ADVERTISEMENT

Racial animosity among Trump voters

You toss the term "racist" around but you can't define what constitutes racism... You just want to hurl hate into the room without being responsible for your defining what you mean. Make a list. What is racism?
racism: prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism by an individual, community, or institution against a person or people on the basis of their membership in a particular racial or ethnic group, typically one that is a minority or marginalized.

news flash: there are racists in our society. The clear majority of Trump supporters, in my experience, though, are not racists, or at least are not overt racists.

But when someone is a racist and in 2016 or 2020 made a decision on whom to support, their choice was pretty much always Trump. I'd guess it broke 99:1.

Trump has consistently OWNED the racist demographic. It's just a fact.

Last edited:
The term "racist" gets tossed around very easily here, but I have never seen a post here - only been here around 25 years in one board or another - that makes even a slight attempt to define nor even to identify conduct that falls within the long missing definition of "racist" I suspect - though I have no data testing the suspicion - that no one here - at least not on the left,, can define what defines the weapon being used to attempt to harm those claimed to be racist. I've done LOT of polling in Indiana over decades. Never once did I hear of an open response to any question that showed action based upon racism. I suggest that before anyone here ever uses the term again without being sanctioned, an agreed definition of the term "racism" be posted and pinned permanently at the top and every use of the term be measured against the accepted definition and found to fit or be removed.

That's a long way of saying that posters here do not know what racism means but use the term unwisely minute after minute here as a weapon of hate and those who use it shouldn't be allowed t

You prove my point. You toss the term "racist" around but you can't define what constitutes racism. Understood - you don't want to be held to some standard. You just want to hurl hate into the room without being responsible for your defining what you mean. Make a list. What is racism? Not who is racist. Not until at least you are accountable for defining your hatred.
I'm not going to play your game Ladoga.

I think we’re both right. Trump is a racist, narcissistic opportunist. And that’s just for starters.
You are just an fool that somehow has this idea that everything is based on racism. Do tell us all your stupid thoughts since was just your starter.

Reactions: stollcpa
Well, you and Crazy prove my point. You choose to ignore the racism, even deny it when it was not debatable. No, supporting strong border security isn't racist. Wanting to make America great again isn't racist. Categorizing a population of people as murderers, rapists, etc. is. There are too many examples to deny Trump's embrace of racism. McM suggests it's just Trump being strategic. I'm convinced it's who he is. Whether it is strategy or reality, voters who support Trump seem to be fine with it. It doesn't make Trump supporters racists, but the stink still applies.
JFC you don't even know what racism is. You are just another idiot that thinks you are cool tossing the word racism about everything. Biden is an actual racist but you will deny that.

Obviously, you liked it from the title alone, right? Probably couldn't put it down..

From the notes, it seems to just be another excuse why rubes were rubes and voted for an obvious opportunistic grifting con man ..

This time it's okay because some democrats in the past acted like him?

And, it came to the conclusion that it was partially based on economics and partially based on local community sanctity. Just good hearted old fashioned neighborly concern, y'all ... and we's shop local. (Narrator: at the local walmart)

Wow, so profound.. what's the writer's next project, maga-splainin' the dampness of water?

I hope you didn't actually pay to read that .. lmao.

The reason he became president is obvious. There's a lot of poor, stupid, scared, disgruntled, malcontent people in this country and he was evil and opportunistic enough to manipulate their fears for his own gain. It's what populists do ....

The concept is too stupid to continue arguing but thanks for the small laugh ..
I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss it. It's published by Brookings and they're commonly considered a liberal leaning or center left think tank and called that in the press. From what I read on the page it seems to partially explain what happened in the small communities around Wright-Patt. There was populism and racism factors too but that can't be the whole story. You and me would never vote for Trump but I'm sure other Democrats and former Democrats did and I don't think it was all about Trump. This area of Ohio seemed to shift pretty hard to Republican from Democrat when Trump became a thing. I don't understand it but I can't dismiss it. We should be trying to get some of those former Democrats back in the party and Democratic politicians can't appeal to them unless they understand them.

JFC you don't even know what racism is. You are just another idiot that thinks you are cool tossing the word racism about everything. Biden is an actual racist but you will deny that.
You voted for and support Trump. You don't matter.

I know fear of brown people was a large factor in my personal decision to vote for Trump. Probably 2nd to owning the libs.

You voted for and support Trump. You don't matter.
Wow really ? You know me? I know you are an a##hole . Tell me I don't matter ? GFY . I'm testing things to see what liberals can say anything they want and demonstrate how stupid they truly are and you are example #1 . Meanwhile the opposing view gets their posts censored.

What crazy writes above is a deflection away from the salient point: a significant chunk of Trump's support in the primary was from racially disgruntled whites. Basically, racists. They loved him. We all know it. Let's just admit it and move on.
That's racist. I kid, I kid. But almost everything is considered racist these days.

Last edited:
Reactions: Crayfish57
I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss it. It's published by Brookings and they're commonly considered a liberal leaning or center left think tank and called that in the press. From what I read on the page it seems to partially explain what happened in the small communities around Wright-Patt. There was populism and racism factors too but that can't be the whole story. You and me would never vote for Trump but I'm sure other Democrats and former Democrats did and I don't think it was all about Trump. This area of Ohio seemed to shift pretty hard to Republican from Democrat when Trump became a thing. I don't understand it but I can't dismiss it. We should be trying to get some of those former Democrats back in the party and Democratic politicians can't appeal to them unless they understand them.

This is the type of thing Tim Ryan has spoken about in 2020 and 2022. The Democrats can't afford to run in just the cities. I think there has been a slight improvement. It is hard to craft a message to both rural and urban, neither party does and neither party has been trying.

Yea but the group described historically were Dems but believed trump spoke to them and went with him. The distinction is that circle believes race was the reason. I don’t. I believe it was their station in life and fear for their economic future
Station in life and weakness. Whatever happened to taking care of oneself. No matter who the idiot in charge is, they will leave many broken promises in their wake.

Well, you and Crazy prove my point. You choose to ignore the racism, even deny it when it was not debatable. No, supporting strong border security isn't racist. Wanting to make America great again isn't racist. Categorizing a population of people as murderers, rapists, etc. is. There are too many examples to deny Trump's embrace of racism. McM suggests it's just Trump being strategic. I'm convinced it's who he is. Whether it is strategy or reality, voters who support Trump seem to be fine with it. It doesn't make Trump supporters racists, but the stink still applies.
It's posts like these that make me appreciate how divided our country really is. It's disappointing, but is what it is I guess.

Station in life and weakness. Whatever happened to taking care of oneself. No matter who the idiot in charge is, they will leave many broken promises in their wake.
There will always be an underclass. Dumb. Injured. Where they are born. Whatever. With production you had a path out that was doable. Stand at a conveyor belt. When those gigs are gone and people see more and more tech that feels out of reach they get spooked.

There will always be an underclass. Dumb. Injured. Where they are born. Whatever. With production you had a path out that was doable. Stand at a conveyor belt. When those gigs are gone and people see more and more tech that feels out of reach they get spooked.
The problem is the underclass is getting larger and larger by the day. I completely understand your point. I see it the way I see it.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
That’s not what he did.

What crazy writes above is a deflection away from the salient point: a significant chunk of Trump's support in the primary was from racially disgruntled whites. Basically, racists. They loved him. We all know it. Let's just admit it and move on.
I don't disagree necessarily, but Trump tailored his message specifically to appeal to that type of voter in particular states first to (1) win enough separate primaries, and then to (2) win enough electoral votes.

I think what others are pointing out here is that both those things are determined on a state-by-state basis, not in the aggregate.

This thread is amazing and what I really love is how it shows the true racist for what they are. It may not be about skin color. i find it amazing how some people @Circlejoe @ I'm a a##hole.as example #1 will cry racism about everything and yet denigrate people in general because of their station in life or the one people like @Circlejoe perceive them as. @Circlejoe is in fact the bigest racist on here he is just too dumb to realize it.

• Love
Reactions: stollcpa and Lucy01
I don't disagree necessarily, but Trump tailored his message specifically to appeal to that type of voter in particular states first to (1) win enough separate primaries, and then to (2) win enough electoral votes.

I think what others are pointing out here is that both those things are determined on a state-by-state basis, not in the aggregate.
JFC, what do you think any politician does?

Reactions: Lucy01

This is the type of thing Tim Ryan has spoken about in 2020 and 2022. The Democrats can't afford to run in just the cities. I think there has been a slight improvement. It is hard to craft a message to both rural and urban, neither party does and neither party has been trying.
Both of these are things where you can have a discussion. Pin the racist tail on the elephant gets really tiresome when there are better and more precise answers to what is motivating people.

McCain didn't embrace racism. I guess that's why people like him are now called RINOs.

Sorry, he was a racist too.

There’s no racism in Chicago, New York, Baltimore politics and they’re doing great 🙄
Certainly Biden’s administration was chosen for their merit. Not the Color of skin or sexual orientation!

Would a disdain for Hillary Clinton have had anything to do with why a lot of people left the Democrat party in 16? Clinton was a terrible candidate. She didn't work as hard as Donald Trump. It is easy to just call people racists. I mean some people think that those who voted for Trump were racist just because they voted for him.

You prove my point. You toss the term "racist" around but you can't define what constitutes racism. Understood - you don't want to be held to some standard. You just want to hurl hate into the room without being responsible for your defining what you mean. Make a list. What is racism? Not who is racist. Not until at least you are accountable for defining your hatred.
I would say that Biden's comment,"If you vote for Trump then you ain't black" is racist. It is the same mentality the slave owner instilled into the house negro. Malcolm X does a unique talk about the difference between the field negro and the house negro. One is independent thinking and the other is institutional thinking. If the master's house burns down the field negro applauds whereas the house negro will try to help put the fire out. With tears he will work to keep the status quo because he doesn't want to go back into the field. Biden thinks a lot like a slave owner.

I would say that Biden's comment,"If you vote for Trump then you ain't black" is racist. It is the same mentality the slave owner instilled into the house negro. Malcolm X does a unique talk about the difference between the field negro and the house negro. One is independent thinking and the other is institutional thinking. If the master's house burns down the field negro applauds whereas the house negro will try to help put the fire out. With tears he will work to keep the status quo because he doesn't want to go back into the field. Biden thinks a lot like a slave owner.
I support whatever Ted Nugent says!

Would a disdain for Hillary Clinton have had anything to do with why a lot of people left the Democrat party in 16? Clinton was a terrible candidate. She didn't work as hard as Donald Trump. It is easy to just call people racists. I mean some people think that those who voted for Trump were racist just because they voted for him.
Yes, some people really hated Hillary. Other people were racists. There are more than one kind of person.

Reactions: outside shooter
If the same basic idea had beensaid by the right/Republicans the internet would have melted down @zeke4ahs Lets see what she has to say. My money is nothing.

Reactions: VanPastorMan
So whites with high racial resentment created and elevated trump to the nomination but needed a ton of help to secure the 2016 election.

2020 the moderate and race neutral voters that elected him in 2016 voted for Biden

Trump is an old school moderate Democrat running as a Republican who got hit with the racist label. That chased away the white credentialed class. The end.
The old county club whites are now democrats trump appeals to the working class which includes minorities now. I used to hang out with that crew and they hate trump now. It burns them that trump can get voters they never could and why i am no longer a republican. They hate the working class period and are pissed they are not choosing who they want.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT