ADVERTISEMENT

"Donald Trump has a very clear vision that is hard to disagree with."

Exactly. That was the result of LNG infrastructure development begun under Trump. Biden with his crazy temporary suspension of LNG permitting has made sure exports will not continue to increase.

These kinds of statistics are based on policies enacted years prior to the results.

Like many decisions made in the executive branch there are pros and cons.

Pro, exporting LGN helps wean our European allies from depending on Russia.

Con, these exports raise the price of LGN for U.S. consumers.

Another example of how presidents face criticism no matter what they do or don't do.

My guess is Biden will end up on the side of helping our European friends. On the other hand, it is an election year, so thinking about the folks back home might take precedence.

My god. Not even 10:30 and I can’t count the scalps you’ve taken. Like the battle of the wabash
Well, I grew up not far from Battle Ground, where the Battle of Tippecanoe (on the Wabash) took place, where William Henry Harrison's troops beat Tecumseh (although Tecumseh was gone at the time of the Battle).

Side note: my grandmother lived in a little village not far from there and in that area, along the Wildcat, a little known skirmish took place - called Spur's Defeat.

Later, some troops left the Battle Ground are to go look for an Indian camp along the Wildcat (which feeds into the Wabash). The Wildcat in that area has very steep cliffs. The troops rode into the valley area and one of their troops was found tortured, tied up to a tree. They charged headlong into an ambush and couldn't get out of the valley quick enough because of the steep hills. They spurred their horses and got the hell out of there, the ones that were left.

When they went back later with a larger force, the Indian encampment was gone.

This is an area my ancestors settled in 1828. The Battle of Tippecanoe was in 1811, and it opened that area up for settlers to move in.

Well, I grew up not far from Battle Ground, where the Battle of Tippecanoe (on the Wabash) took place, where William Henry Harrison's troops beat Tecumseh (although Tecumseh was gone at the time of the Battle).

Side note: my grandmother lived in a little village not far from there and in that area, along the Wildcat, a little known skirmish took place - called Spur's Defeat.

Later, some troops left the Battle Ground are to go look for an Indian camp along the Wildcat (which feeds into the Wabash). The Wildcat in that area has very steep cliffs. The troops rode into the valley area and one of their troops was found tortured, tied up to a tree. They charged headlong into an ambush and couldn't get out of the valley quick enough because of the steep hills. They spurred their horses and got the hell out of there, the ones that were left.

When they went back later with a larger force, the Indian encampment was gone.

This is an area my ancestors settled in 1828. The Battle of Tippecanoe was in 1811, and it opened that area up for settlers to move in.

Amazing!!! I love that history

Reactions: DANC
Amazing!!! I love that history
My grandmother used to be the local (unofficial) historian and she would tell us stories about family and local history. I am a history geek, so I love that stuff, too.

Yeah, sorry. I believe my own lying eyes over what I read in Wikipedia.

But you go ahead - you're already hopelessly duped.
You just can’t admit when you’re wrong. You could have saved yourself some embarrassment on this one because I linked proof you were wrong the last time you made the false NK missile claim.

Reactions: Ohio Guy
Because the economic decline or the Soviet Union is what brought Gorbachev and Glastnost to the table last time. It didn't stick, but that doesn't mean that the strategy wasn't sound.

As for the "conflict deteriorating the quality of life here in the states". We've sent them less than 1/2 a percent of our funding. There are many ways that this country is currently on a downward path, a rounding error in GDP spending is not the cause of it.
$33 TRILLION DEFICIT.

One Thousand Billion dollars annual interest...and growing.

An additional $Trillion every 100 days and accelerating..

Explain how ANYTHING should be considered a rounding error.

'When you find yourself in a hole, FIRST, stop digging.'

No it wasn't. Ukraine is not part of NATO. We had no obligation to help them. We are helping them because we choose to, mostly to be a check against Russia trying to expand their territory unlawfully.

I agree with the first part, but not the second. Yes, many Ukrainians will have died, but also just as many Russians (if not significantly more) will have died, a significant portion of their tanks, navy, and missile stockpiles will be gone, and their economy has taken a huge hit.

We've spent a small percentage of our money to take Russia down a peg in the world order without a single American soldier's life lost in the process. Even if Russia wins, it will be a decade before Russia will have the military might to try this again.

Gotta take the long view on this.
This is mostly propaganda.
Ukrainian casualties far outnumber Russian. 700,000 unaccounted for.
8-10 million Ukrainians have fled. Conscription eligible males are paying as much as $10k to be smuggled out of Ukraine.

Ukraine is destroyed and Russian military output has expanded exponentially. Some components, such as artillery rounds are being produced at a rate of 6-7 to one over all of NATO combined.
Russian petroleum export is higher now than before the SMO began. China will use every bit of under market price petro they can get.

The warmongers are ready to, as blood soaked NeoCon Victoria Nuland just did, turn tail and slither away.

Ukraine is done.
NATO is done.

All of the hand-wringing virtue signalling in the world won't change the outcome.

8-10 million Ukrainians have fled. Conscription eligible males are paying as much as $10k to be smuggled out of Ukraine.

Ukraine is destroyed and Russian military output has expanded exponentially. Some components, such as artillery rounds are being produced at a rate of 6-7 to one over all of NATO combined.
Russian petroleum export is higher now than before the SMO began. China will use every bit of under market price petro they can get.

The warmongers are ready to, as blood soaked NeoCon Victoria Nuland just did, turn tail and slither away.

Ukraine is done.
NATO is done.

All of the hand-wringing virtue signalling in the world won't change the outcome.
Straight out of Russian propaganda to include calling Russia’s war on Ukraine a Special Military Operation. Couldn’t be more false and it’s disgusting. . You’re a huge disappointment an a warmonger - as long as it’s Russia making war.

Ukraine is done.
NATO is done.

Mass, why should anyone believe the war statistics regardless of the source ?

Ukraine is done.
NATO is done.

I can’t vouch for all this but I will say we share the same thesis that the situation for Ukraine has no possibility of getting better and can only get worse.

Continued aid needs to be conditioned on Zelensky seeking a peace deal in good faith and if that fails we should force one.

I can’t vouch for all this but I will say we share the same thesis that the situation for Ukraine has no possibility of getting better and can only get worse.

Continued aid needs to be conditioned on Zelensky seeking a peace deal in good faith and if that fails we should force one.
You are correct. Ukraine is outmanned and outgunned. The war is fought on Ukranian soil and much of its economic base is in the rubble. In the third year of this war, Ukraine’s hope for victory has vanished and its hope for a favorable settlement is a pipe dream. Biden’s “as long as it takes” policy is a cruel joke. We had the opportunity to make difference in the first months, but Biden had no clue.

The future will probably be another cease fire line like Korea with perpetual tension. Biden’s legacy.

My god. Not even 10:30 and I can’t count the scalps you’ve taken. Like the battle of the wabash
Lefties that make the mistake of engaging THE@danc

hair-flip-wig.gif

You are correct. Ukraine is outmanned and outgunned. The war is fought on Ukranian soil and much of its economic base is in the rubble. In the third year of this war, Ukraine’s hope for victory has vanished and its hope for a favorable settlement is a pipe dream. Biden’s “as long as it takes” policy is a cruel joke. We had the opportunity to make difference in the first months, but Biden had no clue.

The future will probably be another cease fire line like Korea with perpetual tension. Biden’s legacy.

CoH, curious about what should have been done "in the first few months" ?

Joe, tell me more about those Chinese train tunnels. ?

There are (I think) 3 rail lines that connect Russia and China. They come through tunnels as I recall. Ukraine SOF forces (assumed and I have not read all of the above link, I'm going from memory) struck some trains months ago carrying (assumed) inbound NK arms.
As I recall, those tunnels are a choke point that deserve much more attention for a multitude of reasons. I can't think that they are not VERY fortified at this point, but early on, rich targets! Both militarily and civilian trade/ support.

CoH, curious about what should have been done "in the first few months" ?
Immediately Supplying HIMARS. ( Biden was concerned tgey would be used for targets inside Russia)

Dont quash the 2022 F16 deal. (Same reason).

A strong navy presence in the Black Sea.

These were publicly discussed. Who knows what was discussed In secret.

Immediately Supplying HIMARS. ( Biden was concerned tgey would be used for targets inside Russia)

HIMARS is only the firing platform. We sent 16 (as I recall) not nearly enough, but then with one hand tied behind Ukraine's back, we (cough joe cough) put restriction on the weaponry that the himars can fire. ATACMS for example. That armament has at least 2 different range possibilites. Ole Brandon was worried about longer range options going into Russia......... Who had just invaded UKraine who "WE" sent 9 bln$ of "go bang" toys to to defend themselves.
It was like, ehhh protect yourselves but we aren't worried if you win or not. I've gotta look like I care. kinda, have you ever driven a green corvette? step stumble drool.
Anyway, same with the ML270 which is another "gun" like the HIMARS, only it has the capability to shoot twice as many "bullets" as the HIMARS, same concept though.
I believe both HIMARS and ML270 can both fire SLAMRAMS as well as GLMRS as well as many other ordiance but we were too busy concentrating on the APPERANCE of helping, while protecting our APPEARANCE of being hands off.
Straddle the fence, as my dad always said, and you get cut in places that you don't want to be cut in. Well here we, and most all of Euroupe with evicerations in the "down there" area. I call them Brandon incisions.

HIMARS is only the firing platform. We sent 16 (as I recall) not nearly enough, but then with one hand tied behind Ukraine's back, we (cough joe cough) put restriction on the weaponry that the himars can fire. ATACMS for example. That armament has at least 2 different range possibilites. Ole Brandon was worried about longer range options going into Russia......... Who had just invaded UKraine who "WE" sent 9 bln$ of "go bang" toys to to defend themselves.
It was like, ehhh protect yourselves but we aren't worried if you win or not. I've gotta look like I care. kinda, have you ever driven a green corvette? step stumble drool.
Anyway, same with the ML270 which is another "gun" like the HIMARS, only it has the capability to shoot twice as many "bullets" as the HIMARS, same concept though.
I believe both HIMARS and ML270 can both fire SLAMRAMS as well as GLMRS as well as many other ordiance but we were too busy concentrating on the APPERANCE of helping, while protecting our APPEARANCE of being hands off.
Straddle the fence, as my dad always said, and you get cut in places that you don't want to be cut in. Well here we, and most all of Euroupe with evicerations in the "down there" area. I call them Brandon incisions.

CoH and Joe, the HIMARS which have proven so effective do take some trainimg to use. To use them early in the conflict wonder if we considered using our troops who were trained in their use ?

On limiting the range so the HIMARS we provided couldn't reach Russia must have been a tough call.

The decisions kept our troops out of the fray and avoided using our weapons to kill Soviet citizens. Do wonder if Trump would have decided differently.

CoH and Joe, the HIMARS which have proven so effective do take some trainimg to use. To use them early in the conflict wonder if we considered using our troops who were trained in their use ?

On limiting the range so the HIMARS we provided couldn't reach Russia must have been a tough call.

The decisions kept our troops out of the fray and avoided using our weapons to kill Soviet citizens. Do wonder if Trump would have decided differently.
1) I doubt there was ever, nor will be any consideration of our boots on the ground, other than what CIA ops where already (are) in place.
2) I doubt it was very “tough call” at all to be honest. Typical morris code with every 3rd beep missing so we could have deniability. Standard Washington SOP.
3) who TF. Knows what Trump would WANT to do. Better yet, what Washington would allow him to do by blocking any type of legit plan. (CIA opp all over it) .

Then I might add, way more sanctions, naval blockades and seizure of Russian assets . What Putin did, on the scale he did it, with the timing he did it in. Should have been knee on throat on day 3. But we all know the gears of DC grind slowly.

Eh -- no one publicly discussed a stronger US Navy presence in the Black Sea because it's not possible:

The Montreux Convention regulates maritime traffic through the Turkish Straits. It guarantees "complete freedom" of passage for all civilian vessels in times of peace. In peacetime, military vessels are limited in number, tonnage and weaponry, with specific provisions governing their mode of entry and duration of stay. If they want to pass through the Strait, warships must provide advance notification to the Turkish authorities, which, in turn, must inform the parties to the convention.[6][7][note 1] In wartime, if Turkey is not involved in the conflict, warships of the nations at war may not pass through the Straits, except when returning to their base.[8] When Turkey is at war, or feels threatened by a war, it may take any decision about the passage of warships as it sees fit. The United States is not a signatory to the Convention.[9]

And even if we had decided to give Ukraine more early on and risk a larger war with us more heavily involved, we still couldn't have had them up and running on these systems in the "first few months." no way, no how.

1) I doubt there was ever, nor will be any consideration of our boots on the ground, other than what CIA ops where already (are) in place.
2) I doubt it was very “tough call” at all to be honest. Typical morris code with every 3rd beep missing so we could have deniability. Standard Washington SOP.
3) who TF. Knows what Trump would WANT to do. Better yet, what Washington would allow him to do by blocking any type of legit plan. (CIA opp all over it) .

Then I might add, way more sanctions, naval blockades and seizure of Russian assets . What Putin did, on the scale he did it, with the timing he did it in. Should have been knee on throat on day 3. But we all know the gears of DC grind slowly.

you guys keep overestimating how important Ukraine is to the US. there was never a chance we'd use the US Navy to blockade Russian ports. that's WW3 talk. we were never going to risk so much to help a non-NATO country that borders Russia.

you guys keep overestimating how important Ukraine is to the US. there was never a chance we'd use the US Navy to blockade Russian ports. that's WW3 talk. we were never going to risk so much to help a non-NATO country that borders Russia.
Probably true, yes I agree.
2nd, Pumping Ukraine up is not my focus, holding Russias head underwater is, however. Stop it now (3 yrs ago) before we have to take larger measures.

Do you remember anything beyond the post you're replying to? Do I ever actually produce any data? Are you actually reading posts here?

And are you actually asking for data the proves the US economy is better now than it was in November 2020? Really? If you really want it, I'll dig something up. Right after I conclusively prove that water is wet.
Well here's a great segment from just this morning refuting many of the lies Trump tells about various issues which his syncophants believe. A good title would probably be debunking some of the more inane nonsense that DANC believes...

An even more extensive investigation and analysis of Biden years vs Trump years...

Well here's a great segment from just this morning refuting many of the lies Trump tells about various issues which his syncophants believe. A good title would probably be debunking some of the more inane nonsense that DANC believes...

An even more extensive investigation and analysis of Biden years vs Trump years...

I highly doubt DANC watches either of those videos. Your description will trigger him and he'll avoid them like the plague. My guess he's typing up a post telling you how wrong those videos are (again, without watching them).

It will just be called fake news. They are determined to pretend everything is awful under Biden and everything is biden's fault...yadda yadda yadda. Impervious to the actual facts.

Reactions: Indyhorn
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT