Trump goes all in on the wall.

lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

tenor.gif

Reactions: TerhuneHoosierfan
Its almost the longest shutdown in history -- I guess Trump has kept his promise in one way.

He has brought back some manufacturing back to the country -- albeit a (manufactured) national crisis.
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

#shitholecountry

If he declares an emergency, and the courts upholding, the next Dem will declare global warming an emergency. There is the compromise negotiation.

If he declares an emergency, and the courts upholding, the next Dem will declare global warming an emergency. There is the compromise negotiation.

I’d agree with the sentiment. However, thats absolutely not the way to go about dealing with climate change. Or any other national matter.

When did emergencies become a way to avoid negotiations? Isn’t the fact that we’ve talking about it for a while make it by definition NOT an emergency? This is supposed to be reserved for actual emergencies- not politically manufactured ones that are triggered by temper tantrums, buikt upon lies and falsehoods.

Yet another way Trump seems hell bent on destroying our institutions by usurping power and throwing the delicate balances out of whack. Put simply, doing this when there’s no an actual emergency is dictator/autocrat type chit. He still doesn’t know that he’s not the GD King.

If he does this, he’ll essentially be wiping his fat @ss with our constitution. He has zero respect for our government.

When did emergencies become a way to avoid negotiations? Isn’t the fact that we’ve talking about it for a while make it by definition NOT an emergency? This is supposed to be reserved for actual emergencies- not politically manufactured ones that are triggered by temper tantrums, buikt upon lies and falsehoods.
That would be the basis for a court challenge, methinks.

I’d agree with the sentiment. However, thats absolutely not the way to go about dealing with climate change. Or any other national matter.

Yet another way Trump seems hell bent on destroying our institutions by usurping power and throwing the delicate balances out of whack. Put simply, doing this when there’s no an actual emergency is dictator/autocrat type chit. He still doesn’t know that he’s not the GD King.

If he does this, he’ll essentially be wiping his fat @ss with our constitution. He has zero respect for our government.

I agree 100%, it is not the way it should be done. And not the way I want it done. But if Trump does this and the courts allow it, I will back such a move by a Dem 100%.

But I really do not think the courts will allow it. And I do not think Trump would want them to. What issue does he have if this goes away? Courts decide no, he has 2 issues.

Edit:
Steel much stronger than not as powerful as Concrete
All obstacles can be breached. This was discovered by the Romans when they used catapults, ballistae, and trebuchets to breach city walls. The fact that the wall can be breached is not news. The issues are what tools are necessary, what tools do you have available, and how long will it take. The objective is to push channelize people from areas with a wall to an area without a wall. This reduces the amount of area you have to cover with people. By using sensors, aerostats, and drones to cover the wall you can detect attempts at breaching the wall.

All obstacles can be breached. This was discovered by the Romans when they used catapults, ballistae, and trebuchets to breach city walls. The fact that the wall can be breached is not news. The issues are what tools are necessary, what tools do you have available, and how long will it take. The objective is to push channelize people from areas with a wall to an area without a wall. This reduces the amount of area you have to cover with people. By using sensors, aerostats, and drones to cover the wall you can detect attempts at breaching the wall.

Or you could use sensors, aerostats, and drones to cover the border and you can detect attempts at breaching the border (and then spend $50 billion on things that aren't a waste.) ;)

Reactions: largemouth
You're apparently trying to describe how you would build a wall, not how Trump intends to do it.

I am remembering that Trump campaigned on building a wall across the entire southern border, not just in certain areas. Can anyone confirm my memory on this?

Also, regardless what Trump said during the 2016 campaign, has Trump recently announced a specific plan to place sections of wall in specific locations? Until Trump actually commits to a specific construction concept, there is no rational way to know what it will cost.

Reactions: iuwclurker
I agree 100%, it is not the way it should be done. And not the way I want it done. But if Trump does this and the courts allow it, I will back such a move by a Dem 100%.

But I really do not think the courts will allow it. And I do not think Trump would want them to. What issue does he have if this goes away? Courts decide no, he has 2 issues.
I think this illustrates that the parties are not mirror images. To vastly oversimplify, Democrats want government to work, while Republicans insist that government can't possibly work. When Republican incompetence seems to prove that government doesn't work, they still win.

I think this illustrates that the parties are not mirror images. To vastly oversimplify, Democrats want government to work, while Republicans insist that government can't possibly work. When Republican incompetence seems to prove that government doesn't work, they still win.

Yes, shutting down government perfectly fits the Republican narrative. And many will be happy if qualified people quit the government over no pay.

It is easier to destroy than to build.

The picture in the story referenced by Griffin is not the steel slat construction that is favored by the current administration. It is the steel-bollard-filled-with-concrete version. I've got no strong preferences for either. But keep in mind you're looking at steel pipe filled with concrete and these clowns are claiming that this can be cut by a household saw...one doofus claims that the saw would cost $15. If that is true, then define "household."

Another tactic to make his case be it by dehumanising the people even further.

I am guessing he will be loading his gun then.

4604F23700000578-5050463-image-a-5_1509833600540.jpg

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT