ADVERTISEMENT

Trump Insanity: The January Edition

Not how gov should work. The border is our homeland and deserves separate and immediate attention
I agree, but a significant portion of Democrats (their crazies) won’t let that happen. A portion of our crazies along with their crazies will not let Ukraine aid happen. Combine them and the crazies can’t stop it. It’s going to be both or nothing,

Not how gov should work. The border is our homeland and deserves separate and immediate attention
Fixing the border is a great idea and if somebody has a workable plan I hope it gets implemented. But one thing that needs to be added to the list of items is the jailing of the people hiring them. And don't mean the flunkies just above them, I want to see company owners, ceo's, titans of industry with their asses in a sling. INS sweeps of chicken processing plants, lawn care and roofing crews are just the cost of doing business and that needs to change if you want to stem the tide.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
Fixing the border is a great idea and if somebody has a workable plan I hope it gets implemented. But one thing that needs to be added to the list of items is the jailing of the people hiring them. And don't mean the flunkies just above them, I want to see company owners, ceo's, titans of industry with their asses in a sling. INS sweeps of chicken processing plants, lawn care and roofing crews are just the cost of doing business and that needs to change if you want to stem the tide.
Broad brush strokes follow:

Step 1 should be removing any public financial incentives for coming here illegally.

Step 2 should be an effective set of barriers and the manpower needed to maintain, patrol and then apprehend violators.

Step 3 is the removal of financial incentives and an increase in punitive consequences for those hiring them.

Step 4 is to blow up the current system of visas and start over with something that's more efficient. There's 0 reason we couldn't have a system that includes temp work permits all the way up to and including legitimate requests for asylum and citizenship, all while vetting who is coming in.

Significant jail time for CEOs would stop most illegal immigration within a week.

Why not jail time for congress and the President in charge of the problem while you’re at it?

Reactions: jet812
You get a law written and passed that has those penalties that passes constitutional muster and I have no problem with it.
I wouldn’t be for that law or the laws you proposed either. I was just curious if you were also for jailing the people most responsible for allowing illegals into the country.

Why not jail time for congress and the President in charge of the problem while you’re at it?
Will need better proof than because conservatives say so in order to get jail time.

Apprehensions are up.. sounds like current president is doing better than the last

Will need better proof than because conservatives say so in order to get jail time.

Apprehensions are up.. sounds like current president is doing better than the last
I’m not for jailing congress members or the President. I was just asking Standard a question. Also, I don’t really care if you think the border isn’t an issue. It’s a major issue and if Biden doesn’t address it, he’s going to lose in the fall.

Most conservative Republicans want to fix the border and support Ukraine. It’s only a growing number of Trumpster Republicans that don’t want to support Ukraine.
There is nothing conservative about supporting Ukraine (other than it being anti Russia), of which I am obviously totally in favor of. If anything, looking at the evidence and history, Trumpsters are quiet fine spending some cash (Trump spent a shit ton), but this time they have leverage to shut off (slow) the south spigot, with something the left (which you aren't ooooooooooobviously......) loves more than America's sovereignty, giving money for other people to defend themselves from invasion.

I wouldn’t be for that law or the laws you proposed either. I was just curious if you were also for jailing the people most responsible for allowing illegals into the country.
I think politicians should be jailed just out of principal. But business owners don't want the border sealed up and to think you can stem the flow without removing the cash is naive. And you can't remove the cash by smacking business owners with penalties that are inconsequential.

Reactions: snarlcakes
Also, I don’t really care if you think the border isn’t an issue. It’s a major issue and if Biden doesn’t address it, he’s going to lose in the fall.

If this current bill can't get passed, then Biden needs to make sure everyone knows why.

Reactions: baileyiu
I think politicians should be jailed just out of principal. But business owners don't want the border sealed up and to think you can stem the flow without removing the cash is naive. And you can't remove the cash by smacking business owners with penalties that are inconsequential.
I agree politicians and the business leaders don’t want the border sealed. I disagree on stemming the flow of immigrants. We could seal the border tomorrow and slow it to a trickle.

Last edited:
There is nothing conservative about supporting Ukraine (other than it being anti Russia), of which I am obviously totally in favor of. If anything, looking at the evidence and history, Trumpsters are quiet fine spending some cash (Trump spent a shit ton), but this time they have leverage to shut off (slow) the south spigot, with something the left (which you aren't ooooooooooobviously......) loves more than America's sovereignty, giving money for other people to defend themselves from invasion.
This is the traditionally Republican way. Support friendly nations when they are attacked by nations who don’t have our best interests in mind.

Coach......... I think our lack of shooting threes isn't working in modern basketball. ...........

WTF was the last time pub's had this type of leverage over the swamp donkeys? And they are STILL getting beat AGAIN.. puzzies.

Coach......... I think our lack of shooting threes isn't working in modern basketball. ...........

WTF was the last time pub's had this type of leverage over the swamp donkeys? And they are STILL getting beat AGAIN.. puzzies.
We’re in a trickbag joe. We can’t win with trump and his cronies and we don’t like the Romneys and mccains. Like our personal lives we just need to hope for a house divided, keep everything open, pray for who taxes us the least, and hope snarl is right about bit, absent that hope for the sweet relief of death

Significant jail time for CEOs and BODs would slow illegal immigration to a trickle.

Ex and girly pop got Covid. I’m going to have some free time this week. Woot woot

• Love
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
This is the traditionally Republican way. Support friendly nations when they are attacked by nations who don’t have our best interests in mind.
You betcha, but also the traditionally Republican way is to let (actually turn a blind eye) millions invade from our south. Even the Dem's are screaming that is a problem, so traditionally Pubs have to change course and use one, for leverage of the other. It's the only (us minion level) leverage they have, to SHOW they give a shit.
I want however many poor russians gone that it takes for putin and that entire 3rd world methodology to be gone, as much as anyone. But we have a problem at our own home and it's war time (Philosophically, so far).

You betcha, but also the traditionally Republican way is to let (actually turn a blind eye) millions invade from our south. Even the Dem's are screaming that is a problem, so traditionally Pubs have to change course and use one, for leverage of the other. It's the only (us minion level) leverage they have, to SHOW they give a shit.
I want however many poor russians gone that it takes for putin and that entire 3rd world methodology to be gone, as much as anyone. But we have a problem at our own home and it's war time (Philosophically, so far).
That is definitely not the traditional Republican way in the southern border.

We’re in a trickbag joe. We can’t win with trump and his cronies and we don’t like the Romneys and mccains. Like our personal lives we just need to hope for a house divided, keep everything open, pray for who taxes us the least, and hope snarl is right about bit, absent that hope for the sweet relief of death
Your Hope for's..... Yes, NO, yes, meh Dodge coin is staged for a huge run.
Do you have the Carbon auto tracker app that calculates real time how much carbon Mittens adds to the environment everyday? It was a game changer for me. That man is a special kind of ceramic coated Teflon. Even Turkey grease won't stick to him.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
I know, that's why the Trumpsters are fixing your BS, Traditionally speaking anyway. If you don't close the boarder, no Ukraine candy. All aboard, choo choo.....
WTH are you talking about? The Republicans are pretty united on the border, the crazies among the Democrats aren’t onboard - enough to stop it. The crazies on the left and right (Trumpsters) oppose aid to Ukraine - enough to stop it. Putting both together could get us past the crazies. Now we got Trump wanting to kill it.

Reactions: UncleMark
woohoo, are we still planning on the sweater shopping?

Oh wait, I wasn't supposed to say that out loud, was I ? uuuugh.
Of course. Have to make it through the weekend first with the minion and now no help. Seems like I could find a hot migrant that I could give a bed to and an allowance and she could take care of the kids. Win win for everyone

Off to the grocery store to shop for the weekend. Probably scream at mark when I get back

Of course. Have to make it through the weekend first with the minion and now no help. Seems like I could find a hot migrant that I could give a bed to and an allowance and she could take care of the kids. Win win for everyone

Off to the grocery store to shop for the weekend. Probably scream at mark when I get back
She'd be preggers within a week.

Er'body knows that the best nannies are found in the hardware store parking lot. Duh.
Pick up some sanding disk and a nanny, 2'fer !

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
WTH are you talking about? The Republicans are pretty united on the border, the crazies among the Democrats aren’t onboard - enough to stop it. The crazies on the left and right (Trumpsters) oppose aid to Ukraine - enough to stop it. Putting both together could get us past the crazies. Now we got Trump wanting to kill it.
Crazies on the right are not against Ukraine, they simply know that the traditionally Republican's ACT like they care about the boarder, but this is the only way to force their hand, put up or shut up. Boarder #1, Ukraine next. In that order. Hell just go back to Trumps rules, wall and all. But you know as well or more so that traditonally republicans are fo show only.

The Republicans are pretty united on the border,
Oh they are united alright, but it's not for what they want you to think it's united for. All hat, no cattle. Do you help Blinken and Mayorkiss with their misdirection speech. You should,

Crazies on the right are not against Ukraine, they simply know that the traditionally Republican's ACT like they care about the boarder, but this is the only way to force their hand, put up or shut up. Boarder #1, Ukraine next. In that order. Hell just go back to Trumps rules, wall and all. But you know as well or more so that traditonally republicans are fo show only.
Yes they are. Pay attention.

I agree with part of you are saying but are we prepared to deal with the consequences? It would lead to a combination of higher costs and a slow down in availability of many goods and services.

I'm not sure you could pay the average American enough to work on a roof in the American southeast in August. Or any other month for that matter.

Same with meat packing, manual farm jobs, etc. I don't say this to be argumentative. Just that there would be fallout.

Reactions: manichi
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT