ADVERTISEMENT

Third party candidates

Progressive doesn’t necessarily mean radical. There are definitely people left of Biden but the definition in Merrimack Webster indicates Progressives aren’t far left
Look at the people who wear the progressive label. The Squad for instance, would you not agree they are far left?

This seems like a good comparison to me:

This whole equality of outcome everyone left of center gets tagged with is progressive, not liberal. Same for a lot of that stuff.

We are stuck with the same problem conservatives have, the energy is with the extremes, not conservatives like Aloha or liberals like me.

Look at the people who wear the progressive label. The Squad for instance, would you not agree they are far left?

This seems like a good comparison to me:

This whole equality of outcome everyone left of center gets tagged with is progressive, not liberal. Same for a lot of that stuff.

We are stuck with the same problem conservatives have, the energy is with the extremes, not conservatives like Aloha or liberals like me.
I agree they are far left and I equate Biden with them. There might be a thousand issues. You don’t have to be congruent on every one but the majority Biden is definitely a far left progressive. And to your note above his whole identity politics platform is just that. Equality of outcome. He warned us with the uswnt way back in the day promising equal pay without a clue as to the circumstances

Social justice
Climate
Cradle to grave benefits
Redistribution

If we define “progressive” as government pushing social, economic and all change, Biden is indeed one of the most progressive ever. He has appointed a cabinet with similar outlooks.

Did you catch Buttegeig’s recent reference to those who resist electric cars are like those who resisted the change away from land line phones? That’s a perfect example.

The change to cell phones was largely driven by private capital and consumer preference. A perfect example of social change driven by markets. Hayek would be proud.

Electric cars is almost entirely driven by government mandates and government handouts. That is progressivism on steroids. Marx would be proud.
No, Marx wouldn't be proud.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT