ADVERTISEMENT

Advice for Separation

Way to be a quitter! Also way too go on teaching your kids that wedding vows don't mean chit and it's easier to quit than to try. Great parenting there! Good Job. You would rather be selfish and hurt your kids than fight. Unless she cheated, I recommend that you stop the nonsense, quit being selfish, and be a man and a father and a husband, and fix it. I know everyone quits these days, but unless you want your children to repeat your errors, I'd teach them that hard work and trying is the way to fix things, not walking away to "greener grass" that won't solve your issues.

What a dick post. Please stfu

Yeah.

Marriage is stupid. Luckily, my wife and I have a couple common interests(booze) and she expects next to nothing out of me. If it weren't for that it wouldn't work. I couldn't handle some of the *fudge*ing c****s my friends are married to.

Good woman. I was once with one of those fudging c**ts. Was dumb enough to actually get engaged to her....but smart enough to call off the wedding and run for the hills. They literally suck your will to live right out of your body, if you let them.

According to study out this week, drinking together may well be the key to long term happy marriages.

http://mashable.com/2016/07/19/couples-who-drink-together-are-happier/#Xz73fAovWSqB

My wife and I still get sloshed together at least once a week. So we're in good shape, too.

Last edited:
Way to be a quitter! Also way too go on teaching your kids that wedding vows don't mean chit and it's easier to quit than to try. Great parenting there! Good Job. You would rather be selfish and hurt your kids than fight. Unless she cheated, I recommend that you stop the nonsense, quit being selfish, and be a man and a father and a husband, and fix it. I know everyone quits these days, but unless you want your children to repeat your errors, I'd teach them that hard work and trying is the way to fix things, not walking away to "greener grass" that won't solve your issues.
Wrong, greener grass is what most people need.

legalize%20banner.jpg

You should have stopped with your first line. Let me be the first to tell you to STFU and not try and diagnose a situation you know nothing about. A relationship isn't a 1 way thing and you can't fix it by yourself no matter how hard you try. Nobody's "quitting". I'm making sure my wife and kids are taken care of, that my kids understand what's going on and that they have 2 loving and supportive parents, who are happier and healthier apart than they were together. I've hung in there and tried for years. I'm also hoping we don't rush in to a divorce, just in case we decide together that we both want to try and work it out. Now go F yourself and get to work on the deficit, healthcare and police-community relations. Can't believe you've quit on all those: fix it MAN!

Well said. I was going to respond to his, but I think you have that covered.

We're in NC. Don't know if that would work down here, but don't see why it wouldn't. Don't know if my wife would go that route, but I'll broach it with her.

Why don't you guys just become swingers? You get to hit a bunch of strange and not have to worry about a division of assets or any of the other messy things that can come out of a divorce. No legal fees, no nothing. Anytime a lawyer doesn't get paid, it's a good thing.

We have very little in common and my wife doesn't enjoy spending time with me anymore.

Does anyone enjoy spending time with you? :)

It's tough when that is the case in any long term relationship. I assume you've tried, but have you tried anything spontaneous recently? I was in a six year, LTR, and as it was fading down the stretch, I tried to do spontaneous things. The long distance part made it rough. That in itself was the big message. It got to the point where if we were to see each other, we had to wrap it around her schedule.

Does anyone enjoy spending time with you? :)

It's tough when that is the case in any long term relationship. I assume you've tried, but have you tried anything spontaneous recently? I was in a six year, LTR, and as it was fading down the stretch, I tried to do spontaneous things. The long distance part made it rough. That in itself was the big message. It got to the point where if we were to see each other, we had to wrap it around her schedule.

Yes, my dog.

Being selfish is why I am a happier man today and why my next wife, whomever she may be, will be getting a better man. It's okay to sacrifice for your kids, but if your misery in being in a dead end relationship doesn't end because you need to "man up" and "suck it up", your kids suffer.

Sometimes staying together when both parties are miserable is just as bad if not worse than spitting up.

My ex refused to go to counseling, said there was nothing wrong and was oblivious to what our misery was doing to our children. Staying married just to stay married is a horrible option, and if you want your kids to get the real you, the real person behind their miserable dad, you need to be selfish and be happy.

Reactions: IUecho87 and kkott
Being selfish is why I am a happier man today and why my next wife, whomever she may be, will be getting a better man. It's okay to sacrifice for your kids, but if your misery in being in a dead end relationship doesn't end because you need to "man up" and "suck it up", your kids suffer.

Sometimes staying together when both parties are miserable is just as bad if not worse than spitting up.

My ex refused to go to counseling, said there was nothing wrong and was oblivious to what our misery was doing to our children. Staying married just to stay married is a horrible option, and if you want your kids to get the real you, the real person behind their miserable dad, you need to be selfish and be happy.

Depends on what your pain threshold is. If you've been in a dead relationship for 3 months you need to sack up and wait for another season. If it's going on 5 years, then yeah, maybe its time for change.

Try Jesus.

Sorry to hear that. We have one more kid to leave the nest and we will have the house to ourselves. I'm sure it will be sad, but we will enjoy our time together.

I wouldn't want to try to change something that you obviously thought long and hard about, but your kids will be leaving home soon (hopefully). Do you think you could reconnect with that woman you loved enough to marry and spent 26 years with after your kids leave the nest?

My wife and I have tried to have at least one date a week for 30 years. It might have been an hour to grab dinner or shop for something we needed while we waited for a kid to get out of dance, or various practices. Making some time for each other is the secret of our 30 years.

I often imagine our kids coming to our house for Christmas with grandchildren and my wife and I standing by the door waiting for them. I picture us waving goodbye and looking forward to the next time we can see them together. I can't imagine the alternate image of splitting holidays with my kids and grandkids. That sad image would make me work hard to make the marriage work again.

My wife calls me her best friend.

I call her a dirty whore.

Alright AOTF, after almost 26 years of marriage, I've decided I need to move out. We've got 2 kids: 17 and 19 and we've told them. Hard for them but I think they'll be OK. No infidelity, just grown apart. I know several folks have been through it, so lay your advice on me; bags of rice and all. I could use a laugh and a pic or two wouldn't hurt either!

For you legal types, what do you know about Collaborative Law? We're looking at that, as it sounds like a great option for us, but I'm wondering if anyone has any warnings, concerns or advice in that area too? Thanks!

So did you do anything special for your 25th anniversary? Did everyone tell you how your marriage stood the test of time? The two of you 'made it'.

Reactions: mike41703
Good woman. I was once with one of those fudging c**ts. Was dumb enough to actually get engaged to her....but smart enough to call off the wedding and run for the hills. They literally suck your will to live right out of your body, if you let them.

According to study out this week, drinking together may well be the key to long term happy marriages.

http://mashable.com/2016/07/19/couples-who-drink-together-are-happier/#Xz73fAovWSqB

My wife and I still get sloshed together at least once a week. So we're in good shape, too.
F**king 4 to 6 times a week helps.

When I first read this I assumed crossfire was blowing shit and it wasn't serious. I take it I was wrong? (Still the new guy and have a long way to go before I get a handle on all the characters...)

When I first read this I assumed crossfire was blowing shit and it wasn't serious. I take it I was wrong? (Still the new guy and have a long way to go before I get a handle on all the characters...)

No he's just a jackass tard.

Alright AOTF, after almost 26 years of marriage, I've decided I need to move out. We've got 2 kids: 17 and 19 and we've told them. Hard for them but I think they'll be OK. No infidelity, just grown apart. I know several folks have been through it, so lay your advice on me; bags of rice and all. I could use a laugh and a pic or two wouldn't hurt either!

For you legal types, what do you know about Collaborative Law? We're looking at that, as it sounds like a great option for us, but I'm wondering if anyone has any warnings, concerns or advice in that area too? Thanks!
Friend, I am the lone person to say what I am going to say. Do you still love her? Does she still love you? If not then what exactly happened so that you stopped loving each other? You say you have grown apart. What do you mean exactly by this? Also, is it fixable? Could you change course and grow back together again? The reason I am asking these questions is because you guys want to split up because you think it will make you happy. The truth is it won't. You will probably find someone else who is the same as her or worse. The same goes for her. Leaving doesn't guarantee happiness,but it is possible to work on the marriage and find each other again. You've got good reasons to do so. You say the kids won't be ok,but do you you just want ok? The truth is this will affect them and their decision to marry someday. I've seen it a hundred times. If you guys are not in danger of physically hurting one another and there has been no adultery, you actually have a good chance to make it. My advice to you is that you love her. Read the book, The Five Love Languages by Dr. Gary Chapman. The info in that book has saved a lot of marriages that have grown apart. You will need to learn how to love your wife in the right way. All of this depends on whether you think that there is any reason to even try.

Friend, I am the lone person to say what I am going to say. Do you still love her? Does she still love you? If not then what exactly happened so that you stopped loving each other? You say you have grown apart. What do you mean exactly by this? Also, is it fixable? Could you change course and grow back together again? The reason I am asking these questions is because you guys want to split up because you think it will make you happy. The truth is it won't. You will probably find someone else who is the same as her or worse. The same goes for her. Leaving doesn't guarantee happiness,but it is possible to work on the marriage and find each other again. You've got good reasons to do so. You say the kids won't be ok,but do you you just want ok? The truth is this will affect them and their decision to marry someday. I've seen it a hundred times. If you guys are not in danger of physically hurting one another and there has been no adultery, you actually have a good chance to make it. My advice to you is that you love her. Read the book, The Five Love Languages by Dr. Gary Chapman. The info in that book has saved a lot of marriages that have grown apart. You will need to learn how to love your wife in the right way. All of this depends on whether you think that there is any reason to even try.

You are hilarious.

Reactions: IUdonger

Friend, I'm probably not the only one who wants to say this: I'm in a much better place to make these decisions than you are. MYOFB... I think that's plenty for you.

PS. read that book years ago when there was still hope.

Reactions: twenty02

No one GAFF what you think.....and to think you're qualified to give advice on ANYTHING is laughable.

BTW.....your savior loved to hang out with the whores.....they all called him "The Doorknob".....everyone got a turn.....and because he was also a carpenter.

GmEjiCv.gif

Reactions: IUdonger
Friend, I'm probably not the only one who wants to say this: I'm in a much better place to make these decisions than you are. MYOFB... I think that's plenty for you.

PS. read that book years ago when there was still hope.
I wish you nothing but the best. It's hard right now. Consider Christ,who He is and what He has done for you during this time. He will be there for you if you give Him a chance. I do appreciate that you want to stay close to your kids. Love on them the best way you can.

You are a terrible human being.

Please GFY.

TIA

Sorry to hear. My advice would be first order of business: if you haven't already (you should have done this before you announced you were leaving), open a new bank account in your name and make sure your paychecks are deposited in the new one asap. As far as I know there is no law that says you have to have your pay go into a joint account. You may not think she would drain your joint account, but people get crazy at that time.

This is sage got damn advice.

@kkott this is super important. Even if you think she'll be fine and cool. She can still royally fk you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT