ADVERTISEMENT

Trump Insanity: The January Edition

I have no idea if this is correct, but here goes

The threshold seems a bit dumb. Are the migrants required to hire someone to count crossings to make sure they stay under 5000 so they don't shut down the border? Lol. I don't get that one.

A harsher penalty for making multiple attempts after being denied makes sense

Speeding up asylum decisions make sense.

I agree with part of you are saying but are we prepared to deal with the consequences? It would lead to a combination of higher costs and a slow down in availability of many goods and services.

I'm not sure you could pay the average American enough to work on a roof in the American southeast in August. Or any other month for that matter.

Same with meat packing, manual farm jobs, etc. I don't say this to be argumentative. Just that there would be fallout.
My uncle owns an asphalt co and my cousin a roofing co. The Midwest in the summer is every bit as bad as the SE. Hard work. But people do it and like it - all things considered. Done by 3

Reactions: Spartans9312
I'm not sure you could pay the average American enough to work on a roof in the American southeast in August. Or any other month for that matter.
Yeah, a worker has to be pretty desperate to climb onto a roof on a regular basis in the south in the summer. In Florida, for example, it is stifling heat and humidity every day from June through September. Roof temps typically exceed 140 degrees. It's literally deadly work, and it's not getting better. Florida had its hottest (and driest in many places) summer on record in 2023. Its second hottest summer was the year before. Just a god-awful environment.

I agree with part of you are saying but are we prepared to deal with the consequences? It would lead to a combination of higher costs and a slow down in availability of many goods and services.

Same with meat packing, manual farm jobs, etc. I don't say this to be argumentative. Just that there would be fallout.
I don't think what I proposed is feasible. I just want people to stop being hypocrites. Should people be streaming across the border: No. Would people freak when they couldn't get trees pruned or much spread for their lazy asses: Loudly. If you want to keep people out punish everybody from top to bottom and deal with the ramifications or don't and deal with those.

Reactions: BCCHoosier
I don't think what I proposed is feasible. I just want people to stop being hypocrites. Should people be streaming across the border: No. Would people freak when they couldn't get trees pruned or much spread for their lazy asses: Loudly. If you want to keep people out punish everybody from top to bottom and deal with the ramifications or don't and deal with those.
Good post. Really appreciate the civil and thoughtful posts from you.

Reactions: UncleMark
Is an encounter an entry?
That’s the way I read it.

Once the 5,000 daily threshold is reached, the border patrol is allowed to remove them immediately.

I guess my question is why 5,000?
Why not 0?

If you can close the border at 5,000 then you can close it at zero.

If you can’t close it at zero then you can’t close it at 5,000

Is an encounter an entry?
Only in the sense that we encounter them (catch), ask them if they take venmo, ask them if they will vote democrat, and then send them on their way never to be seen again until Sanctuary cities have to house them.
There are other encounters, but those would be either sexually illegal or they say they are conservatives.

That’s the way I read it.

Once the 5,000 daily threshold is reached, the border patrol is allowed to remove them immediately.

I guess my question is why 5,000?
Why not 0?

If you can close the border at 5,000 then you can close it at zero.

If you can’t close it at zero then you can’t close it at 5,000

I have no idea, but I don't think the correct answer is to cut off all immigration.

Yes, we need to get the border under control, but if you totally stop letting in people that end up doing the jobs that people don't want to do that are natural American citizens, watch the already high prices here really rise.

I would bet that a very low percentage of people that come over her want to commit crimes and just want a better life for themselves.

I have no idea, but I don't think the correct answer is to cut off all immigration.

Yes, we need to get the border under control, but if you totally stop letting in people that end up doing the jobs that people don't want to do that are natural American citizens, watch the already high prices here really rise.

I would bet that a very low percentage of people that come over her want to commit crimes and just want a better life for themselves.
It looks like the first 5,000 across the line are allowed to request asylum, the rest aren’t.

How does that survive any sort of a legal challenge?

Does it matter since it won't get passed in the first place?
It’s important to know the details….that way we know when the media spins it in a certain direction.

Another thing about the immediate removal provision, that authority only applies to Mexicans. The Mexican government doesn’t accept others because they are illegal immigrants

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier

They can get work permits and enter legally. Happens all the time in the border towns and cities.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Yeah, a worker has to be pretty desperate to climb onto a roof on a regular basis in the south in the summer. In Florida, for example, it is stifling heat and humidity every day from June through September. Roof temps typically exceed 140 degrees. It's literally deadly work, and it's not getting better. Florida had its hottest (and driest in many places) summer on record in 2023. Its second hottest summer was the year before. Just a god-awful environment.

I once burned my hand on hot shingles after climbing onto the roof of my garage in summer to retrieve a stick. Roofers start at 6 am and quit by 3 pm in summer.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
Most conservative Republicans want to fix the border and support Ukraine. It’s only a growing number of Trumpster Republicans that don’t want to support Ukraine.
Is this a flat out lie or are you truly this ignorant?. Your insistence on calling anyone with a viewpoint that differs from yours a Trumpster is Hickory level stupid. Your brain is ate up with Trump worse that anyone I’ve ever seen, Dem or Repub.

How many more are trying to get in?

We have people furnishing caves. Probably time to tighten up immigration. Ukraine has zero to do with it. And my god how could Newsom have the temerity to put himself on a national stage . A state with every known advantage and it’s a disaster. Filthy cities. Homelessness. Unaffordable.

Is this a flat out lie or are you truly this ignorant?. Your insistence on calling anyone with a viewpoint that differs from yours a Trumpster is Hickory level stupid. Your brain is ate up with Trump worse that anyone I’ve ever seen, Dem or Repub.
Most of the Freedom Caucus Republicans don't want to fund Ukraine. They're also hard core Trumpsters. This isn't a lie, it's a fact. Are you not paying attention to what's happening?

They can get work permits and enter legally. Happens all the time in the border towns and cities.
The immigration part of this has a long way to go before Republicans should support it.

According the reporting, the border is no longer in crisis when the number of daily illegals falls below 3,750. Using those numbers…that would allow 1.369 million illegal immigrants into the U.S. every year. That doesn’t sound like control

Most of the Freedom Caucus Republicans don't want to fund Ukraine. They're also hard core Trumpsters. This isn't a lie, it's a fact. Are you not paying attention to what's happening?
The word only is important in your post. Ignorance it is then.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT