ADVERTISEMENT

Biden meeting in NY with Adams where violent crime, like in many blue cities, is out of control.

When alot of the democrat base thinks like this a pivot is simply not possible period . There are still a ton on the left who want cops gone so how is biden going to get tough on crime? He isn't.

"So if all these cops weren't needed for CRIME that day, doesn't that mean they aren't needed ANY day?" Sarandon wrote. A hashtag stamped on the part of the photo featuring the sea of officers said: "#abolishthepolice."

Sarandon is known for her progressive views.

So the guy blows himself up and kills 13 people and Biden is doing a victory lap after six children and four women are killed. I guess trying to deflect from all his other issues in his eyes this is some sort of victory in his delusional head. Luckily there are so many ways to find out the truth now back in the day we would never have known Biden killed six kids as the mainstream news would have heralded him a hero. Honest to god every day that goes buy this administration becomes even more incompetent. Maybe just give Harris a shot at this point she cannot honestly being any worse than this guy as the bar is so low it should not be hard to top.

President Joe Biden on Thursday heralded the success of a large-scale counterterrorism raid carried out by U.S. special operations forces in northwestern Syria that resulted in the death of Abu Ibrahim al-Hashimi al-Qurayshi, the leader of the Islamic State militant group.
“Thanks to the bravery our troops, this horrible terrorist leader is no more,” Biden said in an address delivered from the Roosevelt Room of the White House.
Biden also said he directed the Defense Department “to take every precaution possible to minimize civilian casualties” during the operation. “At a much greater risk to our own people,” Biden said, he ultimately decided to authorize a special operations raid rather than an airstrike in an effort to preserve the lives of innocents.

Biden previously announced in a statement earlier Thursday that all Americans involved in the operation returned home safely. But first responders at the scene — in the village of Atmeh near the Turkish border — reported that 13 people were killed, including six children and four women, according to The Associated Press.
Senior administration officials said al-Qurayshi died in the same manner as former Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, who detonated a suicide vest — killing himself and three children — after he was cornered in a tunnel during a U.S. raid in northwestern Syria in 2019.

Reactions: CO. Hoosier
So the guy blows himself up and kills 13 people and Biden is doing a victory lap after six children and four women are killed. I guess trying to deflect from all his other issues in his eyes this is some sort of victory in his delusional head. Luckily there are so many ways to find out the truth now back in the day we would never have known Biden killed six kids as the mainstream news would have heralded him a hero. Honest to god every day that goes buy this administration becomes even more incompetent. Maybe just give Harris a shot at this point she cannot honestly being any worse than this guy as the bar is so low it should not be hard to top.

President Joe Biden on Thursday heralded the success of a large-scale counterterrorism raid carried out by U.S. special operations forces in northwestern Syria that resulted in the death of Abu Ibrahim al-Hashimi al-Qurayshi, the leader of the Islamic State militant group.
“Thanks to the bravery our troops, this horrible terrorist leader is no more,” Biden said in an address delivered from the Roosevelt Room of the White House.
Biden also said he directed the Defense Department “to take every precaution possible to minimize civilian casualties” during the operation. “At a much greater risk to our own people,” Biden said, he ultimately decided to authorize a special operations raid rather than an airstrike in an effort to preserve the lives of innocents.

Biden previously announced in a statement earlier Thursday that all Americans involved in the operation returned home safely. But first responders at the scene — in the village of Atmeh near the Turkish border — reported that 13 people were killed, including six children and four women, according to The Associated Press.
Senior administration officials said al-Qurayshi died in the same manner as former Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, who detonated a suicide vest — killing himself and three children — after he was cornered in a tunnel during a U.S. raid in northwestern Syria in 2019.
I suspect you have never led people or worked on an assignment where the final outcome was unknown despite proper planning.

Biden is the Commander but ultimately the military plans these missions out to the best of their ability. If a man is willing to kill himself and family with no regard for safety, there is not a lot we can do.

Or assuming this guy constantly surrounds himself with women and children do we just let him walk? Tell me from your time planning dangerous missions how you would have done things differently.

When alot of the democrat base thinks like this a pivot is simply not possible period . There are still a ton on the left who want cops gone so how is biden going to get tough on crime? He isn't.

"So if all these cops weren't needed for CRIME that day, doesn't that mean they aren't needed ANY day?" Sarandon wrote. A hashtag stamped on the part of the photo featuring the sea of officers said: "#abolishthepolice."

You sound desperate.
Just saying.

"Out of control" ... lmao. Hyperbole much ..

Crime rose in rural areas too, not as much as urban .... Domestic violence is also higher per capita in rural areas than urban. Considerably .. does that mean "y'all" have a wife beating problem?

What a dumb f**king thread. Just looking for shit to complain about and blame on Biden I guess.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
BREAKING: Psaki refuses to provide any evidence to reporter asking for proof the civilians in the Syria raid were killed by a suicide vest and not another US mishap.

Psaki responded by attacking reporter's patriotism for not immediately believing the Pentagon

Wow I am just stunned. Is biden still doing his victory lap or did he get lost?

Crime rose in rural areas too, not as much as urban .... Domestic violence is also higher per capita in rural areas than urban. Considerably .. does that mean "y'all" have a wife beating problem?

What a dumb f**king thread. Just looking for shit to complain about and blame on Biden I guess.
Here stupid, from Time:

Last year in Philadelphia, the City of Brotherly Love, 562 citizens were murdered—an all-time high and a 12 percent increase over 2020. Almost 90 percent of these homicides involved firearms, and the spike followed an even bigger surge in 2020, when killings were up by 40 percent. The numbers are sobering, but gun violence has been climbing in the city since 2013.

Philadelphia is not alone. At least ten other major cities lost historic numbers of residents to murder last year. Nationally, police data suggests homicides rose seven percent in 2021. And while many Americans know that 2020 was a particularly bloody year—with homicides surging 29 percent, with 77 percent of them involving firearms—few realize that gun violence has been rising across this country since 2014. Fatal shootings have increased by roughly 80 percent in the largest U.S. cities since then.

From CNN:

The trip comes amid a rash of high-profile shootings in major cities, including New York, and less than two weeks after two New York Police Department officers were fatally shot on the job. The trip is also taking place as several major American cities combat rising homicides and shootings -- 2020 saw the largest year-to-year spike in homicides on record, and some major cities recorded more homicides in 2020 or 2021 than in any other year on record.
"Every day in this country, 316 people are shot, 106 are killed and six NYPD officers have been victims of gun violence so far just this year ... 64 children injured by gun violence so far this year, 26 killed. So enough. Enough is enough because we know we can do things about this," the President said during his stop at NYPD headquarters for a Gun Violence Strategies Partnership meeting.

Hyperbole....

Last edited:

Biden...his...focus. You think that's a coincidence or maybe a concern for voters?

Last edited:
Serious question: I’m curious, are there any big cities controlled by Republicans? Surely some in the south?

Serious question: I’m curious, are there any big cities controlled by Republicans? Surely some in the south?
Urban blacks vote for Dems. Rural whites vote for pubs. I've wondered how things would look if it were reversed. Republican mayors in these high crime cities like Saint Louis and Democrat governors instead of Republican.

Ignorant posters re "blame on Biden" don't understand how anything works. Local crime reduction is in part a fed issue. Most local police departments rely heavily on federal funding. That's how local cops are paid in part. So it is indeed a Biden/Trump problem. You want to fight crime you need more federal funding.

Last edited:
Urban blacks vote for Dems. Rural whites vote for pubs. I've wondered how things would look if it were reversed. Republican mayors in these high crime cities like Saint Louis and Democrat governors instead of Republican
I don’t imagine they’d look much different. I think it’s just an obvious and sad fact of life that when you have a much larger population crammed into smaller spaces, there’s going to be a rise in crime rates.

There aren’t a ton on the left that want cops gone. More malarkey. Susan has been vilified by many on the left for quite some time. She actually wanted Trump to win, so it would bring the “revolution” quicker. She’s a nut job.

• Haha
Reactions: ulrey
I don’t imagine they’d look much different. I think it’s just an obvious and sad fact of life that when you have a much larger population crammed into smaller spaces, there’s going to be a rise in crime rates.
I'm not sure about that. I sometimes think the values/priorities of the parties might work better in reverse.

Crime is a huge issue at the moment - obviously why Biden is now making it a focus

I am not talking about the Clinton pivot I am talking about Biden and how he will not pivot. Bill Clinton democrats do not exist anymore except maybe a manchin but manchin's own party hates him. There are not enough moderates or basically more than a handful in the democrat party to make a pivot even possible.
Who are the moderates in the Republican Party? Seems to me the ones leaving office or that Trump wants to primary. Party of Trump.

oops another Bidne bombing gone wrong. I guess it is part of his pivot but they mess up everything they attempt. Just like Afgan he is bombing women and children.

U.S. Special Forces operators were involved in an action that killed 13 people, including women and children, during an airborne counterterrorism raid in northwestern Syria across the early hours of Thursday morning.

Four children, two women and seven men were reportedly killed during the two-hour attack which reportedly left behind blood-stained walls and “scattered” body parts – the Pentagon has declined to comment on which individual they were specifically targeting.
Um I think they already announced who the target was and that it was successful.

So yesterday we get Biden's feel good moonshot announcement that should galvanize all of us. Crime has been out of control the last year - following the insanity of BLM and the loony left with their attack on cops, bail reform, and dem mayors sympathetic to defunding the police at the behest of AOC, Cori Bush and the rest of the Squad of blinkards. So what does Biden do today - heads to NY to "buddy" up with Adams - an ex cop who promises to be tough on crime.

Could this be the early stages of the Clinton/Obama pivot away from the left and back to the middle; the Biden most of us expected and were okay with getting the big gig? If this were to transpire Trump would have no choice but to slither away. Dems start doing moonshots, focus on inflation and crime, disavow the Squad, embrace centrist policies, the right would be fooked

Is it really out of control?

Every single crime statistic in NYC (except felony assault, which was flat) was down double digits in 2021 compared to 2001. Down at least 20% compared to 1998. Down at least 50% compared to 1993. Felony assault was down drastically compared to '98 and '93.

Also way, way down.

Last year in Philadelphia, the City of Brotherly Love, 562 citizens were murdered—an all-time high and a 12 percent increase over 2020. Almost 90 percent of these homicides involved firearms, and the spike followed an even bigger surge in 2020, when killings were up by 40 percent. The numbers are sobering, but gun violence has been climbing in the city since 2013.

Philadelphia is not alone. At least ten other major cities lost historic numbers of residents to murder last year. Nationally, police data suggests homicides rose seven percent in 2021. And while many Americans know that 2020 was a particularly bloody year—with homicides surging 29 percent, with 77 percent of them involving firearms—few realize that gun violence has been rising across this country since 2014. Fatal shootings have increased by roughly 80 percent in the largest U.S. cities since then.

From CNN:

The trip comes amid a rash of high-profile shootings in major cities, including New York, and less than two weeks after two New York Police Department officers were fatally shot on the job. The trip is also taking place as several major American cities combat rising homicides and shootings -- 2020 saw the largest year-to-year spike in homicides on record, and some major cities recorded more homicides in 2020 or 2021 than in any other year on record.
"Every day in this country, 316 people are shot, 106 are killed and six NYPD officers have been victims of gun violence so far just this year ... 64 children injured by gun violence so far this year, 26 killed. So enough. Enough is enough because we know we can do things about this," the President said during his stop at NYPD headquarters for a Gun Violence Strategies Partnership meeting.

From CNN:

And despite the recent spike, the overall homicide rate is still just a little more than half what it was 30 years ago. NYC's homicide rate is less than a quarter what it was in the early 90's. "Out of control" is a bit of an overreaction at this point.

Reactions: Zizkov
And despite the recent spike, the overall homicide rate is still just a little more than half what it was 30 years ago. NYC's homicide rate is less than a quarter what it was in the early 90's. "Out of control" is a bit of an overreaction at this point.
"Philadelphia is not alone. At least ten other major cities lost historic numbers of residents to murder last year." Yes ten major cities losing historic numbers is an "overreaction." Get out of here with that bs. There's a reason Biden is making a point to address it. It's a big deal to people who live in cities and a priority to voters. Safety is about as fundamental as it gets

"Philadelphia is not alone. At least ten other major cities lost historic numbers of residents to murder last year." Yes ten major cities losing historic numbers is an "overreaction." Get out of here with that bs. There's a reason Biden is making a point to address it. It's a big deal to people who live in cities
I'm not saying it isn't a big deal. I'm just saying you're overreacting a bid. Something can be a big deal without it also being the Biggest Deal Ever.

I'm not saying it isn't a big deal. I'm just saying you're overreacting a bid. Something can be a big deal without it also being the Biggest Deal Ever.
I don't think safety is ever an overreaction. I would say ten major cities having historic numbers in murders is a pretty big deal, especially when you live in cities where violent crime is an issue

I don't think safety is ever an overreaction. I would say ten major cities having historic numbers in murders is a pretty big deal. And if you look at voter polling crime is at or near the top.
Historically, people always think crime is worse than it really is. It's something you can always count on.

Yes, I get it. Historic highs in some cities. And not in others. Why is it relevant that Philadelphia is historically deadly, but not relevant that New York is historically safe?

Sometimes people make it sound like we're suddenly living in The Purge. They need to get a grip.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
Yes, I get it. Historic highs in some cities. And not in others. Why is it relevant that Philadelphia is historically deadly, but not relevant that New York is historically safe?

Sometimes people make it sound like we're suddenly living in The Purge. They need to get a grip.
No not just some cities. The country. According to the FBI's annual Uniform Crime Report released in September, the nation saw a 30% increase in murder in 2020, the largest single-year jump since the bureau began recording crime statistics 60 years ago. Read the Abc article on causes.

Below was last week. I go to happy hour here all the time. This isn't some academic thing to complain about. I have no idea where you live but for people in many cities this shit is "out of control."

Hell our own Rep had her car shot up twice in two years

Pretty fundamental thing. Hardly hyperbole

Last edited:
So yesterday we get Biden's feel good moonshot announcement that should galvanize all of us. Crime has been out of control the last year - following the insanity of BLM and the loony left with their attack on cops, bail reform, and dem mayors sympathetic to defunding the police at the behest of AOC, Cori Bush and the rest of the Squad of blinkards. So what does Biden do today - heads to NY to "buddy" up with Adams - an ex cop who promises to be tough on crime.

Could this be the early stages of the Clinton/Obama pivot away from the left and back to the middle; the Biden most of us expected and were okay with getting the big gig? If this were to transpire Trump would have no choice but to slither away. Dems start doing moonshots, focus on inflation and crime, disavow the Squad, embrace centrist policies, the right would be fooked

If he tries, he'll **** it up just like he does everything.

Bernie and the Squad will burn the party down.

No not just some cities. The country. According to the FBI's annual Uniform Crime Report released in September, the nation saw a 30% increase in murder in 2020, the largest single-year jump since the bureau began recording crime statistics 60 years ago. Read the Abc article on causes.

Below was last week. I go to happy hour here all the time. This isn't some academic thing to complain about. I have no idea where you live but for people in many cities this shit is "out of control."

Hell our own Rep had her car shot up twice in two years

Pretty fundamental thing. Hardly hyperbole
You can do a comparison of the UCR website. Precipitous drop since 2000.
https://crime-data-explorer.app.cloud.gov/pages/explorer/crime/crime-trend

You can do a comparison of the UCR website. Precipitous drop since 2000.
https://crime-data-explorer.app.cloud.gov/pages/explorer/crime/crime-trend
Your chart doesn't even include the relevant timeframe. I'm talking about the spike that occurred in the last year/ year and a half and the policies/rhetoric that have fueled it and again within the context of Biden focusing on it. Here is a good article on it.

Some salient excerpts:

Chief LeRonne Armstrong of the Oakland, California, Police Department told ABC News recently that the lack of resources to fight crime is one of the reasons he suspects is why his city is seeing the highest number of homicides in decades. Oakland police have investigated at least 127 homicides in 2021, up from 102 in all of 2020. The Bay Area city's all-time high for homicides is 175 set in 1992.

“Nobody’s getting arrested anymore," Boyce said. "People are getting picked up for gun possession and they're just let out over and over again."

The FBI crime data shows that the number of arrests nationwide plummeted 24% in 2020, from the more than 10 million arrests made in 2019. The number of 2020 arrests -- 7.63 million -- is the lowest in 25 years, according to the data. FBI crime data is not yet available for 2021.

Christopher Herrmann, an assistant professor in the Department of Law & Police Science at John Jay College of Criminal Justice in New York City, said the decrease in arrests could be attributed to the large number of police officers who retired or resigned in 2020 and 2021.

A workforce survey released in June by the Police Executive Research Forum found the retirement rate in police departments nationwide jumped 45% over 2020 and 2021. And another 18% of officers resigned, the survey found, a development which coincided with nationwide social justice protests and calls to defund law enforcement agencies following the death of George Floyd at the hands of Minneapolis police officers.

The polices and rhetoric of the far left just don't make sense with respect to crime. The bullshit to come out of the summer of love and celebs and blm was inane. Cops are the answer. We just need to weed out the shitty ones - somehow. Biden to his credit gets it: Good read here:

Last edited:

Murder rates and violent crimes have risen in recent years, but crime in general really hasn't as this article points out. The article in part states,

America is in the midst of what is specifically a violence wave, not a broad crime wave. Even as violent crime rose, led by significant jumps in murders and aggravated assaults, property crime continued a years-long decline.

Murder rates and violent crimes have risen in recent years, but crime in general really hasn't as this article points out. The article in part states,

America is in the midst of what is specifically a violence wave, not a broad crime wave. Even as violent crime rose, led by significant jumps in murders and aggravated assaults, property crime continued a years-long decline.
Yes I meant violent. Other crimes would be expected to be down. People have been restricted. Less Dwis, traffic crimes, property as people are home etc. Less cops to catch people too.

Last edited:
But why is it when we talk about violent crime, we can never even discuss gun control? I know, only the bad guys will have guns.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT