ADVERTISEMENT

The biggest threat to the integrity of our democracy today

Why would they sow distrust with a presidency they had bought and paid for, using the conservative media explanation? Would we install the Shah with a coup and then begin a disinformation campaign against him.

If the Russians bought Clinton with the uranium deal, it seems they would REALLY want her to have as much power as possible.

Well, the Russians buying access was open and with Hillary’s knowledge. The disruption was clandestine. Heads I win tails you lose. The Russians were covering the bases.

There is no way a country risks losing an asset that big. If the American president is on their payroll, there is no bigger asset anywhere.

I am appalled that this rhetoric is still being bantered. SMH

The biggest threat to our democracy started in February 1968 when the media became part of politics. We no longer have a news media that can be trusted. As George Bush said a year ago AMERICA desperately needs a media to hold politicians accountable. He also said that we need a media that reports accurately and fairly. That no longer exists in our country.

I am appalled that this rhetoric is still being bantered. SMH

What rhetoric is that? If you read the thread, I am suggesting that IF Clinton were bought by the Russians through a donation to her foundation. Is that the rhetoric you are complaining about?

Please read your post that I referred to in my post.
I have read that post, that post is part of my conversation with CO regarding the conservative concept that Clinton was bought off in the uranium deal. You need to see the whole thread. Now maybe that is what you are disagreeing with, and I disagree with it as well. But if the Russians bought her in the uranium deal why on earth would they campaign against her in the election?

I have read that post, that post is part of my conversation with CO regarding the conservative concept that Clinton was bought off in the uranium deal. You need to see the whole thread. Now maybe that is what you are disagreeing with, and I disagree with it as well. But if the Russians bought her in the uranium deal why on earth would they campaign against her in the election?
You didn't go down this rabbit hole with CoH did you? If you accept the false premise that pigs can fly you can hardly follow up by insisting that, IF they can fly they MUST have wings. If pigs can fly then why can't they have rockets rather than wings? IF Clinton was bought off by the Russians then, perhaps the Russians stopped supporting her because they decided her bad activities with children at the pizza parlor made her an unfit partner. Why not? In Wonderland neither fact nor logic applies.

The Biggest Threat to Our Democracy Today is: having had a former administration weaponizing the IRS, the Justice Department, the FBI, the NSA, and the CIA..., even to the point of seeding each organization with sleeper stay behinds...

A page right out out the early 1930's in soon to be Nazi Germany...

Civil Libertarians everywhere should be up in arms but there's a deafening silence when it's "their" party doing it.
Wow 76.... much respect... I had no idea. Preach!

Soooo . . . J Edgar Hoover was Director of the FBI during the Obama administration?

Who knew?!?

BTW, your post reads like you're wearing a lot of tin-foil on your head. It ain't so just because you, Hannity and Rush proclaim it over and over and over again.

You guys are funny. Obama and the Dems put a tin foil hat on Romney when he said Russia was his biggest concern ..... can you explain how they are now your biggest concern?

Reactions: IUBBALLAWOL
Also, if Hillary could be bought for a simple donation to their foundation, would not the Russians have a dog in the fight? If you could buy a foreign leader, would you not have a dog in the fight?
Do you doubt that access to the White House and Government officials were not for sale through the Clinton Foundation? Just curious...

You guys are funny. Obama and the Dems put a tin foil hat on Romney when he said Russia was his biggest concern ..... can you explain how they are now your biggest concern?

Show me where I said anything like Romney deserved a tin foil hat for saying Russia was his biggest concern. For the record, my suspicion is that Russia is fomenting much of the increasing conflict in the middle east, is pushing Turkey to be a threat to the middle east at the expense of US policy and is likely more cooperative with both Iran and North Korea than we need to know.

You voted for the guy who is enabling this. If this turns in the direction I suspect it is going to, you're going to have an awful lot to account for, because you're enabling the enabler.

Do you doubt that access to the White House and Government officials were not for sale through the Clinton Foundation? Just curious...

I do not believe so. There is much to dislike about the Clintons' but they are not unbelievably stupid, and that is what it would take since every move they made for 20 years was watched by Judicial Watch.

Show me where I said anything like Romney deserved a tin foil hat for saying Russia was his biggest concern. For the record, my suspicion is that Russia is fomenting much of the increasing conflict in the middle east, is pushing Turkey to be a threat to the middle east at the expense of US policy and is likely more cooperative with both Iran and North Korea than we need to know.

You voted for the guy who is enabling this. If this turns in the direction I suspect it is going to, you're going to have an awful lot to account for, because you're enabling the enabler.

Trump didn’t move missles out of Europe because he was going to fix the relationship... who did that? Very poor decision.

Russia reset....

Trump didn’t move missles out of Europe because he was going to fix the relationship... who did that? Very poor decision.

Russia reset....
I think your reliance on Trump to "reset" a relationship with Russia on terms more favorable to the US is foolish. Then again, I'm convinced the guy has been seriously compromised by the Russians and it's just a matter of time before we learn just how badly that compromise is and has been. You're entitled to consider me foolish as well . . . we'll see who's closer to the actual facts over time.

I think your reliance on Trump to "reset" a relationship with Russia on terms more favorable to the US is foolish. Then again, I'm convinced the guy has been seriously compromised by the Russians and it's just a matter of time before we learn just how badly that compromise is and has been. You're entitled to consider me foolish as well . . . we'll see who's closer to the actual facts over time.

Adolf is a Manchurian candidate. Of that, I have no doubt.

I used to think that was the case but in Trumpland people never agree to actual facts unless those facts confirm what they believed all along.

not sure if you are a male or female, so please excuse me, but dude... according to RT there is no objective truth.

Russia reset....

It is so funny to watch people in these discussions point from fingers at each other trying to defend either the Clintons or Trumps. Both are complete scumbags but neither group is selling the US down the river to the damned Russians. The Russians are trying to disrupt, period. They will undermine either side or both sides. Seriously? These posts are like a couple of teenagers fighting over Facebook and Twitter posts.

It is so funny to watch people in these discussions point from fingers at each other trying to defend either the Clintons or Trumps. Both are complete scumbags but neither group is selling the US down the river to the damned Russians. The Russians are trying to disrupt, period. They will undermine either side or both sides. Seriously? These posts are like a couple of teenagers fighting over Facebook and Twitter posts.
I agree 100% about the Russians....

Unfortunately, unless the hypocrisy is pointed out in the non stop Trump bashing, no one would post what you just posted. By the way, I didn’t say anything about Clinton. I was talking about the Obama admin. As more and more comes out, the silence about the Obama Admins lack of response and misleading statements before the elections is deafening on here....

Unfortunately, unless the hypocrisy is pointed out in the non stop Trump bashing, no one would post what you just posted. By the way, I didn’t say anything about Clinton. I was talking about the Obama admin. As more and more comes out, the silence about the Obama Admins lack of response and misleading statements before the elections is deafening on here....

My point is this: I can’t stand either side. Trump is an absolute slideshow. I agree with his economic policies but everything else is terrible with him. The Democrats could care less about the little people that they profess to support. Why in the hell didn’t the Democrats completely embrace Trump’s proposal on the DACA kids? As far as I am concerned they should give him his damned wall in exchange for a path for those children and the other changes to the immigration policies. Both sides are absolutely corrupt and care almost nothing about us citizens. Any of us who blindly line up totally with one side or the other should be ashamed.

I remember during the campaign President Obama acknowledge that he was aware of the Russian meddling. In fact, he said he had called Putin and told him to stop, and he did stop. Several months ago even extremely left-wing Van Jones was quoted as saying the Russian investigation was a nothingburger.

Reactions: Hoosier_Hack
Still sticking with that 100% false thing, eh? That river in Egypt....
You refuting that HRC and the dems paid over 12 million to fabricate a dossier?
Of course. Another piece of the dossier was confirmed just yesterday, as most of it has been. You actually deny that? You’re the lady in the Russian CNN video. Deny facts staring you in the face.

My point is this: I can’t stand either side. Trump is an absolute slideshow. I agree with his economic policies but everything else is terrible with him. The Democrats could care less about the little people that they profess to support. Why in the hell didn’t the Democrats completely embrace Trump’s proposal on the DACA kids? As far as I am concerned they should give him his damned wall in exchange for a path for those children and the other changes to the immigration policies. Both sides are absolutely corrupt and care almost nothing about us citizens. Any of us who blindly line up totally with one side or the other should be ashamed.
They had a bipartisan agreement on his desk and Trump refused to sign it, after saying he would.

I remember during the campaign President Obama acknowledge that he was aware of the Russian meddling. In fact, he said he had called Putin and told him to stop, and he did stop. Several months ago even extremely left-wing Van Jones was quoted as saying the Russian investigation was a nothingburger.
You know the threat from McConnell after President Obama went to him, right? I’m in the camp that every bit of the information we are seeing leads to the fact that Trump is severely compromised by the Russians. My guess it’s more financial than behavior, but probably a bit of both. There is no other valid explanation, for both his behavior and the evidence coming out.

Vagility

Vagility is the basic skill and thus MO of the sophist and troll. But his life source is your response, your category error.

As Rock said:
Those who engage him as though he posted in good faith are making a category error.
I would take it a step farther. Engaging him is no way, shape, or form a dialogue. The longer it goes on, the more it erodes civil discourse.

The only civil solution is to ignore him. Fire engines don't stop to pet the barking curs.

Last edited:
Of course. Another piece of the dossier was confirmed just yesterday, as most of it has been. You actually deny that? You’re the lady in the Russian CNN video. Deny facts staring you in the face.
Didn't see that. What part? Tell me it's the prostitutes part. ;)

They had a bipartisan agreement on his desk and Trump refused to sign it, after saying he would.

They didnt put anything on his desk to sign. What was rejected in the Senate didnt meet his four points. Nice try but this is an example of what i have been saying. Where were the Dem votes in both houses for the DACA portion of the Bill?. Even Illinois Rep Gutierrez was for it saying " Give Trump the stupid wall if that is what it takes to take care of the Dreamers" If the Dems really cared about the Dreamers they would have actually sent the bill to Trump.

They didnt put anything on his desk to sign. What was rejected in the Senate didnt meet his four points. Nice try but this is an example of what i have been saying. Where were the Dem votes in both houses for the DACA portion of the Bill?. Even Illinois Rep Gutierrez was for it saying " Give Trump the stupid wall if that is what it takes to take care of the Dreamers" If the Dems really cared about the Dreamers they would have actually sent the bill to Trump.

And if Trump and the republicans really cared about the dreamers they’d write and pass a bill regarding only the status of the dreamers. Or maybe Trump wouldn’t have screwed them all in the first place if he really cared.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/01/trump-rejects-bipartisan-dreamers-deal.html
What didn't it meet? They even funded his stupid waste of money, damn wall.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/01/trump-rejects-bipartisan-dreamers-deal.html
What didn't it meet? They even funded his stupid waste of money, damn wall.

How much money? That was the issue. The bottom line
And if Trump and the republicans really cared about the dreamers they’d write and pass a bill regarding only the status of the dreamers. Or maybe Trump wouldn’t have screwed them all in the first place if he really cared.

Trump and the republicans believe that when Daca is done there will be another huge influx of child refugees sent across the border. Does anybody recall what happened when Daca was initially done? From a national perspective we need to do both. The bipartisan plan provided minimal funds for the wall. I say this: like Gutierrez give him his $30 billion for the wall/ security, reduce the impact of chain immigration, and tweak the lottery process. Done. The Dems can claim a huge victory. The Reps will claim they did it ......who cares, get it done!

How much money? That was the issue. The bottom line

Trump and the republicans believe that when Daca is done there will be another huge influx of child refugees sent across the border. Does anybody recall what happened when Daca was initially done? From a national perspective we need to do both. The bipartisan plan provided minimal funds for the wall. I say this: like Gutierrez give him his $30 billion for the wall/ security, reduce the impact of chain immigration, and tweak the lottery process. Done. The Dems can claim a huge victory. The Reps will claim they did it ......who cares, get it done!

No, what happened?!?! One of the many requirements to qualify for DACA was you had to be continuously living in the US since June 15th, 2007. Sooooooooo, it looks like it didn’t apply to children brought here after that date.

I thought you guys were pro family, pro children, and pro life. Why is it such a terrible thing for these parents to bring their children here in hopes of obtaining a better life?

https://www.uscis.gov/archive/consideration-deferred-action-childhood-arrivals-daca#guidelines

No, what happened?!?! One of the many requirements to qualify for DACA was you had to be continuously living in the US since June 15th, 2007. Sooooooooo, it looks like it didn’t apply to children brought here after that date.

I thought you guys were pro family, pro children, and pro life. Why is it such a terrible thing for these parents to bring their children here in hopes of obtaining a better life?

https://www.uscis.gov/archive/consideration-deferred-action-childhood-arrivals-daca#guidelines

Based on your logic it would be acceptable for anyone with Children looking to come to our country for a better life should be allowed to enter regardless of the law? Sounds like no border to me.

Trump and the republicans believe that when Daca is done there will be another huge influx of child refugees sent across the border. Does anybody recall what happened when Daca was initially done?
That makes zero sense. That's not how DACA worked, and it's certainly not how any theoretical legislative DACA fix will work.

That makes zero sense. That's not how DACA worked, and it's certainly not how any theoretical legislative DACA fix will work.

When Obama initially implemented DACA we encountered a huge influx of unaccompanied minor kids across the board

I have no idea what you were talking about

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT