ADVERTISEMENT

Pence: I "cannot in good conscience" endorse Trump

Bowlmania

All-American
Sep 23, 2016
Pence's statement yesterday isn't surprising given his very public split with Trump after the election, coupled with the fact that Trump demonstrated little regard for Pence's life on January 6. On the other hand, I don't recall a prior instance of a United States VP ever turning on their former boss.

Here's a list - - like nobody's ever seen before! - - of nearly two dozen former Trump aides and allies who turned against him:

• Trump's Vice President Mike Pence (see above): "Anyone who puts himself over the Constitution should never be president of the United States."
  • Trump's Attorney General Bill Barr: "Someone who engaged in that kind of [conduct] about a process that is fundamental to our system and to our self-government shouldn’t be anywhere near the Oval Office.”
  • Trump's first Secretary of Defense General James Mattis.
  • Trump's second Secretary of Defense Mark Esper: "I think he’s unfit for office. … He puts himself before country. His actions are all about him and not about the country. And then, of course, I believe he has integrity and character issues as well.”
  • Chairman of the Joint Chiefs, General Mark Milley: "We don’t take an oath to a wannabe dictator. We take an oath to the Constitution and we take an oath to the idea that is America – and we’re willing to die to protect it.”
  • Trump's first Secretary of State Rex Tillerson: "(Trump’s) understanding of global events, his understanding of global history, his understanding of US history was really limited. It’s really hard to have a conversation with someone who doesn’t even understand the concept for why we’re talking about this . . . He's a fvcking moron."
  • Trump's first ambassador to the UN, Nikki Haley: He "gets weak in the knees when it comes to Ukraine. A terrible thing happened on January 6 and he called it a beautiful day.”
  • Trump's presidential transition chair Chris Christie: "Someone who I would argue now is just out for himself.”
  • Trump's second national security adviser, General HR McMaster: "We saw the absence of leadership, really anti-leadership, and what that can do to our country.”
  • Trump's third national security adviser John Bolton: "I believe (foreign leaders) think he is a laughing fool.”
  • Trump's second Chief of Staff, General John Kelly: "A person that has nothing but contempt for our democratic institutions, our Constitution, and the rule of law. There is nothing more that can be said. God help us.”
  • Trump's former acting Chief of Staff and special envoy to Ireland Nick Mulvaney: "I quit because I think he failed at being the president when we needed him to be that.”
  • Aide to Trump's last Chief of Staff Mark Meadows, Cassidy Hutchinson
  • Trump's Director of Communications Anthony Scaramucci
  • Trump's Secretary of Education Betsy Devos
  • Trump's Secretary of Transportation Elaine Choi: "At a particular point the events were such that it was impossible for me to continue, given my personal values and my philosophy."
  • Trump's first Secretary of the Navy, Richard Spencer: "The president has very little understanding of what it means to be in the military, to fight ethically or to be governed by a uniform set of rules and practices.”
  • Trump's first Homeland Security adviser Tom Bossert: "The President undermined American democracy baselessly for months. As a result, he’s culpable for this siege, and an utter disgrace.”
  • Trump's longtime lawyer and 'fixer' Michael Cohen.
  • Trump's White House Counsel Ty Cobb.
  • Trump's former Director of Strategic Communications Alyssa Farah Griffin.
  • Trump's former Deputy Press Secretary Sarah Matthews: "I think that his actions on January 6 and the lead-up to it, the way that he’s acted in the aftermath, and his continuation of pushing this lie that the election is stolen has made him wholly unfit to hold office ever again.”

Pence's statement yesterday isn't surprising given his very public split with Trump after the election, coupled with the fact that Trump demonstrated little regard for Pence's life on January 6. On the other hand, I don't recall a prior instance of a United States VP ever turning on their former boss.

Here's a list - - like nobody's ever seen before! - - of nearly two dozen former Trump aides and allies who turned against him:

• Trump's Vice President Mike Pence (see above): "Anyone who puts himself over the Constitution should never be president of the United States."
  • Trump's Attorney General Bill Barr: "Someone who engaged in that kind of [conduct] about a process that is fundamental to our system and to our self-government shouldn’t be anywhere near the Oval Office.”
  • Trump's second Secretary of Defense Mark Esper: "I think he’s unfit for office. … He puts himself before country. His actions are all about him and not about the country. And then, of course, I believe he has integrity and character issues as well.”
  • Chairman of the Joint Chiefs, General Mark Milley: "We don’t take an oath to a wannabe dictator. We take an oath to the Constitution and we take an oath to the idea that is America – and we’re willing to die to protect it.”
  • Trump's first Secretary of State Rex Tillerson: "(Trump’s) understanding of global events, his understanding of global history, his understanding of US history was really limited. It’s really hard to have a conversation with someone who doesn’t even understand the concept for why we’re talking about this . . . He's a fvcking moron."
  • Trump's first ambassador to the UN, Nikki Haley: He "gets weak in the knees when it comes to Ukraine. A terrible thing happened on January 6 and he called it a beautiful day.”
  • Trump's presidential transition chair Chris Christie: "Someone who I would argue now is just out for himself.”
  • Trump's second national security adviser, General HR McMaster: "We saw the absence of leadership, really anti-leadership, and what that can do to our country.”
  • Trump's third national security adviser John Bolton: "I believe (foreign leaders) think he is a laughing fool.”
  • Trump's second Chief of Staff, General John Kelly: "A person that has nothing but contempt for our democratic institutions, our Constitution, and the rule of law. There is nothing more that can be said. God help us.”
  • Trump's former acting Chief of Staff and special envoy to Ireland Nick Mulvaney: "I quit because I think he failed at being the president when we needed him to be that.”
  • Trump's Secretary of Transportation Elaine Choi: "At a particular point the events were such that it was impossible for me to continue, given my personal values and my philosophy."
  • Trump's first Secretary of the Navy, Richard Spencer: "The president has very little understanding of what it means to be in the military, to fight ethically or to be governed by a uniform set of rules and practices.”
  • Trump's first Homeland Security adviser Tom Bossert: "The President undermined American democracy baselessly for months. As a result, he’s culpable for this siege, and an utter disgrace.”
  • Trump's former Deputy Press Secretary Sarah Matthews: "I think that his actions on January 6 and the lead-up to it, the way that he’s acted in the aftermath, and his continuation of pushing this lie that the election is stolen has made him wholly unfit to hold office ever again.”
Pense’s disagreement of Trumps abortion stance is a factor too.

• Haha
Reactions: IU_Hickory

I'm glad Pence made a sound decision, but listening to him talk is painful. He's just ever the politcian...

"I'm glad you asked me that. Let me just say..."

Geeze Mike a simple yes/no, or a simple declaritive answwer would suffice...

Btw, it's not just former Trump officials who have fled the sinking ship. The Republican Accountability Project is going to be flooding the air waves with testimonials from ex-Trumpers...

`

Nobody that has spent any time around the Trump presidency would endorse a 2nd term for him. He's the lowest of all life forms.

Nobody that has spent any time around the Trump presidency would endorse a 2nd term for him. He's the lowest of all life forms.
I saw the number, out of 44 cabinet members only 4 have endorsed him. Cabinet members wouldn't have been never Trump. I don't know how to slice that except they don't believe in him

I saw the number, out of 44 cabinet members only 4 have endorsed him. Cabinet members wouldn't have been never Trump. I don't know how to slice that except they don't believe in him
That Cabinet number of 44 in a single term is unreal in itself. Unbelievable turnover.
F them cabinet members. That’s called Kush envy. Kush was calling the shots and they got jelly. Damn near brought the Donald a Nobel. ME alone was yeoman’s work from kush. This round I’d unleash him on prices

I'd just like to understand how he reconciles that with "life begins at conception."
I don’t think you want to understand it. You just wanna hit Pence in the mouth with it. I think life starts at conception and I believe a woman has a right to choose. I don’t even understand it, but at least I confront the moral delima head on instead of weaseling about when life begins.

Reactions: jet812
F them cabinet members. That’s called Kush envy. Kush was calling the shots and they got jelly. Damn near brought the Donald a Nobel. ME alone was yeoman’s work from kush. This round I’d unleash him on prices
Yea, screw all of those people that have dealt with Trump in person and think he is unfit.

People who haven't dealt with Trump know better. They slept at the holiday Inn afterall

Yea, screw all of those people that have dealt with Trump in person and think he is unfit.

People who haven't dealt with Trump know better. They slept at the holiday Inn afterall
Flunkies and goose steppers. Got their toes smashed by kush. Better off having kush and his frat bros on a text chat decide shit. Better border numbers. Cheap gas. Cheap houses. Cheap groceries. No wars.

Kush.Is.A.Legend.
00-story-jared-kushner.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: snarlcakes
I don’t think you want to understand it. You just wanna hit Pence in the mouth with it. I think life starts at conception and I believe a woman has a right to choose. I don’t even understand it, but at least I confront the moral delima head on instead of weaseling about when life begins.

A moral absolutist like Pence shouldn't need to weasel about when life begins. If life begins at conception, and you participate in a procedure that sacrifices embryos, then you should be able to reconcile the ambiguity. I've yet to hear him or any others of his type do that.

Pence is a tragic figure who sacrificed his principles on the alter of political ambition. He should have gone into the ministry.

And yet he has millions upon millions of supporters. It's mind boggling to me. Surely it can't boil down to the price of crab legs and Starbucks and gasoline. There's something more base, more sinister, more reptilian going on and I can't put my finger on it.

And yet he has millions upon millions of supporters. It's mind boggling to me. Surely it can't boil down to the price of crab legs and Starbucks and gasoline. There's something more base, more sinister, more reptilian going on and I can't put my finger on it.
Illuminati

I’ll give my best attempt at an answer and I’ve never voted for Trump.

Democrats are the dumbest ***** on the planet is why they vote for him.

A moral absolutist like Pence shouldn't need to weasel about when life begins. If life begins at conception, and you participate in a procedure that sacrifices embryos, then you should be able to reconcile the ambiguity. I've yet to hear him or any others of his type do that.

Pence is a tragic figure who sacrificed his principles on the alter of political ambition. He should have gone into the ministry.
Just stop it. You are only interested in bashing Pence. That’s what you do.

You have no interest in discussing an unresolvable moral conflict.

This batch of Dems. They haven’t always been this stupid
It would be nice if people had a little self awareness. I’ll freely admit Trump sucks as well because he should be a big favorite against a brain dead Biden. The reality is Biden has been god awful the past 4 years and Trump sucks as well. Save me the rest of the bullshit.

Last edited:
There's something more base, more sinister, more reptilian going on and I can't put my finger on it.
Oh BS. There is nothing sinister or reptilian going on. This is pretty easy to figure out. Every one who knows about plane load of third world migrants brought here on our dime, every person struggling to pay high and higher rents who see migrants getting free food and shelter, every lawn care guy who can’t have gas powered equipment, every guy who gets his hands dirty just to work at a job he can’t do from home, can tell you why in a nanosecond.

Disagree No Way GIF by Yellowstone

Find your balls. You sound like a 45 year old dumb blonde having brunch at the Cake Shop in Carmel. How’s the red velvet?
Cake Bake. It’s called Cake Bake and your town doesn’t have one. Because it sucks.

And everyone knows you get the Millionaire Cake. ****ing rookies.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT