ADVERTISEMENT

Biden plays us for suckers, again.

Insulin was scheduled to go down to $35 when Biden became President and he canceled it - then he started it again after a couple years.

Why did he stop it in the first place?
Lol.

Because there is a large constituency on the left that are big supporters of wide open asylum laws.

I personally come down entirely with Republicans and HR2 that was written by Chip Roy... (Who you flamed above for some odd reason, one of the biggest immigration hawks in Congress). It would basically eliminate the asylum system entirely. I'm fine with that.

But I also know it has a snowballs chance in hell of that policy making it through the US Senate. Not this year, nor next, nor anytime ever.
again we're going to have to disagree. the many articles i cited with cities bitching will continue as will stories of migrant crime etc and public pressure will ensure something gets done better than the first offer proffered that's just pretensive to get ukraine funding

Biden’s approval polls on the border are terrible and he is a total failure there. He desperately needed a talking point. The GOP leadership help give him one with a bill that obviously had no chance of passing, and shouldn’t pass anyway. But he walks away from this mess with his talking point.

Why should it not pass?

The only person that walked away with a talking point is Trump. He doesn't want to fix the border...he needs it as a battle axe.

Reactions: Willdog7
nd
again you're missing the point. the point is that we have the capability to deter but choose not to. the numbers set forth in the bill are silly
again you have hatred for those seeking a better life.

again we're going to have to disagree. the many articles i cited with cities bitching will continue as will stories of migrant crime etc and public pressure will ensure something gets done better than the first offer proffered that's just pretensive to get ukraine funding
you only talk about migrant crime, hell crime is everywhere. you are saying all immigrants are criminal.

Insulin was scheduled to go down to $35 when Biden became President and he canceled it - then he started it again after a couple years.

Why did he stop it in the first place?
IT IS better than under trump,plus it does not matter its 35.00 now.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
You want an all white country,this is so sad on you.
correct. only whites. and the migrants. every one is coming here to commit crimes. they'll endure endless suffering to get here and visit harm upon us. the worst is that they inculcate same upon their children. so their kids, while cute, are really just criminals in waiting. sad

correct. only whites. and the migrants. every one is coming here to commit crimes. they'll endure endless suffering to get here and visit harm upon us. the worst is that they inculcate same upon their children. so their kids, while cute, are really just criminals in waiting. sad
Im praying for you. you need prayer

By the way, all studies (dozens of them) show that the crime rate is LOWER for immigrants than it is for US citizens. For all types of crime, big and small. Drug dealing, drug use, murder, rape, burglery, you name it. Was discussed on NPR a day or two ago.

Among immigrants, it is especially low for the undocumented. Duh... they don't want to get deported.

yeah, the GOP candidates always find a baddie fer-uh-ner and rant and rave on Fox about him. But for every one of those, there's many more that probably look like Murt or Mark or Goat or CO.H. or me.

Bullshit. CO claimed no one even made the argument. Plenty of people made the argument. Claiming we didn't is just a lazy lie.
Those damn liberals at the WSJ, Chamber of Commerce and the National Border Patrol Council
The bill has some issues, sure. But there's not even one good thing in the Senate’s border proposal? Really?

-Employing and empowering more border agents isn't good?
-Averting the in-place planned REDUCTION in ICE staffing isn't good?
-Opening more detention facilities to avoid catch and release isn't good?
-Speeding up asylum processing timeline and capabilities, from years to a max of 6 months, isn't good?
-Raising the legal standard of proof to pass the initial screening for asylum, making it more difficult for asylum seekers to pass, isn't good?

These are all baby steps in the right direction, and you should know it. You just fear that Biden gets credit for it, should any of those provisions be beneficial.
The bill codifies this fundamental fatal flaw in asylum the Biden/Harris/Mayorkas brain trust has expressly and by implication supported: Residents living in general deplorable conditions in the third world or in economically and socially repressed places ruled by dictators can be entitled to asylum. In addition to being unsustainable this notion would be impossible to administer because you can’t meaningfully distinguish among applicants on a case by case basis.

Under this law, every single Gazaian might make a credible case for asylum in the US. Under the law, an asylum gets to bypass safe countries and apply to the US for asylum. Under the law the threshold statutory question allow entry and legal status.

The bill blurs the important distinctions between asylum and refugee status.

In addition, having the legislature pass a law defining the enforcement authority of the executive branch is nuts. We can’t fix the shoplifting epidemic by re-defining law enforcement authority to prevent or investigate crime. And who can justify the relation ing concept!

There are scores of other details that are problems too. In my view, the fundamental change to asylum destroys all hope of orderly immigration control.

• Angry
Reactions: DANC and Willdog7
Biden’s approval polls on the border are terrible and he is a total failure there. He desperately needed a talking point. The GOP leadership help give him one with a bill that obviously had no chance of passing, and shouldn’t pass anyway. But he walks away from this mess with his talking point.

I mentioned this yesterday. Johnson got formally introduced to how Democrats operate. Snake in the weeds. Hopefully, he isn’t as dumb in the future. GOP is playing checkers and Dems are playing chess.

The bill codifies this fundamental fatal flaw in asylum the Biden/Harris/Mayorkas brain trust has expressly and by implication supported: Residents living in general deplorable conditions in the third world or in economically and socially repressed places ruled by dictators can be entitled to asylum. In addition to being unsustainable this notion would be impossible to administer because you can’t meaningfully distinguish among applicants on a case by case basis.

Under this law, every single Gazaian might make a credible case for asylum in the US. Under the law, an asylum gets to bypass safe countries and apply to the US for asylum. Under the law the threshold statutory question allow entry and legal status.

In addition, having the legislature pass a law defining the enforcement authority of the executive branch is nuts. We can’t fix the shoplifting epidemic by re-defining law enforcement authority to prevent or investigate crime. And who can justify the relation ing concept!

There are scores of other details that are problems too. In my view, the fundamental change to asylum destroys all hope of orderly immigration control.
That's all just plain wrong. You're either lying or simply repeating lies you read somewhere.

Why should it not pass?

The only person that walked away with a talking point is Trump. He doesn't want to fix the border...he needs it as a battle axe.
Trump doesn’t need a talking point. He has an undeniable record of a safe, secure, and organized border. Biden FUBARRED it. Trump trounces Biden in polls about the border. Biden desperately needs a talking pont

Even if you are right, "do nothing so the problem gets worse" is the pinnacle of self-destructive cynicism.
Do you even know what you said? Buden and Mayorkas are in control. The only way no bill makes the border worse is becaus Biden and Mayorkas aren’t doing the job.

I don't need to make an argument. I'm telling you that your post is simply top to bottom inaccurate. The bill doesn't do what you claim it does, and I don't have to prove anything. Back up your absurd claims, if you like.
So you got nuthin’. The statutory threshold questions and rationing speak for themselves.

So you got nuthin’. The statutory threshold questions and rationing speak for themselves.
No, they clearly don't speak for themselves, since you can't even begin to understand what they actually say.

I'm with twenty. This is no longer even worth the time and frustration, because the bill no longer has any chance. People like you, CO.H, have ruined this government, because you've made it impossible for anyone to accomplish anything. It's more important to you to score a political win, even if you have to make blatant falsehoods in order to do it, than it is to actually get anything done.

I don't even understand what the point of all this winning is if you don't ever accomplish anything from it.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
I mentioned this yesterday. Johnson got formally introduced to how Democrats operate. Snake in the weeds. Hopefully, he isn’t as dumb in the future. GOP is playing checkers and Dems are playing chess.
I rather agree. It seems obvious the Democrats knew the negotiated bill wouldn’t pass the house. For all the accusations of Republicans “wanting the issue” I think it’s more likely that Democrats wanted the talking point.

We tried to close the border, and Republicans wouldn’t let us.

Reactions: DANC and snarlcakes
No, they clearly don't speak for themselves, since you can't even begin to understand what they actually say.

I'm with twenty. This is no longer even worth the time and frustration, because the bill no longer has any chance. People like you, CO.H, have ruined this government, because you've made it impossible for anyone to accomplish anything. It's more important to you to score a political win, even if you have to make blatant falsehoods in order to do it, than it is to actually get anything done.

I don't even understand what the point of all this winning is if you don't ever accomplish anything from it.
We agree. Any agreement with Trump makes it impossible to run the government. Trump had a sensible and workable border policy. Biden made the border a piece of shit. All this bill does is to remove some of Biden’s shit. It doesn’t return the border to what it was.

You really can’t argue otherwise because the facts aren’t there for you.

What is so wrong with trying to find a better life for your family. I know you think you are a Christian. Be thankful ,they let your family in when your family were immigrants. Give me your tired, your weary, your huddled masses yearning to be free. The words on the statue of Liberty mean white people only. It was written for all people wanting a better life.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
The gop is calling people invaders people who are seeking a better life in America., No one built walls when they try to immigrate to America seeking a better life and yet they call themselves Christians
Laugh all you want too, life is not funny.

Anyone who disagree with the gop ,they want to impeach. No compromise, no governing, its my way or no way. Yes we are a divided country. People have forgotten where they came from. They want the power, the choice ,they call themselves , no one else can have it.

What is so wrong with trying to find a better life for your family. I know you think you are a Christian. Be thankful ,they let your family in when your family were immigrants. Give me your tired, your weary, your huddled masses yearning to be free. The words on the statue of Liberty mean white people only. It was written for all people wanting a better life.
No reasonable person is wanting to stop immigration. We simply need to stop the melee and create an expedited process for vetting the people who want to join us

Biden and Harris have failed here as Trump did before them.

• Haha
No reasonable person is wanting to stop immigration. We simply need to stop the melee and create an expedited process for vetting the people who want to join us

You do not want to vet , you want to keep brown people out because you are afraid. THAT IS WHAT trunp wants. They have not failed. the gop doesnot want to govern or ,compromise. They just want to kiss trumps ass.

The gop are not reasonable people. They want a white only country.

You do not want to vet , you want to keep brown people out because you are afraid. THAT IS WHAT trunp wants. They have not failed. the gop doesnot want to govern or ,compromise. They just want to kiss trumps ass.
You could not be more wrong.

KMA

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT