ADVERTISEMENT

Pence: I "cannot in good conscience" endorse Trump

Huh? More candidates? You need one (and only one) candidate to run in a primary who isn't whacko. If he runs against a whacko, and leads him 52/47 in the actual party primary, but the other party comes in and pushes the whacko over the finish line, how is that a party organizational problem? That doesn't even make sense.

I'm happy you agree that these MAGA types and Trump aren't a "danger to democracy."
I'm not talking about adding more candidates to individual primaries. I'm talking about the GOP finding more of the 'one and only one' sensible candidates who won't be in a close races with whack job MAGA candidates.

If the GOP would stop taking MAGA cultists seriously as viable candidates in various races, then this tactic of tipping the scales wouldn't work. Full stop.

You want to use that analogy with basketball? OK. But you've got the dynamics wrong. It would be like the person who shoots FT is determined by that team's fans, and the opposing team puts on their merch and acts like the other fans so that they can vote.

You bizarrely keep assuming I don't understand the strategy when every 14-year-old could figure it out. I get it perfectly. But you don't seem to understand the underlying damage such tactics do to the nation. Going on and on about "danger to democracy" and then going behind the scenes to help these people beat their non-dangerous adversaries in the primaries evinces a level of shadiness and dishonesty I think worthy of attack. That win-at-any-cost type of strategy, I think, is ultimately harmful to the nation and the Dem party.

and you keep going on like this is just a dems strategy.

I'm not talking about adding more candidates to individual primaries. I'm talking about the GOP finding more of the 'one and only one' sensible candidates who won't be in a close races with whack job MAGA candidates.

If the GOP would stop taking MAGA cultists seriously as viable candidates in various races, then this tactic of tipping the scales wouldn't work. Full stop.
Regardless of it’s effectiveness, do you find it an ethical & acceptable practice in keeping with our democratic principles?

Regardless of it’s effectiveness, do you find it an ethical & acceptable practice in keeping with our democratic principles?
Am I a fan of it? Not really. Is it legal and a relatively long-standing part of the political playbook? Yep. I also wouldn't hold your breath for anyone from either party to try to push back on this tactic and make it illegal. It's been pointed out here before, but both parties have pulled this arrow out of their quiver when they think it'll be effective.

This kind of gives up the game no?

If guys like Bernie Moreno or Mark Robinson are so dangerous, it is rather odd that Democrats are putting their finger on the scale in Republican primaries in their favor.

Makes me think the “threat to democracy” stuff isn’t even believed by those saying it. Either that, or they really are that craven.
First off spare me the sanctimonious BS. Both sides do it, just look at the money behind the scenes for RFK Jr. The Dems of 2022 and now 2024 didn't invent the concept, but evidence suggests they may well have perfected it. Look at the winnale seats the GOP sacrificed by nominating unelectable losers in 2022. The Dems laid the groundwork, and stupid GOP primary voters cooperated. Btw, the Dems have cooperated by nominating far left nominess before who also got slaughtered in the general...

I can think of 3 states in particular off the top of my head where the strategy worked like a charm, AZ MI and PA. The Dems believed,and justifiably so that if the Pubs wanted to seal their own fate and nominate unelectable clowns like Masterson and Lake in AZ, Tudor Dixon and whoever they nominated in MI, and Mastriano and Oz in PA then why not give them a boost?

If the GOP had nominated reasonable candidates then the strategy would have backfired. But the Dems counted on two factors a) that GOP primary voters aren't very politically astute, and (as evidenced by some on this board) b) that the people who would support someone like Mastriano or Tudor Dixon really has no idea how out of touch they are with the average voter. If you want to see that on display do a site search on this board for names like Mastriano and Lake, and read posts from people who were touting victories by those 2...

IMHO, the results will bring this disconnect full circle...

The added advantage in 2024 is that Trump is on the ballot and the goal is to stop Trump. So Pubs nominating someone like Robinson immediately puts NC in a still difficult, but winnable spot for Biden. It was the closest Trump state in 2020 and Robinson doesn't help Trump since they already share the same fanbase. But Robinson could well inspire some members of the Biden coalition who might be tempted to sit out, make the extra effort to vote in oppsition to Robinson.

The strategy worked extremely well in 2022. IIRC the only Dem incumbent who lost in a statewide race was the former Gov of Nevada (Sisolak) who had personal issues. But even then the GOP candidate who won (Lombardo) was a more centrist-leaning candidate than the MAGA darling who was nominated and lost in the Senate race (Laxalt). Moreno could still win vs Brown (nothing's guaranteed) but the campaign for Brown would be far more difficult and complicated if the Pubs nominate Dolan...

Last edited:
First off spare me the sanctimonious BS. Both sides do it, just look at the money behind the scenes for RFK Jr. The Dems of 2022 and now 2024 didn't invent the concept, but evidence suggests they may well have perfected it. Look at the winnale seats the GOP sacrificed by nominating unelectable losers in 2022. The Dems laid the groundwork, and stupid GOP primary voters cooperated. Btw, the Dems have cooperated by nominating far left nominess before who also got slaughtered in the general...

I can think of 3 states in particular off the top of my head where the strategy worked like a charm, AZ MI and PA. The Dems believed,and justifiably so that if the Pubs wanted to seal their own fate and nominate unelectable clowns like Masterson and Lake in AZ, Tudor Dixon and whoever they nominated in MI, and Mastriano and Oz in PA then why not give them a boost?

If the GOP had nominated reasonable candidates then the strategy would have backfired. But the Dems counted on two factors a) that GOP primary voters aren't very politically astute, and (as evidenced by some on this board) b) that the people who would support someone like Mastriano or Tudor Dixon really has no idea how out of touch they are with the average voter. If you want to see that on display do a site search on this board for names like Mastriano and Lake, and read posts from people who were touting victories by those 2...

IMHO, the results will bring this disconnect full circle...

The added advantage in 2024 is that Trump is on the ballot and the goal is to stop Trump. So Pubs nominating someone like Robinson immediately puts NC in a still difficult, but winnable spot for Biden. It was the closest Trump state in 2020 and Robinson doesn't help Trump since they already share the same fanbase. But Robinson could well inspire some members of the Biden coalition who might be tempted to sit out, make the extra effort to vote in oppsition to Robinson.

The strategy worked extremely well in 2022. IIRC the only Dem incumbent who lost in a statewide race was the former Gov of Nevada (Sisolak) who had personal issues. But even then the GOP candidate who won (Lombardo) was a more centrist-leaning candidate than the MAGA darling who was nominated and lost in the Senate race (Laxalt). Moreno could still win vs Brown (nothing's guaranteed) but the campaign for Brown would be far more difficult and complicated if the Pubs nominate Dolan...
I’ll summarize:

It’s ok because I don’t like Republicans.

So voting in another party's primary is unethical, but unfortunately easily do-able?

And also, we need to lessen voter ID requirements because it "makes it harder to vote"?

I mean...sure. Sounds legit.

3vlwy3.jpg

Am I a fan of it? Not really. Is it legal and a relatively long-standing part of the political playbook? Yep. I also wouldn't hold your breath for anyone from either party to try to push back on this tactic and make it illegal. It's been pointed out here before, but both parties have pulled this arrow out of their quiver when they think it'll be effective.
I didn’t ask if it was legal, I asked if it was ethical& within the spirit of Democracy? For all of the hand wringing the Dems have done about Trump’s assault on the integrity of democracy, this practice is an egregious affront to that & amounts to rigging elections, with the only defense being Pubs do it too. “I’m not a big fan of it.” That’s a chicken shit way to say it’s unethical but ok because Pubs bad. Your assessment of the quality of the candidates of the other party is of no consequence to the fact you are meddling in someone else’s election. Just own it…

I didn’t ask if it was legal, I asked if it was ethical& within the spirit of Democracy? For all of the hand wringing the Dems have done about Trump’s assault on the integrity of democracy, this practice is an egregious affront to that & amounts to rigging elections, with the only defense being Pubs do it too. “I’m not a big fan of it.” That’s a chicken shit way to say it’s unethical but ok because Pubs bad. Your assessment of the quality of the candidates of the other party is of no consequence to the fact you are meddling in someone else’s election. Just own it…
Give me a break. Democrats aren’t inventing crazy MAGA candidates in these primaries. And quality of candidates has EVERYTHING to do with this. Otherwise Democrats wouldn’t do it.

And this clutching of pearls over this is dumb. We’ve seen Republicans deny a legitimate presidential election and try to stop insurrectionists from being held accountable for the last 3 + years, but somehow THIS long-standing, bipartisan practice is the great scourge of American democracy.

Trump broke the law.

Your false equivalency is nonsensical.

It's nothing like rigging elections. It's advertising. People still get to vote for their choice.

It's a shady tactic, for sure, but it's no threat to democracy. Politicians have been doing this for years. The Republic still stands.

Give me a break. Democrats aren’t inventing crazy MAGA candidates in these primaries. And quality of candidates has EVERYTHING to do with this. Otherwise Democrats wouldn’t do it.

And this clutching of pearls over this is dumb. We’ve seen Republicans deny a legitimate presidential election and try to stop insurrectionists from being held accountable for the last 3 + years, but somehow THIS long-standing, bipartisan practice is the great scourge of American democracy.
Don't badmouth those misunderstood American patriots that were just tourists in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Definitely don't bring up gerrymandering and voter suppressing masquerading as keeping the election secure. The only issue at hand is dems pushing MAGA candidates in the primary. Because as every smart person knows, they are the only party that tries that tactic.

Reactions: Ohio Guy

No one has claimed they are inventing them. But they are meddling in someone else’s election. That’s a fact. Enjoy your time in the muck….

• Haha
Reactions: Bowlmania
I like how he threw highly organized in there with antifa and how he assumes rioters are politically aligned and vote democrat. I bet he blames Soros ..

Sure sign of a whack job with media manipulated paranoia.

They need something like a truth social but for antifa so they can coordinate with the best of em.

Give me Kush and one other Bitcoiner and I’d knock it out in the first 6 months.

1. Cut regulations and increase oil production
2. Negotiate a peace treaty with Russia
3. Slow down the flow of illegals
4. Cut back some spending
5. Have the Central Bank buy Bitcoin
6. Spend the rest of the time get bjs like Clinton
tell me if you love this sentence:

“I’m sitting in Miami Beach right now, and I’m looking at the situation and I’m thinking: what would I do if I was there?” Kushner said.

I like how he threw highly organized in there with antifa and how he assumes rioters are politically aligned and vote democrat. I bet he blames Soros ..

i like how you still think soros is some made up thing from the basement of whatever rural fing nowhere you live where soros DAs are nonexistent. who and how much soros has funded is public knowledge. it's disclosed. add that to the list you know nothing about. along with sports and the rest

Last edited:
Grow up.

This is an indictment on the whole MAGA movement. If their shitty candidates weren’t viable options among Republican voters, we wouldn’t be having this conversation.
Republicans should decide who shitty candidates are without interference from Dems. It’s very, very simple, but you guys want to do all kinds of gymnastics to justify the corrupt actions. Just like the Trumpers.😉

tell me if you love this sentence:

“I’m sitting in Miami Beach right now, and I’m looking at the situation and I’m thinking: what would I do if I was there?” Kushner said.

Is Gaza the worst hell since.....??

Can't think of another era of modern war where the civilian population couldn't escape anywhere.

I think Israel would very much like to push Gaza into the sea as some sort of 'final solution'.

Republicans should decide who shitty candidates are without interference from Dems. It’s very, very simple, but you guys want to do all kinds of gymnastics to justify the corrupt actions. Just like the Trumpers.😉
Aren't primary elections still determined by votes? As goat pointed out, this is all just advertising. No one is 'finding' votes or stuffing ballot boxes.

Is Gaza the worst hell since.....??

Can't think of another era of modern war where the civilian population couldn't escape anywhere.

I think Israel would very much like to push Gaza into the sea as some sort of 'final solution'.

Crazy how unlucky some are by birth. Haiti would be no picnic at the moment

They don’t even know who the candidates are.

Reactions: jet812
They don’t even know who the candidates are.
If by 'they' you mean people on this board, I'd have to say you're wrong. At least one candidate mentioned in the threads here is Bernie Moreno and he's running in Ohio.

Antifa is highly organized? Then why can’t I find the local chapter meetings? Maybe their first two rules are you don’t talk about it.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
Is the scope/scale comparable? Is there a national effort by the Republican Party as with the Dems? Neither is acceptable, but the Dems appear to be doing it on a much larger scale. In essence it’s comparable to Russia promoting candidates it wants to see on ballots for whatever reason. Its intent is to undermine democracy by influencing what candidates the opposition has on the ballot. Dems should be ashamed of this strategy, BUT TRUMP!!!

Dems should be ashamed of this strategy... why isn't it both parties should be ashamed of this strategy?

Just because one does it more then the other doesn't make one more at fault then the other. If they both do it, they're both wrong for it.

And this doesn't undermine democracy. It's advertising a specific candidate that people can either vote for or not. It's not taking away people's freedom to vote for whoever they want.

And you can can take that TDS somewhere else. I never once mentioned him, so you're barking up the wrong tree with that one.

What policies differentiate Moreno from the others?
Well, Matt Dolan is a more moderate Republican who was endorsed by Mike DeWine. Moreno has endorsements from Jim Jordan, JD Vance and Trump, so it's more ideological, moderate vs crazy town. Democrats view Dolan as the most likely candidate to beat Sherrod Brown - who I'll be voting for - so I'm all for Bernie Moreno winning the primary.

Well, Matt Dolan is a more moderate Republican who was endorsed by Mike DeWine. Moreno has endorsements from Jim Jordan, JD Vance and Trump, so it's more ideological, moderate vs crazy town. Democrats view Dolan as the most likely candidate to beat Sherrod Brown - who I'll be voting for - so I'm all for Bernie Moreno winning the primary.
I see zero policy positions in your response. Just a bunch of worrying about endorsements

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT