ADVERTISEMENT

The road to dystopia?

Which one, the one that blamed Haley for not having the guard called on on Jan 6? Or maybe the one that said "We have become a drug-infested, crime-ridden nation, which is incapable of solving even the 'solllest'... smallest problem. The simplest of problems we can no longer solve. We can't do anything. We are an institute in a powerful death penalty. We will put this on."

We are an institute in a powerful death penalty. We will put this on.

We have TWO people running that shouldn't be. Somehow you keep missing that.

In the ancient days, the Democratic Party and the Republican Party would be allowed to die like the Whigs and Federalists. But we've codified them into law so they can't go away. And the result is TWO men that shouldn't be elected.

I get you like Trump's policies more than Biden's. As wrong as that might be, you are entirely entitled to that opinion. But to say Biden is too inflammatory or is too senile while totally ignoring the EXACT same symptoms in Trump, well, that dog just won't hunt.
I’ll play the hijack for one reply.

Trump had energy, the border, and Iran under control. Biden reversed all of it. The consequences are expensive, chaotic dangerous, and cost lives. There is no equivalence.

• Haha
Reactions: IU_Hickory and DANC
I’ll play the hijack for one reply.

Trump had energy, the border, and Iran under control. Biden reversed all of it. The consequences are expensive, chaotic dangerous, and cost lives. There is no equivalence.

Like I said, argue policy. But to argue one is senile and the other is a flat-out lie. to argue Biden's quote is overly melodramatic and Trump's isn't is a flat-out lie.

For some of us, Putin banking on Trump winning the election so Trump will give him Ukraine is a cause for concern.

When you have a candidate who will never, ever concede defeat, no matter what, then democracy is indeed at risk. People are not so much worried about the prospect of Trump WINNING as they are of Trump LOSING (AGAIN!) and refusing to acknowledge it, inspiring a reprise of Jan 6.
WTF are you talking about? Are you this easily moved by fear-mongering progressive talking points?

Trump left the White House. On time. The rest is fantastical hysteria in your mind.

I am not going to disagree that such hyperbole is bad. I just wonder why you don't include this in your complaint:

"This is the final battle, they know it. I know it, you know it, and everybody knows it, this is it. Either they win or we win. And if they win, we no longer have a country."

Does Trump "think America is so fragile that our democracy, freedoms, and economy are at stake in this election"?
This is the correct take. Both campaigns should be utterly ashamed of themselves. The Democrats have just as much to blame for the divisiveness as Trump does.

This is the correct take. Both campaigns should be utterly ashamed of themselves. The Democrats have just as much to blame for the divisiveness as Trump does.
I heard Smerconish over the weekend who was suggesting we need 4 moderate and independent Senators. If we had 4, both parties would have to beg them for support and the hold the radicals have would be broken. I think that is accurate, so long as neither party has a majority without those 4. If it were 48-48-4, I think things would improve dramatically.

I don't even know how to help the House, maybe abolish it, fumigate, and rebuild it with rules that eliminate seniority. Or just abolish it and move on.

I want candidates who genuinely want to work across the aisle and build coalitions. At one time we had liberal Republicans and conservative Democrats. That allowed party members to reach across the aisle to their ideological brethren. Now all we have is warfare, there is no commonality on the other side.

WTF are you talking about? Are you this easily moved by fear-mongering progressive talking points?

Trump left the White House. On time. The rest is fantastical hysteria in your mind.
You’ve been gone. Jan 6 is like Groundhog Day for some posters and if trump is elected it’s the greatest threat to civilization in history and he will never ever leave office , despite having already left office voluntarily and being 80 yrs old.

In the meantime actual threats to the cities and border and woke bs are of no moment

There were umpteen legal, certified recounts. He accepted none of them. He filed 60 lawsuits and lost all of them. His lawsuits were so ridiculous that GOP judges blasted his lawyers for wasting their time. Some of his lawyers were stripped of their ability to practice law because of their actions. You seem to deny many basic facts.
None of those were lost. Idiot. They weren't even heard.

I am not going to disagree that such hyperbole is bad. I just wonder why you don't include this in your complaint:

"This is the final battle, they know it. I know it, you know it, and everybody knows it, this is it. Either they win or we win. And if they win, we no longer have a country."

Does Trump "think America is so fragile that our democracy, freedoms, and economy are at stake in this election"?
When there are real efforts to deny participation in an election, yes, democracy is at stake - and it's not because of Trump.

Economy? The interest payments on our national debt is more than our Defense budget.

Freedoms? Like the FBI infiltrating places of worship and going after Catholics? Or sic'ing the IRS on conservative groups?

I don't think you realize how far down that road we already are.

• Haha
Reactions: IU_Hickory
When there are real efforts to deny participation in an election, yes, democracy is at stake - and it's not because of Trump.

Economy? The interest payments on our national debt is more than our Defense budget.

Freedoms? Like the FBI infiltrating places of worship and going after Catholics? Or sic'ing the IRS on conservative groups?

I don't think you realize how far down that road we already are.
Better not go to Cabela’s or Dick’s. They’ve got you on their list, now. You might have looked at, or - gasp, even bought a gun.

Last edited:
JSNigsR.jpg
Living in Carmel, you are automatically excluded.

But you won't be on the kill list, either.

The scariest statement coming out of the New Hampshire Primary was this prepared statement from the President of the United Stares

It is now clear that Donald Trump will be the Republican nominee. And my message to the country is the stakes could not be higher. Our Democracy. Our personal freedoms — from the right to choose to the right to vote. Our economy — which has seen the strongest recovery in the world since COVID. All are at stake,”​
Really? Does Biden think America is so fragile that our democracy, freedoms, and economy are at stake in this election? My answer Not on your life you stupid senile old man. Sadly millions of voters have come to believe this is true. Many of whom are smart and articulate posters whom I enjoy reading.

Fear is the ultimate mind control. Fear is all we get from politicians these days. But we get it worse from the Democratic left. The democrats, with an important assist from the media, have managed to focus all of our anxieties and fears on TRUMP, like focusing sunlight with a magnifying glass. Because of horrible policy and worse ad hoc decisions from the Biden Administration, we are in bad shape with everything, including spending, border, immigration, energy, Middle East conflict, race, transportation, and more. None of these issues are part of the 2024 campaign. Instead we get a diet of democracy at stake and be afraid of TRUMP and his “extreme MAGA“ cohorts. We no longer have serious discussions Between democrats and republicans. Instead, because of media and politics, we are fed a diet of stay the horrible course Biden has us on, or burn the f*cker down by voting for Republicans. .

Be afraid of Trump!

The road to dystopia is described in these novels, and we are on it.

State of Fear
The Giver
Brave New World

Democracies die all the time. Hell most Latin and South American countries have literally copied our system, down to the letter in their constitutions and have seen their democracy perish (Chile, Peru, Venezuela and Argentina multiple times).

What killed them was they elected a demagogue who frayed the needed trust in the 'system' and in the respect of their political rival.

What's most important in a healthy democracy are the unwritten rules and the forbearance used to allow for each check and balance to work.

It's like playing pick up basketball. How does that work with no referee? Both teams understand the rules (play by one, must win by two, hit it you get it back, each possession is 'checked' by the opponent to start and fouls are only called when it's obvious....no blood no foul). Every now and then you get a dude who calls fouls on every play and the game unravels and falls apart.

Now we've always had big ego demagogues before....Henry Ford, Huey Long, Father Coughlin, Joe McCarthy, George Wallace but they've never gotten full executive power dispute their popularity because of party gatekeeping.

This time the Republican party has failed and as you can see, the populous demagogue now owns you.

Predictably if you don't fall in line with the demagogue you are an enemy to him and cast out.

The demagogue also predictably frames his opponent not as a rival, but to an evil, enemy that can't be reasoned or bargained with, they must be eradicated.

A healthy democracy needs two viable parties you push and pull each other, see each as rivals but not enemies.

So yeah, doesn't matter if Trump wins or loses... he's a demagogue. He's going to rip everything that holds a democracy together into shreds. He already has to be honest.

yeah and along with their sports equipment they've partnered less with companies and started branding/manufacturing their own DSG label gear - cheap shit
Yeah that's the way of all these retailers who are trying to somehow differentiate themselves and hit lower price points. We had an Academy go in here and their BCG clothing brand is like that.

Rural King has private label bottled water, and they sell the crap out of it.

Yeah that's the way of all these retailers who are trying to somehow differentiate themselves and hit lower price points. We had an Academy go in here and their BCG clothing brand is like that.

Rural King has private label bottled water, and they sell the crap out of it.
That's because their free popcorn is salty as hell. lol

I love Rural King. It's like Disneyland for Dream Teamers.

I want to see this place? It’s not a chain? Rural King lol. Great name
Oh yeah, it's a chain. I think there's another one - Quality Farm and Fleet - that's like it. There used to be one in Noblesville - not sure if it's still there.

I love Rural King because they have baby chicks that were just hatched that you can buy. Probably some other animals, but I haven't been there in a while. But I think there's one close to our condo in Florida.

Full range of weaponry and ammo and all the Carhart shit you can need.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
The scariest statement coming out of the New Hampshire Primary was this prepared statement from the President of the United Stares

It is now clear that Donald Trump will be the Republican nominee. And my message to the country is the stakes could not be higher. Our Democracy. Our personal freedoms — from the right to choose to the right to vote. Our economy — which has seen the strongest recovery in the world since COVID. All are at stake,”​
Really? Does Biden think America is so fragile that our democracy, freedoms, and economy are at stake in this election? My answer Not on your life you stupid senile old man. Sadly millions of voters have come to believe this is true. Many of whom are smart and articulate posters whom I enjoy reading.

Fear is the ultimate mind control. Fear is all we get from politicians these days. But we get it worse from the Democratic left. The democrats, with an important assist from the media, have managed to focus all of our anxieties and fears on TRUMP, like focusing sunlight with a magnifying glass. Because of horrible policy and worse ad hoc decisions from the Biden Administration, we are in bad shape with everything, including spending, border, immigration, energy, Middle East conflict, race, transportation, and more. None of these issues are part of the 2024 campaign. Instead we get a diet of democracy at stake and be afraid of TRUMP and his “extreme MAGA“ cohorts. We no longer have serious discussions Between democrats and republicans. Instead, because of media and politics, we are fed a diet of stay the horrible course Biden has us on, or burn the f*cker down by voting for Republicans. .

Be afraid of Trump!

The road to dystopia is described in these novels, and we are on it.

State of Fear
The Giver
Brave New World
You are entitle to your beliefs, trump said in his own words. He wants revenge. Biden inspite his age has done well ,the country is improving inspite of the GOP,who want to take away my freedoms and my rights as a citizen. Yes as a black man. I'm very afraid of trump and the GOP. Anyone who ants to erase my history . I'M very afraid.

Oh yeah, it's a chain. I think there's another one - Quality Farm and Fleet - that's like it. There used to be one in Noblesville - not sure if it's still there.

I love Rural King because they have baby chicks that were just hatched that you can buy. Probably some other animals, but I haven't been there in a while. But I think there's one close to our condo in Florida.

Gun safes and gold bars we’re set

Reactions: DANC

I see there’s one in collinsville Illinois. Not far

Reactions: DANC
135 stores and growing. Based in Mattoon Illinois, home of the original Burger King, which is a great story in and of itself. They sell french fries by the pound and sued the other Burger King and won.

my history
Your history starts the day you were born.

The history of the United States is all of our history. You don’t own it. And your skin color or my skin color has nothing to do with it. Attitudes like ”my history” is why we can’t get meaningful progress on race relations. “My history” also led to the unspeakable 10/7 savagery.

• Sad
Reactions: Willdog7
I heard Smerconish over the weekend who was suggesting we need 4 moderate and independent Senators. If we had 4, both parties would have to beg them for support and the hold the radicals have would be broken. I think that is accurate, so long as neither party has a majority without those 4. If it were 48-48-4, I think things would improve dramatically.

I don't even know how to help the House, maybe abolish it, fumigate, and rebuild it with rules that eliminate seniority. Or just abolish it and move on.

I want candidates who genuinely want to work across the aisle and build coalitions. At one time we had liberal Republicans and conservative Democrats. That allowed party members to reach across the aisle to their ideological brethren. Now all we have is warfare, there is no commonality on the other side.
Hear hear.

Reactions: Marvin the Martian
How much do you want them to spend? The government has grown by 20-25% since Reagan. Sure they pretend to not like each and celebrate minor cuts like they accomplished something. But the reality is both parties still come together to make sure the spending continues. I wish both parties really did hate each other and wouldn’t work together.

Your history starts the day you were born.

The history of the United States is all of our history. You don’t own it. And your skin color or my skin color has nothing to do with it. Attitudes like ”my history” is why we can’t get meaningful progress on race relations. “My history” also led to the unspeakable 10/7 savagery.
Atleast your books are not banned or your history is being taken away from you with this sanitized version. All men are not equal.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT