ADVERTISEMENT

Chicago politics and events

You’re kidding. I can’t believe he won. Not that the other idiot was much better. But, jeez, get rid of one stone idiot and bring in another. Chicago is dead.
Why? I'm not from Chicago, and I couldn't care less if the city sinks into Lake Michigan, but my understanding was that either of these guys would be about a 100,000% improvement over LL.

Why? I'm not from Chicago, and I couldn't care less if the city sinks into Lake Michigan, but my understanding was that either of these guys would be about a 100,000% improvement over LL.

Dude seems to be just as bad. Organized the teachers' strikes, prioritizing equity instead of equality, etc.

Reactions: dbmhoosier
Johnson is more progressive than LL, who was the less progressive candidate last time.
Johnson tried to walk back prior defund the police pronouncements,
More corporate citizens are likely to leave Chicago and ’Crook’ County now.

Dude seems to be just as bad. Organized the teachers' strikes, prioritizing equity instead of equality, etc.
Don't forget he racked up unpaid water/utility bills going back years and into the thousands. Which, makes him ineligible to take office. Of course he conveniently got them paid off in the last couple days. Just the guy Chicago needs running it's budget.

Large black population with Dems in charge is a perfect recipe for crime. I’ve often wondered how things would look if you flipped it. Dems in charge of state and pubs in charge of city: mayor, prosecutor
Lightfoot, as much as I hate to admit it, is in no trouble at all. She's who the machine wants. And if you've learned nothing else about politics in Illinois...it's that, outside of Crook County, nothing matters. And the machine runs Crook County. Mayor Light weight is going nowhere. King Madigan may be gone, but the machine lives on.

BTW does it creep anyone out that Jelly Belly (JB) was over in Davos at the WEF boondoggle? He really does have high hopes for his future. But everyone at the WEF looks like they eat kale, tofu and rainwater all day, and are looking at JB like "what the hell does this Fat-F#@k eat?"
LOL

Just listened to his victory speech. I don’t think he had a shout out for one person or organization that wasn’t funded on the taxpayer dime. His disrespectful crowd of ghetto goons had nothing but jeers and boos for any mention of Vallas or those who didn’t vote for him.

This city is painfully divided. CTU and the progressives will likely win, and we will go the way of Detroit. We don’t have the inherent advantages of NYC or LA that ensure we’ll always remain a world class
city.

Last edited:
Just listened to his victory speech. I don’t think he had a shout out for one person or organization that wasn’t funded on the taxpayer dime. His disrespectful crowd of ghetto goons has nothing but jeers and boos for any mention of Vallas or those who didn’t vote for him.

This city is painfully divided. CTU and the progressives will likely win, and we will go the way of Detroit. We don’t have the inherent advantages of NYC or LA that ensure we’ll always remain a world class
city.
So this was the general election that he won ?

i didn’t do it. I was hopeful chicago would want to change, but alas it’s populace is now a majority of morons.

You should get out while you still can
I don't live in the city but still have my office there.

I'd get out but I have a pretty sweet deal so it doesn't make sense unless they institute some draconian city tax on law firms (which is possible).

I will move away once the kids are grown and out of the house. Kinda trapped here until then because I have no desire to move them away from the only home they've ever known.

Reactions: JamieDimonsBalls

I'd get out but I have a pretty sweet deal so it doesn't make sense unless they institute some draconian city tax on law firms (which is possible).

I will move away once the kids are grown and out of the house. Kinda trapped here until then because I have no desire to move them away from the only home they've ever known.
Boy you’ll have it all then won’t ya out there on brokeback mountain

A city tax on law firms is probably easily offset by the value of doing tort law in a blue city

Reactions: anon_6hv78pr714xta

That's the problem though - there is a thinking that you are trapped and progressive politicians also believe that is the case for you, for banks, for other big commercial organizations downtown. If they don't think you are going to change, there is no incentive for them to actually care about your concerns.

Action has to force change. Often times, it seems like it will be too late. But, at some point, liberal cities and states are going to realize they need their taxpayers more than their taxpayers need them.

It’ll be the inverse of El Salvador’s recent revival. Quite literally a mirror image. If I’m a gang boss, I’m setting up shop in Chicago immediately.
Make Chicago Iraq
What did they do in El Salvador? They went to work on the guns.

You know what they do about guns in Chicago? Travel to Indiana to get them.

They made Bitcoin their currency and fixed the money is what happened in El Salvador. Everything else follows from that.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Make Chicago Iraq

Chiraq already exists

MV5BMTA3NTAxNzUyMzdeQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU4MDYwMjkxMDgx._V1_.jpg

Its punishments are much more strict, despite no death penalty. Criminals can be sentenced for up to 10 years between ages 12 and 16.

In Chicago they walk freely all of the time. I'm sure the next step is to start compensating them directly for their crimes.

They are locking up their gang bangers and throwing away the key.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT