Biden officially announced

mcmurtry66

Hall of Famer
Mar 14, 2019
Dream Team. Roll call. Wash post has top 3 presidential candidates:
1) biden
2) stay at home
3) Harris

Top ten include the 3 worst govs we can imagine in mi, ca, and Ill.

We cannot lose to these Dems. We have to rise up in solidarity and dump trump. That’s our slogan #dumptrump. The evidence is overwhelming. Lost us the senate twice. Lost to Biden by a mile already. Still talking about election lies when every single court dumped the suits because they were devoid of any evidence. Fox anchors admitted they lied. Fox hit for almost a billion for its lies. The dumbest people in gov are boebert and the trump crowd. Four seasons. Proud boys. Find me votes. Enough is enough. Time to wake up (DANC still sleeping that’s okay) and settle on someone who can actually win.

So let’s hear it? Who we backing?

1) biden
2) stay at home
3) Harris

We cannot lose to these Dems. We have to rise up in solidarity and dump trump. That’s our slogan #dumptrump. The evidence is overwhelming. Lost us the senate twice. Lost to Biden by a mile already. Still talking about election lies when every single court dumped the suits because they were devoid of any evidence. Fox anchors admitted they lied. Fox hit for almost a billion for its lies. The dumbest people in gov are boebert and the trump crowd. Four seasons. Proud boys. Find me votes. Enough is enough. Time to wake up (DANC still sleeping that’s okay) and settle on someone who can actually win.

DeSantis and Haley.

Trumpers will come around. We. Just. Can’t. Have. Four. More. Years. Of. Biden/Harris.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Susan Rice replace Harris. Can Harris replace Feinstein? Give her a soft landing to reduce the embarrassment.

• Wow
Reactions: DANC
DeSantis and Haley.

Trumpers will come around. We. Just. Can’t. Have. Four. More. Years. Of. Biden/Harris.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Susan Rice replace Harris. Can Harris replace Feinstein? Give her a soft landing to reduce the embarrassment.
Good thoughts. And no we can’t.

DeSantis and Haley.

It appears to know DeSantis is to hate DeSantis. Given the old saw that the winner is the person America more wants to have a beer with, Haley, Scott, or Hutchison may be better bets.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
It appears to know DeSantis is to hate DeSantis. Given the old saw that the winner is the person America more wants to have a beer with, Haley, Scott, or Hutchison may be better bets.

May be true. I know a guy down here - have had dinner several times with him and his bride - who is on Gov. Kemp’s security detail (7 days on; 7 days off). Says that Kemp is extremely good and comfortable with people. DeSantis, OTOH, who he has met several times, struggles and could stand some lessons with Kemp.

While I totally agree with and sanction drinking beer with someone good, I‘m not about to dismiss competence.

May be true. I know a guy down here - have had dinner several times with him and his bride - who is on Gov. Kemp’s security detail (7 days on; 7 days off). Says that Kemp is extremely good and comfortable with people. DeSantis, OTOH, who he has met several times, struggles and could stand some lessons with Kemp.

While I totally agree with and sanction drinking beer with someone good, I‘m not about to dismiss competence.
If Kemp wants Trump gone he should give us that signature match. That’s the only way otherwise we nominate Tucker or Lake in 2028. Much secure election in world history, right? He should want to prove that.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and Bowlmania
1) biden
2) stay at home
3) Harris

You're spitting into the wind. The GOP nominee will be Donald Trump - - victim, martyr.

Republican leadership appropriately called him out following his post-election conduct that culminated in January 6. A short time later, they folded like a cheap suit when they realized their own political survival could be at stake. They stuck with this guy, and this is what happens. You reap what you sow.

1) biden
2) stay at home
3) Harris

It's still to far away to make a decision for DeSantis. It will be a nasty primary and if he does win, the chances of Trump endorsing him are slim to none. Long term, it's probably better for him to let Trump win the nomination and then lose to Biden. People need to suffer, before they are open to change. 4 more years of Biden and you will see a shift to the right. Republicans do need to gain seats in the House or Senate.

It's still to far away to make a decision for DeSantis. It will be a nasty primary and if he does win, the chances of Trump endorsing him are slim to none. Long term, it's probably better for him to let Trump win the nomination and then lose to Biden. People need to suffer, before they are open to change. 4 more years of Biden and you will see a shift to the right. Republicans do need to gain seats in the House or Senate.
Trump is obviously a guaranteed loser and just needs to go away. Today. Four more years won’t fix Desantis’ personality defects. If he’s a drip better to figure out someone else now.

DeSantis and Haley.

I might vote Desantis or Trump against Hitler. Desantis maybe the most disloyal person in politics. It's entirely plausible he would not even be in politics any longer if Trump didn't carry in him GOP gov primary. Now he throws trump under the bus. Wow.

Haley/Pompeo 2 self serving neocons in a pod.

Trump is obviously a guaranteed loser and just needs to go away. Today. Four more years won’t fix Desantis’ personality defects. If he’s a drip better to figure out someone else now.
I wasn't very clear. I don't think any Republican is going to win because of Trump. There are too many Trumpers who will stay home because Trump's an a#@hole and won't endorse anyone who beats him.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
The country can't endure 4 more years of Biden/Harris. Their incompetencies are overwhelming.

• Haha
Reactions: IU_Hickory
You're spitting into the wind. The GOP nominee will be Donald Trump - - victim, martyr.

Trump may be the worst thing to happen to this country, politically speaking, in the last 100 years. It's not helping Democrats either. That we're looking at Biden/Harris again in 2024 can be directly attributed to the existence of Donald Trump. Democrats can revel in the disaster that Trump is for the GOP, but in reality he's a disaster for them too. Just look at this clown show.

1) biden
2) stay at home
3) Harris

A few on here seem to be backing Putin.

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
Trump’s chance is zero. The mid term showed as much.
Impt states PA, GA, Mi, AZ.
I've been full on behind this line of thinking ever since the 22 midterms.

A Dan Dakich tweet, of all things, has given me some pause. Hard for me to explain how...but the gist is he called anyone who would vote for Biden dumb...which is the same talk that happened in 20 about Trump.

Biden beat Trump largely because Trump is such a horrible human being, that millions used their vote to vote him out of office, rather than actually vote for Biden.

Biden has proven to be a disaster as a President. With actual decisions, he might even have surpassed Trump as the worst President in modern history. I still think taken in totality, Trump will go down as the single worst President in US history...but Biden sure is challenging that.

Anyway...I think a pretty huge chunk of voters in 24, that voted against Trump and for Biden, will either swing back to what they now might see as the "lesser of two evils", or just stay home all together. I think if the election were today, Trump might actually have a chance.

It still remains incredibly frustrating though, that a Biden, or Trump, 2nd term is even a possibility at this point. And all it would take is basically ANY reasonable Republican candidate to emerge, and the sooner the better, and that possibility would go away. And we'd ALL be better off for it.

And if I'm an actual conservative right now (I'm not), what would concern me as much, if not more, than the POTUS race are the down ballot races. The country is ready, right now, to shift and swing more conservative. A lot can change in a year, but as it stands today, the ONLY thing that could stop that is Trump running for POTUS. That infects the entire ballot. It influences who will be on the ballot in the first place, Republican candidates will be forced to kiss the ring in their candidacies, etc... America might choose they want Biden out, but that doesn't mean they want all their leaders to be and act like Trump!

I predict that if the election were today, Biden would beat Trump in a razor thin margin, but the Dems would probably gain everywhere else.

WHY WOULD ANY REPUBLICAN BE WILLING TO RISK THAT?

A Dan Dakich tweet, of all things, has given me some pause. Hard for me to explain how...but the gist is he called anyone who would vote for Biden dumb...which is the same talk that happened in 20 about Trump.

Biden beat Trump largely because Trump is such a horrible human being, that millions used their vote to vote him out of office, rather than actually vote for Biden.

Biden has proven to be a disaster as a President. With actual decisions, he might even have surpassed Trump as the worst President in modern history. I still think taken in totality, Trump will go down as the single worst President in US history...but Biden sure is challenging that.

Anyway...I think a pretty huge chunk of voters in 24, that voted against Trump and for Biden, will either swing back to what they now might see as the "lesser of two evils", or just stay home all together. I think if the election were today, Trump might actually have a chance.

It still remains incredibly frustrating though, that a Biden, or Trump, 2nd term is even a possibility at this point. And all it would take is basically ANY reasonable Republican candidate to emerge, and the sooner the better, and that possibility would go away. And we'd ALL be better off for it.

And if I'm an actual conservative right now (I'm not), what would concern me as much, if not more, than the POTUS race are the down ballot races. The country is ready, right now, to shift and swing more conservative. A lot can change in a year, but as it stands today, the ONLY thing that could stop that is Trump running for POTUS. That infects the entire ballot. It influences who will be on the ballot in the first place, Republican candidates will be forced to kiss the ring in their candidacies, etc... America might choose they want Biden out, but that doesn't mean they want all their leaders to be and act like Trump!

I predict that if the election were today, Biden would beat Trump in a razor thin margin, but the Dems would probably gain everywhere else.

Yup. Trump is just an absolute disaster for us. He has a rabid core they just doesn’t include enough people to do anything

If Kemp wants Trump gone he should give us that signature match. That’s the only way otherwise we nominate Tucker or Lake in 2028. Much secure election in world history, right? He should want to prove that.
Boy you sure do embrace the crazy. Why stop there? Steve Bannon and Alex Jones would be the dream team.

I’m not sure what it says that a Dakich tweet is the one that gave you pause! But you must be the only one on Twitter he hasn’t blocked. I got blocked years ago for disagreeing with him on something Basketball related. He’s so thin skinned! But why do you think the country is ready to switch to more conservative? I think we are just beginning to see the backlash of Dobbs decision, among other things.

I’m not sure what it says that a Dakich tweet is the one that gave you pause! But you must be the only one on Twitter he hasn’t blocked. I got blocked years ago for disagreeing with him on something Basketball related. He’s so thin skinned! But why do you think the country is ready to switch to more conservative? I think we are just beginning to see the backlash of Dobbs decision, among other things.
I think it’s ready to move to more conservative too. But that doesn’t have to mean conservative. Just closer to the middle

The economy drives most elections...and its faltering. I think if pushed to make decisions right now, and if things continue where they're likely to continue until 24'...most Americans will vote more with their pocketbooks this time than last. And pocketbook votes are usually votes against who's perceived to be in power...and that also plays in to what Trumps single biggest opportunity would be...the economy was better for most when he left office than it will be when they vote again.

And I think the social issue votes that Dems pick up, will be counter balanced by the votes they'll lose from all the "woke" fatigue.

The economy drives most elections...and its faltering. I think if pushed to make decisions right now, and if things continue where they're likely to continue until 24'...most Americans will vote more with their pocketbooks this time than last. And pocketbook votes are usually votes against who's perceived to be in power...and that also plays in to what Trumps single biggest opportunity would be...the economy was better for most when he left office than it will be when they vote again.

And I think the social issue votes that Dems pick up, will be counter balanced by the votes they'll lose from all the "woke" fatigue.
We’ll see. People have been underestimating the anger from women in midterms, Wisconsin, etc. I don’t think it’s going away. And young people are paying attention and becoming more motivated also. Broke all youth records in Wisconsin court vote.

• Haha
James Buchanan says "hold my beer".

I don't. January 6th is going to stick in peoples minds for another decade minimum. Trump hasn't done anything to improve his image since he left. The Mar-a-lago documents issue did not help. The not being able to let go of the whole "the election was stolen" thing doesn't sit well with most people either.

Most people really don't care about "wokeness". Most people don't care that much about Ukraine / foreign policy. The withdrawl from Afghanistan is Biden's biggest black eye, but that has probably also mostly faded in the minds of most Americans. They care about what affects their life, right here, right now. Life is better now than when Biden first took office (bear in mind, yes, we are talking about coming out of Covid-world, so that bar was REALLY low). You may personally not believe that, but the average American probably does.

Trump can claim "Things were going better when I was president", but his handling of Covid and January 6th happened right at the end of his presidency, and that is going to be what people remember him for.

Why do we care about these inane polls. We already saw what happened n the germane states. Reality not fiction. Facts. Az, ga, pa. Not guesses predicated on some goofy sample
Maybe Nate Silver can help. Oh wait 😅

• Haha
Trump can claim "Things were going better when I was president", but his handling of Covid and January 6th happened right at the end of his presidency, and that is going to be what people remember him for
I find it hilarious that the one time in his administration, that he turned the power over to the swamp, who effectively killed a generation, is a negative on HIS performance record. To double down on the calamity, people blame him for using the team that they support, instead of going with his gut. This is the Trump presidency in a nut shell, repeated a million times.

Reactions: DANC and Crayfish57
I find it hilarious that the one time in his administration, that he turned the power over to the swamp, who effectively killed a generation, is a negative on HIS performance record. To double down on the calamity, people blame him for using the team that they support, instead of going with his gut. This is the Trump presidency in a nut shell, repeated a million times.
It's the inane words from Trump's mouth during his "updates" that people hold against him, not the government response. I actually give Trump alot of credit for helping cut through the red tape to get the vaccine process started. If Trump had been smart enough to work in the background and not get in front of the podium every day:
(Paraphrasing)
"It's 15 cases and soon it will be down to zero"
"It will be gone by Easter"
"There is some information out there about using bleach and using high intensity light"
"It's just a really bad cold"

You can deliver hope and lead people without making stupid statements in the process. I guarantee that the support team was not telling him to say those things.

Reactions: UncleMark
When is Kate Upton running?
Can I be her running mate?

kate-upton-beach.gif

If it's Trump vs Biden the determining factor will be who doesn't vote. Probably the lowest turnout on record.

I remember many months ago, there was a thread and in it, someone had said something about Trump, Biden and a cucumber being president.

I would take the cucumber if those were my 3 choices right now.

Reactions: Indyhorn

Kemp scares me the most from a Republican vs Democrat who can win standpoint.

He's been able to position himself as just a talented politician who stood by but also stood up to Trump's worst bullshit and actually gained in popularity in Georgia.

Kemp seems like a true guy from the right who could have strong appeal to the middle, especially vs a could be 86 year old president. Good grief.

Desantis used to scare me but he doesn't at all anymore as the youth vote is a tidal wave and they are significantly against pretty much everything Desantis is pushing in Florida.

So yeah, Kemp would be a unique guy to try to campaign against from the Dem side.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT