ADVERTISEMENT

Doing the opposite of Trump has consequences

CO. Hoosier

Hall of Famer
Aug 29, 2001
In the midst of Trump’s aggressive immigration enforcement and deportations, Denver was among the first to respond to Trump by enacting sanctuary city laws and presenting itself as a welcoming city.

In the first days of his term, Biden did a 180 on Trump’s immigration policy by ending remain in Mexico, ending the wall, ending the agreements with the Northern Triangle countries, and restarting catch and release. He also stopped enforcing the public charge rules about immigration. This is after promising during the campaign to provide health care and other benefits to illegal immigrants.

We now have millions of poorly educated, unskilled and dependent immigrants. The Democrat mantra during the Trump era that immigration is a net benefit to the United States seems like a bad joke.

Well, how does the Biden/Democrat immigration policy look now? In Denver it’s a disaster. Other cities are similar.

The Denver Budget is a wreck. It’s getting worse. Democrat officials are pleading for federal help, meaning federal money. Not federal efforts to stop the flow or send them back. (That request would be illegal under the sanctuary ordinances.). Leading Democrats have even commented that being a welcoming city has consequences.

This whole thing is a disaster at every level of government. A massive failure of policy. A failed policy based on TDS. The damage looks to be irreparable. Trump is no angel. But he had immigration right.

The sad story is in the link. Read the whole thing.

In the midst of Trump’s aggressive immigration enforcement and deportations, Denver was among the first to respond to Trump by enacting sanctuary city laws and presenting itself as a welcoming city.

In the first days of his term, Biden did a 180 on Trump’s immigration policy by ending remain in Mexico, ending the wall, ending the agreements with the Northern Triangle countries, and restarting catch and release. He also stopped enforcing the public charge rules about immigration. This is after promising during the campaign to provide health care and other benefits to illegal immigrants.

We now have millions of poorly educated, unskilled and dependent immigrants. The Democrat mantra during the Trump era that immigration is a net benefit to the United States seems like a bad joke.

Well, how does the Biden/Democrat immigration policy look now? In Denver it’s a disaster. Other cities are similar.

The Denver Budget is a wreck. It’s getting worse. Democrat officials are pleading for federal help, meaning federal money. Not federal efforts to stop the flow or send them back. (That request would be illegal under the sanctuary ordinances.). Leading Democrats have even commented that being a welcoming city has consequences.

This whole thing is a disaster at every level of government. A massive failure of policy. A failed policy based on TDS. The damage looks to be irreparable. Trump is no angel. But he had immigration right.

Biden = disaster.

Remain in Mexico could only be put in place due to a public health emergency (COVID). It ended when the emergency was officially ended. It might be reinstated if we work a deal with Mexico, which would be costly, but also could be worth it. Illegal immigration definitely needs to be dramatically reduced. Stopped entirely would be better.

Reactions: Bowlmania
Remain in Mexico could only be put in place due to a public health emergency (COVID). It ended when the emergency was officially ended. It might be reinstated if we work a deal with Mexico, which would be costly, but also could be worth it. Illegal immigration definitely needs to be dramatically reduced. Stopped entirely would be better.
That’s not my recollection. Trumps deal involved Mexican enforcement at its southern border, and economic consequences/ benefits. The deal effectively ended with Biden’s catch and release.

Reactions: 76-1
That’s not my recollection. Trumps deal involved Mexican enforcement at its southern border, and economic consequences/ benefits. The deal effectively ended with Biden’s catch and release.
I could be wrong, but that’s how I remember the legality of it.

1. “The problem here at the end of the day the federal government has failed us 100%.

2. Is it a safe assumption that the government leaders in Denver are all Democrats?

3. How much will taxes increase? And, will those be sales, property or income taxes?

4. And, of course, Governor Abbott is the real culprit here.

You clown. Charlatan. We dictate the relationship with Mexico. Covid or not that policy could have remained in place with a president that had a nutsack and a will to protect the border.

Clown. Charlatan.

You keep intentionally misrepresenting this, you did this in another thread and I corrected you. These migrants are deemed illegal and therefore cannot legally work. So

We now have millions of poorly educated, unskilled and dependent immigrants.​
Is totally and completely non-sequitor to:

The Democrat mantra during the Trump era that immigration is a net benefit to the United States seems like a bad joke.

As I said in that thread, if it was illegal for you to work in your prime you would have been a ward of the state. There is ZERO doubt that is true, and you know it.

I bet there are a ton of places in Denver needing housekeeping, table bussers, etc. Nationally there is a shortage of migrant farm labor. You know all that and ignore it to make a point that is only true if you ignore all that.

1. “The problem here at the end of the day the federal government has failed us 100%.

2. Is it a safe assumption that the government leaders in Denver are all Democrats?

3. How much will taxes increase? And, will those be sales, property or income taxes?

4. And, of course, Governor Abbott is the real culprit here.
In Colorado, any tax rate increase, or new tax, requires a vote. A ballot measure for taxes earmarked for illegal immigrant benefits might get 10% support. . We are watching a fiscal and social disaster unfolding in real time.

Thank you Democrats and President Biden.

You keep intentionally misrepresenting this, you did this in another thread and I corrected you. These migrants are deemed illegal and therefore cannot legally work. So

We now have millions of poorly educated, unskilled and dependent immigrants.​
Is totally and completely non-sequitor to:

As I said in that thread, if it was illegal for you to work in your prime you would have been a ward of the state. There is ZERO doubt that is true, and you know it.

I bet there are a ton of places in Denver needing housekeeping, table bussers, etc. Nationally there is a shortage of migrant farm labor. You know all that and ignore it to make a point that is only true if you ignore all that.
Do you really believe the government enforces the work rules? In sanctuary cites, you can’t even ask about immigration status, The last time they tried enforcement at meat packing plant, the ACLU went bananas.

Reactions: DANC and 76-1
You clown. Charlatan. We dictate the relationship with Mexico. Covid or not that policy could have remained in place with a president that had a nutsack and a will to protect the border.

Clown. Charlatan.
Look who’s full of himself today. Hit the sauce early?

Reactions: cosmickid
He has some clever ideas for new handles so he's trying to retire this one with a bang. He'll be full on chauvinist asshole within the hour.
He’s the kind of internet warrior who’s actually a real world sissy. I’m pretty sure I could make him cry face to face. 😄

In Colorado, any tax rate increase, or new tax, requires a vote. A ballot measure for taxes earmarked for illegal immigrant benefits might get 10% support. . We are watching a fiscal and social disaster unfolding in real time.

Thank you Democrats and President Biden.
Wake the hell up. Trump is the danger.

"Anyone who puts himself over the Constitution should never be president of the United States. … President Trump demanded that I choose between him and the Constitution.” - Former Vice President Mike Pence

"Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people – does not even pretend to try. Instead, he tries to divide us. .. He is more dangerous than anyone could ever imagine.” - Retired General James Mattis

“A person that has no idea what America stands for and has no idea what America is all about … A person who admires autocrats and murderous dictators. A person that has nothing but contempt for our democratic institutions, our Constitution, and the rule of law.” - Retired General John Kelly

"He is a consummate narcissist. And he constantly engages in reckless conduct. … He will always put his own interests, and gratifying his own ego, ahead of everything else, including the country’s interest.” - Former Attorney General Bill Barr

“President Trump and other officials have repeatedly compromised our principles in pursuit of partisan advantage and personal gain.” - Retired Lieutenant General HR McMaster

"I have been in those rooms with him when he met with those [world] leaders, I believe they think he’s a laughing fool. And the idea that somehow his presence in office would have deterred Putin is flatly wrong … He’s not fit to be president.” - Former National Security Advisor John Bolton

"He puts himself before country. His actions are all about him and not about the country.” - Former Defense Secretary Mark Esper

Ignoring the observations of people who worked closely with Trump requires hyper-partisan self-delusion and veers into idolatry. You're clearly part of that club.

Do you really believe the government enforces the work rules? In sanctuary cites, you can’t even ask about immigration status, The last time they tried enforcement at meat packing plant, the ACLU went bananas.
You mean companies are not requiring a completed I9 form per federal law?

We know some companies are unethical and don't, recall the Trump administration raid? Of course they rounded up the immigrants and sent them back and did nothing to the companies circumventing the law.

To my knowledge the ACLU never successfully challenged the I9.

"Anyone who puts himself over the Constitution should never be president of the United States. … President Trump demanded that I choose between him and the Constitution.” - Former Vice President Mike Pence

"Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people – does not even pretend to try. Instead, he tries to divide us. .. He is more dangerous than anyone could ever imagine.” - Retired General James Mattis

“A person that has no idea what America stands for and has no idea what America is all about … A person who admires autocrats and murderous dictators. A person that has nothing but contempt for our democratic institutions, our Constitution, and the rule of law.” - Retired General John Kelly

"He is a consummate narcissist. And he constantly engages in reckless conduct. … He will always put his own interests, and gratifying his own ego, ahead of everything else, including the country’s interest.” - Former Attorney General Bill Barr

“President Trump and other officials have repeatedly compromised our principles in pursuit of partisan advantage and personal gain.” - Retired Lieutenant General HR McMaster

"I have been in those rooms with him when he met with those [world] leaders, I believe they think he’s a laughing fool. And the idea that somehow his presence in office would have deterred Putin is flatly wrong … He’s not fit to be president.” - Former National Security Advisor John Bolton

"He puts himself before country. His actions are all about him and not about the country.” - Former Defense Secretary Mark Esper

Ignoring the observations of people who worked closely with Trump requires hyper-partisan self-delusion and veers into idolatry. You're clearly part of that club.
All RINOs, man.

I mean, the Biden administration has filed multiple lawsuits against Texas for trying to enforce immigration law, which the federal government refuses to do.

To say the Biden administration has been a disaster on immigration doesn’t do it justice.

And a lot of it was implemented because “racist orange man bad”.

I mean, the Biden administration has filed multiple lawsuits against Texas for trying to enforce immigration law, which the federal government refuses to do.

To say the Biden administration has been a disaster on immigration doesn’t do it justice.

And a lot of it was implemented because “racist orange man bad”.
Biden is far and away the biggest danger to America as long as he subscribes to progressive bs. Saw a food critic cut short a tour of San Fran bc it was unsafe for his crew. A great American city. Progressive policies and beliefs are the real threat america faces.

He has some clever ideas for new handles so he's trying to retire this one with a bang. He'll be full on chauvinist asshole within the hour.
I'd be saying this whichever side of the political spectrum farva was on, but this revolving door of various iterations of user names is just SAD...

Maybe he's trolling to make wingnuts look stupid?

Biden has caused, or materially contributed to, damage that will be felt for decades if not forever. See my opening link as one local example.

Trump isn’t even in the same league.

Biden has caused, or materially contributed to, damage that will be felt for decades if not forever. See my opening link as one local example.

You will never convince these people. A can of beans could go for $20 and you could get carjacked on the drive to buy them by a gang of illegals and they’d cry trump. They simply are totally removed from reality without an ounce of common sense. like talking to people who spent 40 years in academics in New Hampshire. It’s a unique kind of stupid

You will never convince these people. A can of beans could go for $20 and you could get carjacked on the drive to buy them by a gang of illegals and they’d cry trump. They simply are totally removed from reality without an ounce of common sense. like talking to people who spent 40 years in academics in New Hampshire. It’s a unique kind of stupid
You're in a cult ... get help.

one “cult” wants to make American great. The other cult is interested in children’s’ genitalia. We know which cult you subscribe to

Get help
I don’t think you are the one who should be claiming the high moral ground. You aren’t exactly the model of ethics McM.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
I don’t think you are the one who should be claiming the high moral ground. You aren’t exactly the model of ethics McM.
For sure. And I think trump is a scumbag. But comparing trump and academic/constitutional nonsense to the very personal impact the woke cult has on our personal lives from keeping kids home from school to crime is comical. Who ever thought laws would have to be enacted to prevent sex changes of little kids. That’s how whacked the cult is

For sure. And I think trump is a scumbag. But comparing trump and academic/constitutional nonsense to the very personal impact the woke cult has on our personal lives from keeping kids home from school to crime is comical. Who ever thought laws would have to be enacted to prevent sex changes of little kids. That’s how whacked the cult is
Get a life McM.

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
The other cult is interested in children’s’ genitalia

Which cult is that, I hear Republicans bring this up far more than Democrats

I don't get changing children's sex as well. I really don't. But if the parents say that is what the child needs and multiple trained professionals say that is what the child needs, it seems pretty arrogant to say I, as one who never met the child, knows better.

Which cult is that, I hear Republicans bring this up far more than Democrats

I don't get changing children's sex as well. I really don't. But if the parents say that is what the child needs and multiple trained professionals say that is what the child needs, it seems pretty arrogant to say I, as one who never met the child, knows better.
The woke cult. Because the consequences of surgery are irreversible. The decision to wait isn’t permanent. It’s delayed out of an abundance of caution

• Haha

I quoted high-ranking Republican officials who worked with Trump and know him well. They say, in so many words, he's a disaster and a clear and present danger. You, on the other hand, are repeating MAGA talking points.

Immigration is a mess now, as it was under Trump. He enjoyed a relatively rare federal government trifecta (both houses of Congress controlled by the sitting president's party) for two years but couldn't get an immigration bill passed. He constructed 450 miles of barrier mostly in places where a barrier previously existed and, in 2024, that "big beautiful" barrier is breached many times each day (I've got links if you need them). His family separation policy was a disaster. He acknowledged "caravans" of migrants during his presidency. He benefited from Covid as it allowed for the imposition of Title 42 restrictions. He talked a big game, though. As I said earlier, lots of idolatry is on display here.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT