ADVERTISEMENT

White House issues impeachment marching orders to media

CO. Hoosier

Hall of Famer
Aug 29, 2001
Just when you think the Democrat/Media complex cannot get w,orse, it does.

The White House sends a letter with pages of attachments to all major media outlets claiming that the Republicans are lying, Biden did nothing wrong, and to up their efforts scrutinize the Republicans.

The Chutzpah of such a letter is bad enough. What’s worse is that many in the media have and will take it seriously. Democracy has no chance without an honest and independent media, and the White House is doing everything it can to subvert the media. Just last week, a federal court bitch-slapped The White House ( not the government but the White House) for.censorship and social media influence. Now this.

This all comes from a President who has lied about the substance of the investigation, can’t hold a press conference about the substance of the investigation, stonewalls congressional investigators at every turn all while claiming it is saving democracy.

What a country.

The White House sends a letter with pages of attachments to all major media outlets claiming that the Republicans are lying, Biden did nothing wrong, and to up their efforts scrutinize the Republicans.

The Chutzpah of such a letter is bad enough. What’s worse is that many in the media have and will take it seriously. Democracy has no chance without an honest and independent media, and the White House is doing everything it can to subvert the media. Just last week, a federal court bitch-slapped The White House ( not the government but the White House) for.censorship and social media influence. Now this.

This all comes from a President who has lied about the substance of the investigation, can’t hold a press conference about the substance of the investigation, stonewalls congressional investigators at every turn all while claiming it is saving democracy.

What a country.

I see this differently. It's countering the Republicans at their own game. With all the loudmouth Freedom Caucus members almost literally talking daily about the evils of the Biden crime family on any cable news network that will let them, this is the White House's rebuke to all that noise.

Joe Biden gets to stay above the fray and actually just be president while his staff puts out this memo with facts to back it up. When you're up for re-election the court of public opinion certainly matters, but it wouldn't do Joe Biden any good to stoop to the level of Marjorie, Lauren, Gaetz and the others that are driving the GOP bus.

Last edited:
What further evidence is needed that we now have a DNC ran media? They provide their own evidence. The founding fathers are rolling in their graves. civil war is on our doorstep ! There will soon be corpse hanging from rope in the streets!

*giant wanking motion*
Do you mean the lame stream media's fake news?
I see this differently. It's countering the Republicans at their own game. With all the loudmouth Freedom Caucus members almost literally talking about the evils of the Biden crime family on any cable news network that will let them, this is the White House's rebuke to all that noise.

Joe Biden gets to stay above the fray and actually just be president while his staff puts out this memo with facts to back it up. When you're up for re-election the court of public opinion certainly matters, but it wouldn't do Joe Biden any good to stoop to the level of Marjorie, Lauren, Gaetz and the others that are driving the GOP bus.
You guys are a riot. I wondered how the left would defend this letter. As a defense we get something about jerking off, laughing emogis, something about lying media, and the usual dose of Gaetz and MTG. Typical.

Nobody expected the White House not to respond, and nobody expects Biden to be open and stop lying. But for me, Id like to know who opened the bank accounts for the Biden grand kids and why foreign interests made deposits to those accounts. Maybe there is an honest and reasonable explanation for all the LLC’s, accounts, deposits, and Biden’s extreme reluctance to explain any of it. Providing the explanation over the objection of the subject is why we have a free press.

What a country.

Happy Big Brother GIF by MOODMAN

You guys are a riot. I wondered how the left would defend this letter. As a defense we get something about jerking off, laughing emogis, something about lying media, and the usual dose of Gaetz and MTG. Typical.

Nobody expected the White House not to respond, and nobody expects Biden to be open and stop lying. But for me, Id like to know who opened the bank accounts for the Biden grand kids and why foreign interests made deposits to those accounts. Maybe there is an honest and reasonable explanation for all the LLC’s, accounts, deposits, and Biden’s extreme reluctance to explain any of it. Providing the explanation over the objection of the subject is why we have a free press.
double down on dumb

Canadian Lol GIF

All they did was say to increase scrutiny. Didn't say anywhere to lie or to do anything wrong. More like trying to counter the bull crap coming from your side.

This is no where near the "find me 11,000 votes" bull crap of your idol.

Reactions: Ohio Guy

What specifically is wrong with the actual letter?

We have politicians using this issue to stoke up their base, while many of their own party members say there is no evidence.

Reactions: bawlmer
Nobody expected the White House not to respond, and nobody expects Biden to be open and stop lying. But for me, Id like to know who opened the bank accounts for the Biden grand kids and why foreign interests made deposits to those accounts. Maybe there is an honest and reasonable explanation for all the LLC’s, accounts, deposits, and Biden’s extreme reluctance to explain any of it. Providing the e plantation over the objection of the subjects is why we have a free press.
You should launch your own investigation!

LFG!!!

The Biden Disinfo CZAR. This admin is straight up communist.

nina-jankowicz-tiktok-3.jpg

LOL. So your real complaint is team Biden didn't just come clean and admit everything. You're a ****ing riot.

Reactions: cosmickid

What were your takes when you found Trump was texting 'news' anchors directly?

What specifically is wrong with the actual letter?
Seriously?

Public officials use the media all the time fir spin, lies, and to otherwise communicate with the public. But this letter is not that. This is a letter from the White House to the media about what to do. The White House is seeks to make the press its agent.

WTF Does that even mean?

it means the guy you look the other way for and defend.

The fact that you started a thread complaining that the president wanted media to scrutinize the bs your party is doing says much about you.

How exactly is this any different than Team Trump's media marching orders for the Wingnut crowd? Trump lied and claimed he didn't ever expose classfied documents to any unauthorized person,until we found out the unauthorized person talked and it was all on tape.

Seriously?

The White House is seeks to make the press its agent.

No it's not. It just asked for more scrutiny.

And if you think Trump's white house (and past administrations) hadn't done anything similar then i have oceanfront property in Indiana to sell you.

How exactly is this any different than Team Trump's media marching orders for the Wingnut crowd? Trump lied and claimed he didn't ever expose classfied documents to any unauthorized person,until we found out the unauthorized person talked and it was all on tape.

Trump's a republican. CO thinks it's ok for republicans but not for dems.

ID
ten
T

What a country.

Why wouldn't the media want to scrutinize it, when the main premise is a thoroughly debunked lie (Shokin) that has been proven false innumerable times but is still repeated ad nauseum from people either too stupid to be discussing the issue or people blatantly lying.

Tell me you're not stupid enough to swallow the claim that Shokin was a "good prosecutor"?

No it's not. It just asked for more scrutiny.

And if you think Trump's white house (and past administrations) hadn't done anything similar then i have oceanfront property in Indiana to sell you.
Nope. The kind of coziness this communication suggests is never proper.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Why wouldn't the media want to scrutinize it, when the main premise is a thoroughly debunked lie (Shokin) that has been proven false innumerable times but is still repeated ad nauseum from people either too stupid to be discussing the issue or people blatantly lying.
Try again. You missed the point.

Seriously?

Public officials use the media all the time fir spin, lies, and to otherwise communicate with the public. But this letter is not that. This is a letter from the White House to the media about what to do. The White House is seeks to make the press its agent.
They're presenting their side of the story, and the subject of the memo isn't truly matching the headline or your issue with it. They're asking the media to scrutinize the republicans' false claims, and they presented comments made by members of the GOP as support.

This isn't some edict, or them trying to strong arm news executives.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
Why do people on this board post cryptic messages instead of just coming out and saying what they mean to say? You're replying to my post,and I have no idea what the **** you're trying to say...

If you disagree with me on a factual basis post something credible to disprove what I posted.

Are you trying to say Trump didn't lie and claim he never showed classified documents to anyone? Do I need to link the tapes of his voice claiming he had a stack of papers?

How do you think the FBI/DOJ who were investigating Mar A Lago found out about an unknown meeting at Bedminster that was audio taped in the first place? Just a lucky guess?

They're presenting their side of the story, and the subject of the memo isn't truly matching the headline or your issue with it. They're asking the media to scrutinize the republicans' false claims, and they presented comments made by members of the GOP as support.

Nope. This info was not provided at a the regular WH press briefing. It was provided by a direct communication from the WH counsel’s office to media execs. This is a communication to the media, not a communication to the public via the media. It’s wrong. Period.

What a country.

Biden has been accused off of inuendo and far less than credible claims by some very sketchy characters. Meanwhile Trump has been indicted in 4 sepearte jurisdictions by Grand jurors who heard hours of testimony and possibly thousands of documents...

In response Trump has carried on a race baiting, vitrolic attack against a variety of law enforcement officials, prosecutors and judges including revealing personal information about them and their families, and issuing veiled threats...

Biden sent a letter to news media, and THAT is what you're upset about? You don't find Trump's conduct (both before and after indictment) deplorable?

Why do people on this board post cryptic messages instead of just coming out and saying what they mean to say? You're replying to my post,and I have no idea what the **** you're trying to say...

If you disagree with me on a factual basis post something credible to disprove what I posted.

Are you trying to say Trump didn't lie and claim he never showed classified documents to anyone? Do I need to link the tapes of his voice claiming he had a stack of papers?

How do you think the FBI/DOJ who were investigating Mar A Lago found out about an unknown meeting at Bedminster that was audio taped in the first place? Just a lucky guess?
The next time you post fact, will be the first.

Quack bang, out.

Reactions: Indianaftw

What a country.

Haha exact same headline I saw. Speaking of marching orders…

Why does it need defending?

Reactions: IU_Hickory
Biden has been accused off of inuendo and far less than credible claims by some very sketchy characters. Meanwhile Trump has been indicted in 4 sepearte jurisdictions by Grand jurors who heard hours of testimony and possibly thousands of documents...

In response Trump has carried on a race baiting, vitrolic attack against a variety of law enforcement officials, prosecutors and judges including revealing personal information about them and their families, and issuing veiled threats...

Biden sent a letter to news media, and THAT is what you're upset about? You don't find Trump's conduct (both before and after indictment) deplorable?
Whutabout Trump anyway.

Irs agents testified that their investigation was blocked. Are they sketchy?

As for using the media as a tool it’s probably, fundamentally, a more problematic issue than the shitty politicians themselves. And yes trucker Carlson and others have basically admitted they’ve lied in their reporting.

I’m not sure there’s a lower profession today than journalism.

Our institutions need a reboot

Last edited:

ID ten T = id 10 t

He was just trying to disguise an insult.

I think it's also fair to point out that this is a good strategy.

Biden isn't whining about being treated unfairly in front of cameras or crowds. He's not posting crazy things on social media about the impeachment inquiry. He's actually sticking to the job he was elected to do and letting the White House communications staff issue a statement.

I'd prefer the US president let his communications team handle this PR measure as opposed to stomping his feet and crying about it every chance he got. It's also nice that he's not trying to grift his supporters for political contributions on this.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT