ADVERTISEMENT

Pence: I "cannot in good conscience" endorse Trump

I see zero policy positions in your response. Just a bunch of worrying about endorsements
Sigh.

That's because I said it was more ideological, meaning it's a primary race between a more traditional, moderate Republican and a crazy MAGA cultist.

For what it's worth, I'm not voting for either in the primary (today). I hope whoever wins the primary loses to Sherrod Brown.

Sigh.

That's because I said it was more ideological, meaning it's a primary race between a more traditional, moderate Republican and a crazy MAGA cultist.

For what it's worth, I'm not voting for either in the primary (today). I hope whoever wins the primary loses to Sherrod Brown.
What policy makes one traditional vs crazy MAGA cultist?

Reactions: jet812
Well, Matt Dolan is a more moderate Republican who was endorsed by Mike DeWine. Moreno has endorsements from Jim Jordan, JD Vance and Trump, so it's more ideological, moderate vs crazy town. Democrats view Dolan as the most likely candidate to beat Sherrod Brown - who I'll be voting for - so I'm all for Bernie Moreno winning the primary.
Some additional history. Moreno was anti-Trump in 2016 (describing Trump as a "lunatic invading the party") and publicly pro-LGBTQ rights prior to running for Senate for the first time in 2021. He's now flipped on LGBTQ rights and is a hardline opponent.

Interestingly, a profile was set up on his work email in 2008 for the sex encounters site "Adult Friend Finder." The profile identifies the user as seeking "men for 1-on-1 sex," and "looking for young guys to have fun with while traveling." The profile lists Moreno's correct date of birth and geolocation records reflect the account was set up for use in an area where Moreno's parents owned a home. A former intern now claims that he (the intern) had access to Moreno's work email and set up the account as a prank.

Looks like Ohio's Republican voters believe it was a prank. He's up by 9 points over his closest challenger (Dolan) in Emerson's final poll that was released today and he looks to be a lock tomorrow. He'll be very beatable in November.

Sure it does….it will depend on how they are portrayed by the various media entities.

You said policy positions do not matter.
Can't speak to Ohio politics, but IN governor Republican candidates are all god-fearing Christian conservatives and detest Joe Biden (not hard to do). They will all plug up the southern border, destroy China, and stop fentanyl. They will do all this from the state house in Indianapolis. Makes me wish I could vote for more than one.

What policy makes one traditional vs crazy MAGA cultist?
I've seen some of the adds. The pro-Moreno ads literally say "Help Moreno achieve Donald Trump's MAGA agenda". They don't actually explain in any way how that will be achieved, but I don't think they could define it anyway even if they were asked.

Reactions: Spartans9312
Can't speak to Ohio politics, but IN governor Republican candidates are all god-fearing Christian conservatives and detest Joe Biden (not hard to do). They will all plug up the southern border, destroy China, and stop fentanyl. They will do all this from the state house in Indianapolis. Makes me wish I could vote for more than one.
Sounds like a bunch of preaching to idiots. When all policy positions are the same vote for the one that hasn’t been divorced 6 times.

Reactions: IUINSB
I've seen some of the adds. The pro-Moreno ads literally say "Help Moreno achieve Donald Trump's MAGA agenda". They don't actually explain in any way how that will be achieved, but I don't think they could define it anyway even if they were asked.
I would say you are correct

agenda is simple

1) pay off legal funds with as little of his own money as possible
2) Pardon himself
3) Exact revenge on anyone who insulted or went after him

Reactions: outside shooter
I see zero policy positions in your response. Just a bunch of worrying about endorsements
That's because Moreno's main policy position is that it's horrible that the Dolan's (who own the Cleveland MLB team) changed the name from Indians to Guardians...I kid you not that was part of Trump's speech attacking Dolan this past weekend...

It's hard to discuss actual issues with wackadoodles that whine about "wokeness". Moreno won, and he doesn't have any actual policy issues that will make Ohioans lives better. But he'll no doubt preach to the MAGA choir about Trump being cheated and the terrible woke warriors taking away Cleveland's long time nickname...

Neither issue will fundamentally improve any person's life. But it sure will allow his followers to air their grievances and feel all warm and tingly...

I see commercials for all 3 of them. They're all doing their best to run to the far right of Holcomb and Trump's best bud. I have no idea which one Trump has endorsed (if any)...

I was pleasantly surprised to discover that Todd Young has refused to endorse Trump...

That's because Moreno's main policy position is that it's horrible that the Dolan's (who own the Cleveland MLB team) changed the name from Indians to Guardians...I kid you not that was part of Trump's speech attacking Dolan this past weekend...

It's hard to discuss actual issues with wackadoodles that whine about "wokeness". Moreno won, and he doesn't have any actual policy issues that will make Ohioans lives better. But he'll no doubt preach to the MAGA choir about Trump being cheated and the terrible woke warriors taking away Cleveland's long time nickname...

Neither issue will fundamentally improve any person's life. But it sure will allow his followers to air their grievances and feel all warm and tingly...
What will make Ohioans lives better?

Reactions: jet812
What will make Ohioans lives better?
A ban of all political ads, robo-calls, and texts?

God knows my life would be better. By mid-October, my cell phone will be getting 1 or 2 robo-calls per day and up to 3 texts per day telling me how democracy is on the line and only candidate XYZ can save it.

For the record, there are down-sides to living in a supposed swing state.

tell me if you love this sentence:

“I’m sitting in Miami Beach right now, and I’m looking at the situation and I’m thinking: what would I do if I was there?” Kushner said.

The New Republic's take on those remarks:

It’s actually kind of endearing that Kush can look at Gaza and his mind goes to real estate. That’s an authenticity you can’t teach.

The man is a builder (not manually obviously) buildings, coalitions, companies, etc.

It’s truly sad that it appears he won’t be in a next Trump admin.

It’s actually kind of endearing that Kush can look at Gaza and his mind goes to real estate. That’s an authenticity you can’t teach.

The man is a builder (not manually obviously) buildings, coalitions, companies, etc.

It’s truly sad that it appears he won’t be in a next Trump admin.
Someone has a man crush.

I can just spot competence when I see it.

If the people that fill out the DoD and State Department were competent, well then they wouldn’t be in government now would they?
There are extremely competent people in the DoD. That competence is highly desirable in the private sector, which is nice. I’ve hired a lot of former DoD because I know I’m getting smart, hard working and competent people. Of course, I can spot competence.

There are extremely competent people in the DoD. That competence is highly desirable in the private sector, which is nice. I’ve hired a lot of former DoD because I know I’m getting smart, hard working and competent people. Of course, I can spot competence.
And the revolving door goes round and round.

The New Republic's take on those remarks:

If that doesn't reverse Biden's "gaza problems" then we truly are a nation of idiots...
Building a resort in Gaza is a great idea. Seriously. The beach is probably the only important asset Gaza has. Why not use it to attract private investment capital and the economic benefits and social stability it could bring? That’s a truly progressive idea.

It sure is better than Biden’s dumbassed dock that is unneeded and wastes already scarce DoD funds.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
It sure is better than Biden’s dumbassed dock that is unneeded and wastes already scarce DoD funds.

How would you supply Gaza with the food and medical aid they need? Since Israel seems to be happy to let people go without.

Building a resort in Gaza is a great idea. Seriously. The beach is probably the only important asset Gaza has. Why not use it to attract private investment capital and the economic benefits and social stability it could bring? That’s a truly progressive idea.

If one American service person dies in the midst of administering this pier Biden should be impeached with a unanimous vote in the House and Senate.

JLOTS is an existing military capability that we've used all over the world. We've used it in Haiti in the past, for example.

Hard to know if you are even being serious rather than shit posting. A resort? LMAO

You dispute that Israel is preventing adequate food and medical aid from making it into Gaza?
Of course. The Israelis have been more than accommodating in allowing aid trucks to flow into Gaza. The fact that said trucks are then pilfered and commandeered is not their fault.

The air drops and the pier are slop for the ignorant progressive masses.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT