ADVERTISEMENT

Who is the bigger threat to democracy trump or biden?

Comparing the threat of Biden to the threat of Trump is asinine to begin with.

The worst thing that can be said about Biden is his age and possible dementia (not proven). Even if he was a turnip and other people in his administration were controlling him behind the scenes, that is still a far cry from letting the soon to be felon back in office who tried to steal the last election.
It is absolutely amazing how Democrats refuse to acknowledge the video oh Biden threatening to withhold money for Ukraine if the prosecutor is not fired. How Democrats are ok with Hunter Biden receiving money from Russia, Ukraine and China and he himself can’t or won’t explain why they chose him for the positions. They chose to ignore the IRS whistleblowers. They choose to ignore Hunter’s business partners who all claim that Joe had knowledge and granted access to the Whitehouse. Joe trying to just give away millions of dollars in student loans. Refusing to secure the Southern Border. Trying to destroy the fossil fuel industry and causing record inflation.

It is absolutely amazing how Democrats refuse to acknowledge the video oh Biden threatening to withhold money for Ukraine if the prosecutor is not fired. How Democrats are ok with Hunter Biden receiving money from Russia, Ukraine and China and he himself can’t or won’t explain why they chose him for the positions. They chose to ignore the IRS whistleblowers. They choose to ignore Hunter’s business partners who all claim that Joe had knowledge and granted access to the Whitehouse. Joe trying to just give away millions of dollars in student loans. Refusing to secure the Southern Border. Trying to destroy the fossil fuel industry and causing record inflation.
It is funny how republicans don't care about Melania making money from China, Jared making money from Saudi Arabia and Don the con making money off the middle east. They don't even give a crap about Don the con using his ex wife's dead body as a tax write-off.

Get off your high horse

Who do you think “they” who are ignoring everything are?

Also, what specifically do House Republicans want to impeach Joe Biden for? Specifically, what do you think would be/will be in the articles of impeachment?

I’m literally shaking.

DJT's cat...

bfcbb137c83e2a6ea3980e093809d358.jpeg

no what he did was eloquently explain how this "trump is a threat to democracy" is just a partisan take and of no moment to at least half the country. in fact more independents accdg to that poll view biden as a bigger threat to democracy. so it'd be nice to get away from the jan 6 nonsense and the threat to democracy silliness and debate who would be better for lives of americans. who would keep us safer, make our dollars go farther, create more opportunities, etc. i've already lost hope that the two will be divisive as both are equally divisive.
As leader of the Dream Team you should read the Green Bay Sweep put forth by Peter Navarro- Trump tried to reverse an election he lost. Not sure how any educated Republican can know the plan and think differently.

to those polled it looks pretty evenly split between trump and biden. absurd we can't get rid of both. that seems like something most of america actually agree on
This media narrative about a “threat to Democracy” is over exaggerated. After the election, Trump’s behavior (as Charles would say) was turrible. Or whatever descriptive term people prefer. Atrocious, bad, ignorant…whatever. At no point, however, was our democracy threatened

no what he did was eloquently explain how this "trump is a threat to democracy" is just a partisan take and of no moment to at least half the country. in fact more independents accdg to that poll view biden as a bigger threat to democracy. so it'd be nice to get away from the jan 6 nonsense and the threat to democracy silliness and debate who would be better for lives of americans. who would keep us safer, make our dollars go farther, create more opportunities, etc. i've already lost hope that the two will be divisive as both are equally divisive.
i guess we will see in november who is the bigger threat when the voters decide.

Meh. I think of that stuff as just campaign rhetoric nowadays. Ridiculous, over the top, harmful rhetoric, but mostly just talk.

Unfortunately, it gives people cover to engage in bad behavior since the dreamed up consequences are imagined to be so dire. Elevating ends over means is the true threat to our democratic institutions.

Ridiculous. If he tries it, plenty of Republicans--every single Trump supporter on this board included--would turn on him. Same for if Biden tried it and the Dems.

You don't need to turn Trump into Hitler to combat him.
I don’t believe most elephant backers on
this board would have much issue if Trump ended the US Constitution and our elections- the reason many feel that way is not much a mystery to me. I don’t think it’s debt and chaos they enjoy.

This media narrative about a “threat to Democracy” is over exaggerated. After the election, Trump’s behavior (as Charles would say) was turrible. Or whatever descriptive term people prefer. Atrocious, bad, ignorant…whatever. At no point, however, was our democracy threatened
The biggest threat to democracy and the US system of government is the democrats, higher education, big tech, big media, big entertainment, corporate board rooms, and big government all singing from the same sheet of music. Group think, conformance, obedience, and cancelling threatens individualism, creativity, and ideas— and everything else of value.

That could be, but I don't view Biden as a threat to democracy. He's not trying to change how government works, which isn't specifically a positive but isn't a threat, and he's not working to alienate or undercut our allies.
First off I don't want Biden or Trump to be the next President. Second I have great respect and enjoy reading your comments on basketball. Unfortunately, when it comes to politics I thing you have your head so far up Biden's and the Democrat's butt you really can not see what is going on. I will also admit if I received my information from the media and online as a lot of the Dems do I understand why they would think this way.

First off I don't want Biden or Trump to be the next President. Second I have great respect and enjoy reading your comments on basketball. Unfortunately, when it comes to politics I thing you have your head so far up Biden's and the Democrat's butt you really can not see what is going on. I will also admit if I received my information from the media and online as a lot of the Dems do I understand why they would think this way.
I don't want Biden or Trump either, so you're wrong.

I'd take Biden over Trump by a wide mile because he won't try to over turn the rules of our democracy to stay in power.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and manichi

I'd take Biden over Trump by a wide mile because he won't try to over turn the rules of our democracy to stay in power.
Welcome Fellow Traveler! I have rejected 4 chances to vote for Trump. I seek your wisdom so I can teach others.

I understand how ordering his troops to murder Congress on Jan. 6 was anti-democratic, but what other specific steps has Trump taken or proposed to “overturn the rules of our democracy to stay in power?” Being a dick doesn’t seem to rise to that level. Neither (I think) does being a frauder in business. So … what exactly are we talking about? is he one of those 1619 dudes who wants to do away with the constitution?

Help me.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and jet812
Welcome Fellow Traveler! I have rejected 4 chances to vote for Trump. I seek your wisdom so I can teach others.

I understand how ordering his troops to murder Congress on Jan. 6 was anti-democratic, but what other specific steps has Trump taken or proposed to “overturn the rules of our democracy to stay in power?” Being a dick doesn’t seem to rise to that level. Neither (I think) does being a frauder in business. So … what exactly are we talking about? is he one of those 1619 dudes who wants to do away with the constitution?

Help me.

that’s all they got. It was timing more than anything, which makes it such a shame. He’d be unanimously thought of as our savior had he asked his freedom strike team to attack the swamp creatures on any other day.

The biggest threat to democracy and the US system of government is the democrats, higher education, big tech, big media, big entertainment, corporate board rooms, and big government all singing from the same sheet of music. Group think, conformance, obedience, and cancelling threatens individualism, creativity, and ideas— and everything else of value.
Did you attend IU or just a fan? It strikes me odd you’d call out higher education on a university chat board

that’s all they got. It was timing more than anything, which makes it such a shame. He’d be unanimously thought of as our savior had he asked his freedom strike team to attack the swamp creatures on any other day.
Green Bay Sweep please Google or just continue to spout the Fox News evening voices

Dumbest of the year ... Buts it’s early.
I think you’ll have an opportunity to prove me wrong. I’m ready for a civil war and just wonder which side my old GOP will align with. Trump ends constitution it’ll be very interesting what the Dream Team does- I mean gas and crab legs should be cheap again what else matters to y’all that you can state in public? It’s clear a few of the dreamers simply want it to be 1955 again- others it’s just not clear. It is clear none of you has even read a description of the Green Bay Sweep which disappoints me greatly as knowledge is indeed power. I’d guess it is the Ga trial outcome which makes Trump refuse to leave again

Green Bay Sweep please Google or just continue to spout the Fox News evening voices

I was playing along. lol. Jan 6 deniers are scary, scary people.

I’ve taken up Chappelle’s view of trump. Did they stage a witch hunt on that man even before he was elected? Hell ya they did. Relentless! Hounded constantly! Did he deserve most of it? Hell yes he did. Dude is crooked as fvck. lol

Help me.
How many do you need? Throughout the vast majority of Western history, what Trump did on 1/6 would be enough to have his head separated from his neck, even if he never did anything else offensive the entire rest of his life before or after.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and Indyhorn
How many do you need? Throughout the vast majority of Western history, what Trump did on 1/6 would be enough to have his head separated from his neck, even if he never did anything else offensive the entire rest of his life before or after.
So what? Throughout the vast majority of Western history people could clearly state what a woman is. Times change, or so you folks keep insisting, but go ahead & get specific with some of the specific steps.

Reactions: DANC
Even in this thread, the idea has been expressed that being Republican is being anti-democracy

A few years ago, all Republicans were racists.

But when asked to put up or shut up, they don't - and you come to their rescue, after banning people for using legal names you don’t like.

You people are scary.

He had 2 1/2 years to get his DoJ to charge Trump, but he waited until Trump had an insurmountable lead.

And you don't think Biden hasn't overturned the rules of our democracy?

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
So what? Throughout the vast majority of Western history people could clearly state what a woman is. Times change, or so you folks keep insisting, but go ahead & get specific with some of the specific steps.

Eh — not a fan of Neoliberalism or whatever but this whole beautiful friggin American party train will go off the tracks quickly if everyone starts thinking votes don’t count or can be undone. I have much more faith in our culture synthesizing a reasonable approach to gender identity than going to the dark side of govt and coming back.

Even in this thread, the idea has been expressed that being Republican is being anti-democracy

A few years ago, all Republicans were racists.

But when asked to put up or shut up, they don't - and you come to their rescue, after banning people for using legal names you don’t like.

You people are scary.
If that qualifies as a rescue, they were right all along, since all I did was state the obvious.

Exactly. What Trump did on J6 might have justified life in the dungeon or worse in Western History. Western history isn’t exactly known for stable governments. Modern American government is strong, stable, and secure. J6 didn’t leave a mark notwithstanding the left histrionics.

That’s not to say we don’t have weak spots. We do, but they don’t come from Trump or any other expression from the people. The weakness is operational and comes from within.

Reactions: DANC

Help me.
Threatening a Secretary of State his job or even his freedom to produce votes. There is that pesky phone call.

Trying to overturn vote counts in multiple states by trying to halt their certification.
Asking his VP to not do his duty by certifying the election.

That's just the stuff we know.

He had 2 1/2 years to get his DoJ to charge Trump, but he waited until Trump had an insurmountable lead.

And you don't think Biden hasn't overturned the rules of our democracy?
What? Trump is facing 91 indictments.

Spare me the Biden is weaponizing the DOJ. You might as well be on your knees in front of Trump when you say it.

Reactions: Indyhorn
Exactly. What Trump did on J6 might have justified life in the dungeon or worse in Western History. Western history isn’t exactly known for stable governments. Modern American government is strong, stable, and secure. J6 didn’t leave a mark notwithstanding the left histrionics.

That’s not to say we don’t have weak spots. We do, but they don’t come from Trump or any other expression from the people. The weakness is operational and comes from within.
So your point is because he grossly failed at what he was trying to do, that makes it better?

What? Trump is facing 91 indictments.

Spare me the Biden is weaponizing the DOJ. You might as well be on your knees in front of Trump when you say it.
91 and all within the last year. You don't have an analytical bone in your body.

You might as well be bending over in front of Biden when you don't see what's going on.

Reactions: ulrey

Shit. In Western history, Trump isn't the one who would have suffered. He'd have had the heads of Hillary, Comey, Brenner, and Clapper on pikes outside the White House.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT