ADVERTISEMENT

Biden plays us for suckers, again.

CO. Hoosier

Hall of Famer
Aug 29, 2001
Biden’s approval polls on the border are terrible and he is a total failure there. He desperately needed a talking point. The GOP leadership help give him one with a bill that obviously had no chance of passing, and shouldn’t pass anyway. But he walks away from this mess with his talking point.

Biden’s approval polls on the border are terrible and he is a total failure there. He desperately needed a talking point. The GOP leadership help give him one with a bill that obviously had no chance of passing, and shouldn’t pass anyway. But he walks away from this mess with his talking point.

LOL

Initiated by the GOP, bipartisan negotiated. The only one pushing talking points is you.

The bill is a GOP BILL. Biden is kissing gop ass because this is the things they wanted. Nothing for gaining citizenship, capping the amount of immigrants. Atleast he is trying to govern,the gop is doing nothing, no offers by them just complaining and rejecting.

You know if we would just enforce the laws already on the books, it would be a lot better.

RIght?

LOL

Initiated by the GOP, bipartisan negotiated. The only one pushing talking points is you.
The bill is a GOP BILL. Biden is kissing gop ass because this is the things they wanted. Nothing for gaining citizenship, capping the amount of immigrants. Atleast he is trying to govern,the gop is doing nothing, no offers by them just complaining and rejecting.
If the only good thing you can say about this bill is that it is a GOP bill, both of you got nuthin. It’s a terrible bill for all the reasons I stated. It shows a remarkable failure of understanding of border issues, the nature of asylum, and separation of powers, and that’s just for openers. The sole purpose of the bill is to allow members of congress to say “We did something”.

If the only good thing you can say about this bill is that it is a GOP bill, both of you got nuthin. It’s a terrible bill for all the reasons I stated. It shows a remarkable failure of understanding of border issues, the nature of asylum, and separation of powers, and that’s just for openers. The sole purpose of the bill is to allow members of congress to say “We did something”.
For all the reasons you said? You didn't provide any reasons. You just ranted about Biden.

Read up again.

Reactions: Bill4411
Click on my avatar then click on my messages, then read. Quit acting like you are able to lecture me.
I can lecture you all I want. LOL You're not the boss of me, but you don't have to read it either.

Besides, it wasn't a lecture. It was a statement of facts. You didn't provide anything in your OP beyond ranting about Biden. Your fake outrage is duly noted.

People forget (or don't know) that former Speaker McCarthy is the guy who linked Ukraine aid to the border. He's the one who initiated this last fall. A bipartisan group of Senators then immediately went to work, spending four months crafting this bill. Things looked good until Trump killed it. Trump, yet again, put personal and political gain above the national interest.

It reminds me of when Trump kept banging the drum about "migrant caravans" in the weeks leading up to the midterms in 2018, claiming the border problems were entirely the Dems fault. Immediately after the November 2018 elections, though, the "caravan" talk stopped. He didn't want the failed border policy to reflect on his candidacy and reelection campaign in 2020.

He doesn't give a shit about solving the problem. He just wants this as a campaign issue.

That is why they are in Congress to do something, right now the gop is doing nothing. No to Ukraine, NO to allies in the Pacific, No to Gaza, even no to Israel who they claim to love. The gop is a nothing ,do nothing bunch of low lifes

Reactions: IU_Hickory
That is why they are in Congress to do something, right now the gop is doing nothing. No to Ukraine, NO to allies in the Pacific, No to Gaza, even no to Israel who they claim to love. The gop is a nothing ,do nothing bunch of low lifes
This is truly a do-nothing Congress. House Freedom Caucus in particular has little interest in legislating.

This Congress only passed 27 bills that were signed into law in 2023, fewest in almost 100 years. Of the 27, one created a commemorative coin and two renamed medical centers. Pathetic.

"One thing! I want my Republican colleagues to give me one thing, one that I can go campaign on and say we did,” Rep. Chip Roy, R-Tx., remarked on Nov. 15. Sorry, Chip.

Things looked good until Trump killed it. Trump, yet again, put personal and political gain above the national interest.
There is no part of that bill’s terms about immigration and border that looks good. I’d challenge anybody to make the case that it does. The only good thing about this bill that anybody has said is that it represents a step made through negotiation and compromise. I say bullshit! A step in the wrong direction is worse than no step. The rationing numbers are illusory and shouldn’t see the light of day anyway. . The money for the BP will be consumed with processing migrants. Who cares if defeating this bill helps Trump. Trump got the border exactly right. Biden dismantled all of Trumps border policies.

Biden needs to do his job. Blaming Trump and the MAGA republicans for his screw up is where we are in this country. The never-Trump rubes and blinkered partisans on here and in the media make it worse.

if Ukraine, Gaza, Israel, and the Pacific are such important national priorities, why doesn’t Biden offer to eliminate or suspend other spending, like student loan forgiveness, EV subsidies, green energy subsidies, or green infrastructure spending to pay the freight? At least then. We would know how important Biden really thinks Ukraine is.

The Mayorkas impeachment would have done more to fix the border than this bill.

blinkered partisans on here
Too funny. That describes you to a T. Hell, you'd blame Biden for your constipation.

I cite and quote far more Republicans than I do Dems.

I pointed out several important - - and beneficial - - features of the now-dead border bill in a thread yesterday. You, on the other hand, are just parroting HFC talking points.

This is a Do Nothing Congress, and people like you are enabling that kind of dysfunction by electing these losers.

crazy how much things are improving under this do nothing posture. i remember an active biden/congress: gave rise to inflation, border exacerbation, on an and on.

better to wait on a new president (praying) and see where we are then sign off on this lousy bill. then hopefully we fix the border and gov goes back to a do nothing posture
Too funny. That describes you to a T. Hell, you'd blame Biden for your constipation.

I pointed out several important - - and beneficial - - features of the now-dead border bill in a thread yesterday. You, on the other hand, are just parroting HFC talking points.

This is a Do Nothing Congress, and people like you are enabling that kind of dysfunction by electing these losers.

This is truly a do-nothing Congress. House Freedom Caucus in particular has little interest in legislating.

This Congress only passed 27 bills that were signed into law in 2023, fewest in almost 100 years. Of the 27, one created a commemorative coin and two renamed medical centers. Pathetic.

"One thing! I want my Republican colleagues to give me one thing, one that I can go campaign on and say we did,” Rep. Chip Roy, R-Tx., remarked on Nov. 15. Sorry, Chip.
Bowlmania no side gets everything they want, The border bill favors the GOP. A lot of groups would benefit from the bill. I would like to see a bill addressing a right to citizenship.

Blaming Biden isn’t partisan, it’s reality.

Ive found reason to compliment every Democratic president in my lifetime for various actions. Biden is an O-for. He has done nothing good let alone praiseworthy.
You Sir are just a hater, Hater hate just because. You want that traitor, rapist trump go ahead. He is who he is. The economy for 1 thing, insulin prices from 4000 to 35.00 is another.

• Haha
Reactions: Bill4411 and DANC
There is no part of that bill’s terms about immigration and border that looks good. I’d challenge anybody to make the case that it does. The only good thing about this bill that anybody has said is that it represents a step made through negotiation and compromise. I say bullshit! A step in the wrong direction is worse than no step. The rationing numbers are illusory and shouldn’t see the light of day anyway. . The money for the BP will be consumed with processing migrants. Who cares if defeating this bill helps Trump. Trump got the border exactly right. Biden dismantled all of Trumps border policies.

Biden needs to do his job. Blaming Trump and the MAGA republicans for his screw up is where we are in this country. The never-Trump rubes and blinkered partisans on here and in the media make it worse.
You Sir are trumps puppet and do nothing like the rest of the gop.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
if Ukraine, Gaza, Israel, and the Pacific are such important national priorities, why doesn’t Biden offer to eliminate or suspend other spending, like student loan forgiveness, EV subsidies, green energy subsidies, or green infrastructure spending to pay the freight? At least then. We would know how important Biden really thinks Ukraine is.
Why can he do it all,When bridges and infrastructures were being built. Who claim the benefit ,the gop who turned it down.

trumps puppet, with nothing to offer like the gop.

Bowlmania no side gets everything they want, The border bill favors the GOP. A lot of groups would benefit from the bill. I would like to see a bill addressing a right to citizenship.
Agreed, particularly with your first sentence. But that's how things used to get done in Congress. Compromise. This for that. It's one of the reasons why the Reagan years were productive. Ronny and Tip had lunch together every week and shit got done.

Now, compromise is a dirty word. We've got intractable people in Congress like the illiterate from Georgia and the handjobber from Colorado who have no interest in actually doing their job - - legislating. They're interested merely in sound bites, owning the libs and conning their constituents into believing they're actually earning their salary so that they can get reelected. Sad.

Do you even wonder why when you read something you disagree with you sink to believing hate motivates the other person? Is this why we have safe spaces and the new segregation?

This is why we can never come together.
The gop is calling people invaders people who are seeking a better life in America., No one built walls when they try to immigrate to America seeking a better life and yet they call themselves Christians

• Haha
Reactions: ulrey
The gop is calling people invaders people who are seeking a better life in America., No one built walls when they try to immigrate to America seeking a better life and yet they call themselves Christians
The Denver municipal budget is in a shambles. The Denver school system is running a huge deficit. Denver Health, the primary indigent hospital is on the verge of not meeting payroll and other expenses all because of Biden’s border policies. This is happening all over the country. We simply don’t have the wherewithal to give everybody a better life.

This isn’t the same as those times when we had severe labor shortages and immigrants earned a living through work for private enterprise. . Nowadays immigrants are a public charge,

Don't lecture me about walls or Christianity. You don’t know me.

Reactions: Willdog7

You're just being dishonest now. I already made an argument it was a good bill. Twenty made the argument. The Wall Street Friggin Journal made the argument.

You want to continue to be a hack, by all means, you do you. But don't insult our intelligence by pretending this is something else.

Then your GOP brethren are inept lawmakers.

Either way, not a good look for the party you cling.

You're just being dishonest now. I already made an argument it was a good bill. Twenty made the argument. The Wall Street Friggin Journal made the argument.

You want to continue to be a hack, by all means, you do you. But don't insult our intelligence by pretending this is something else.
Nonsense bc liberals think it’s a good bill doesn’t mean that it is. Hell what 700,000 have gotten through in the last two months? We are in the emergency now. The bill is absurd

what's crazy and perhaps more interesting is just how different half the country thinks. the reasonable minds can disagree appears split down the middle. probably doesn't bode well going fwd

You know if we would just enforce the laws already on the books, it would be a lot better.
Politicians's answer to every problem is to pass another law instead of trying to enforce the laws already written.

Reactions: 76-1 and DANC
Nonsense bc liberals think it’s a good bill doesn’t mean that it is. Hell what 700,000 have gotten through in the last two months? We are in the emergency now. The bill is absurd

what's crazy and perhaps more interesting is just how different half the country thinks. the reasonable minds can disagree appears split down the middle. probably doesn't bode well going fwd

The National Border Patrol Council HATES Biden ... I mean you can't over emphasize how much they dislike Biden and the Dems.

Here's what they have to say about this bill....

The National Border Patrol Council HATES Biden ... I mean you can't over emphasize how much they dislike Biden and the Dems.

Here's what they have to say about this bill....

again that's of little moment to me. of course they welcome any help. this is codifying a problem that doesn't go nearly far enough. what you cite is tantamount to a kid taking a four foot train for xmas a month early bc they can't wait another month for xmas.

the irony is what is declared an "emergency" in the bill is literally far eclipsed today but hasn't been perceived as same by biden for years - to say nothing of the fact that his policies invited the problem. i'd prefer to wait on a decent bill as i said and hopefully folks can make a cogent argument for putting the border on biden's lap like the rest of the bs. at this point getting biden out means more to me than anything else

again that's of little moment to me. of course they welcome any help. this is codifying a problem that doesn't go nearly far enough. what you cite is tantamount to a kid taking a four foot train for xmas a month early bc they can't wait another month for xmas.

the irony is what is declared an "emergency" in the bill is literally far eclipsed today but hasn't been perceived as same by biden for years - to say nothing of the fact that his policies invited the problem. i'd prefer to wait on a decent bill as i said and hopefully folks can make a cogent argument for putting the border on biden's lap like the rest of the bs. at this point getting biden out means more to me than anything else

You're never getting a bill like this again. It's as simple as that. If you don't understand that you haven't paid attention to immigration politics for the last 3 decades.

It's done. Dead. Maybe they'll try something in another 10 years or so

Bullshit. CO claimed no one even made the argument. Plenty of people made the argument. Claiming we didn't is just a lazy lie.

You're never getting a bill like this again. It's as simple as that. If you don't understand that you haven't paid attention to immigration politics for the last 3 decades.

i disagree. we implemented coronavirus restrictions on asylum that allowed us to quickly turn back migrants at the border for three years. with the right laws it can be done. my guess is that w/ the influx of migrants and the attendant burden on cities pressure will grow to get something done much sooner than you predict

Blaming Biden isn’t partisan, it’s reality.

Ive found reason to compliment every Democratic president in my lifetime for various actions. Biden is an O-for. He has done nothing good let alone praiseworthy.
your posts are better than comedy central

4.6 bil to just cover half the related expenses for migrants

money. crimes. it'll continue to get worse and pressure to get something better will eventually carry the day imo

i disagree. we implemented coronavirus restrictions on asylum that allowed us to quickly turn back migrants at the border for three years. with the right laws it can be done. my guess is that w/ the influx of migrants and the attendant burden on cities pressure will grow to get something done much sooner than you predict

Covid restrictions were an executive action, not Congressional action.

Reactions: UncleMark
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT