ADVERTISEMENT

Breyer

It's sad. I was in KC and even though the weather was shitty (bitter cold) my partners and I walked around downtown, went bar hopping, had some good bbq. Things that you just don't really do in downtown Stl. I've spent enough time where you live. It's infinitely better than here.
My sister in Chesterfield loves visiting us. When we visit there, we may go to a baseball game, and we did have drinks before one at that rooftop bar overlooking left field, but to go downtown? Not so much.

My family always does the Drumstick Dash (walking!) here in Indy (Broad Ripple) before eating Thanksgiving. One year, my wife, daughter, and I ate with my sister's family, so we looked up a similar event. We found something downtown by the Arch. At one point, I though I was on the set of the original RoboCop...when Murphy faces off with Eric Foreman's dad in the final fight scene.

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
My sister in Chesterfield loves visiting us. When we visit there, we may go to a baseball game, and we did have drinks before one at that rooftop bar overlooking left field, but to go downtown? Not so much.

My family always does the Drumstick Dash (walking!) here in Indy (Broad Ripple) before eating Thanksgiving. One year, my wife, daughter, and I ate with my sister's family, so we looked up a similar event. We found something downtown by the Arch. At one point, I though I was on the set of the original RoboCop...when Murphy faces off with Eric Foreman's dad in the final fight scene.
I'm next to Wash U so pretty close to the City. It's only getting worse and at one time Chesterfield felt "far out" but now it's almost central as development has gone way beyond Chesterfield west.

That's hilarious. I've seen guys jump out cars on Wash Ave pointing guns. Carjackings. Cars racing doing 80 mph in the middle of the day right through downtown. All of it.

Funny story about the different psychology from St. Louis and Indy back in the day. when I graduated from IU a bunch of my buddies from Stl came up for it. We went to Broad Ripple with a bunch of my IU friends. At the end of the night we were all plastered. We were standing at the corner and my group of IU guys immediately raised their hands to try to flag down a cab. In unison all of the Stl guys looked at them and shouted "What are you doing? We have our cars. We drove." Don't know if that was the AB influence or what but no matter how bombed you were you still drove. Crazy to think about now. Broad Ripple was a lot of fun.

Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge
I'm next to Wash U so pretty close to the City. It's only getting worse and at one time Chesterfield felt "far out" but now it's almost central as development has gone way beyond Chesterfield west.

That's hilarious. I've seen guys jump out cars on Wash Ave pointing guns. Carjackings. Cars racing doing 80 mph in the middle of the day right through downtown. All of it.

Funny story about the different psychology from St. Louis and Indy back in the day. when I graduated from IU a bunch of my buddies from Stl came up for it. We went to Broad Ripple with a bunch of my IU friends. At the end of the night we were all plastered. We were standing at the corner and my group of IU guys immediately raised their hands to try to flag down a cab. In unison all of the Stl guys looked at them and shouted "What are you doing? We have our cars. We drove." Don't know if that was the AB influence or what but no matter how bombed you were you still drove. Crazy to think about now. Broad Ripple was a lot of fun.
In an earlier post, you said you have seen John Goodman at bars (I think he has given up drinking now). Next time you run into him, ask him if he's trying to get people killed with his visit St. Louis ads.

maxresdefault.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
In an earlier post, you said you have seen John Goodman at bars (I think he has given up drinking now). Next time you run into him, ask him if he's trying to get people killed with his visit St. Louis ads.

maxresdefault.jpg
That's really funny. I've never seen those. Yeah I haven't seen him in ages. He owned a bar called O'Leary's that was down the street from my mom's house.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
LOL. You can do everything there is to do in a day. I see Andy Cohen at Sbx a few times a year. Aquarium is small but okay. Arch sucks. Super boring. Cards/Blues are all you hear about here. Nothing else. Six Flags was the best when I was a kid. So clean and nice. Now half the rides are broken and it's filthy.

Bill has jumped from being a person who claims conservativism but being uncomfortable with Trump to someone who has openly switched sides and is calling for the Democrats to win elections and also arguing for political points that would make him a better fit for that party.
That sums it up .... I despise Trump but that doesn't make me like Democratic policies. It's like saying you despise the IU coach so you're gonna cheer for Purdue.

That sums it up .... I despise Trump but that doesn't make me like Democratic policies. It's like saying you despise the IU coach so you're gonna cheer for Purdue.
Kristol believes the only way the Pubs will rid themselves of Trump is if they get trounced at the ballot box. Kind of like hoping Purdue wins so they'll fire Miller. He's taking the long view.

If you agree with number 1 and disagree with number 2 then what's the problem?
my bad....I do believe all politicians pander for votes. I think most reasonable people do.

I have not read on here (maybe I missed it) that the right feels like there are no qualified black women for SCOTUS.

Friday, 61 percent of 1,000 likely U.S. voters surveyed on Jan. 26-27 “believe picking justices on the basis of race and gender is a bad idea.” However, 26 percent think making race and gender the “basis of choosing appointments” is a good idea, and 14 percent are unsure. The margin of sampling error is +/- 3 percentage points with a 95 percent level of confidence.

Hickory and mark firmly in the minority on this one with dementia joe the race hustler.

Bill is a fraud
He was never a conservative. Any of them like the lincoln project never were. Bill is flat out lying

my bad....I do believe all politicians pander for votes. I think most reasonable people do.

I have not read on here (maybe I missed it) that the right feels like there are no qualified black women for SCOTUS.

I think he is putting 2 and 2 together due to some already getting on Biden prematurely for saying he would nominate a black women.

If nominating a black woman is bad before said black woman is even named, then one must think no black woman are qualified to be able to come to that conclusion at this point.

I think he is putting 2 and 2 together due to some already getting on Biden prematurely for saying he would nominate a black women.

If nominating a black woman is bad before said black woman is even named, then one must think no black woman are qualified to be able to come to that conclusion at this point.
Stop pretending like Biden and the Democrats are interested in Black people for anything. Their position is all about the narrative. It has always been about the narrative. Biden and the Senate Democrats filibustered and voted against black female jurists for various judgeships. The congressional black caucus won’t admit a conservative Black guy. For a Black to get anywhere the Black has to be the “right” Black depending on who is in charge.

You really struggle with basic English/spelling don't you?

7 pages of total idiocracy.

as if what sex or race those giving away our freedoms and privacy and economy and anti trust and govt not for sale to the highest bidders, matters in the slightest.

It is me being mean. That being said, he is 78 years old and isn't all there. This discussion has been had many times on the board so I am not going to rehash it.

I stand by my point, given Joe Biden, there is no way in hell that the Democrats are going to put any Republican as the #2. The risk he inherits the job is too high for one and secondly the Democrats are already facing electoral issues, some of which are related to the fracturing of their own coalition along the Progressive and moderate lines. Putting a GOP member as #2 sends Jayapal, the squad, et. al. into guerilla "retake the party" mode.

I don't agree with the Democrats but I don't think any of their leadership is that politically inept to make what for them is a truly, astronomically stupid decision.
But what is your reasoning that he isn’t all there. You watch him do a press conference for two hours and that’s not a realistic conclusion. I’m sure he’s lost a step or two, as anyone has at that age, but it’s just disingenuous to imply more.

• Haha
Reactions: Crayfish57
Yeah well the spectacle the dems put on with Kavanaugh was reprehensible. There really showed their true colors on that one . And now biden proving he is the bigot most of us know he is. To Biden skin color is everything and you better be the right color or you are not getting looked at.
Their true colors of not wanting a sexual harasser on the court? Congrats, Republicans got two. If the Dems put someone up and there are similar allegations, I’d hope they would be dismissed.

• Haha
In other words if Republicans would pick candidates that agree with all the Democrats' position they would be treated well.... got it.
Or maybe, just maybe, if they were better at vetting their candidates they’d be treated better.

• Haha
But what is your reasoning that he isn’t all there. You watch him do a press conference for two hours and that’s not a realistic conclusion. I’m sure he’s lost a step or two, as anyone has at that age, but it’s just disingenuous to imply more.
Really? He is the leader of the free world, one step is bad but maybe lost two? So just to refresh us all what was your opinion of Donald Trump? Yeah I thought so.....

Cheating is not a right and Democrats seem to have forgotten that too.
Republicans keep trying to say even their committees can never actually find cheating. Unless you want o count the old folks at the Villages who voted twice for Trump. Or have you forgotten that?

I'm not judging but let me guess you are a big CNN fan? You are fun I will give you that
No actually I don’t watch CNN. I also don’t use sources like Catturd, infowars, Alex Jones, and Jack Posobiec. I bet you think they are truth tellers, right? Lol

Or maybe, just maybe, if they were better at vetting their candidates they’d be treated better.
Let's be honest, no they wouldn't. Mitch ruined it forever. There is no one Trump could have nominated that would have gotten a fair shake from the Dems. And for good reason, of course. Because Mitch is burning the structures of our government to the ground for partisan gain. But, yeah, no one had a shot.

No actually I don’t watch CNN. I also don’t use sources like Catturd, infowars, Alex Jones, and Jack Posobiec. I bet you think they are truth tellers, right? Lol
Yeah, sure. I'll bet you don't watch MSNBC, either. lmao!

Really? He is the leader of the free world, one step is bad but maybe lost two? So just to refresh us all what was your opinion of Donald Trump? Yeah I thought so.....
Trump has lost more than two steps, and anyone who listened to his word salad knew that. But don’t listen to me, listen to the people who worked for him, who called him an idiot, a moron, the intelligence of a fifth grader. You hear anyone who has worked for Biden saying that. And that doesn’t even take into account his corruptness, as everyone in New York has known for decades. As for losing two steps, I think everyone starts losing some of their mental capacity around 60 or so.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC

Biden is certainly struggling with senility.

Trump has been mentally ill for decades.

Reactions: NPT
They let you teach children with your attittude? I don't actually have any clue what and who you refer to but ''catturd''?

Sorry, my DumbShitDar went off. Couldn't help myself.
Your DumbShitDar malfunctioned when you wrote this: "Because Mitch is burning the structures of our government to the ground for partisan gain."

As if the Democrats didn't try to do exactly that when trying to get rid of the filibuster.

You really are a piece of work.

Biden is certainly struggling with senility.

Trump has been mentally ill for decades.
This is just another case. Again not a Trump the person fan but if you are equating Trump with Biden at 79 years old obvious mental lackings it just shows stupidity . Whether you like Trump or not it isnt mental deficiencies you don't like him. Fine. Don't even attempt to equate that with Biden. Biden shouldn't be on a local school board let alone President

Reactions: DANC
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT