ADVERTISEMENT

The stumbling bumbling old man defense

Being useless at trial doesn’t make someone incompetent to stand trial. Nor does having a faulty memory, as far as I know.* And by the way, he could be useful at trial acting all avuncular and confused. Jury would eat that up (until he sniffed one of the juror’s daughter’s hair).

Serious question: ever watch a run of the mill criminal trial or sit through a criminal cattle call, like bond hearings? Most are the dumbest of the dumb. They don’t “help” in the slightest.

The question: can he understand charges against him for taking documents? As in, he can understand what the words of the charge mean, what the process entails, and the consequences, knows he’s in danger of going to jail. That’s just about it. (I’ve had experience with this with a pro bono assignment for a guy found incompetent to stand trial and held in a mental-health facility for years. Sovereign citizen/ Nation of Islam type. Dude would lecture me about it for 20 minutes at a time on phone calls.)

I’ve sat through a ton. It’s not just the understanding of charges etc it’s to be able to participate in the defense and memory and recollection is a vital part of the psych evaluation. His is toast. Last week he was getting kohl all screwed up in Germany on top of the public messes etc. the prosecutor characterized his limitations as significant

On the plaintiff side you’d need a next friend. You couldn’t let a guy with a memory like that run wild to his detriment
Read that article I added to my post. It’s really, really difficult to get a finding of incompetence for a criminal trial.

If Biden couldn’t remember that he was VP, you could win. But not based on him not being able to recall the dates.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Read that article I added to my post. It’s really, really difficult to get a finding of incompetence for a criminal trial.

If Biden couldn’t remember that he was VP, you could win. But not based on him not being able to recall the dates.
Juries don't follow the law anymore. They follow their heart.

Reactions: DANC
Being useless at trial doesn’t make someone incompetent to stand trial. Nor does having a faulty memory, as far as I know.* And by the way, he could be useful at trial acting all avuncular and confused. Jury would eat that up (until he sniffed one of the juror’s daughter’s hair).

Serious question: ever watch a run of the mill criminal trial or sit through a criminal cattle call, like bond hearings? Most are the dumbest of the dumb. They don’t “help” in the slightest.

The question: can he understand charges against him for taking documents? As in, he can understand what the words of the charge mean, what the process entails, and the consequences, knows he’s in danger of going to jail. That’s just about it. (I’ve had experience with this with a pro bono assignment for a guy found incompetent to stand trial and held in a mental-health facility for years. Sovereign citizen/ Nation of Islam type. Dude would lecture me about it for 20 minutes at a time on phone calls.)

*ETA: literal amnesiacs are made to stand trial.

“ In Jackson, the psychiatrist testified that the defendant lost his memory pertaining to his crime and that this memory loss was permanent and genuine.36 According to the psychiatrist, although the defendant could communicate with his attorney normally, because of his amnesia, the defendant remained highly suggestible.37 For instance, the defendant constantly changed the facts of his story because of his amnesia.38 Noting that its state constitution uses the same test for competency as the federal constitution, the Texas court looked to Wilson for guidance.39 However, the court ultimately refused to give legal significance to the defendant's condition. Despite the evidence of amnesia, the court distinguished the inability to recall the events of the crime from a ‘mental incapacity to stand trial’.40 In arriving at this decision, the court relied on the overwhelming objective evidence establishing the defendant's actions.41 The court found that because the defendant could reconstruct the facts of the crime from this evidence, the proceeding constituted a fair trial.4
20 minutes at a time? Sounds like an easy $500 to me!

20 minutes at a time? Sounds like an easy $500 to me!
You missed the pro bono part. I had to start asking the institution he was in to cut off his phone calls with me. He could talk for ten minutes straight, blazing fast, with no stoppage. Ten solid minutes. Take a 15 second break, I’d be halfway through explaining I had to get off the phone, and boom, another 10 minute soliloquy.

You missed the pro bono part. I had to start asking the institution he was in to cut off his phone calls with me. He could talk for ten minutes straight, blazing fast, with no stoppage. Ten solid minutes. Take a 15 second break, I’d be halfway explaining I had to get off the phone, and boom, another 10 minute soliloquy.
I did miss that. Damn - 4 years of high school Latin down the drain.

• Haha
Reactions: BradStevens
Serious question: Many of the commentators I've read (mostly lefties, of course) have said that the characterizations of Biden's faculties were totally out of line and while they may have had a bearing on the charging decision, that standard practice is for that sort of thing to be kept internally and shouldn't have been released publicly. Some have claimed that Garland would have been justified in having them removed; others have said they violate ABA standards. Your take?
Garland having it removed would play into the false narrative that the AG is controlling the Special Councils.

I don't think it was to get him out of office now. Even if it was, it's impossible to get enough Ds to go along with it.

But taking him out of the race? I could definitely see that happening.

But here's what I don't get. You posted: ""In addition to this shortage of evidence, there are other innocent explanations for the documents that we cannot refute. When Mr. Biden told his ghostwriter he "just found all the classified stuff downstairs," he could have been referring to something other than the Afghanistan documents, and our report discusses these possibilities in detail."

Shortage of evidence? He admitted he took the docs and he KNEW it was against the law.

And so what if he can't prove it was 'something other than the Afghanistan documents'? THOSE WERE STILL CLASSIFIED.

'other innocent explanations'? WTF?
Hypocrite.

You would put him on the stand? I’m not calling you if I’m guilty.

The guy doesn’t even know when he was Vice-President. It was 9 ****ing years ago. What the f#ck are we doing? How in the f#ck is anyone going to vote for an 82 year old man who can’t recall when he was the Vice-President? You can’t make this shit up. We have the dumbest voting electorate.
Yes we do. Those voting to nominate Trump are the dumbest of all. A diminishing Biden couldn’t beat anyone else.

Christ. *

He was just elected a Senator by a blue collar Democratic Party.

*yes, intentional
Blue collar isn’t the problem. It’s the white liberal college elites. The Democrats are getting pummeled by pro-Palestine demonstrators and rioters now. Can you imagine what nominating a Jew would do?

Last edited:
Yes we do. Those voting to nominate Trump are the dumbest of all. A diminishing Biden couldn’t beat anyone else.
Sorry Aloha. I just can’t agree here. Trump might be the worst person to be elected president. But Biden is the worst president ever. If all we consider is job performance, Biden can’t carry Trump’s diapers.

Reactions: DANC and jet812

*ETA: literal amnesiacs are made to stand trial.

“ In Jackson, the psychiatrist testified that the defendant lost his memory pertaining to his crime and that this memory loss was permanent and genuine.36 According to the psychiatrist, although the defendant could communicate with his attorney normally, because of his amnesia, the defendant remained highly suggestible.37 For instance, the defendant constantly changed the facts of his story because of his amnesia.38 Noting that its state constitution uses the same test for competency as the federal constitution, the Texas court looked to Wilson for guidance.39 However, the court ultimately refused to give legal significance to the defendant's condition. Despite the evidence of amnesia, the court distinguished the inability to recall the events of the crime from a ‘mental incapacity to stand trial’.40 In arriving at this decision, the court relied on the overwhelming objective evidence establishing the defendant's actions.41 The court found that because the defendant could reconstruct the facts of the crime from this evidence, the proceeding constituted a fair trial.4
I don’t think a one size fits all standard applies. We aren’t talking about defending a guy who stuck-up a 7--11 8 months ago. Biden’s crime occurred decades ago and continued over a number of years. He bragged about keeping the docs in a locked garage and gave them the same security as his corvette. I don’t think Biden is capable of independent living. I don’t think he could manage his own affairs and he certainly shouldnt be making important decisions on his own. The only reason he can function as POTUS is because he receives billions of dollars in support from thousands of people. As a criminal defendant he is on his own.

Reactions: DANC and jet812
Sorry Aloha. I just can’t agree here. Trump might be the worst person to be elected president. But Biden is the worst president ever. If all we consider is job performance, Biden can’t carry Trump’s diapers.
I know we don’t agree. I’m a Reagan Republican and Trump is as far from that as Obama was.

You need to teach me about etfs
ETFs are similar to index funds, but can bought like individual stocks. The Bitcoin spot ETFs are backed by actual Bitcoin. For example 1755ish shares of IBIT (Blackrocks Bitcoin ETF) equals one actual Bitcoin they have to go purchase. A huge increase in demand for a finite asset is happening. It’s made it very easy for institutions and retirement accounts to purchase Bitcoin. Blackrock and Fidelity manage close to 20 trillion dollars in assets between the two of them.

Also, you’re going to start seeing ETFs that hold a percentage of Bitcoin in them for people who want less volatility or still scared of Bitcoin. We’ll call them non believers. However, if ETF A (no Bitcoin) is returning 7% and ETF B (10% Bitcoin) is returning 9%, what do you think random 70 year old person wants? Eventually greed and FOMO kicks in.

Lastly, it’s why I always say everything is going to zero against Bitcoin. It doesn’t mean everything will go to actual 0 dollars. It means everything is going to continue to lose 99% of their value versus Bitcoin. Once you understand that, welcome to the team 😁

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Ty Webb iu
Serious answer. Yes! Most week days I catch at least one episode of Judge Judy or Judge Joe Brown. All I have to say is f#ck around and find out! Judge Judy might be small in stature, but don’t cross her 😳

Last edited:
  • Haha

CoH, usually you cite Trump's policies as a measurement in ranking his presidency.

In this post, you talk about job performance. Interpret this as meaning how he performs the job of being president as compared to other presidents.

Compared to other presidents, in my opinion, he is the most self centered blowhard and obnoxious president in my lifetime which started with FDR.

The worst part is that Trump exemplifies the divisive dystopia which our country now finds itself.

ETFs are similar to index funds, but can bought like individual stocks. The Bitcoin spot ETFs are backed by actual Bitcoin. For example 1755ish shares of IBIT (Blackrocks Bitcoin ETF) equals one actual Bitcoin they have to go purchase. A huge increase in demand for a finite asset is happening. It’s made it very easy for institutions and retirement accounts to purchase Bitcoin. Blackrock and Fidelity manage close to 20 trillion dollars in assets between the two of them.

Also, you’re going to start seeing ETFs that hold a percentage of Bitcoin in them for people who want less volatility or still scared of Bitcoin. We’ll call them non believers. However, if ETF A (no Bitcoin) is returning 7% and ETF B (10% Bitcoin) is returning 9%, what do you think random 70 year old person wants? Eventually greed and FOMO kicks in.

Lastly, it’s why I always say everything is going to zero against Bitcoin. It doesn’t mean everything will go to actual 0 dollars. It means everything is going to continue to lose 99% of their value versus Bitcoin. Once you understand that, welcome to the team 😁
In other words. We’d be fools not to back this WINNER

CoH, usually you cite Trump's policies as a measurement in ranking his presidency.

In this post, you talk about job performance. Interpret this as meaning how he performs the job of being president as compared to other presidents.

Compared to other presidents, in my opinion, he is the most self centered blowhard and obnoxious president in my lifetime which started with FDR.

The worst part is that Trump exemplifies the divisive dystopia which our country now finds itself.
Trump has made the right calls on many important issues including the border, energy, tax reform, Israel, Iran and more less impactful issues. But yeah, he talks about each of those in a blowhardy fashion.

Reactions: jet812
Trump has made the right calls on many important issues including the border, energy, tax reform, Israel, Iran and more less impactful issues. But yeah, he talks about each of those in a blowhardy fashion.
Trump is a typical New Yorker. Most are blowhards.

Last edited:
@Univee2

We need to turn this over to the kangaroo court.
The Court is taking a recess. In the middle of waxing my car.

But, we put it on the rocket docket.

Fine of $20.00 for early senility and failure to come home to his ultimate job, while remaining in Beantown.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Hm. Trump surely isn’t close to Reagan in terms of like ability. But I think he was successful with policies Reagan would support.
Reagan never disrespected and denigrated the military and the FBI. Trump did both. Reagan never disrespected and denigrated other Republicans. Trump does it constantly. Reagan didn’t demand loyalty to himself, he demanded it for the constitution and the country. Trump is the opposite. I could go on and on. Trump is further from Reagan-like than Chuck Schumer.

Reactions: UncleMark
Reagan never disrespected and denigrated the military and the FBI. Trump did both. Reagan never disrespected and denigrated other Republicans. Trump does it constantly. Reagan didn’t demand loyalty to himself, he demanded it for the constitution and the country. Trump is the opposite. I could go on and on. Trump is further from Reagan-like than Chuck Schumer.
We know all of those things hurt your feelings. Care to compare policy, Executive Orders, etc?

We know all of those things hurt your feelings. Care to compare policy, Executive Orders, etc?
Those aren’t about feelings. They’re harmful to the country and my party. Which policies do you think were Reagan-like?

Those aren’t about feelings. They’re harmful to the country and my party. Which policies do you think were Reagan-like?
You won’t do it, just as I thought. I didn’t claim his policies were Reagan like, I asked you to compare them, which would require you to consider something other than your feelings towards TRUMP.

You won’t do it, just as I thought. I didn’t claim his policies were Reagan like, I asked you to compare them, which would require you to consider something other than your feelings towards TRUMP.
No, no, no. The claim has been made that Reagan would like Trump policies. You seem to think the same so you must have some in mind. Bring it. Executive Orders too. You can't do it, can you? If you're a Reagan Republican, you'd be ashamed of most all of what Trump has done. Even beyond the gross incivility.

No, no, no. The claim has been made that Reagan would like Trump policies. You seem to think the same so you must have some in mind. Bring it. Executive Orders too. You can't do it, can you? If you're a Reagan Republican, you'd be ashamed of most all of what Trump has done. Even beyond the gross incivility.
Not by me. Do you know anything about Trump policy or is it just about feelings & mean tweets? If you don’t care about policy just say so, but then don’t claim he’s nothing like Reagan, at least where it matters. I’m too young to be a Reagan Republican, so teach me what was great about his vs Trump policies & it should go beyond his ability to tap into your feelings with shining city on a hill speeches.

Not by me. Do you know anything about Trump policy or is it just about feelings & mean tweets? If you don’t care about policy just say so, but then don’t claim he’s nothing like Reagan, at least where it matters. I’m too young to be a Reagan Republican, so teach me what was great about his vs Trump policies & it should go beyond his ability to tap into your feelings with shining city on a hill speeches.
Yes, I'm pretty certain I know more about his policy than most here know. If you think I dislike Trump solely because he's a lying and uncivil SOB that has screwed up our politics, you'd be wrong. That's the crap flavored icing on the vomit flavored cake. And stop with the mean tweets stuff. It's not about mean tweets - though of course a normal President wouldn't be doing that either.

You brought up Trump policies and EOs. List some you think are great and I'll happily explain why it's Reagan-like or not.

Reactions: Hank Reardon
Yes, I'm pretty certain I know more about his policy than most here know. If you think I dislike Trump solely because he's a lying and uncivil SOB that has screwed up our politics, you'd be wrong. That's the crap flavored icing on the vomit flavored cake.

You brought up Trump policies and EOs. List some you think are great and I'll happily explain why it's Reagan-like or not.
You have the knowledge, I don’t, so please share…

You have the knowledge, I don’t, so please share…
I'm waiting for you to tell me the policies and EOs you like. Until you give me some, you're not getting anything from me. Give me some and you'll get a response.

I'm waiting for you to tell me the policies and EOs you like. Until you give me some, you're not getting anything from me. Give me some and you'll get a response.
I just told you I don’t know, apparently you don’t either. I’ll assume it’s about the feels then.🤷‍♂️

Edit: I’m just asking questions, you claim to have the knowledge, teach me something. Bet you won’t because you’d be forced to judge Trump on his actions while in office, not his words.

I just told you I don’t know, apparently you don’t either. I’ll assume it’s about the feels then.🤷‍♂️

Edit: I’m just asking questions, you claim to have the knowledge, teach me something. Bet you won’t because you’d be forced to judge Trump on his actions while in office, not his words.
I've judged him on everything. You've apparently judged him on nothing. You must have a few policies in mind and I'll be happy to tell you what's Reagan-like or not about them. Until then, we're done.

• Haha
Reactions: jet812
I've judged him on everything. You've apparently judged him on nothing. You must have a few policies in mind and I'll be happy to tell you what's Reagan-like or not about them. Until then, we're done.
You’re done alright…

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT