, but whatevs.

I've thought the same thing. Trump wins in 2020 and we don't have to deal with the election denial and conspiracy theories, no J6, etc.

Of course, we'd be living in an Orwellian dystopia with a complete dictator controlling all our actions and women turned into literal birthing slaves and POC stripped of the right to vote and probably enslaved, but whatevs.
You forgot - V-8 engines everywhere and hip drop tackling.

Left identitarians would have still come into existence. Hillary would have bent to it, just like Biden.

Perfect

• Haha
Reactions: All4You

So, you're saying it wouldn't be much different then?

Reactions: BradStevens
Left identitarians would have still come into existence. Hillary would have bent to it, just like Biden.
you think she would have? i'm not so sure. hillary is smart. no personality but smart. i think she might have had obama's backbone. remember obama had really good, measured things to say about the woke movement and being judgmental etc. i think hillary may have as well

What is a Republican? Give us your definition. You must have an idea of what a Republican is. If your definition is someone who likes and agrees with Trump then I am not a Republican either.
You're focusing on the wrong part of the post.
It was merely me pulling one of Aloha's nose hairs to wake him in the morning. :)
I knew it'd make his eyes water for a second. lol

lol

I wouldn't be surprised if we would be arguing about whether or not a 2 term limit for president is constitutional

My gas stove wouldn't have come under fire, right? Right?

I believe it is. Culturally conservative. We will see how the party continues to evolve on economic issues.
When you take a possible mental health issue and conflate it with civil rights....well, that's messy. And takes way more than a 30 second hit on TV to explain.

Add in the more culturally conservative nature of most immigrant and POC communities and here we are. Now, the Pubs have to thread the needle of being tough on immigration while using the ploy of saying more marginalized communities in America are hurt even more by immigration than others. But welcome to 2024

When you take a possible mental health issue and conflate it with civil rights....well, that's messy. And takes way more than a 30 second hit on TV to explain.

Add in the more culturally conservative nature of most immigrant and POC communities and here we are. Now, the Pubs have to thread the needle of being tough on immigration while using the ploy of saying more marginalized communities in America are hurt even more by immigration than others. But welcome to 2024
You know how we thread the needle. Instead of saying we lack the resources to care for so many we say they poison our blood lol. We’re insane

Not poorly understood by anyone paying attention
I don't think it's poorly understood at all. Non-white populations are more conservative, more religious, etc., and immigrant populations tend to have a positive view of the traditional bootstrap American dream.

The deplorable infection of nativism in the Republican party is the only thing that makes the Democrats still attractive.

You know how we thread the needle. Instead of saying we lack the resources to care for so many we say they poison our blood lol. We’re insane
That's the rub ain't it.

If the Pubs didn't demonize the group (mostly Trump but his bullshit spreads) they could probably thread the needle. But nope.

Saying things like "migrant crime" is such a thin veil as to be non existent (if you're in teh group being associated with migrants, i.e. Latino).

Pubs are just as stupid as Dems most of the time.

I don't think it's poorly understood at all. Non-white populations are more conservative, more religious, etc., and immigrant populations tend to have a positive view of the traditional bootstrap American dream.

The deplorable infection of nativism in the Republican party is the only thing that makes the Democrats still attractive.
I think it’s the “Upper West Side” stereotype that is finally going by the wayside

That's the rub ain't it.

If the Pubs didn't demonize the group (mostly Trump but his bullshit spreads) they could probably thread the needle. But nope.

Saying things like "migrant crime" is such a thin veil as to be non existent (if you're in teh group being associated with migrants, i.e. Latino).

Pubs are just as stupid as Dems most of the time.
Zero common sense

Reactions: BradStevens and NPT

Given we don't know what would be different had Trump been elected in 2020, it is impossible to judge whether our future would look brighter if he had been elected.

If Trump had been elected would the following have occurred ? Prices went down and wages increased as the GDP grew at 5%. The Hamas and Israel conflict never occurred. Refugees coming to our Southern border came to a halt as Mexico, Central America, and South America became safe and prosperous places to live.

Polls taken in 2024 showed Trump with a 90% approval rating with 85% of Democrats and Independents agreeing with 95% of the Republicans. Even Putin is impressed.

There is a movement to amend the Constitution so Trump can run again. Charles Schumer and Liz Cheney are leading the campaign.

• Haha
Reactions: All4You and larsIU
Given we don't know what would be different had Trump been elected in 2020, it is impossible to judge whether our future would look brighter if he had been elected.

If Trump had been elected would the following have occurred ? Prices went down and wages increased as the GDP grew at 5%. The Hamas and Israel conflict never occurred. Refugees coming to our Southern border came to a halt as Mexico, Central America, and South America became safe and prosperous places to live.

Polls taken in 2024 showed Trump with a 90% approval rating with 85% of Democrats and Independents agreeing with 95% of the Republicans. Even Putin is impressed.

There is a movement to amend the Constitution so Trump can run again. Charles Schumer and Liz Cheney are leading the campaign.
fe1.png

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT