ADVERTISEMENT

Biden Housing

Can't wait. I wanna be mobile.

"Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner."

-Neil McCauley
First WC Book Club book: "a book about metals."

• Love
Reactions: larsIU
Lucky bastard. I’m stuck for 15 more years. Let that sink in. And if this deal goes through I really won’t have to work. So I’ll be stuck with almost nothing to do and not really able to travel much. For 15 years
Not buying it. You'll be travelling plenty for that 15 years to bougie soccer facilities all over the country watching infante terrible McMurt scorin' goals and bangin' hoes (or whatever less creepy rhyme you can come up with).

Not buying it. You'll be travelling plenty for that 15 years to bougie soccer facilities all over the country watching infante terrible McMurt scorin' goals and bangin' hoes (or whatever less creepy rhyme you can come up with).
Oh yeah I didn’t think of that. That’d be good.

• Haha
Reactions: Baller23Boogie
Lucky bastard. I’m stuck for 15 more years. Let that sink in. And if this deal goes through I really won’t have to work. So I’ll be stuck with almost nothing to do and not really able to travel much. For 15 years

this is awesome. hope that works out. I sold a decent stake in my company of 20ish years in 2021, putting me into semi-retirement in my late 40s. helps that my wife is a bit younger, loves her field, plus makes good money with job security. now I'm a half-ass consultant, grocery shopper, errand runner, travel planner, and general house schlep. what I'm not is a professional f*cking emailer. I'm also no longer a whacked-out, anxiety-ridden receiver or giver of shitty news. not having to pretend to like unlikeable people is another huge bonus.

fingers crossed for you, man.

this is awesome. hope that works out. I sold a decent stake in my company of 20ish years in 2021, putting me into semi-retirement in my late 40s. helps that my wife is a bit younger, loves her field, plus makes good money with job security. now I'm a half-ass consultant, grocery shopper, errand runner, travel planner, and general house schlep. what I'm not is a professional f*cking emailer. I'm also no longer a whacked-out, anxiety-ridden receiver or giver of shitty news. not having to pretend to like unlikeable people is another huge bonus.

Hahaha I love it! Thanks. Indeed fingers crossed. You’re an inspiration. Sounds like the good life. Where do you live now?

Hahaha I love it! Thanks. Indeed fingers crossed. You’re an inspiration. Sounds like the good life. Where do you live now?

Northern VA but wouldn't be shocked if we're not back in the MW within 5 or 10 years. still have lots of family and friends there. didn't you say you are in Clayton? We've talked about a condo there or in the CWE. We'll see. I'm hoping it will be our last move before they throw my ass into memory care.

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
Northern VA but wouldn't be shocked if we're not back in the MW within 5 or 10 years. still have lots of family and friends there. didn't you say you are in Clayton? We've talked about a condo there or in the CWE. We'll see. I'm hoping it will be our last move before they throw my ass into memory care.
Oh I love northern va. Beautiful and proximity to sooo much. That’s awesome. Yep. It’s good. And our office is on Bemiston so can literally walk to work. Easy and convenient. But it’s not northern va as you well know, or anywhere else with stuff to do

Last edited:
Reactions: manichi

obviously some legal issues and while i don't like gov intervention 1) i think it's good biden's admin recognizes the importance of this issue as to me it is every bit as impt as the border etc and 2) biden's admin is right that the obstacles/regs of local govs are absolutely ridiculous. it's too much

people need to be able to afford homes. a starter home in a decent school district shouldn't cost $650k. a 3/3 in a good neighborhood well over a million. ridiculous

How about not allowing 8M potential buyers (likely renters at first) into the country illegally? And into a country that is already about 5M single family homes short for demand.

Reactions: jet812

My feelings of hate, envy, and optimism right now are confusing me.

You want to feel better Lars? I’ll be 50 this year and am currently looking for a new job. I can’t describe how f$cking awful this process is.

Good Luck.

And no, that doens't make me feel better. Only makes me think of the misery I'd have to go through to find similar comp. Shudder.

With traffic you're 45 mins from downtown Indy. 20 minutes from teh northside. Westfield and Carmel on on the way there.

Mcm's rpobably right. Indiana is dirt cheap and probably scraping the bottom of where most millenials want to live. At least it's not MS or Kentucky
It is cheap in this area. Our daughter lives in the Columbia, TN area and we've looked at buying a second house down there but a 1600 sq ft house is in the $400,000 range. That is pretty steep for a second home for the normal person.

McM could probably afford two...one for each woman he's chasing. 🤣

It is cheap in this area. Our daughter lives in the Columbia, TN area and we've looked at buying a second house down there but a 1600 sq ft house is in the $400,000 range. That is pretty steep for a second home for the normal person.

McM could probably afford two...one for each woman he's chasing. 🤣
Please. I pay a mortgage in child support each month bc I’m so damn stupid

• Haha
Reactions: NPT
Who has 3ooK?

Husband makes 62k/yr. Wife makes 62k. After tax and withholdings, take home is about 8500/mo. 1/4 towards housing is 2125.

300k house with 20% down leaves 240k @ 7.5% for a payment of 1680. Escrow taxes and ins and you are at 2100ish. Not too hard to do.

Refi 245k @ 5% in 2 years and payment drops to 1300ish before escrow.

Takes a little discipline, but it can be done. I used to have an antenna in 1995 for my TV so I could afford a house. 30 yrs later, and I am fortunate to do very well, but I still drive a car with 190k miles.

taxes and ins
Numbers are racist, therefore make no sense to the troll. One little exception though ... If you decide that you can ONLY survive where the taxes are $12,000 a year and insurance $6,000 ... The #'s do change a bit.

But those people won't be cretive to have what they bitch about not being able to afford. Obviously dog is a troll, playing a character, but many simply won't go "cut their own path" because big daddy makes it easier for me here, having nothing, .... as long as I keep voting for them. Demo puppy love I guess.
If you want somthign different, change what you do. Other wise, wontdog is in a democrat shelter and has an "end date" on his cage door.
I'm glad that I won't allow an overlord.

Husband makes 62k/yr. Wife makes 62k. After tax and withholdings, take home is about 8500/mo. 1/4 towards housing is 2125.

300k house with 20% down leaves 240k @ 7.5% for a payment of 1680. Escrow taxes and ins and you are at 2100ish. Not too hard to do.

Refi 245k @ 5% in 2 years and payment drops to 1300ish before escrow.

Takes a little discipline, but it can be done. I used to have an antenna in 1995 for my TV so I could afford a house. 30 yrs later, and I am fortunate to do very well, but I still drive a car with 190k miles.
If you are white and have a good job. The majority of black and brown people have low-wage jobs. They have to work 2 jobs to make ends meet.

• Angry
Reactions: mohoosier
And between White folks and asians. The Whities must have forgotten about them when they were keeping all the minorities down. Hispanics also are kicking black peoples ass in median household income.

Why can't ya'll get it together?
There's nothing like the wontdog self destruct feture, just to stick it to the man.
Sade part, the entire part of that troll job never even had anything funny to say, to build an alliance on.
GD Rodney King once said... Willdog, STFU. you aint helpin.

And between White folks and asians. The Whities must have forgotten about them when they were keeping all the minorities down. Hispanics also are kicking black peoples ass in median household income.

Why can't ya'll get it together?
The whites have all the power from the potus wannabe, the GOP, the state legislatures, the school boards shall I go on. white privilege.

• Angry
Reactions: mohoosier
My feelings of hate, envy, and optimism right now are confusing me.

I took a huge risk in my early 30s that I probably wouldn't have taken just 5 years later. Foolishly dumped everything I had (and much I didn't have) into a failing company that had just a few customers. Then we caught the FinTech wave. All the crazy-ass PPT slides we'd cooked up starting making sense to clients. Pure voodoo.

Last bit of luck was finding a med student to become Mrs. Manichi. I think she was too tired to date much or make rational decisions. Like a fat pitch right into my wheelhouse. More voodoo.

I took a huge risk in my early 30s that I probably wouldn't have taken just 5 years later. Foolishly dumped everything I had (and much I didn't have) into a failing company that had just a few customers. Then we caught the FinTech wave. All the crazy-ass PPT slides we'd cooked up starting making sense to clients. Pure voodoo.

Last bit of luck was finding a med student to become Mrs. Manichi. I think she was too tired to date much or make rational decisions. Like a fat pitch right into my wheelhouse. More voodoo.
write self help books. Unreal

Reactions: larsIU and manichi
Oh I love northern va. Beautiful and proximity to sooo much. That’s awesome. Yep. It’s good. And our office is on Bemiston so can literally walk to work. Easy and convenient. But it’s not northern va as you well know, or anywhere else with stuff to do

we've loved it. just ready to not sit in cars or trains for hours.

oh man, walking to work sounds effing great. I want to be able to walk to a grocery store with one of those pull carts. I dream big.

If you are white and have a good job. The majority of black and brown people have low-wage jobs. They have to work 2 jobs to make ends meet.

Then you should be for Trump. From the article from Reuters I linked:

"There were proportionately larger gains in wealth as well for Black and Hispanic families, the Fed said. Median net worth rose 33% for Black families and 65% for Hispanic families, compared with a 3% gain in the median for white families."

This was during the 3 years of the Trump economy prior to covid. Care to know the numbers under Biden?

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
we've loved it. just ready to not sit in cars or trains for hours.

oh man, walking to work sounds effing great. I want to be able to walk to a grocery store with one of those pull carts. I dream big.
Walk to work and I have a Starbucks on the walk. Like god knows I need a break

Pull cart 🤣. Move to the villages in fla. They’ve figured it all out for old people

• Love
Reactions: manichi
Then you should be for Trump. From the article from Reuters I linked:

"There were proportionately larger gains in wealth as well for Black and Hispanic families, the Fed said. Median net worth rose 33% for Black families and 65% for Hispanic families, compared with a 3% gain in the median for white families."

This was during the 3 years of the Trump economy prior to covid. Care to know the numbers under Biden?

YOu really love Vermiculture, don't you. Don't lie.
That poster is not real. It's a game to suck people in.

• Sad
Reactions: Willdog7
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT