ADVERTISEMENT

So who is proven right on election night?

cosmickid

Hall of Famer
Oct 23, 2009
Is it the slew of October partisan GOP polls predicting a "red wave"? Or is it the actual trends showing up in the early voting, and the data that Simon Rosenberg provided in this Meidas Touch podcast earlier today? Hey who better than me to post something controversial, right?

This is a long (27 min video), and undoubtedly most people will not bother to check it out. But if for whatever reason the "Red Wave" being touted by the likes of bailey, dbm, DANC, ftw and others fails to materialize, and you find yourself wondering how all of those Trafalgar/ Rasmussen and myriad of polling outfits you've never heard of could all be wrong, then you can come back and watch this and know that it wasn't that the GOP was "robbed". Rather it's that polls can only tell so much and actual data and results can sometimes tell you things that pollsters miss...

There's been a few folks questioning these October polls- here's an article that raises some valid questions...

Think about how all of a sudden the polls shifted in Oct, and as we witnessed on this very board the drumbeat was led by partisan GOP pollsters. There was a period of about 10 days when no independent, non-partisan polls were released but seemingly every day there was a new Ras, or Trafalgar or IA poll filling the void. Now it's to the point that national media is touting a huge GOP advantage, but that is not what the actual early vote totals (26 Million) and data (Dems +3 Million) is saying. Specifically in order to have a wave you have to have a dearth of votes from the opposition and that's normally what happens in midterms...

But Dem early vote in 2022 is actually higher in background states than it was in both 2018 and 2020. And according to Rosenberg who is part of the effort and privy to the data, Dems voting early increases Dem overall turnout.

While some people claim that it leads to a cannibalization of election day turnout, he points out that the Dems have concentrated their efforts to get the most reliable of Dem voters to vote early. By doing so, they are now able to concentrate on motivating lower propensity voters to the polls, instead of having to extend time and energy to turning out the regular Dem voters in the next few days and on election day...

Of course the Red wave could still grow into a tsunami on election day and wipe out the leads the Dems have. But at this point in time, that's not what the actual data is telling the people who are privy to the data and analyzing it. He sounds pretty confidant, so we'll see...

But if the "red wave doesn't drown us all and the main proponents and advocates of same on here are whining incessantly about "stolen elections", then redirect them back to this thread. And laugh at them... ;) :D

Last edited:
I agree with this. But….say the polls are way are off. Again. How will the MAGA election denier candidates react? What about the MAGA voters?
Depends how it goes. If say Vance wins in OH by 8+ points where they count the votes on election night and where fraud is nearly impossible to pull off but guys like Oz and Walker lose well...no one is going to believe that. But that won't happen.

Depends how it goes. If say Vance wins in OH by 8+ points where they count the votes on election night and where fraud is nearly impossible to pull off but guys like Oz and Walker lose well...no one is going to believe that. But that won't happen.
Which begs the question, why would nobody believe those candidates could lose? That’s the whole problem with the election fraud conspiracy peddlers. They create a false philosophical paradigm. If X doesn’t win, then it’s fraud. If X does win, then no fraud. If your mindset is that simple, you can never be wrong.

Which begs the question, why would nobody believe those candidates could lose? That’s the whole problem with the election fraud conspiracy peddlers. They create a false philosophical paradigm. If X doesn’t win, then it’s fraud. If X does win, then no fraud. If your mindset is that simple, you can never be wrong.
These nut cases are basically like I'll tempered toddlers. If they don't win they cry fraud despite one shred of credible evidence. It really is something.

These nut cases are basically like I'll tempered toddlers. If they don't win they cry fraud despite one shred of credible evidence. It really is something.

Grow up

Is it the slew of October partisan GOP polls predicting a "red wave"? Or is it the actual trends showing up in the early voting, and the data that Simon Rosenberg provided in this Meidas Touch podcast earlier today? Hey who better than me to post something controversial, right?

This is a long (27 min video), and undoubtedly most people will not bother to check it out. But if for whatever reason the "Red Wave" being touted by the likes of bailey, dbm, DANC, ftw and others fails to materialize, and you find yourself wondering how all of those Trafalgar/ Rasmussen and myriad of polling outfits you've never heard of could all be wrong, then you can come back and watch this and know that it wasn't that the GOP was "robbed". Rather it's that polls can only tell so much and actual data and results can sometimes tell you things that pollsters miss...

There's been a few folks questioning these October polls- here's an article that raises some valid questions...

Think about how all of a sudden the polls shifted in Oct, and as we witnessed on this very board the drumbeat was led by partisan GOP pollsters. There was a period of about 10 days when no independent, non-partisan polls were released but seemingly every day there was a new Ras, or Trafalgar or IA poll filling the void. Now it's to the point that national media is touting a huge GOP advantage, but that is not what the actual early vote totals (26 Million) and data (Dems +3 Million) is saying. Specifically in order to have a wave you have to have a dearth of votes from the opposition and that's normally what happens in midterms...

But Dem early vote in 2022 is actually higher in background states than it was in both 2018 and 2020. And according to Rosenberg who is part of the effort and privy to the data, Dems voting early increases Dem overall turnout.

While some people claim that it leads to a cannibalization of election day turnout, he points out that the Dems have concentrated their efforts to get the most reliable of Dem voters to vote early. By doing so, they are now able to concentrate on motivating lower propensity voters to the polls, instead of having to extend time and energy to turning out the regular Dem voters in the next few days and on election day...

Of course the Red wave could still grow into a tsunami on election day and wipe out the leads the Dems have. But at this point in time, that's not what the actual data is telling the people who are privy to the data and analyzing it. He sounds pretty confidant, so we'll see...

But if the "red wave doesn't drown us all and the main proponents and advocates of same on here are whining incessantly about "stolen elections", then redirect them back to this thread. And laugh at them... ;) :D
I don’t put too much faith in polls either but I don’t give Meidas Touch any clicks. They’re a disaster.

Grow up
She’s wrong too. However you have to agree that the election fraud conspiracies heavily tilt to the right.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
She’s wrong too. However you have to agree that the election fraud conspiracies heavily tilt to the right.

They tilted right in 2020 and have continued, but this notion that the Dems didn't have their "big lie" is simply fabrication.

Reactions: NPT
And their political entertainment networks play the tune while the sheep eat it up. Quite predictable.

Who cares? Honestly? Does it give you erections to get to point to right wing loons and claim you have less? Honestly, who cares?

Reactions: stollcpa and NPT
Who cares? Honestly? Does it give you erections to get to point to right wing loons and claim you have less? Honestly, who cares?
I care about the process and not much about who wins. There’s a WSJ article about right wingers hanging around election sites and drop boxes kitted out in body armor and rifles. That’s bull shit. We should want everyone to vote and have confidence in the system.

I don’t have a side. I care about this country.

I care about the process and not much about who wins. There’s a WSJ article about right wingers hanging around election sites and drop boxes kitted out in body armor and rifles. That’s bull shit. We should want everyone to vote and have confidence in the system.

I don’t have a side. I care about this country.
This post directly conflicts with your previous post. You clearly care who you see as having more deniers.

Reactions: stollcpa and NPT
If you want confidence in our elections go back to paper ballots and election day not election week or month. It's virtually impossible to commit fraud at the polls. It's easy to commit fraud with mail ins and drop boxes. Even the loony French know this and outlawed it.

The ED candidates will not concede close losses. It's gonna be a shitshow. Thanks, Trump.

Reactions: Bill4411
This post directly conflicts with your previous post. You clearly care who you see as having more deniers.
Nonsense. It's not a question of perception. It's fact. There are literally hundreds of election denier candidates on the ballot this Fall. They're all Republicans. Some have taken a page straight from the Trump playbook and argued, preemptively, that the only way they can lose is if the election is stolen from them.

This is unprecedented in American history, and fvcking dangerous.

Nonsense. It's not a question of perception. It's fact. There are literally hundreds of election denier candidates on the ballot this Fall. They're all Republicans. Some have taken a page straight from the Trump playbook and argued, preemptively, that the only way they can lose is if the election is stolen from them.

Did Brookings run a similar analysis on the 2018 midterms or 2020 ballot to count how many Democrat candidates were election deniers in the fallout from Hillary’s 2016 election claims?

Reactions: stollcpa
Did Brookings run a similar analysis on the 2018 midterms or 2020 ballot to count how many Democrat candidates were election deniers in the fallout from Hillary’s 2016 election claims?

C'mon, man. You can't seriously be equating what we're seeing this cycle with the sour grapes we've heard from Hillary? You know they don't even compare.

C'mon, man. You can't seriously be equating what we're seeing this cycle with the sour grapes we've heard from Hillary? You know they don't even compare.
Was there or was there not an analysis run in elections subsequent to HRC’s continued rhetoric on election denying on how many left leaning candidates were also “election deniers?” Noting of course that liberal outlets hold the amorphous and continuously adaptable definition of what an election denier is especially as it relates to republicans? Yes or no?

Maybe I’m an ass - very likely - but when I see raw numbers and hyperbolic sounding statements I like to have the comparator figures. I guess it’s the critical thinker in me.

Reactions: stollcpa
Maybe I’m an ass - very likely - but when I see raw numbers and hyperbolic sounding statements I like to have the comparator figures. I guess it’s the critical thinker in me.

Naw, you're just determined to stick with your false equivalency.

Reactions: HomesteadDrive
Naw, you're just determined to stick with your false equivalency.
Those are your words - and they’re foolishly chosen. I’m not establishing a false equivalency. I’m pointing out the couch fainting is infantile, overblown and dirty lying politics. You can choose to forget that HRC and the Raskins of the world objected to 2016 election results but choose to believe the left media campaign that only modern conservatism lunacy matters. But you do you.

Those are your words - and they’re foolishly chosen. I’m not establishing a false equivalency. I’m pointing out the couch fainting is infantile, overblown and dirty lying politics. You can choose to forget that HRC and the Raskins of the world objected to 2016 election results but choose to believe the left media campaign that only modern conservatism lunacy matters. But you do you.
You have waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more loons than we do. I don't need a study to know that. And neither do you.

Reactions: BCCHoosier
They tilted right in 2020 and have continued, but this notion that the Dems didn't have their "big lie" is simply fabrication.
Do you think that possibly the reason is in 2020 both Congress and the Presidency went towards the Democratic party? In 2016 many high ranking Democrats were spewing election fraud.

Dude early voting means nothing as republicans vote on election day by like a a 70 to 30 margin. Your party is going to get slaughtered on Tuesday.

Reactions: dbmhoosier

And there he is the guy who says we do not know him chiming in with his typical hate Trump stuff. It really is all you know. I look forward to your responses next Wednesday as you claim democracy is lost!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT