ADVERTISEMENT

The road to dystopia?

CO. Hoosier

Hall of Famer
Aug 29, 2001
The scariest statement coming out of the New Hampshire Primary was this prepared statement from the President of the United Stares

It is now clear that Donald Trump will be the Republican nominee. And my message to the country is the stakes could not be higher. Our Democracy. Our personal freedoms — from the right to choose to the right to vote. Our economy — which has seen the strongest recovery in the world since COVID. All are at stake,”​
Really? Does Biden think America is so fragile that our democracy, freedoms, and economy are at stake in this election? My answer Not on your life you stupid senile old man. Sadly millions of voters have come to believe this is true. Many of whom are smart and articulate posters whom I enjoy reading.

Fear is the ultimate mind control. Fear is all we get from politicians these days. But we get it worse from the Democratic left. The democrats, with an important assist from the media, have managed to focus all of our anxieties and fears on TRUMP, like focusing sunlight with a magnifying glass. Because of horrible policy and worse ad hoc decisions from the Biden Administration, we are in bad shape with everything, including spending, border, immigration, energy, Middle East conflict, race, transportation, and more. None of these issues are part of the 2024 campaign. Instead we get a diet of democracy at stake and be afraid of TRUMP and his “extreme MAGA“ cohorts. We no longer have serious discussions Between democrats and republicans. Instead, because of media and politics, we are fed a diet of stay the horrible course Biden has us on, or burn the f*cker down by voting for Republicans. .

Be afraid of Trump!

The road to dystopia is described in these novels, and we are on it.

State of Fear
The Giver
Brave New World

The scariest statement coming out of the New Hampshire Primary was this prepared statement from the President of the United Stares

It is now clear that Donald Trump will be the Republican nominee. And my message to the country is the stakes could not be higher. Our Democracy. Our personal freedoms — from the right to choose to the right to vote. Our economy — which has seen the strongest recovery in the world since COVID. All are at stake,”​
Really? Does Biden think America is so fragile that our democracy, freedoms, and economy are at stake in this election? My answer Not on your life you stupid senile old man. Sadly millions of voters have come to believe this is true. Many of whom are smart and articulate posters whom I enjoy reading.

Fear is the ultimate mind control. Fear is all we get from politicians these days. But we get it worse from the Democratic left. The democrats, with an important assist from the media, have managed to focus all of our anxieties and fears on TRUMP, like focusing sunlight with a magnifying glass. Because of horrible policy and worse ad hoc decisions from the Biden Administration, we are in bad shape with everything, including spending, border, immigration, energy, Middle East conflict, race, transportation, and more. None of these issues are part of the 2024 campaign. Instead we get a diet of democracy at stake and be afraid of TRUMP and his “extreme MAGA“ cohorts. We no longer have serious discussions Between democrats and republicans. Instead, because of media and politics, we are fed a diet of stay the horrible course Biden has us on, or burn the f*cker down by voting for Republicans. .

Be afraid of Trump!

State of Fear
The Giver
Brave New World
It's all biden has to run on. he has hte lowest rating in modern history for a reason.
is gas cheaper under his admin or trump
are houses cheaper under his admin or trump
are groceries cheaper under his admin or trump
did draconian covid measures help your children, business, make any sense at all under dems
did defunding the police and attacking police giving rise to shortages and bail fund programs make sense under dems
is the world safer today or under trump
has biden done anything for the border

every last marker biden has been a total unmitigated disaster. imagine four more years of that guy without a pub house or a manchin

When you have a candidate who will never, ever concede defeat, no matter what, then democracy is indeed at risk. People are not so much worried about the prospect of Trump WINNING as they are of Trump LOSING (AGAIN!) and refusing to acknowledge it, inspiring a reprise of Jan 6.

It's all biden has to run on. he has hte lowest rating in modern history for a reason.
is gas cheaper under his admin or trump
are houses cheaper under his admin or trump
are groceries cheaper under his admin or trump
did draconian covid measures help your children, business, make any sense at all under dems
did defunding the police and attacking police giving rise to shortages and bail fund programs make sense under dems
is the world safer today or under trump
has biden done anything for the border

every last marker biden has been a total unmitigated disaster. imagine four more years of that guy without a pub house or a manchin
That’s all true.

The Democrats justify Biden Bullshit because we must be afraid of the GOP alternatives because that will end the USA is a new way of campaigning for votes. I don’t need to remind smart people what happens when politics, media, business, and education are In simpatico.

When you have a candidate who will never, ever concede defeat, no matter what, then democracy is indeed at risk.
That’s just stupid.
People are not so much worried about the prospect of Trump WINNING as they are of Trump LOSING (AGAIN!) and refusing to acknowledge it, inspiring a reprise of Jan 6.
If that true, people are dumber than I assumed when I wrote the OP.

CO.H. Can you imagine a scenario where Trump would lose and yet admit defeat and that it was a fair election? By his own words, he says he cannot lose, unless he's CHEATED. Is that attitude good for the country? Simple questions, awaiting your answers.

CO.H. Can you imagine a scenario where Trump would lose and yet admit defeat and that it was a fair election? By his own words, he says he cannot lose, unless he's CHEATED. Is that attitude good for the country? Simple questions, awaiting your answers.
You know I criticized often Trumps 2016 post election conduct. Had he taken his lumps he‘d be 30 points ahead today. While I don’t like it, I don’t think it is nearly as bad for the country as Democrats want it to be.

Last edited:

Be afraid of Trump!

State of Fear
The Giver
Brave New World
Watching Fox Business right now. A video of Biden yesterday speaking in front of a crowd in Manassas, VA, most holding up “Defend Choice” signs, is in the background. Abortion and “Trump will destroy democracy” will be the campaign’s themes 24/7.

Shout and shout and shout even louder. Ignore everything else about Biden and the failures of four years. BUT ABORTION!

It’s going to be a looooooooong 9+ months.

He was willing to concede 2020 after a real audit. Your side spent 10s of millions to prevent a forensic audit. After you had illegally changed our voting laws then refused to enforce the constitutional voting laws we had.

He was willing to concede 2020.
There were umpteen legal, certified recounts. He accepted none of them. He filed 60 lawsuits and lost all of them. His lawsuits were so ridiculous that GOP judges blasted his lawyers for wasting their time. Some of his lawyers were stripped of their ability to practice law because of their actions. You seem to deny many basic facts.

There were umpteen legal, certified recounts. He accepted none of them. He filed 60 lawsuits and lost all of them. His lawsuits were so ridiculous that GOP judges blasted his lawyers for wasting their time. Some of his lawyers were stripped of their ability to practice law because of their actions. You seem to deny many basic facts.
Clueless clueless clueless. You have no facts. Here's one: Trump only filed one lawsuit that was in Georgia. One. Georgia officials defied Georgia law and refused to give him a hearing even though they were required to. Trump withdrew that suit after 1/6 as it was then moot.

You know I criticized often Trumps 2016 post election conduct.
Me too. "American carnage," Helsinki, "my button's bigger than yours," frequent public admiration of Putin and other ruthless leaders, ballooning national debt (even before Covid), sharpies, daily lies, insane Covid briefings, etc. His 2020 post election conduct was even worse. Lying that the election was stolen from him. Lying about voter fraud. Defaming and endangering elections workers. Fake electors scheme. "Find 11,781 votes." "Will be Wild!" etc.

Be afraid of Trump!

State of Fear
The Giver
Brave New World
You scare easily.

Be afraid of Trump!

State of Fear
The Giver
Brave New World
That's literally what you guys are saying about Biden. Almost verbatim. Do you guys need to chill the **** out too? Answer is yes.

Day after the election I'll do what I always do regardless of who wins and loses. Wake up and go to work. So will all of you(except the old shrivs who are retired). You won't have a meltdown. No one you know personally will either. Maybe some trumper or wokester will on social media and it will go viral. But you won't actually personally know that person or anyone like them.

If in ran for president my motto would be "go to work and shut up you ****ing pussy. In the grand scheme you don't matter. None of this does."

This thread isn’t about me.
You started a thread about the classic political tactic of instilling fearing in the collective we to gain votes. You are apart of the collective we and started the thread. So yes, it's about you as much as it's about anyone.

You scare easily.

That's literally what you guys are saying about Biden. Almost verbatim. Do you guys need to chill the **** out too? Answer is yes.

Day after the election I'll do what I always do regardless of who wins and loses. Wake up and go to work. So will all of you(except the old shrivs who are retired). You won't have a meltdown. No one you know personally will either. Maybe some trumper or wokester will on social media and it will go viral. But you won't actually personally know that person or anyone like them.

If in ran for president my motto would be "go to work and shut up you ****ing pussy. In the grand scheme you don't matter. None of this does."
The difference is simple. If you don’t like trump don’t watch the news. Don’t follow him on twitter. Biden and these Dems actually impact our lives. The string cheese at the store. The play at school that gets renamed. The carjacker freed to kill. On and on and on

• Haha
Reactions: IU_Hickory and DANC
You started a thread about the classic political tactic of instilling fearing in the collective we to gain votes. You are apart of the collective we and started the thread. So yes, it's about you as much as it's about anyone.

You scare easily.
You don’t get this.

Systematic efforts to instill fear as a campaign persuasion tactic is not the same as an individual being afraid of a crazy senile old man in the Oval Office.

This thread is about the former. The former leads to dystopia, the latter does not.

Reactions: stollcpa and DANC
I have yet to vote for Trump. But my vote hasn't mattered for years. The Democrats and Republicans I grew up with are gone.

I have observed how the new Democrats behaved after Hillary lost, and throughout the Biden administration so far. Their fear-mongering and hateful treatment of their fellow citizens and their McCarthyism and their "all dissent is treason" mindset is every bit as scary as Trump's campaign to challenge and delegitimize the elections and the election process. Neither party is led by folks who truly want elections anymore.

I see street violence as inevitable. The extremes on both ends have been pseudo-empowered (actually and in their own minds) by social media and their "look at my text, post, tweet and like, and forward ... or else" mentality will not change until a cataclysm occurs in their own lives. Only catastrophe will re-unite the shitty place they have turned this nation into.

He was willing to concede 2020 after a real audit. Your side spent 10s of millions to prevent a forensic audit. After you had illegally changed our voting laws then refused to enforce the constitutional voting laws we had.
He may have claimed he would concede after a "forensic audit" (whatever the hell that means), but he was never going to publicly admit defeat. His ego won't let him...

The rest is just Trump talking points with no basis in Fact. I've asked you before to provide an example where "illegally changing our voting laws" occurred and all you provide is crickets. Trump saying it doesn't make it true, and you repeating Trump lies doesn't make it any less stupid or false...

What are you babbling about with your characterization of "consitutional voting laws"? I don't even know what you're whining about, so I'm not sure what I need to debunk.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC

Be afraid of Trump!

State of Fear
The Giver
Brave New World

The only arguments I could make with what you've written here are:

1) Much like the lobster in the cooking pot we aren't on the road TO a dystopia, but instead on the road IN one...most just don't realize it yet.

2) That the politics of fear is a tact exclusive to or even predominantly practiced by one party. Both sides are well practiced at it.

IMHO we've been in a race to the bottom for a good while now...I just hope there are enough pieces left for my grandkids and their generation to build something for themselves out of it.

I have yet to vote for Trump. But my vote hasn't mattered for years. The Democrats and Republicans I grew up with are gone.

I have observed how the new Democrats behaved after Hillary lost, and throughout the Biden administration so far. Their fear-mongering and hateful treatment of their fellow citizens and their McCarthyism and their "all dissent is treason" mindset is every bit as scary as Trump's campaign to challenge and delegitimize the elections and the election process. Neither party is led by folks who truly want elections anymore.

I see street violence as inevitable. The extremes on both ends have been pseudo-empowered (actually and in their own minds) by social media and their "look at my text, post, tweet and like, and forward ... or else" mentality will not change until a cataclysm occurs in their own lives. Only catastrophe will re-unite the shitty place they have turned this nation into.
If the battle turns to the streets you’re welcome to hunker down with the dream team. Like brad Stevens it’s an offer of security not membership. You too are too polite for that

The only arguments I could make with what you've written here are:

1) Much like the lobster in the cooking pot we aren't on the road TO a dystopia, but instead on the road IN one...most just don't realize it yet.

2) That the politics of fear is a tact exclusive to or even predominantly practiced by one party. Both sides are well practiced at it.

IMHO we've been in a race to the bottom for a good while now...I just hope there are enough pieces left for my grandkids and their generation to build something for themselves out of it.
Mostly agree. The problem is becoming more obvious by the day. Both sides of the Trump obsession have accelerated the race to the bottom that predated Trump.

Huh? Do you really wanna deny most of anti-trump is based in fear?
There are rational fears and there are irrational fears. Expecting Trump to not accept an election loss is a rational fear, since a) he did it before; b) he repeatedly assures us that he will do it again.

Reactions: IU_Hickory

I am not going to disagree that such hyperbole is bad. I just wonder why you don't include this in your complaint:

"This is the final battle, they know it. I know it, you know it, and everybody knows it, this is it. Either they win or we win. And if they win, we no longer have a country."

Does Trump "think America is so fragile that our democracy, freedoms, and economy are at stake in this election"?

Reactions: UncleMark
crazy senile old man in the Oval Office.
Which one, the one that blamed Haley for not having the guard called on on Jan 6? Or maybe the one that said "We have become a drug-infested, crime-ridden nation, which is incapable of solving even the 'solllest'... smallest problem. The simplest of problems we can no longer solve. We can't do anything. We are an institute in a powerful death penalty. We will put this on."

We are an institute in a powerful death penalty. We will put this on.

We have TWO people running that shouldn't be. Somehow you keep missing that.

In the ancient days, the Democratic Party and the Republican Party would be allowed to die like the Whigs and Federalists. But we've codified them into law so they can't go away. And the result is TWO men that shouldn't be elected.

I get you like Trump's policies more than Biden's. As wrong as that might be, you are entirely entitled to that opinion. But to say Biden is too inflammatory or is too senile while totally ignoring the EXACT same symptoms in Trump, well, that dog just won't hunt.

Which one, the one that blamed Haley for not having the guard called on on Jan 6? Or maybe the one that said "We have become a drug-infested, crime-ridden nation, which is incapable of solving even the 'solllest'... smallest problem. The simplest of problems we can no longer solve. We can't do anything. We are an institute in a powerful death penalty. We will put this on."

We are an institute in a powerful death penalty. We will put this on.

We have TWO people running that shouldn't be. Somehow you keep missing that.

In the ancient days, the Democratic Party and the Republican Party would be allowed to die like the Whigs and Federalists. But we've codified them into law so they can't go away. And the result is TWO men that shouldn't be elected.

I get you like Trump's policies more than Biden's. As wrong as that might be, you are entirely entitled to that opinion. But to say Biden is too inflammatory or is too senile while totally ignoring the EXACT same symptoms in Trump, well, that dog just won't hunt.
Total bullshit really. They both should be subjected to independent medical examinations …. then institutionalized.

We’ll start fresh

Okay you’re in on the beef stew. Based on hooky’s pic the dream team gave up on fashion years ago. As for hockey I saw the oilers have won 14 straight. Madness
Should we stock up on these? I’m sure you have one. Comfy? They might come in handy for carrying around ammo in our post apocalypse.

Based on hooky’s pic the dream team gave up on fashion years ago.
JSNigsR.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT