ADVERTISEMENT

Biden meeting in NY with Adams where violent crime, like in many blue cities, is out of control.

Looks to me like just another big government tax and spend liberal which is perfect for NYC. Police budget stays flat. Sure he is putting some officers in the subway but on the other stuff how is he any different than DeBlasio?

But Adams’s proposal, which the City Council must approve by June 30, is $6.2 billion larger than what his predecessor, Bill de Blasio, presented a year ago. That budget climbed to $102.8 billion by November, according to a press release, plumped up with billions of federal dollars.

Adam’s’ financial plan didn’t appear to reduce future budget gaps, projecting a $2.7 billion shortfall in fiscal 2024 and $3 billion in 2026.

Comptroller Brad Lander, the city’s fiscal watchdog, was mostly positive about the plan but said it didn’t “include a credible effort to build up the long-term reserves the city needs.”

The plan for fiscal 2023 calls for expanding New York City’s earned income-tax credit and providing tax abatements for landlords of child-care centers. It requires approval from a City Council more progressive than the mayor. Many members were elected on promises that clashed with Adams’s views on issues such as policing and property taxes.

“When we commit our budget to ensuring communities are strong, public safety can be improved and New Yorkers can thrive,” Speaker Adrienne Adams and Finance Committee Chair Justin Brannan said in a joint statement.

The mayor, 61, called for a $79 million expansion of the summer youth-employment program, adding 30,000 jobs to 100,000 positions. He said expenditures on the New York Police Department, the nation’s largest, would be “basically flat” and that he would use existing resources to restore a controversial anti-gun unit and redeploy officers to subway platforms and trains.

“After two years of struggle, we are on the brink of a recovery,” Adams said. “We are cutting spending, making government run more efficiently, investing in public safety, and providing much-needed help to working families.”

Read More: NYC to Revive Controversial Anti-Crime Unit Under New Mayor

Pandemic Effect​

Successive Covid-19 variants have hampered New York’s all-important tourism, arts and entertainment sector -- and deterred workers from returning. Adams said he met this week with business leaders and asked them to stop mixed messages about when to return to the office. “It’s time,” Adams said.

Read here: Adams Prods CEOs to End Work-From-Home Era

New York’s 8.8% unemployment rate remains more than double the U.S. average, and the city has regained only 55% of the 922,000 private-sector jobs lost in March and April 2020. Personal income-tax revenue is expected to drop 6.1% to $14.2 billion in 2022.

Some parts of New York’s economy are showing signs of improvement. Revenue is expected to grow by $726 million in fiscal 2023 thanks to higher-than-expected property values. Sales-tax revenue is forecast to increase by 5.5% to $8.1 billion.

New Initiatives​

Reactions: DANC
Looks to me like just another big government tax and spend liberal which is perfect for NYC. Police budget stays flat. Sure he is putting some officers in the subway but on the other stuff how is he any different than DeBlasio?

But Adams’s proposal, which the City Council must approve by June 30, is $6.2 billion larger than what his predecessor, Bill de Blasio, presented a year ago. That budget climbed to $102.8 billion by November, according to a press release, plumped up with billions of federal dollars.

Adam’s’ financial plan didn’t appear to reduce future budget gaps, projecting a $2.7 billion shortfall in fiscal 2024 and $3 billion in 2026.

Comptroller Brad Lander, the city’s fiscal watchdog, was mostly positive about the plan but said it didn’t “include a credible effort to build up the long-term reserves the city needs.”

The plan for fiscal 2023 calls for expanding New York City’s earned income-tax credit and providing tax abatements for landlords of child-care centers. It requires approval from a City Council more progressive than the mayor. Many members were elected on promises that clashed with Adams’s views on issues such as policing and property taxes.

“When we commit our budget to ensuring communities are strong, public safety can be improved and New Yorkers can thrive,” Speaker Adrienne Adams and Finance Committee Chair Justin Brannan said in a joint statement.

The mayor, 61, called for a $79 million expansion of the summer youth-employment program, adding 30,000 jobs to 100,000 positions. He said expenditures on the New York Police Department, the nation’s largest, would be “basically flat” and that he would use existing resources to restore a controversial anti-gun unit and redeploy officers to subway platforms and trains.

“After two years of struggle, we are on the brink of a recovery,” Adams said. “We are cutting spending, making government run more efficiently, investing in public safety, and providing much-needed help to working families.”

Read More: NYC to Revive Controversial Anti-Crime Unit Under New Mayor

Pandemic Effect​

Successive Covid-19 variants have hampered New York’s all-important tourism, arts and entertainment sector -- and deterred workers from returning. Adams said he met this week with business leaders and asked them to stop mixed messages about when to return to the office. “It’s time,” Adams said.

Read here: Adams Prods CEOs to End Work-From-Home Era

New York’s 8.8% unemployment rate remains more than double the U.S. average, and the city has regained only 55% of the 922,000 private-sector jobs lost in March and April 2020. Personal income-tax revenue is expected to drop 6.1% to $14.2 billion in 2022.

Some parts of New York’s economy are showing signs of improvement. Revenue is expected to grow by $726 million in fiscal 2023 thanks to higher-than-expected property values. Sales-tax revenue is forecast to increase by 5.5% to $8.1 billion.

New Initiatives​

Who are you stealing content from without linking or crediting them?

This happened in a Red state and these facts might hurt your feelings:

Unlike the federal system, bond must be set under Kentucky law. We successfully argued for and received a higher bond commensurate with the seriousness of the offense. We successfully argued that if posted, the defendant should be on home incarceration. However, the criteria of release should not be the ability to access a certain amount of money," O'Connell said. "It should be the threat to the community and whether there is a history of non appearance in court. I’ve said previously that people should not be in jail just because they can’t afford bond or be released just because they can. We should have a system like the federal government where my office can provide evidence and a judge can decide. Kentucky current system does not allow that. Our office has kept the victim involved throughout this process.”
I'm conservative. I don't have feelings...jus sayin :)

Hollywood celebrities supported a Black Lives Matter bail fund that recently bailed out Quintez Brown, the BLM and anti-gun activist who has been charged with the attempted murder of a mayoral candidate in Louisville, Kentucky.

Celebrities who have promoted or donated to the Louisville Community Bail Fund, which is overseen by Black Lives Matter Louisville, include ABC’s Scandal star Kerry Washington, actress-singer Janelle Monáe, Schitt’s Creek actor Dan Levy, Jeopardy! host Mayim Bialik, and Hamilton star Lin-Manuel Miranda.

Reactions: Crayfish57 and DANC
Hollywood celebrities supported a Black Lives Matter bail fund that recently bailed out Quintez Brown, the BLM and anti-gun activist who has been charged with the attempted murder of a mayoral candidate in Louisville, Kentucky.

Celebrities who have promoted or donated to the Louisville Community Bail Fund, which is overseen by Black Lives Matter Louisville, include ABC’s Scandal star Kerry Washington, actress-singer Janelle Monáe, Schitt’s Creek actor Dan Levy, Jeopardy! host Mayim Bialik, and Hamilton star Lin-Manuel Miranda.
I hate Hollywood. Whacked f#ckers

Reactions: Crayfish57 and DANC

you hate it when Black people have access to money don't you?

The irony of those of you who would gladly get on your knees to Trump thinking that , is well delicious. You probably dream about him nightly. Those kind of dreams....
You are disgusting. And you call yourself a teacher?

• Love
Reactions: Crayfish57
Ah, he makes a cameo appearance in a movie and, all of a sudden, he's "Hollywood".

You're obviously up way past your bedtime, hon.
You don’t know how to read? He’s been in multiple movie and tv shows. If that’s not Hollywood, I’m not sure what is. You do know you don’t have to live there, right? It’s 7 o’clock in Maui so I’m good. But thanks for being concerned about my sleep. Getting ready for dinner out actually. Tata.

You don’t know how to read? He’s been in multiple movie and tv shows. If that’s not Hollywood, I’m not sure what is. You do know you don’t have to life there, right? It’s 7 o’clock in Maui so I’m good. But thanks for being concerned about my sleep. Getting ready for dinner out actually. Tata.
Television is not "Hollywood" and appearing in cameo appearances in movies in no way makes one "Hollywood".

You're confusing celebrity with being in the movies.

You're in Maui and you're posting on the Cooler? Go get yourself one of those nice drinks with an umbrella and chill out. Or, more likely, you've had too many of those and now you're drunk-posting.

• Love
Television is not "Hollywood" and appearing in cameo appearances in movies in no way makes one "Hollywood".

You're confusing celebrity with being in the movies.

You're in Maui and you're posting on the Cooler? Go get yourself one of those nice drinks with an umbrella and chill out. Or, more likely, you've had too many of those and now you're drunk-posting.
Again you’ve got me confused with someone else with the drunk posting. Hollywood is television and movies. Go to bed, it’s late there.

Again you’ve got me confused with someone else with the drunk posting. Hollywood is television and movies. Go to bed, it’s late there.
Take a break from Trump - it'll do you good.

He isn't President. The bad man can't hurt you.

I tried to tell you being drunk was your best story to go with for the crap you post. If you really are in Hawaii and spending this much time posting liberal BS on here you really are stupid! BTW is Bulk your ''muscle''? Too funny he seems really protective of you or maybe he is there with you?

More of the same from Eric Adams... anyone thinking he would be changing things was wrong.

When my son was in preschool in 2020 he didn't seem to mind wearing a mask. He's now almost 6 and it seems to bother him more, but the mask mandate was lifted. Kids under 5 won't have a problem with this, their parents are the ones who will complain.

• Haha
Reactions: ulrey
When my son was in preschool in 2020 he didn't seem to mind wearing a mask. He's now almost 6 and it seems to bother him more, but the mask mandate was lifted. Kids under 5 won't have a problem with this, their parents are the ones who will complain.

You kid was the exception. My son is four and hates wearing a mask. I assume most kids with glasses feel the same.

There's literally no scientific reason to do so, except to protect grandma. It's not like the kids ever wear them properly and abide by other measures, such as social distancing. They're friggin' kids.

Also, expect more of these

well no shit. 5 year olds normally don't speak their mind..

So out of control that it's 80% better than 32 years ago, 76% better than 28 years ago, 50% better than 24 years ago and 37% better than 20 years ago.

And the biggest delta in violent crime worsening happened during the Giuliani terms.

So out of control that it's 80% better than 32 years ago, 76% better than 28 years ago, 50% better than 24 years ago and 37% better than 20 years ago.

And the biggest delta in violent crime worsening happened during the Giuliani terms.

"Crime in New York reached historic lows over the past three decades before numbers started to go up in 2020, a spate that has continued over the last two years and mirrors what is being felt in big cities around the country. The number of major crimes reported in February 2022 -- 9,138 -- represents a 19.7% from 2020 and a nearly 47% increase from 2019, city data shows."

Adams sounds like he has a good approach. It will take some time tho

Last edited:
Reactions: JamieDimonsBalls
LOL the clinton pivot are you joking? The Biden you expected does not exist anymore and I have no idea why anyone believed it did he flat out said he was going to be the most progressive president ever. Why anyone thought he was going to be a "moderate" is beyond me. But hey no mean tweets so that is all that matters. He is 100% controlled by the left is his party and that is not going to change so anyone with dreams of him becoming a moderate and Trump slitherering away as you say are in la la land. Ron Klain is running the show and he is a committed leftist and there is zero chance he pivots.

I'm sure that the demented pos and his Leftists asshat comrades do look at the meeting exactly as the story states: 'a way to change the political narrative'; neither they nor the reporter give an actual rat's ass about the lives prematurely terminated and the bodies mutilated as a direct result of the whims of Democrat prosecutors who have 0 interest in doing their job/protecting the public. They are despicable.

Reactions: DANC and dbmhoosier
I'm sure that the demented pos and his Leftists asshat comrades do look at the meeting exactly as the story states: 'a way to change the political narrative'; neither they nor the reporter give an actual rat's ass about the lives prematurely terminated and the bodies mutilated as a direct result of the whims of Democrat prosecutors who have 0 interest in doing their job/protecting the public. They are despicable.
Yet I have no doubt that the people whose lives are completely destroyed by the Dems terrible policies will keep voting for them. Sad.

Yet I have no doubt that the people whose lives are completely destroyed by the Dems terrible policies will keep voting for them. Sad.
Well of course they will. They understand how bad the Dem's treat them when they like them, the last thing they want it to see how bad they will get sh$t on when leadership is pissed at them. .. It's simple
You will put on the lotion or you will get the hose !

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT