ADVERTISEMENT

Doing the opposite of Trump has consequences

Where did DBM explain something? Can you point me to it?

Trump isn't a true conservative, there has been a difference between populists/nativists and conservatives. William Buckley saw that and worked hard to keep the populists out of the party. But now Trump is seen as the ideal conservative, and the Aloha's are out. The definition has changed because nativists know "conservative" sounds more appealing than "populist".

You can read about the Birch Society below and how it's conspiracy laden beliefs are so similar to modern MAGA belief. Birchers were all in on Laetrile because big medicine was suppressing it to make more money. Sound familiar? Or how about the assassination attempts on Ford were orchestrated by Ford himself to gain sympathy. Sound familiar?

Here we go with the Birchers again..... :rolleyes:

You sound an awful lot like Joe McCarthy, trying to root out those against "democracty".

That's not true. Well, it's true Trump backers want Trump and no one else, but they would certainly vote Republican against virtually any other Democrat, especially Joe.

All the media bullshit about Trump voters staying home if he's not the nominee is just to make Trump backers look like a cult. We're not a cult - but we do recognize Trump as the MAGA leader - why wouldn't we? A few would stay home, just as some leftists will not vote for Biden because he's promoting genocide in Palestine (not my words).
Some MAGA people are cultish. Just as some Obama people were.

Reactions: Spartans9312
No, that is not me. At this point, I'm more like

Paul Newman Shot GIF by Turner Classic Movies

That's not true. Well, it's true Trump backers want Trump and no one else, but they would certainly vote Republican against virtually any other Democrat, especially Joe.

All the media bullshit about Trump voters staying home if he's not the nominee is just to make Trump backers look like a cult. We're not a cult - but we do recognize Trump as the MAGA leader - why wouldn't we? A few would stay home, just as some leftists will not vote for Biden because he's promoting genocide in Palestine (not my words).

Does the media include your buddy DBM... Because he's said for years that MAGA vote will stay home and not vote if Trump isn't the nominee

They're ALL queens at closing time.
"if you haven't found a queen, you didn't stay long enough".
As Don Williams said, "they're all setting on the world we are trying to get into". And all he had was Tulsa Women. He was a trooper!

I could be wrong but I think dbm said they would all stay home if Trump is not the nominee

Reactions: UncleMark
In the midst of Trump’s aggressive immigration enforcement and deportations, Denver was among the first to respond to Trump by enacting sanctuary city laws and presenting itself as a welcoming city.

In the first days of his term, Biden did a 180 on Trump’s immigration policy by ending remain in Mexico, ending the wall, ending the agreements with the Northern Triangle countries, and restarting catch and release. He also stopped enforcing the public charge rules about immigration. This is after promising during the campaign to provide health care and other benefits to illegal immigrants.

We now have millions of poorly educated, unskilled and dependent immigrants. The Democrat mantra during the Trump era that immigration is a net benefit to the United States seems like a bad joke.

Well, how does the Biden/Democrat immigration policy look now? In Denver it’s a disaster. Other cities are similar.

The Denver Budget is a wreck. It’s getting worse. Democrat officials are pleading for federal help, meaning federal money. Not federal efforts to stop the flow or send them back. (That request would be illegal under the sanctuary ordinances.). Leading Democrats have even commented that being a welcoming city has consequences.

This whole thing is a disaster at every level of government. A massive failure of policy. A failed policy based on TDS. The damage looks to be irreparable. Trump is no angel. But he had immigration right.

The sad story is in the link. Read the whole thing.

@TheOriginalHappyGoat, is this the decency you speak of? Or the strong policy? Normalcy? This is the tip of the iceberg for what the consequences of this border policy will be.

Reactions: DANC
Does the media include your buddy DBM... Because he's said for years that MAGA vote will stay home and not vote if Trump isn't the nominee
No, I don't believe dbm is part of the media.

But he's free to speak his opinion, just as you are. Do you speak for all Republicans? (trust me - you don't)

Lots of speculation that AMLO and Biden cut a deal to tamp down on immigration during an election year. Mexico taking enforcement measures that they have ignored all presidency long.

This could be Biden’s “After the election, I’ll have more flexibility” moment.

Lots of speculation that AMLO and Biden cut a deal to tamp down on immigration during an election year. Mexico taking enforcement measures that they have ignored all presidency long.

This could be Biden’s “After the election, I’ll have more flexibility” moment.
Lots of speculation that Trump will wield his influence to kill an effective, bipartisan immigration deal (Lindsey Graham says Republicans wouldn't be able to get a better deal in a Trump administration) that would enhance border security because, well, it's an election year, a bad time for any Biden victory lap, it's best for him (Trump) if the immigration problem remains unchecked so he can run on that, and he couldn't care less about anything or anyone other than himself.

Senator Thom Tillis said it would be "immoral" to reject a bill for partisan reasons. "You don't knowingly make this country less safe for political points." Well, sure, no moral person would do that.

Lots of speculation that Trump will wield his influence to kill an effective, bipartisan immigration deal (Lindsey Graham says Republicans wouldn't be able to get a better deal in a Trump administration) that would enhance border security because, well, it's an election year, a bad time for any Biden victory lap, it's best for him (Trump) if the immigration problem remains unchecked so he can run on that, and he couldn't care less about anything or anyone other than himself.

Senator Thom Tillis said it would be "immoral" to reject a bill for partisan reasons. "You don't knowingly make this country less safe for political points." Well, sure, no moral person would do that.

Moskowitz exposes the hypocrisy, why House Republicans don't want a border solution...

Add Crenshaw to the list of people warning about blocking the Senate bill...

"It's the best bill we'll ever get."

As pointed out, even if the Pubs were to win POTUS and both houses, they will never get the 60 Senate votes they'd need to get a more pro-GOP bill on border scurity...

• Haha

Let's see if the Senate can actually get it passed first.

Moskowitz exposes the hypocrisy, why House Republicans don't want a border solution...

Add Crenshaw to the list of people warning about blocking the Senate bill...

"It's the best bill we'll ever get."

As pointed out, even if the Pubs were to win POTUS and both houses, they will never get the 60 Senate votes they'd need to get a more pro-GOP bill on border scurity...

They might get the same version (or something weaker) later when they're in charge but will rename it and pretend it was all them.

No, I don't believe dbm is part of the media.

But he's free to speak his opinion, just as you are. Do you speak for all Republicans? (trust me - you don't)

I never claimed to speak for anyone but myself.

Dbm is the one who constantly claims to speak for all of MAGA..... And not just himself.

If a confirmed cultist like him constantly does it, why are you blaming the media for that narrative?

I never claimed to speak for anyone but myself.

Dbm is the one who constantly claims to speak for all of MAGA..... And not just himself.

If a confirmed cultist like him constantly does it, why are you blaming the media for that narrative?
Because the media does do it. Not that difficult to understand.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier

The House GOP cannot agree to any weak immigration deal. Senate will not be a problem

England ending “gender affirming care” via puberty blockers.

How will this affect the standard of care for administering puberty blockers to kids? If I’m a physician, I don’t think I’ll ever prescribe them for gender affirming care no matter if it were “legal”.

CoH is referencing legal liability I think. Docs ask lawyers to opine in that all the time.
I think it’s an interesting question whether the NHS banning certain drugs would be relevant to a professional standard of care in the US. I remember when a physician standard of care was based on community standards, now it’s pretty much a national standard. I’m not aware of an applicable global standard, but there could be.

I think it’s an interesting question whether the NHS banning certain drugs would be relevant to a professional standard of care in the US. I remember when a physician standard of care was based on community standards, now it’s pretty much a national standard. I’m not aware of an applicable global standard, but there could be.

Banning certain drugs? What I read was simply a change in protocol.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT