ADVERTISEMENT

Competition. Wackiest MAGA group in a single state?

cosmickid

Hall of Famer
Oct 23, 2009
Initially I'd have said Michigan, with their fistfights outside hotel conference rooms and former chairwoman embezzling thousands of dollars and bankrupting the state GOP...

But in light of AZ's recent indictment of a group who tried to implment the fake electors scheme, they now get my vote. Not because they attempted to commit run of the mill election fraud (a Trump staple) but because of the two folks AZ Republicans chose to be their Representatives at the RNC. Each state gets 2 choices and in light of the fact that Lara Trump now co-chairs the RNC it might be difficult to imagine a single state choosing not just 1, but 2 representatives who succeed in making Lara Trump seem normal by comparison. But AZ was certainly up to the challenge...

Leading off is (former) AZ House member Liz Harris a far Right Republican from Chandler. She was initially elected in 2022, and her campaign bragged that she would not vote on any bills until the 2020 election was redone. Eventually she relented and actually voted on a few bills. But she had a pretty remarkably short stint in The AZ House, as detailed by the azcentral.com

"she was expelled from the Republican-controlled House just three months into her term. This, after she staged an all-day, livestreamed legislative hearing at which her witnesses talked about the many ways in which our elections were supposedly stolen.

The highlight was a Scottsdale insurance agent who slimed dozens of public officials and private citizens, making preposterous, evidence-free accusations that they all accepted bribes from the Sinaloa drug cartel."
Now remember the AZ Legislature is GOP-controlled,which means that committees such as the Ethics Committee are under GOP control. Yet that committee unanimously voted to expel her, just 3 months into her term...

"The House Ethics Committee unanimously concluded that Harris not only knew what that insurance agent was likely to say during that February hearing but that she actually took steps to hide the details from House leadership.

Then she lied about it to the ethics panel."

That was Feb, when she was expelled from the AZ Legislature by (presumably) normal GOP Legislators... But just last week she was appointed by members of the MAGA dominated AZ GOP convention to be one of AZ's representatives to the RNC...

Impossible to top Liz as the wackiest Committee appointee? Hold my beer says Charlie Hoffman. Just days after Hoffman was indicted as one of the conspirators in the fake delegate scheme, those same attendees decided to appoint Charlie Hoffman as the other AZ delegate to the RNC. Again Charlie has a checkered past and while a criminal indictment for election fraud is the latest in a string of disturbing events, it's not the one I found most despicable.

Whenever I get depressed at the prospects of continued dominance of Indiana politics by the GOP, I can now think of what it would be like to be a normal Dem or Pub in AZ. As ridiculous as it might sound to hear ads attacking Mike Braun and various GOP Gubernatorial candidates as "RINOs", at least none of the Indiana politicians have as yet sunk to the slime of Charlie Hoffman... From azcentral's account...

"Meet Jake Hoffman, Arizona’s new Republican national committeeman.

This Queen Creek Republican burst into public view in 2020, when he ran an internet troll farm, paying teens to post conservative talking points and baseless conspiracy theories on social media — all aimed at getting then-President Donald Trump reelected.

The Washington Post in September 2020 exposed Hoffman’s Rally Forge, a digital marketing firm working with hard right Turning Point USA." (You just knew Charlie Kirk's group had to be involved)...

"His job was to pay teenagers, some of them minors, to set up fake personas and blanket social media with thousands of nearly identical posts aimed at undermining confidence in the validity of election and downplaying the impact of COVID-19."

Now if Michigan appoints the wacky QAnoner that stole all their party's $$, then they'd be back in the running. And there are 49 states left to choose from. But imho this AZ duet will be hard to top...

Initially I'd have said Michigan, with their fistfights outside hotel conference rooms and former chairwoman embezzling thousands of dollars and bankrupting the state GOP...

But in light of AZ's recent indictment of a group who tried to implment the fake electors scheme, they now get my vote. Not because they attempted to commit run of the mill election fraud (a Trump staple) but because of the two folks AZ Republicans chose to be their Representatives at the RNC. Each state gets 2 choices and in light of the fact that Lara Trump now co-chairs the RNC it might be difficult to imagine a single state choosing not just 1, but 2 representatives who succeed in making Lara Trump seem normal by comparison. But AZ was certainly up to the challenge...

Leading off is (former) AZ House member Liz Harris a far Right Republican from Chandler. She was initially elected in 2022, and her campaign bragged that she would not vote on any bills until the 2020 election was redone. Eventually she relented and actually voted on a few bills. But she had a pretty remarkably short stint in The AZ House, as detailed by the azcentral.com

"she was expelled from the Republican-controlled House just three months into her term. This, after she staged an all-day, livestreamed legislative hearing at which her witnesses talked about the many ways in which our elections were supposedly stolen.

The highlight was a Scottsdale insurance agent who slimed dozens of public officials and private citizens, making preposterous, evidence-free accusations that they all accepted bribes from the Sinaloa drug cartel."
Now remember the AZ Legislature is GOP-controlled,which means that committees such as the Ethics Committee are under GOP control. Yet that committee unanimously voted to expel her, just 3 months into her term...

"The House Ethics Committee unanimously concluded that Harris not only knew what that insurance agent was likely to say during that February hearing but that she actually took steps to hide the details from House leadership.

That was Feb, when she was expelled from the AZ Legislature by (presumably) normal GOP Legislators... But just last week she was appointed by members of the MAGA dominated AZ GOP convention to be one of AZ's representatives to the RNC...

Impossible to top Liz as the wackiest Committee appointee? Hold my beer says Charlie Hoffman. Just days after Hoffman was indicted as one of the conspirators in the fake delegate scheme, those same attendees decided to appoint Charlie Hoffman as the other AZ delegate to the RNC. Again Charlie has a checkered past and while a criminal indictment for election fraud is the latest in a string of disturbing events, it's not the one I found most despicable.

Whenever I get depressed at the prospects of continued dominance of Indiana politics by the GOP, I can now think of what it would be like to be a normal Dem or Pub in AZ. As ridiculous as it might sound to hear ads attacking Mike Braun and various GOP Gubernatorial candidates as "RINOs", at least none of the Indiana politicians have as yet sunk to the slime of Charlie Hoffman... From azcentral's account...

This Queen Creek Republican burst into public view in 2020, when he ran an internet troll farm, paying teens to post conservative talking points and baseless conspiracy theories on social media — all aimed at getting then-President Donald Trump reelected.

The Washington Post in September 2020 exposed Hoffman’s Rally Forge, a digital marketing firm working with hard right Turning Point USA." (You just knew Charlie Kirk's group had to be involved)...

"His job was to pay teenagers, some of them minors, to set up fake personas and blanket social media with thousands of nearly identical posts aimed at undermining confidence in the validity of election and downplaying the impact of COVID-19."

Now if Michigan appoints the wacky QAnoner that stole all their party's $$, then they'd be back in the running. And there are 49 states left to choose from. But imho this AZ duet will be hard to top...
Don't forget recently indicted Arizonan Christina Bobb, now head of the RNC's "Election Integrity" unit.

Reactions: UncleMark

You need an editor.

You need an editor.
Pick Me Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66

I know nothing about any of these groups. But if we're going to pick whacky, I'm putting money on Florida or Alaska. Lots of nuts in both, I think.

Google what the Washington State Pubs did at their recent convention.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT