ADVERTISEMENT

Biden News Conference

You wouldn't have to. There is no legislative magic to the Constitution, beyond the level of commitment it takes to enact an amendment, 2/3 majority vote in each branch, as well as 2/3 ratification from the states.
I’m not sure I understand what point you’re trying to make here. You say we wouldn’t have to amend the Constitution (do you have a source for that notion? I’ve never researched it but I’m pretty sure that’s not right) but then summarize the process of amending. Which is actually very difficult, especially in today’s fractured nation.

Re legislative “magic,” I don’t know what you mean. But constitutional provisions are not the same as laws passed by Congress.

Reactions: DANC
You mean like states having forced retirement ages for state officials or that you have to be at least 35 to run for President? The only things holding us back from age limits are legislative.

Two things:

1) I didn't defend Biden. I just said he was better than Trump.

2) I didn't start the topic. So after four years of Trump mangling the English language, including creating words, it's hard to complain about Biden. Trump made Bush 43 look like Rhodes Scholar.

I mean let's face it. The below picture is just from the Similar Threads list. It appears Stoll has an issue with Biden. How many more would I find if I did a search?

image.png
Some of the opposition to age limits would come from old guys who look like this:
mitchmcconnell-1500x1000-1-1200x800.jpg

Gee, can't imagine why a powerful public servant like McConnell would oppose age limits in the public interest.

Everyone see that?

DANC opposes holding politicians accountable. He ridicules that idea as a unicorn. Sad.
Everyone see that?

Stuffshot make shit up out of thin air. Beyond sad.

Take your unicorn's horn and stick it up your ass.

Last edited:
Everyone see that?

Stuffshot make shit up out of thin air. Beyond sad.

Take your unicor's horn and stick it up your ass.

I would suggest you do that but you would probably enjoy it...plus that is cruelty to animals.

Sure they do...look at all those "likes" he gets.

;)
Lest we forget...

I 'experience' you as a moderator every time I'm on the forum and see the double standard.

You're itching to ban me and give me another 'vacation', aren't you? This is proof you have no intention of treating everyone the same.

Tell me who the shitty poster again? You have posted over 57,000 times and have 30,000 'reactions.

I have posted 10,500 times and received 15,000 'reactions'.

That's a much higher percentage of reactions for me than for you.

I guess not 'everybody' thinks I'm a shitty poster.

🤣

Nah, you're like the jerk in school everyone loves to beat up. I know I should feel kind of bad about it, but...... well, I don't.

lol says the idiot that thought he was a bully but was just the dumbass in the back row.

Here's the actual full press conference if you care to watch for yourself rather than masturbate to Daily Caller Twitter cuts....

You’ve lost all respect by defending Joe Biden’s complete mental breakdowns. Anyone in their right mind can see what is obvious to the entire world. Like or hate the man, he is not well and I’d hope you’d just stay silent on the issue rather than try and support something that can’t be supported and make a fool of yourself.

You’ve lost all respect by defending Joe Biden’s complete mental breakdowns. Anyone in their right mind can see what is obvious to the entire world. Like or hate the man, he is not well and I’d hope you’d just stay silent on the issue rather than try and support something that can’t be supported and make a fool of yourself.
Too late

My father is 2 years older than Biden and has actually been medically diagnosed with moderate dementia.

They are not comparable in any way. Whatsoever. Full stop.

Biden just speaks like a typical old man of his age. And yes, he's too old to be President. As was the guy before him.

But actually calling it dementia makes you look like a horse's ass for people that actually have to deal with real dementia.
First of all, I’m sorry to hear about your Dad. My Mom has been on a gradual decline since around ‘07 and is now in a nursing home with little resemblance of her old self. It is one of the toughest things our family has ever had to deal with and I wish you and yours the best.

Dementia is not a specific term but general in the sense that it only refers to a decline in mental ability to a level that alters your daily life. Dementia can take on many forms and cause multiple different mannerisms and reactions for those suffering from it. Many doctors have diagnosed my Mom and thrown their hands up in the air. She lost the ability to speak and many said this was highly unusual for she was in the early stages when it happened

When I first started paying close attention to Biden, it was clear to me that he is suffering from severe mental decline. Forgetting what city or state he’s in, not once but on a regular basis. Also, losing his train of thought to the point of complete silence is common for him and he’ll use mechanisms in the moment to try and recover like ‘I should just stop talking now’ or ‘I shouldn’t go any further’.

Also, he continually walks in the wrong direction, which is a clear sign of confusion. What makes all of the language issues so glaring is that he reads from a teleprompter 90% of the time. The biggest sign to me though is his general countenance, especially his eyes. All of the above happened with my Mom but most would say she just looked lost or glassy-eyed.

Biden needs to step down and soon or else his family needs to intervene. If it were my Dad I would have already stepped in. Speaking of my Dad, he’s 82 and could run circles around Joe.

I’m not sure I understand what point you’re trying to make here. You say we wouldn’t have to amend the Constitution (do you have a source for that notion? I’ve never researched it but I’m pretty sure that’s not right) but then summarize the process of amending. Which is actually very difficult, especially in today’s fractured nation.

Re legislative “magic,” I don’t know what you mean. But constitutional provisions are not the same as laws passed by Congress.

We don't need an amendment to enact term limits, as it doesn't violate any of the Amendments in the Constitution. If the votes are there, they can do it now. They can do that with any law they want that doesn't violate whatever rules they have in Congress for passage or directly challenge the Constitution.

However, it could be challenged legally as with any law, subject to review and over turned by the courts.

Sure, those in favor would want it to be in the Constitution, making it more sustainable and a part of the political fabric.

We don't need an amendment to enact term limits, as it doesn't violate any of the Amendments in the Constitution. If the votes are there, they can do it now. They can do that with any law they want that doesn't violate whatever rules they have in Congress for passage or directly challenge the Constitution.

I think you're wrong. I thing there's Court precedent saying that the qualifications set out in the Constitution can't be further limited (except by amendment). I'll let those more qualified confirm or correct me.

I think you're wrong. I thing there's Court precedent saying that the qualifications set out in the Constitution can't be further limited (except by amendment). I'll let those more qualified confirm or correct me.

There is a law forbidding forced retirement due to age...

...which...
The legislation amends the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, removing a provision that allows firms to mandate retirement at age 70. That bill was amended in 1978 to raise the allowance for mandatory retirement from age 65 to 70. The bill applies to firms employing more than 20 workers and requires employers to provide health benefits for workers aged 70 and older.

Granted, this was in 1986, but no mention of the Constitution or the need for an amendment. The legal strength of our laws come from their ability to stand up in the courts, as well as their ability to be overturned by future legislation, with an amendment to our Constitution being the highest level.

Reactions: UncleMark
There is a law forbidding forced retirement due to age...

...which...

Granted, this was in 1986, but no mention of the Constitution or the need for an amendment. The legal strength of our laws come from their ability to stand up in the courts, as well as their ability to be overturned by future legislation, with an amendment to our Constitution being the highest level.

Yeah, but that has absolutely nothing to do with age limits (or term limits) on Presidential candidates. If you want to be a jailhouse lawyer in this forum you're going to have to do better.

Reactions: anon_6hv78pr714xta
Yeah, but that has absolutely nothing to do with age limits (or term limits) on Presidential candidates. If you want to be a jailhouse lawyer in this forum you're going to have to do better.
Wait - Bloom is wrong on something?

Good luck getting him to admit it. He's pretty much an expert on everything - in his own mind.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT