ADVERTISEMENT

Doing the opposite of Trump has consequences

Your party is driven by a cult of personality. A cult of personality. Personality: 1. The combination of characteristics or qualities that form an individual's distinctive character. 2. a famous person. Breaking news, Coh. You can't discuss a cult of personality without discussing the personality. They're inextricably intertwined.

So if Haley is Trump the Second, but without the baggage, bluster, bullshit and legal entanglements, why isn't she getting more traction? I'll tell you why. She doesn't have that cult following that Trump enjoys. Sad you can't comprehend that.
Actually, the opposition to “my party” is driven by a cult of personality nit the other way around.

Trump will imprison his opponents and the media, he will go full Hitler, he will exterminate gays, he will become a dictator. You guys are nucking futs,

Conservative pundit Tucker Carlson said he would oppose former President Trump in the 2024 election if he were to choose Nikki Haley, Trump’s former ambassador to the United Nations, as a vice presidential running mate.
“I would not only not vote for that ticket, I would advocate against it as strongly as I could,” Carlson said this week during an interview with conservative media personality Tim Pool.
“That’s just poison,” Carlson added, blasting Haley as “not left, but … neoliberal in the darkest, most … nihilistic way” and saying she “has no real popular support.”
Carlson called Haley a “creature of the oligarchs” and said her joining Trump’s campaign “would be reason to oppose the ticket.”

Looks like Haley is over the target.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Then take the bet. I'll be happy to post the screenshots if you're willing to put something on the line for it. Tell you what, if you agree to the bet, and I don't deliver, I'll delete my account.
I already said I don't trust you to not make something up.

Just do it. What's the big deal? Are you afraid others will see how petty you really are?

What's the big deal about deleting your account? You'd just use one of your other IDs.

This may sound crazy but I'm convinced a majority (and probably an overwhelming majority) of MAGA Republicans would prefer four more years of Biden to Haley winning the nomination and the presidency. Haley in the White House would mean a Republican repudiation of Trump and a return to Republican presidents of the past who actually presented a positive message and vision for the country. You know, something very different from The Con's "American Carnage" messaging. In addition, she was the UN Ambassador and is, accordingly, a "globalist." Oh the humanity!

Trump, they think, is all the wonderful things she's not: 1) an "outsider" (even though he's now been a politician for many years, was in the White House for four years, and did nothing to "drain the swamp" but rather made it much swampier with his corruption, criminality and grifting); 2) he's not part of the elite (even though he was born with a silver spoon in his mouth, never got his hands dirty, attended the Wharton School thanks to Fred's money and influence and the smarts of someone who was paid to take the SAT for young Donny, and he later inherited a fortune); and 3) he's a guy who "tells it like it is" (ignoring the fact that he rarely tells the truth). And she simply wouldn't be able to "own the libs" like Trump does. Damn, that's a disqualifier right there.

Four more years of Biden allows MAGA to keep playing the Trump card which means more false claims, conspiracy theories, victimhood and everything else Trump and his followers embrace. Honestly, I believe in their minds that's a better outcome than a Haley White House.

Finally, I'm now of the belief that, notwithstanding a possible upset in New Hampshire, she has little chance at the nomination. New Hampshire still has moderate Republicans and elements (maybe "vestiges" is a better word) of the old Republican Party. In almost every other state, the Republicans are all in on Trump. I think she'll suspend her campaign after South Carolina, and it'll be Biden versus the felon in Nov 2024.
you were all in on her you thought everyone thought like you.

No worries. He's not going to take the bait. He might be an ass, but he isn't an idiot.
You need to change your avatar pic:

Josh Brolin Movie GIF by MolaTV

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
Why? You've already made it clear you'll just accuse me of fabricating it. So no, you want to see something, you pay for it.
Of course you can't convince me. But others are more trusting.

Go ahead and post it and show how wrong I am.

Look, DBM knows what he has to do to come back. You keep on your fake crusade all you want, but I've spent enough of what little reputation I have on this little back and forth, so I'm done.
I'm in contact with dbm via the DM feature on this site. He says he has never received anything from you, and I believe him, based on my experience when you said I had been notified when I'd been banned and I received no notice.

Whether there's a glitch on your end or his end, I don't know. All I've asked for is an explanation of why he was banned - what rule was broken. He suggested you post a screenshot of your note to him, which is why I asked for it.

So far, there has been nothing unreasonable from our end. But you are either too embarrassed or cannot provide the first iota of proof or reason why he was banned.

I wouldn't worry about your reputation, at this poing - it isn't going any lower.

I'm in contact with dbm via the DM feature on this site. He says he has never received anything from you, and I believe him, based on my experience when you said I had been notified when I'd been banned and I received no notice.

Whether there's a glitch on your end or his end, I don't know. All I've asked for is an explanation of why he was banned - what rule was broken. He suggested you post a screenshot of your note to him, which is why I asked for it.

So far, there has been nothing unreasonable from our end. But you are either too embarrassed or cannot provide the first iota of proof or reason why he was banned.

I wouldn't worry about your reputation, at this poing - it isn't going any lower.
You know what? I'm going to throw you a bone so you can help DBM sort this. Watch your notifications.

Actually, the opposition to “my party” is driven by a cult of personality nit the other way around.
Funny how Trump himself said he was a cult of personality. Not only did he say it, his cult accepted it and stayed aboard. Their motto, thank you sir may I have another.

"I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody, and I wouldn't lose any voters, OK?" Is an insult to them and their support of him, but they don't care.

Interesting Trump saw the cult and you didn't.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and zeke4ahs
We’ve had this conversation a zillion times. We don’t need to have it in every single thread because you are obsessed about an issue that impacts a tiny percentage of people.
Might be difficult arriving at a percentage if a “Zillion” is involved.

"Zillion" is an informal word used to represent an extremely large, undefined number. It is not a recognized or standard numerical term like "million," "billion," or "trillion".

Reactions: DANC
Really? You take this nonsense seriously and then deny Trump opposition is driven by the cult of personality?

What nonsense HE FREAKING SAID IT. He insulted the intelligence of his own people and they don't care and you say that isn't a sign of cult of personality.

You really think he told a joke by insulting HIS OWN FOLLOWERS by calling them sycophants? Or maybe what makes it a joke is there is more than a grain of truth to it.

God, if Biden said anything close to that you would have your 4 millionth post on it by now.

Years ago when Israel was in another skirmish with the Palestinians, Rock and I disagreed on the Israeli response. I told Rock, if someone says something like the Palestinians saying they wanted to destroy Israel, Israel has no choice but to believe them. Well, the same holds true with Trump. Imagine if I came here after every time Biden says something wrong and claimed it was no more than a joke? You wouldn't let me get away with that crap, and I'm not about to let you have that privilege either (or you can just shut the hell up about Biden's "jokes"). Have it one way or the other, I don't care. But it sure aint going to be Co's way on both.

Reactions: UncleMark
Might be difficult arriving at a percentage if a “Zillion” is involved.

"Zillion" is an informal word used to represent an extremely large, undefined number. It is not a recognized or standard numerical term like "million," "billion," or "trillion".
Thanks.

What nonsense HE FREAKING SAID IT. He insulted the intelligence of his own people and they don't care and you say that isn't a sign of cult of personality.

You really think he told a joke by insulting HIS OWN FOLLOWERS by calling them sycophants? Or maybe what makes it a joke is there is more than a grain of truth to it.

God, if Biden said anything close to that you would have your 4 millionth post on it by now.

Years ago when Israel was in another skirmish with the Palestinians, Rock and I disagreed on the Israeli response. I told Rock, if someone says something like the Palestinians saying they wanted to destroy Israel, Israel has no choice but to believe them. Well, the same holds true with Trump. Imagine if I came here after every time Biden says something wrong and claimed it was no more than a joke? You wouldn't let me get away with that crap, and I'm not about to let you have that privilege either (or you can just shut the hell up about Biden's "jokes"). Have it one way or the other, I don't care. But it sure aint going to be Co's way on both.
Trump speaks in bombastic, ridiculous hyperbole. It’s a well-known trait among certain New Yorkers. There was an interesting article/opinion piece I read on it within the last year. I found it useful in trying to figure out why he says some of the crazy shit he says.

Does that mean he should say the stuff he does? Absolutely not. But I think it should be taken into account when we are trying to divine his intentions.

Trump speaks in bombastic, ridiculous hyperbole. It’s a well-known trait among certain New Yorkers. There was an interesting article/opinion piece I read on it within the last year. I found it useful in trying to figure out why he says some of the crazy shit he says.

Does that mean he should say the stuff he does? Absolutely not. But I think it should be taken into account when we are trying to divine his intentions.

You have that figured out, but how many people take what he says literally?

Given Trump's penchant for hyperbole, this was a typical statement from him. He says something extreme, that no normal person would believe, and the Democrats scream bloody murder like he meant it literally.

Everyone is allowed to make outrageous statements and it's no big deal - unless it's Trump.

EDIT: I should have read Brad's response before I posted. He stated it much better than I did, as usual.

But why would he bombastically insult his own people unless there was SOME truth to it? I am not saying he literally could walk outside and shoot someone, that isn't the point. The point is he knows his people will defend him from almost anything. Look at the huge Trump people here, no matter what it is he said or does, they accept it 100%.

Take a look at this:

His position as the pageant’s owner entitled him to that kind of access, Trump explained, seemingly aware that what he was doing made the women uncomfortable. “You know, no men are anywhere. And I’m allowed to go in because I’m the owner of the pageant. And therefore I’m inspecting it… Is everyone OK? You know, they’re standing there with no clothes. And you see these incredible-looking women. And so I sort of get away with things like that,” he said.​
So he says he walks around backstage at Miss Teen USA and sees them nude. Throw in that there are former contestants who say that is exactly what happened. And yet some here are positively certain Clinton was involced with Epstein and NO WAY Trump was involved.

The point of the shoot-someone story is he knows he is followed by sycophants. That is the point of the "joke" or the "bombast". Not that it is literal in the shooting sense.

• Haha

In keeping with that ny makeup is to fight like a maniac. Not a good quality

But why would he bombastically insult his own people unless there was SOME truth to it? I am not saying he literally could walk outside and shoot someone, that isn't the point. The point is he knows his people will defend him from almost anything. Look at the huge Trump people here, no matter what it is he said or does, they accept it 100%.

Take a look at this:

His position as the pageant’s owner entitled him to that kind of access, Trump explained, seemingly aware that what he was doing made the women uncomfortable. “You know, no men are anywhere. And I’m allowed to go in because I’m the owner of the pageant. And therefore I’m inspecting it… Is everyone OK? You know, they’re standing there with no clothes. And you see these incredible-looking women. And so I sort of get away with things like that,” he said.​
So he says he walks around backstage at Miss Teen USA and sees them nude. Throw in that there are former contestants who say that is exactly what happened. And yet some here are positively certain Clinton was involced with Epstein and NO WAY Trump was involved.

The point of the shoot-someone story is he knows he is followed by sycophants. That is the point of the "joke" or the "bombast". Not that it is literal in the shooting sense.
Re the fifth Ave thing, he’s basically saying he’s BobKnight of the 1980s with IU fans. He is beloved by his supporters and can get away with a lot of shit and still be loved because people know he delivers, or is a great guy, whatever.

Do you think Bob Knight really thought women should enjoy being raped?

Re the fifth Ave thing, he’s basically saying he’s BobKnight of the 1980s with IU fans. He is beloved by his supporters and can get away with a lot of shit and still be loved because people know he delivers, or is a great guy, whatever.
OK, what part of that still isn't insulting his followers as following him no matter what outrageous thing he does? Again, that's the kernel of truth. No matter what he says, his supporters back him. Isn't that the very definition of a cult of personality? And Trump's bombastic style fits right in. Isn't that the way several North Korean dictators have spoken, that they are so great and perfect?

I would vote for almost any Democrat over Biden, he has exceeded his sell-by date. Manchin, yes. Newsome, yes. Beshear, yes. Sherrod Brown, yes. Whitmer, yes. Kelly, yes. Trump's backers aren't that way, they want Trump and no one else.

OK, what part of that still isn't insulting his followers as following him no matter what outrageous thing he does? Again, that's the kernel of truth. No matter what he says, his supporters back him. Isn't that the very definition of a cult of personality? And Trump's bombastic style fits right in. Isn't that the way several North Korean dictators have spoken, that they are so great and perfect?

I would vote for almost any Democrat over Biden, he has exceeded his sell-by date. Manchin, yes. Newsome, yes. Beshear, yes. Sherrod Brown, yes. Whitmer, yes. Kelly, yes. Trump's backers aren't that way, they want Trump and no one else.
Dbm explained why re trump. He really isn’t the same as a “rino.” He’s closer to a Dem. As I said there should be more parties. The two party system is broken. I don’t like the Romney bush types either

Marv, it’s obvious that you are holding a bag of hammers so everything looks like a nail to you. I suggest you triple your anxiety meds and chase them with a tranquilizer .

Dbm explained why re trump. He really isn’t the same as a “rino.” He’s closer to a Dem. As I said there should be more parties. The two party system is broken. I don’t like the Romney bush types either

Where did DBM explain something? Can you point me to it?

Trump isn't a true conservative, there has been a difference between populists/nativists and conservatives. William Buckley saw that and worked hard to keep the populists out of the party. But now Trump is seen as the ideal conservative, and the Aloha's are out. The definition has changed because nativists know "conservative" sounds more appealing than "populist".

You can read about the Birch Society below and how it's conspiracy laden beliefs are so similar to modern MAGA belief. Birchers were all in on Laetrile because big medicine was suppressing it to make more money. Sound familiar? Or how about the assassination attempts on Ford were orchestrated by Ford himself to gain sympathy. Sound familiar?

Marv, it’s obvious that you are holding a bag of hammers so everything looks like a nail to you. I suggest you triple your anxiety meds and chase them with a tranquilizer .

Just answer where am I wrong? if he makes a comment that his followers wouldn't dump him if he killed someone how is it not making fun of his followers? How is that NOT a cult of personality? Easy questions no one is tackling.

Let me replace it this way, if I made a post with this line "Mark will love anything I post, even "I LOVE TRUMP" how is that not saying Mark is in my cult of personality?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT