ADVERTISEMENT

Judge puts Trump out of business in NY?

That’s what I thought, but his body of work suggests he isn’t. Or that he’s not a good one.

I think I’ll get a law degree after I retire for grins and giggles. Can’t be that difficult.
I had lots of older students in my first year section looking to switch careers or just did it for the challenge. Had a neurosurgeon, a PhD chemist, a wife of a famous screenwriter--all in their late 50's or older.

I think you'd enjoy it.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
I had lots of older students in my first year section looking to switch careers or just did it for the challenge. Had a neurosurgeon, a PhD chemist, a wife of a famous screenwriter--all in their late 50's or older.

I think you'd enjoy it.
How long does it take to get the degree if I’m taking one or two courses at a time year round?

You seriously think Trump is the most famous person "in the world"? When Trump is able to fill soccer stadiums in Europe, or similar facilities within the US with people actually willing to pay $100/per ticket, then maybe he'll be somewhere in the Top 25 or so. Filling high school gyms with people who get in for free doesn't exactly scream "famous" in comparison with various other celebrities...

Hell he appeared at the Erie Insurance Arena (9000 capacity) earlier this year and about 4500 people decided to sit thru his boring speech for free. By contrast the average crowd size of PAYING customers for the Erie Otters hockey games is 6500...

Check out the number of complete sections of empty seats... Yep he's a megastar... :rolleyes:

Fame =/= popular.

Hitler is also very famous.

I think you'd enjoy it.
I think I disagree. We had a lot of people like that too. MDs etc. but law school was great bc we were young and went drinking and to the basketball games and played every im sport and my classmates were great. I can’t imagine doing it old and sitting through civ pro or property or securities and on and on. So much better ways to spend your years when you’re old.

How long does it take to get the degree if I’m taking one or two courses at a time year round?
You can’t do it that way. Unless there’s a night school maybe. See my reply to brad. Not to mention the lsat etc. it’s all a pain in the ass. Way more annoying than grad school with that stuff

I think I disagree. We had a lot of people like that too. MDs etc. but law school was great bc we were young and went drinking and to the basketball games and played every im sport and my classmates were great. I can’t imagine doing it old and sitting through civ pro or property or securities and on and on. So much better ways to spend your years when you’re old.
I don't think you and Aloha are similar in that way.

I think he'd get a kick out of blowing the young libs in the class away with some real-world experience.

One day, some 22-year old would ask him "Aloha, where'd you learn to argue like that? The Navy?"

"The Navy? Ha! No son, I spent the better part of a decade (two?) going back and forth with libs and Trumpers on THE WATER COOLER. There's no better training."

Well, I’m getting older, but not dead. Still play golf, run, swim, lift weights, etc. I’m retiring within a year and have years to go before I check out. I loved Business Law in college, maybe I’ll like the mundane law courses to.

Reactions: BradStevens
You can’t do it that way. Unless there’s a night school maybe. See my reply to brad. Not to mention the lsat etc. it’s all a pain in the ass. Way more annoying than grad school with that stuff
I think you could, after first year.

Don't let these lawyers fool you, Aloha. Law school isn't that difficult. 75% of it is common sense and learning the language.

Well, I’m getting older, but not dead. Still play golf, run, swim, lift weights, etc. I’m retiring within a year and have years to go before I check out. I loved Business Law in college, maybe I’ll like the mundane law courses to.
It’s just a lot.

So now I'm being compared to the Unibomber. But Goat gave me a 48 hour ban because I claimed Dianne Feinstein got rich while in office.
I didn't compare you to the unibomber. I instead used the unibomber as one example where a person of high academic achievement became a nutter. Ergo, academic degrees alone do not assure sanity or rational thought, especially in areas remote from the area of training.

I know a person who got a PhD in chemistry at IU shortly after I did who (last I heard) was homeless. Sad.

Last edited:
I think you could, after first year.

Don't let these lawyers fool you, Aloha. Law school isn't that difficult. 75% of it is common sense and learning the language.
I have no need to go to any prestigious law school. Probably whatever is closest and can teach me something. 😉

Reactions: BradStevens
I have no need to go to any prestigious law school. Probably whatever is closest and can teach me something. 😉
Arizona?

I will say this about law school--you do get more out of it if the people around you are smart and engaged.

I think there is a “night school” in Nashville Tenn that you can. Dave Ramsey talks about it often.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Just get a clerks job with Keller & Keller. Tell them you mean business.
I don’t want a job after I retire-retire. I think first four to six months I’m going for maximum physical fitness stuff. Probably get a personal trainer. Lose pounds and inches and get back to an older version of my competitive swimmer self. I’ll think about what I want to do later while doing that. We’ll do some travel and stuff in there too.

I don’t want a job after I retire-retire. I think first four to six months I’m going for maximum physical fitness stuff. Probably get a personal trainer. Lose pounds and inches and get back to an older version of my competitive swimmer self. I’ll think about what I want to do later while doing that. We’ll do some travel and stuff in there too.
Also golf. I was a 6 index back in 2009 and I’d like to get back to single digits.

Most likely. Daughter is there and the wife wants to be near her.
Arizona and ASU both have law schools. Both are solid schools, it looks like.

The University of American Samoa also has a decent reputation in the southwest. At least among the Albuquerque bar.

Out of curiosity, I looked up about 20 sites ranking the most popular / famous person in the world. One or two had Trump #1, but typically he was in the 10-20 range.

Most of them had a top ten that consisted of:

Christiano Renaldo
Messi
Robert Downey Jr.
Dwayne Johnson
Kylie Jenner
Elon Musk
Bill Gates
Kim Kardashian
Justin Bieber
Arianna Grande
Taylor Swift
Rihanna

...and for the record, Joe Biden made the top 10 for about 25% of them.

Trump is likely the most famous person in the world and rally attendance does nothing to refute that. Many in India, China and the rest of Asia likely have no idea who Messi or Ronaldo is.
It's so bizarre tht you'd think a washed up US politician is the "most famous person in the world". It's like you think the world is made up of 70 yr old white men. By the way the refernce to soccer stadiums is not to maintain that some soccer star is the most famous person in the world.

Rather it's as an example of the type of setting where truly famous people can draw huge crowds who ae willing to pay, as opposed to the small but loud group of Trump cultists that are willing to hear him drone on incessantly about what a victim he is. I wonder how many of Trump's cult would actually be willing to pay to listen to that drivel...

I agree that Trump may go down in history, but I think the proper term is more likely infamous than famous. Not sure what future generations are going to make of people still supporting a twice Impeached, multiple time indicted politician who will likely end up a convicted felon. It'll be like the generations of Germans,Italians and Spaniards who wonder how thier grandparents actually supported Hitler,Mussolini,and Franco (resp).

I can hear it now it was "everyone else who voted for Trump", and "That con man never fooled me.". Just like when I was in Germany every time I met an older German of WW2 military age, the first thing they'd let you know was that they never fought the Americans.

They all loved Americans, it was only the Russians they fought against. Which always struck me as a little strange given that the German losses on the Eastern Front were so horrific, and yet I ran into so many survivors from the East and none from the West. Kind of the reverse of what history says. Pretty perplexing... :cool:

Speaking of someone who is actually famous, I'm no Swiftie but that girl is FAMOUS! And Trump can't stand it, it eats at him. He wishes he was that popular and famous, that he had the same level of influence over people that she does.

The photo in this video is a perfect illustration of the diffence between someone like Trump popular with a dwindling cult, who is so insecure that he often lies about his crowd size for both rallies and his own Inauguration. And on the other hand a truly global phenom who can fill stadiums to the brink and overload voter registration sites and inspire record numbers of new voters just by suggesting that people should vote.

Last edited:
Out of curiosity, I looked up about 20 sites ranking the most popular / famous person in the world. One or two had Trump #1, but typically he was in the 10-20 range.

Most of them had a top ten that consisted of:

Christiano Renaldo
Messi
Robert Downey Jr.
Dwayne Johnson
Kylie Jenner
Elon Musk
Bill Gates
Kim Kardashian
Justin Bieber
Arianna Grande
Taylor Swift
Rihanna

...and for the record, Joe Biden made the top 10 for about 25% of them.
Again, famous =/= popular. Hitler is a famous person.

More people know the name Trump than any of those people on your list. He's known in every nation. Even little kids know about him. Hell, some people here have told stories about foreigners asking them "how could you elect Trump?" Think they're asking "hey, how about that Kylie Jenner?"

As noticed by anyone with a eyes, ears, and a functioning brain, Trump is probably the most polarizing person in the world alive right now. Before he died, Osama bin Laden might have been #1 among the living.

Dictionary
Definitions from Oxford Languages · Learn more

fa·mous
/ˈfāməs/
https://www.google.com/search?sca_e...2ahUKEwiR-oKMxoGDAxWpj4kEHbDSA3gQ3eEDegQIRBAI
adjective
  1. known about by many people.

Again, famous =/= popular. Hitler is a famous person.

More people know the name Trump than any of those people on your list. He's known in every nation. Even little kids know about him. Hell, some people here have told stories about foreigners asking them "how could you elect Trump?" Think they're asking "hey, how about that Kylie Jenner?"

As noticed by anyone with a eyes, ears, and a functioning brain, Trump is probably the most polarizing person in the world alive right now. Before he died, Osama bin Laden might have been #1 among the living.

Dictionary
Definitions from Oxford Languages · Learn more

fa·mous
/ˈfāməs/
https://www.google.com/search?sca_e...2ahUKEwiR-oKMxoGDAxWpj4kEHbDSA3gQ3eEDegQIRBAI
adjective
  1. known about by many people.
I think it's a matter of semantics, and when I was in Europe during the period 79-85 People had the same bewilderment about the US electing Reagan as they do now regarding Trump. I guess Reagan was popular in the US but it's hard for me to gauge because I lived in Germany and he definitely was not popular there...

I don't get why you guys think Trump is so famous outside of the US, unless it's the fact that he was on the Apprentice and people saw him on tv? But that sort of celebrity status which might gain him slightly more notoriety than other US presidents only extends to a limited reach of areas where that show is syndicated...

So which former US POTUS do you think is more "famous" on the African continent for example- single term Trump or double term Obama? Obama was the first US President who was a POC, and Trump's notoriety is he was the first POTUS that was the star of a syndicated TV show? Why would the latter be more "famous" than the first one,esp in Africa and Asia (which are implicitly included in the term "in the world")?

Hell if we're talking politicians, I'd say Nelson Mandela is more famous worldwide than Trump...

It speaks to a DA with bastardized priorities and an agenda. Letting arsonists in her own city walk free while bringing redundant cases against a federal employee.
Trump is no longer a federal employee.

The charges are not redundant. No one else is charging Trump with his actions pertaining to the Georgia state election and Georgia state law.

Correct. We've been trying to explain this to you for months. Glad you finally get it.
Dbm's theory sounds like a criminal that tried to commit bank robbery but got thwarted before he completed it who then presents the defense that the bank didn't lose any money.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT