ADVERTISEMENT

So who is proven right on election night?

New year but same old obsession for you Forever Trumpers. You've resurrected an old thread with an absurd, self-serving social media post from your fallen idol.

Of course he's wrong, not that you'll ever be able to understand that. He single-handedly cost the GOP the Senate in 2020 and he did it again this year by endorsing (and, in some cases, hand-picking) terrible candidates like Herschel Walker and Dr. Oz. In fact, almost every Trump-endorsed candidate in key, high-proflle races lost.

Walker might be the dumbest-ever major party nominee for Senate, and Mastriano in Pennsylvania might have been the craziest ever to get the nomination for governor. Trump-endorsed candidates in New Hampshire, Michigan, Nevada and Arizona weren't much better.

Trump's a disaster and should be put out to pasture, but as long as he's got worshipers like you, he'll stay relevant and flush with cash. (Were you able to snag one of those Trump NFT superhero trading cards?). Amazing.

Reactions: outside shooter
It's not Darwinism it natural selection. Please don't misuse scientific terms to score political shots.

stripes-francis-francis.gif

Stop being so pedantic or better still, get a life.

First of all, you want me to stop being a pedant? How little attention have you been paying to make such a ridiculous request?

Second, you hit my sweet spot. Political cheap shot combined with making light of death combined with bad science. Three things that all trigger me.
Have you thought of interviewing with Ken Nunn? I think he has a division that you could be a major player in.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
There is a genetic component to intelligence, so when a lack of intelligence results in death where it was otherwise unlikely, and prior to the passing on of genetic material through the production of offspring, genetic drift indeed occurs to some extent within that population. Do we really "evolve" away from Trumpism in years? Of course not.

• Haha
Reactions: Crayfish57
There is a genetic component to intelligence, so when a lack of intelligence results in death where it was otherwise unlikely, and prior to the passing on of genetic material through the production of offspring, genetic drift indeed occurs to some extent within that population. Do we really "evolve" away from Trumpism in years? Of course not.
What dumb ass did your genetic component migrate from?

• Love
Reactions: Lucy01
Stick to chemistry. That's not what genetic drift is.

Why do you people insist on pushing my buttons so?

I am merely suggesting that...

1) if a large number of dumb people were to die early, before generating offspring;
2) if a large number of much smarter people were to live much longer, past child bearing years;
3) if intelligence is a heritable trait;

Then the subsequent generation may have a measurably higher level of average intelligence.

This isn't that complicated. Is it significant on short time scales? Likely not.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and Crayfish57

1) if a large number of dumb people were to die early, before generating offspring;
2) if a large number of much smarter people were to live much longer, past child bearing years;

Then the subsequent generation may have a measurably higher level of average intelligence.

This isn't that complicated. Is it significant on short time scales? Likely not.
You sure beat the odds on point #1 then.

Yeah, but that's not what genetic drift is. I want you people to stop dropping scientific sounding buzzwords and thinking you're making a point. It was bad enough when CO.H started talking about non-linear systems, but at least that was so complicated and esoteric that everyone could rightly assume he was talking out his ass. Evolution is basic stuff. F*cking it up is like failing 9th grade biology.

Reactions: jet812
How would you apply this to the large number of young black men dying due to inner city violence? Is it as simple as them being dumb on a genetic level?

• Wow
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Based on the facts related in the article, his office's "spin" is the only explanation that makes sense.

The author covers NYC politics. I'm betting he's not an Adams fan (only because I'm guessing almost no one who covers NYC politics is an Adams fan).

Just saw he’s a former Hoosier (state, not school).

I think he made the classic political mistake of thinking that getting elected meant that he could try out his ideas, instead of placating his supporters.

I admire that to a degree. There’s something noble about having individual thoughts, but often it’s a political nightmare as you noted (few exceptions like Lieberman).

I admire that to a degree. There’s something noble about having individual thoughts, but often it’s a political nightmare as you noted (few exceptions like Lieberman).
Especially hard for a guy like Adams, whose lane of likeability is like four people. Everyone (who talks loudly) in his city is either way too far to the left of him or a member of the other party.

Especially hard for a guy like Adams, whose lane of likeability is like four people. Everyone (who talks loudly) in his city is either way too far to the left of him or a member of the other party.

50% approval rating as of a month ago.

This isn’t helping his cause

This isn’t helping his cause

Yeah that was painful.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT