ADVERTISEMENT

Advice for Separation

You should have stopped with your first line. Let me be the first to tell you to STFU and not try and diagnose a situation you know nothing about. A relationship isn't a 1 way thing and you can't fix it by yourself no matter how hard you try. Nobody's "quitting". I'm making sure my wife and kids are taken care of, that my kids understand what's going on and that they have 2 loving and supportive parents, who are happier and healthier apart than they were together. I've hung in there and tried for years. I'm also hoping we don't rush in to a divorce, just in case we decide together that we both want to try and work it out. Now go F yourself and get to work on the deficit, healthcare and police-community relations. Can't believe you've quit on all those: fix it MAN!
kkott,one thing you can take from this is that even when people are on the opposite side of what they think you should do at least we want your happiness. Man, I tell ya, I know this sucks for you. It has to. I'm with ya. From one IU fan to another, I am with ya.

Reactions: Lucy01
Get favorite yams? Look, I know divorce is a touchy subject. I get that. But if a marriage can be saved even when it is about to die out then you got to try. In the long run it's better for everybody. Now this is only possible if both are willing to work on the marriage.
It means ... Go f**k yourself ..

you should take the advice..

Reactions: IUdonger
You are a terrible human being.

How so? He offered advice whether you agree with it or not. And guess what, the OP even admitted to having tried the book previously. So the advice that he offered was actually tried. I normally stay on the sidelines when you guys pile on VPM but in this case the topic IS something he knows about. Afterall, you guys were the ones saying it was something only pushed by the church. Right? I'm sure he's saved marriages in the past with his advice. Have you guys? Sure, he doesn't know the circumstances here but this is a public message board where everyone gets and gives redicule. VPM takes his fair share and will continue to do so. His followup wasn't what you guys expected, I bet. He didn't continue to push the marriage once the OP responded. He backed off.

You guys can be real assholes sometimes, even on Fridays.

Hahaha.

In the long run it's better for everybody.

That's a bunch of bullshit. My life is infinitely better and I'm happier than when I was married to my bitch of an ex wife. In fact I know she is too according to mutual friends.

Your assertion is wrong and based on biblical bullshit about divorce.

Let's try this again, GFY.

That's a bunch of bullshit. My life is infinitely better and I'm happier than when I was married to my bitch of an ex wife. In fact I know she is too according to mutual friends.

Sorry you had E D problems

I went golfing with my buddy for the first time this year today. We both took a half day. This guy is the kind of guy that would do anything for anyone. Phenomenal human being. Unfortunately, his dad is dying. Quickly. Painfully. He had to take a day off yesterday to take him to Indianapolis. We teed off at 1pm for a round of 18. At 3:30, his wife calls asking when he would be home because he was already gone too much from the previous day.

This is one of the C***s I was talking about the other day. How do you tell a friend that he needs to walk away?

Love and romance and all that shit is way overrated. Me and SWMBO are friends with benefits. We're both fine with that.

I understand what you are are saying. I once had a congregant at another church who was happily married for 35 yrs and his wife died from cancer. So not too long after she passes he marries her sister. Bad news. She ended up trying to kill him, and actually stabbed him in his sleep. He was better off no doubt. I don't know why you say these things about the wife you used to love. Obviously she hurt you a lot. I don't dismiss this and don't dismiss your premise that you are better off.

Get favorite yams? Look, I know divorce is a touchy subject. I get that. But if a marriage can be saved even when it is about to die out then you got to try. In the long run it's better for everybody. Now this is only possible if both are willing to work on the marriage.

If you read what he posted, she has no desire to work on anything, or even want to be around his stank ass.

I understand what you are are saying. I once had a congregant at another church who was happily married for 35 yrs and his wife died from cancer. So not too long after she passes he marries her sister. Bad news. She ended up trying to kill him, and actually stabbed him in his sleep. He was better off no doubt. I don't know why you say these things about the wife you used to love. Obviously she hurt you a lot. I don't dismiss this and don't dismiss your premise that you are better off.

You are full of shit lol.

Wait. Are you TMP?

Seriously. This would be one of the greatest trolling jobs ever.

Listen you gigantic piece of shit, **** you. Please kill yourself, or stop being in a position to "counsel" someone.

I went golfing with my buddy for the first time this year today. We both took a half day. This guy is the kind of guy that would do anything for anyone. Phenomenal human being. Unfortunately, his dad is dying. Quickly. Painfully. He had to take a day off yesterday to take him to Indianapolis. We teed off at 1pm for a round of 18. At 3:30, his wife calls asking when he would be home because he was already gone too much from the previous day.

This is one of the C***s I was talking about the other day. How do you tell a friend that he needs to walk away?

Right as he pulls the putter back to win or lose all the money, you say "you need to dump that bitch - she's a real hag."

How do you tell him? Uh, "your wife is a PITA bitch".

But in reality, they have to figure it out themselves. Most men will sadly just sit for years or decades and take shit like that from women. I finally got out after like 5 years, on my own. But friends and family had been dropping comments for at least 3 years.

Reactions: mike41703
Right as he pulls the putter back to win or lose all the money, you say "you need to dump that bitch - she's a real hag."
I like that a guy w a dad who is dying quickly and painfully finds time to sneak in a 4.5 hour round of golf...
Unless you played at McNutts 2h35m pace...

How do you tell him? Uh, "your wife is a PITA bitch".

But in reality, they have to figure it out themselves. Most men will sadly just sit for years or decades and take shit like that from women. I finally got out after like 5 years, on my own. But friends and family had been dropping comments for at least 3 years.

You're wise. I don't know what to say. It's easy to joke about saying "dude your wife is a fkn bitch". He literally sat at the bar after our round tonight and said(essentially) "I can't take it anymore Mike. She doesn't realize how much shit I go through...but don't get me wrong, she's amazing. I don't mean to rag on her or anything".

Lol. God damn. I wanted to punch him in the face.

Reactions: Moops
Seriously. This would be one of the greatest trolling jobs ever.

Despite having the most handles other than SH, he's been the same poster with all of them and never a character like VPM. That being said, I'm growing more and more convinced this is in fact the most elaborate troll job this site has ever seen.

Jesus said in Matthew 12:36 But I tell you that every careless word that people speak, they shall give an accounting for it in the day of judgment.
Representatives of mythical beings have no authority among the intelligent and sane.

For the record, my gal would NEVER call and demand I return to her presence.

Never.

If he wants to do this right, he needs a team approach

1) Therapist/marriage counselor to see whether marriage can/should be saved
2) Appraisers for real estate, unique jewelry, furnishings, value of business, boats etc
3) CPA/financial planner to see what is financially feasible for him, life insurance
4) Attorney to draft documents

Otherwise he'll end up with a hillbilly, half-assed solution

2) Appraisers for real estate, unique jewelry, furnishings, value of business, boats etc
3) CPA/financial planner to see what is financially feasible for him, life insurance

Vultures circling.

Reactions: kkott and T.M.P.

Cheaper to just give her the stuff.
Pack a bag.
Walk.
Don't bug the kids with "let's get together"
Don't bitch when the young girls say no.
Drink.
Bottom out.
Go to church.
Get saved.

Reactions: Moops and kkott
It is weird watching a marriage fall apart. A longtime friend of mine and his wife of over 20 years will be headed down that path soon. They've had separate rooms for a long time (she claims his snoring is terrible) and they were barely banging the last 3 or 4 years. So he now has this side piece (who tells him he doesn't snore at all), who he spends 90% of his time with. He and his soon to be ex-wife have a daughter going into her second year at the University of Iowa (yes she's hot and no, nothing in a two piece) and recently, on my friend's birthday, he and his daughter went out to a movie and then returned home where his daughter had made him a cake, put candles in it and sang him happy birthday. All the while his wife was in the next room watching TV and never bothered to join them at all.

What's weird is that they simply don't talk. When I got a divorce back in 1992, at least we had some big blow-ups and then it was over. These two, as my friend recently told me "haven't probably said 100 words to each other since October".

I couldn't live like that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT